or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › I found Jesus
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I found Jesus

post #1 of 61
Thread Starter 
I guess it's been weighing on me for a long time. All these demands for evidence I keep making to try to explain things in this world are just preventing me from seeing the wonders of the next. God transcends evidence. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders as I no longer have to stay up late at night thinking about the vastness of the universe. Tonight I go to sleep comforted by a universe which smaller than I thought; it pales in comparison to the infinite love of our savior. The feeling of knowing I'm right and that I'm going to live forever in the next life is like the warmest of blankets wrapped around my soul. Tomorrow I will begin the next chapter of this less significant life and spread the word to those who haven't experienced and embraced God's eternal truth, lest they be damned for all eternity.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #2 of 61
Congratulations...

I always knew you were a fundie. It's good you have embraced this aspect of yourself.

I'm sure we will all feel better too now you will no longer be offloading your previous issues on to the denizens of this board - it's great that we can expect such a change in behaviour...you are a shining example.

I think you might need some basic theological instruction in your new walk though and I am sure there are many here who can give you the benefit of their greater knowledge...

You might even find that the universe does not in fact get smaller just because you've abandoned a paradigm that claims unique ownership of facts and truth - in fact, you may be surprised to learn that it STAYS EXACTLY THE SAME SIZE!!!!

So you haven't lost anything at all!

And gained freedom!!!

And we don't have to listen to your rants or refusals to engage!!!!

Everyone's a winner!!!!

God is indeed Great!!!
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #3 of 61
I used to have this T-shirt.

post #4 of 61
Can anyone find Mumbo Jumbo though, he has been gone quite a while.
post #5 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

I guess it's been weighing on me for a long time. All these demands for evidence I keep making to try to explain things in this world are just preventing me from seeing the wonders of the next. God transcends evidence. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders as I no longer have to stay up late at night thinking about the vastness of the universe. Tonight I go to sleep comforted by a universe which smaller than I thought; it pales in comparison to the infinite love of our savior. The feeling of knowing I'm right and that I'm going to live forever in the next life is like the warmest of blankets wrapped around my soul. Tomorrow I will begin the next chapter of this less significant life and spread the word to those who haven't experienced and embraced God's eternal truth, lest they be damned for all eternity.

As someone who is most definitely NOT a fundie, I think your comment is really in bad taste. I also think it is based on some false assumptions. One of these is that people who are Christians and/or just believe in a supreme being don't seek answers and don't seek evidence. There may be some that think the Earth is 6,000 years old, but there are millions more that don't. I'll use myself as an example:

Me: I'm a Christian who does not attend church regularly. I believe that Jesus is my savior. I have seen too many events/occurrences/developments in my life to dismiss them as coincidence. I am convinced there is a supreme being and convinced God has a plan for me. When I look at nature, I am forced to conclude that it didn't happen by chance. I believe in evolution, though I don't think it was random per se. I think organized religion is often about control. I question the bible, because while I believe some of it is the word of God, I also know that some of it is the word of men. I also think much of it is metaphorical. I do not think homosexuality is morally wrong or a sin. I oppose evangelism because I don't think it's right to push my religious beliefs on others. There are many things that need to be proven. There are other things I am willing to take on faith. This does not mean I've stopped thinking. .

To point is this: I've met many people like me. We don't use faith as a crutch or just a warm blanket of false comfort. We've arrived at certain views after a lot of thought, consideration and searching. I, for one, don't appreciate the implication that people like me have surrendered our intellects.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #6 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcUK View Post

Can anyone find Mumbo Jumbo though, he has been gone quite a while.

It rubs the lotion on its skin. It does this whenever it is told.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #7 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

I guess it's been weighing on me for a long time. All these demands for evidence I keep making to try to explain things in this world are just preventing me from seeing the wonders of the next. God transcends evidence. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders as I no longer have to stay up late at night thinking about the vastness of the universe. Tonight I go to sleep comforted by a universe which smaller than I thought; it pales in comparison to the infinite love of our savior. The feeling of knowing I'm right and that I'm going to live forever in the next life is like the warmest of blankets wrapped around my soul. Tomorrow I will begin the next chapter of this less significant life and spread the word to those who haven't experienced and embraced God's eternal truth, lest they be damned for all eternity.

