or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Killer deal: Brand new Apple 11.6-inch MacBook Air for $849 ($150 savings)

Killer deal: Brand new Apple 11.6-inch MacBook Air for $849 ($150 savings)

post #1 of 5
AppleInsider sponsor MacMall on Monday teamed up with eBay to offer readers a killer deal on Apple's 11.6-inch MacBook Air, selling brand new units for $849 while supplies last.

The promotion, which is part of eBay's ongoing March Madness blowout sale, knocks $149 (or 15%) off the entry level MacBook Air, bringing the cost down to $849.99, which is the lowest price we've ever seen on the ultra-thin notebook.

These are brand new, unopened MacBook Airs featuring a 1.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB DDR3 SDRAM, 64GB Flash Storage, NVIDIA GeForce 320M, 11.6" LED-backlit glossy widescreen display, AirPort Extreme Wi-Fi 802.11n, Bluetooth 2.1, FaceTime camera, built-in battery, and precision aluminum unibody.

These particular March Madness deals are limited to 24-hours or less, or while supplies last. In this case, eBay is indicating that it expects to blow through the allotment of 11-inch MacBook Airs earmarked for this sale within the next 4 hours.

Readers interested in this deal can compare it to prices from Apple's other authorized resellers in AppleInsider's Mac Price Guide, the MacBook Air segment of which is included below:

post #2 of 5
.....ಠ_ಠ
post #3 of 5
Can anyone loan me $850.00 quick?
post #4 of 5
Apple has those for the same price in refurbished section with same warranty. I prefer refurbished ones better because they are all checked by technician throughout opposite to the new ones that are checked in about 1:1000 ratio so one can end up with defective one more often.
Marquiz d' Gabber von Gabberaarde

... and Windows Vista...
... fails on the Moon...
... 6x slower!
Marquiz d' Gabber von Gabberaarde

... and Windows Vista...
... fails on the Moon...
... 6x slower!
post #5 of 5
Sandy Bridge upgrade on it's way then?
Why does somebody ask me a question, I can never understand, I can never provide the answer, but believe I can.
Why does somebody ask me a question, I can never understand, I can never provide the answer, but believe I can.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Killer deal: Brand new Apple 11.6-inch MacBook Air for $849 ($150 savings)