or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Libya: Lies by the MSM in lead to Iraqification

Libya: Lies by the MSM in lead to Iraqification

post #1 of 17
It's a given we are being lied to by the Media (more so than usual) about Libya and that something else entirely is going on than the BS fed to a hapless and naively trusting populace. What that 'something' might be can best be discussed in the main Libya thread.....this one is for monitoring and exposing the constant stream of lies from the media which has now reached a flood of Biblical proportions.

I'll start with Lie #1 courtesy Reuters 'News' Agency.

The following photo was posted by Reuters photojournalist Asmaa Waguih with the caption:

Protester looks at the pictures of protesters who were killed during the last few days during the uprising against Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi in Benghazi city, Libya, February 23, 2011.

Full size pic here

However, you don't need to speak Arabic to decipher this one as we in the West have taken our numerals from Arabic and so the numbers in both languages are the same...if you look at the poster in the pic and the top-left corner you will see the date: 1996/6/29

The Arabic text itself refers to a prison massacre in 1996.

More info on this story here

So, we're back in 'Iraq Babies in incubators' territory. Question is: why?

Obviously when one needs to lie about something it is because that thing did not happen.

We need more pieces of the jigsaw though....more lies exposed as they develop.
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
post #2 of 17
Not to mention Obama's "kinetic military action accomplished" moment.
post #3 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

Not to mention Obama's "kinetic military action accomplished" moment.

It's not about Obama imo - he is merely a continuation of the status quo. Which is why he is now authorizing covert CIA action to fund the rebels.

Will successive US administrations never learn? LIbya has all the hallmarks now of an Iraq/Afghan blowback just waiting to happen.
post #4 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

It's not about Obama imo - he is merely a continuation of the status quo. Which is why he is now authorizing covert CIA action to fund the rebels.

Will successive US administrations never learn? LIbya has all the hallmarks now of an Iraq/Afghan blowback just waiting to happen.

Blowback or blowforward? Wait, no. Preblow? What's the right word?
post #5 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

Blowback or blowforward? Wait, no. Preblow? What's the right word?

Someone's going to post it....

post #6 of 17
Quote:

It's a given we are being lied to by the Media (more so than usual) about Libya and that something else entirely is going on than the BS fed to a hapless and naively trusting populace. What that 'something' might be can best be discussed in the main Libya thread.....this one is for monitoring and exposing the constant stream of lies from the media which has now reached a flood of Biblical proportions.

I'll start with Lie #1 courtesy Reuters 'News' Agency.

The following photo was posted by Reuters photojournalist Asmaa Waguih with the caption:

Protester looks at the pictures of protesters who were killed during the last few days during the uprising against Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi in Benghazi city, Libya, February 23, 2011.

Full size pic here

However, you don't need to speak Arabic to decipher this one as we in the West have taken our numerals from Arabic and so the numbers in both languages are the same...if you look at the poster in the pic and the top-left corner you will see the date: 1996/6/29

The Arabic text itself refers to a prison massacre in 1996.

More info on this story here

So, we're back in 'Iraq Babies in incubators' territory. Question is: why?

Obviously when one needs to lie about something it is because that thing did not happen.

We need more pieces of the jigsaw though....more lies exposed as they develop.

I am sick of our country the United States of America kissing every ass in these countries that needs our help and behind our backs stab us constantly.Who do we trust? Obama is a puppet that is manipulated all the time by either the GOP or the Tea Party. The sincere tax payers are footing the bill for all of this.
post #7 of 17
Fox News is calling this the Not War.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #8 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Fox News is calling this the Not War.

Don't get it - not up on FoxNewsSpeak...do they mean it is not a war?

Or that it is being sold as not a war? Or they are trying to convince people it's not a war?

What are they implying?
post #9 of 17
Quote:

Don't get it - not up on FoxNewsSpeak...do they mean it is not a war?

Or that it is being sold as not a war? Or they are trying to convince people it's not a war?

What are they implying?

That the White House refuses to call it a war. It's derogatory and mocking. I laughed, but I also thought it was a little over the top. I know FNC gets intensely criticized here. But on the occasions I've watched it I'd say it's more more balanced than other news casts. Sure, there is a conservative bent on many things, but the overall straight news coverage is pretty good. Their commentators clearly hold the conservative/libertarian point of view, but those views are made clear from moment one. I think calling this a "Not War" every time which it's referred to kind of turns me off, even if I did chuckle the first few times it happened. I'll watch FNC here and there in bits and pieces. I get my news mostly online from aggregator sites like Drudge and even HuffPo sometimes. Speaking of which, one thing I do after a Presidential speech or other event is switch between the three cable networks to see how they are covering it differently.
post #10 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

That the White House refuses to call it a war. It's derogatory and mocking. I laughed, but I also thought it was a little over the top. I know FNC gets intensely criticized here. But on the occasions I've watched it I'd say it's more more balanced than other news casts. Sure, there is a conservative bent on many things, but the overall straight news coverage is pretty good. Their commentators clearly hold the conservative/libertarian point of view, but those views are made clear from moment one. I think calling this a "Not War" every time which it's referred to kind of turns me off, even if I did chuckle the first few times it happened. I'll watch FNC here and there in bits and pieces. I get my news mostly online from aggregator sites like Drudge and even HuffPo sometimes. Speaking of which, one thing I do after a Presidential speech or other event is switch between the three cable networks to see how they are covering it differently.