You are kidding yourself.wake up and smell the coffee!You found your inner thoughts telling yourself you found Jesus.Stop dreaming please.
post #8 of 61
Guys...come on! Pay attention.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #9 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Me: I'm a Christian who does not attend church regularly. I believe that Jesus is my savior. I have seen too many events/occurrences/developments in my life to dismiss them as coincidence. I am convinced there is a supreme being and convinced God has a plan for me. When I look at nature, I am forced to conclude that it didn't happen by chance. I believe in evolution, though I don't think it was random per se. I think organized religion is often about control. I question the bible, because while I believe some of it is the word of God, I also know that some of it is the word of men. I also think much of it is metaphorical. I do not think homosexuality is morally wrong or a sin. I oppose evangelism because I don't think it's right to push my religious beliefs on others. There are many things that need to be proven. There are other things I am willing to take on faith. This does not mean I've stopped thinking.....

But....but.....atheists say you MUST be a moron who believes gays are sickos who'll burn in hell and that you believe Adam and Eve were around 4000 years ago with a brontosaurus....

Are you sure?
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #10 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

You are kidding yourself.wake up and smell the coffee!You found your inner thoughts telling yourself you found Jesus.Stop dreaming please.

Jesus put the inner thought there. Duh.
post #11 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

You are kidding yourself.wake up and smell the coffee!You found your inner thoughts telling yourself you found Jesus.Stop dreaming please.



It's way way past post-modern irony.....

Atheists parodying something only they believe to be the case and other atheists not only NOT getting it (just like everyone else) but unable to tell the difference between that and the very people supposedly being lampooned....

And all the while the only people making any sense at all are the barbarian backward ignorant believers!!!!!

Only on PO!!! This is pure gold!!! We've invented a new fucking cultural genre!!!!!
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #12 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

I guess it's been weighing on me for a long time. All these demands for evidence I keep making to try to explain things in this world are just preventing me from seeing the wonders of the next. God transcends evidence. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders as I no longer have to stay up late at night thinking about the vastness of the universe. Tonight I go to sleep comforted by a universe which smaller than I thought; it pales in comparison to the infinite love of our savior. The feeling of knowing I'm right and that I'm going to live forever in the next life is like the warmest of blankets wrapped around my soul. Tomorrow I will begin the next chapter of this less significant life and spread the word to those who haven't experienced and embraced God's eternal truth, lest they be damned for all eternity.

Is it that time of year already? Reads like The Onion.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #13 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

Is it that time of year already? Reads like The Onion.

Yes, it's that date again.

Still...some people have this day all year-round. This should really be their day off
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #14 of 61
Happy April fools day to all you fools as well.

While BR might be missing the big screw that matters He is funny from time to time

Just kidding about that big screw BR! I am sure you will find it just like you did Jesus

Fellows
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34
Reply
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34
Reply
post #15 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post



It's way way past post-modern irony.....

Atheists parodying something only they believe to be the case and other atheists not only NOT getting it (just like everyone else) but unable to tell the difference between that and the very people supposedly being lampooned....

And all the while the only people making any sense at all are the barbarian backward ignorant believers!!!!!

Only on PO!!! This is pure gold!!! We've invented a new fucking cultural genre!!!!!

I agree with you 100% but You're WRONG!

I can't agree with you about something (ANYTHING) because others like BR or Trumptman or SDW might be reading this! LOL

and btw.... barbarian backward ignorant believer sort of would look hot on you Seg LOL


Fellows

I have been trying to get BR to wear it for ages now
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34
Reply
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34
Reply
post #16 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellowship View Post

Happy April fools day to all you fools as well.

While BR might be missing the big screw that matters He is funny from time to time

Just kidding about that big screw BR! I am sure you will find it just like you did Jesus

Fellows

This post has been reported for personal attacks, name calling, and general principle.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #17 of 61
heheheheh
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #18 of 61
THIS JUST IN!!!!


