or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › iBook transfer between iDevices

iBook transfer between iDevices

post #1 of 3
Anyone know if it's possible to transfer an iBook between iDevices? I have iTouch now but will be getting(hopefully) an iPad 2 soon. If I buy and download an iBook from the iBookStore to the iTouch, will I be able to transfer it to the iPad?
Also, is it a DRM thing that iBooks can't be read on Macs and synced to iDevices like other media?
Thanks,
Steve(no, not THAT Steve)
It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got. -Sheryl Crow
It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got. -Sheryl Crow
post #2 of 3
Yes, you can put your iBook on all iDevices. Even on all devices at the same time.

When you sync your Touch (by the way, it is iPod Touch not iTouch) to iTunes the iBook will be uploaded into iTunes. From there it will be made available for download to all your iDevices that support iBooks.
What goes online stays online. What is online will become public.
What goes online stays online. What is online will become public.
post #3 of 3
And yes... ePub purchased through iBooks has DRM... So far Apple has chosen not to release a DRM savvy ePub reader for OSX.
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › iBook transfer between iDevices