So the White House refuses to call it a war and they follow suit?

Interesting...I guess the word 'war' is not what the public need to hear right now. Think it will reach the point where they won't be able to avoid using the term though.

Imo, this so far does not look to bad from the pov of a cock-up - compared with Iraq say - but I think the coalition are making some serious errors and piling up trouble for very soon down the road.

1) First - and possibly related to your point is the 'upbeat' 'it's all nothing really' vibe they are giving out...there is some serious crap going down on the ground and it will get worse. The best they can say right now is no-one from the West is involved.

2) They have blustered so much that if the no-fly zones fail they will have no choice to to abandon it and look like idiots (and leave Qaddafi in power), arm the rebels for an ongoing war of attrition or go in. All of these options could in one way or another end in disaster.

3) They've called Qaddaffi's bluff and imo seriously underestimated him. Whatever you think of him a dictator does not stay in power for 40 years without being a player.

I see trouble ahead...
post #11 of 17
Quote:

Someone's going to post it....

It's called "Problem, Reaction, Solution".

Create the problem, cause a reaction, then formulate a solution.

It makes a stack of money for the war machine. America's economy is so co-dependent on perpetual war that if there is not enough war to justify the terminally bloated "defense" budget, then somebody has to create it. The CIA (amongst others), is very skilled at accomplishing such and have a very long and bloody track record (ie right from the time the agency was created).

A parallel is the so called "war on terrorism". If there is a roaring silence as regards a lack terrorist attacks, then that's a problem. A big problem. So someone has to fix it and either create real terrorist attacks, or phony ones that give the public the impression that "they are still out to get us".
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
post #12 of 17
I really thought this exchange was something to behold....

http://randyforbes.house.gov/News/Do...umentID=233219

PLEASE WATCH THE FOLLOWING YOUTUBE CLIP.

You don't have to watch the entire clip.. You will get the picture really quick....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTvYb...itle#t=h48m39s

Makes you wonder about things....

Fellows
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34

post #13 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellowship View Post

I really thought this exchange was something to behold....

http://randyforbes.house.gov/News/Do...umentID=233219

PLEASE WATCH THE FOLLOWING YOUTUBE CLIP.

You don't have to watch the entire clip.. You will get the picture really quick....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTvYb...itle#t=h48m39s

Makes you wonder about things....

Fellows

One phrase sums it all up there in relation to acting against the Rule of Law:

"well, we had a chance of success...."

That sums up the attitude of the World today and why we are in the mess we are all in....
post #14 of 17
Quote:

One phrase sums it all up there in relation to acting against the Rule of Law:

"well, we had a chance of success...."

That sums up the attitude of the World today and why we are in the mess we are all in....

The Rule of Law is dead these days it seems.

People these days do as they please in the "name" of what ever suits them.

I do appreciate people who call this kind of thing out like Mr. Forbes did in the linked material.

These people who stand up for what is right are far and few between.

Thank you Mr. Forbes.

Ohh and a short bio of Randy Forbes:

Randy graduated from Great Bridge High School in Chesapeake in 1970. He was valedictorian of his 1974 class at Randolph-Macon College. In 1977, Randy graduated from the University of Virginia School of Law.

Randy attends Great Bridge Baptist Church, where he has taught adult Sunday school for over 20 years. He was born and raised in Chesapeake, Virginia where he still resides with his wife Shirley. He and Shirley have been married since 1978 and have four children: Neil, Jamie, Jordan, and Justin.

God Bless this Man of integrity in a world of evil with ever shifting sand.

Fellows

post #15 of 17
Secretary Gates says...

"You're getting into constitutional law here and I'm no expert on it"

And the look on his face is like.... I am so above this kind of questioning...

Wow..

Just...

Wow..

Fellows

post #16 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellowship View Post

Secretary Gates says...

"You're getting into constitutional law here and I'm no expert on it"

And the look on his face like.... I am so above this kind of thing...

Wow..

Just...

Wow..

Fellows

It wasn't even true....he wasn't getting into Constitutional Law - he was asking if the circumstances Gates had himself admitted were an act of war in relation to the US would be so if applied to another country...

How can that have anything to do with Constitutional Law?
post #17 of 17
Quote:

It wasn't even true....he wasn't getting into Constitutional Law - he was asking if the circumstances Gates had himself admitted were an act of war in relation to the US would be so if applied to another country...

How can that have anything to do with Constitutional Law?

No kidding....

The world needs integrity..

It starts with each of us and we must hold those who are in power accountable.

If we are indifferent then when everything of value falls apart we have only ourselves to blame.

Fellows

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Libya: Lies by the MSM in lead to Iraqification