Shocking VIDEO of BR and another Atheist where by BR and other Atheist are both agreeing that there is no God after BR said he found Jesus!!!!!!! As you can clearly see in the video BR and other atheist are clearly agreeing with each other that there is no God, No Jesus!

I knew it could not be trusted that BR found Jesus!

LOL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJC0FfqRkm4

Fellows
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34
Reply
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34
Reply
post #19 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellowship View Post

THIS JUST IN!!!!


Shocking VIDEO of BR and another Atheist where by BR and other Atheist are both agreeing that there is no God after BR said he found Jesus!!!!!!! As you can clearly see in the video BR and other atheist are clearly agreeing with each other that there is no God, No Jesus!

I knew it could not be trusted that BR found Jesus!

LOL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJC0FfqRkm4

Fellows

Hehe Fellows is in a roll!
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #20 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

Hehe Fellows is in a roll!

Well, you know,,, It is a thread about Jesus after all I could not let it go to waste!

May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34
Reply
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34
Reply
post #21 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellowship View Post

Well, you know,,, It is a thread about Jesus after all I could not let it go to waste!


Is it?? Oh...I thought it was a thread about BR
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #22 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

Is it?? Oh...I thought it was a thread about BR

Now that you mention it! How could I have forgotten the obvious!!!
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34
Reply
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34
Reply
post #23 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

As someone who is most definitely NOT a fundie, I think your comment is really in bad taste. I also think it is based on some false assumptions. One of these is that people who are Christians and/or just believe in a supreme being don't seek answers and don't seek evidence. There may be some that think the Earth is 6,000 years old, but there are millions more that don't. I'll use myself as an example:

From the wiki entry: According to a Gallup poll in December 2010, around 40% of Americans believe in YEC (Young Earth Creationism), rising to over 50% among Republicans but reducing strongly with level of education (22% of respondents with postgraduate degrees compared with 47% of those with high school or less).

That's scary. Its no wonder so many can be convinced by the most absurd.

"What luck for rulers than men do not think" is a quote applicable to so many aspects of life... mass psychological manipulation control is not limited to merely religious doctrine.
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
post #24 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

From the wiki entry: According to a Gallup poll in December 2010, around 40% of Americans believe in YEC (Young Earth Creationism), rising to over 50% among Republicans but reducing strongly with level of education (22% of respondents with postgraduate degrees compared with 47% of those with high school or less).

That's scary. Its no wonder so many can be convinced by the most absurd.

"What luck for rulers than men do not think" is a quote applicable to so many aspects of life... mass psychological manipulation control is not limited to merely religious doctrine.

I don't think there is any way that poll is accurate. It sounds nuts.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #25 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

I don't think there is any way that poll is accurate. It sounds nuts.

For sure it sounds nuts. But think about how many also believe the equally absurd claims that a man, 2000 years ago, "walked on water", fed 5000 people with a few loaves of bread and a couple of fish, turned "water into wine", and so many other violations of the laws of nature.

From this link:
Quote:
However, the percentage of people in the USA who accept the idea of evolution declined from 45% in 1985, to 40% in 2005. A Gallup poll reported that percentage of people in the US that believe in a strict interpretation of creationism had fallen to 40% in 2010 after a high of 46% in 2006. The highest the percentage has risen between 1982 and 2010 was 47% in 1994 and 2000 according to the report. The report found that Americans who are less educated are more likely to hold a creationist view while those with a college education are more likely to hold a view involving evolution. 47% of those with no more than a high school education believe in creationism while 22% of those with a post graduate education hold that view. The poll also found that church attendance dramatically increased adherence to a strict creationist view (22% for those who do not attend church, 60% for those who attend weekly). The higher percentage of Republicans who identified with a creationist view is described as evidence of the strong relationship between religion and politics the United States. Republicans also attend church weekly more than Democratic or independent voters. Non-Republican voters are twice as likely to hold a strictly scientific view of evolution than Republican voters.

This poll wasn't wasn't the viewpoints of Christians alone; it stated "Americans". If done scientifically, then the number (ratio) of respondents in the poll should have mirrored the proportions of all religious groups, within the whole population. I don't *know* the details of the poll, but it implies that the percentage of Christians with the "Young Earth" belief would be even higher than what Gallup found.
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
post #26 of 61
"In Islam, Jesus (Arabic: عيسى‎ or يسوع, commonly transliterated as Isa or Yasū, respectively) is considered one of God's important prophets, a bringer of scripture, and the product of a virgin birth; but did not experience a crucifixion."
~ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #27 of 61
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellowship View Post

THIS JUST IN!!!!


Shocking VIDEO of BR and another Atheist where by BR and other Atheist are both agreeing that there is no God after BR said he found Jesus!!!!!!! As you can clearly see in the video BR and other atheist are clearly agreeing with each other that there is no God, No Jesus!

I knew it could not be trusted that BR found Jesus!

LOL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJC0FfqRkm4

Fellows

I didn't know you knew Kirk Cameron:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z-OLG0KyR4

Nice mustache though. Good accent, too.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #28 of 61
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

For sure it sounds nuts. But think about how many also believe the equally absurd claims that a man, 2000 years ago, "walked on water", fed 5000 people with a few loaves of bread and a couple of fish, turned "water into wine", and so many other violations of the laws of nature.

From this link:


This poll wasn't wasn't the viewpoints of Christians alone; it stated "Americans". If done scientifically, then the number (ratio) of respondents in the poll should have mirrored the proportions of all religious groups, within the whole population. I don't *know* the details of the poll, but it implies that the percentage of Christians with the "Young Earth" belief would be even higher than what Gallup found.

Now Sammi, that's not fair. The Earth being 6,000 years old...well, sure, that's absurd. But you're ignoring the power of the almighty God for the rest of your lamestream media slandertalk. Jesus died for you. Whether you want to believe it or not. God MAKES the laws of nature so how can he violate them? There's never a miscommunication.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #29 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post


Nice mustache though. Good accent, too.



Funny video I agree... Quite a bit silly. Almost like the same thing in reverse where by people try to argue there is not a God.

God Does not need to proven to exist or proven not to exist.

God Is. So to go one way or the other trying to prove something is really just silly season.

Thanks for the video however. It was over the top.

Fellows
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34
Reply
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34
Reply
post #30 of 61
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellowship View Post



Funny video I agree... Quite a bit silly. Almost like the same thing in reverse where by people try to argue there is not a God.

God Does not need to proven to exist or proven not to exist.

God Is. So to go one way or the other trying to prove something is really just silly season.

Thanks for the video however. It was over the top.

Fellows

Exactly. God transcends proof and evidence. Those self-righteous atheist communist muslims come here with their science and their logic. Always trying to...EXPLAIN things. Why can't they just be satisfied that God's will was done and sometimes it's hard for us to understand what the plan is, but THERE STILL IS A PLAN because I say it IN CAPITAL LETTERS. How dare those unbelievers tell us that it's impossible for Jesus to have walked on water, citing blasphemous things like "surface tension." GOD MADE SURFACE TENSION, so Jesus can damn well crank it up a notch to walk on water when he pleases.

You pinkos just don't get it. Whenever something seems contradictory, outrageous, or just downright demonstrably false, it's YOUR FAULT THAT YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND AND ACCEPT GOD CAN DO ANYTHING.

Get with the program. Get with Jesus.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #31 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Exactly. God transcends proof and evidence. Those self-righteous atheist communist muslims come here with their science and their logic. Always trying to...EXPLAIN things. Why can't they just be satisfied that God's will was done and sometimes it's hard for us to understand what the plan is, but THERE STILL IS A PLAN because I say it IN CAPITAL LETTERS. How dare those unbelievers tell us that it's impossible for Jesus to have walked on water, citing blasphemous things like "surface tension." GOD MADE SURFACE TENSION, so Jesus can damn well crank it up a notch to walk on water when he pleases.

You pinkos just don't get it. Whenever something seems contradictory, outrageous, or just downright demonstrably false, it's YOUR FAULT THAT YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND AND ACCEPT GOD CAN DO ANYTHING.

Get with the program. Get with Jesus.

Sorry to interrupt this broadcast.....this is a pubic service announcement.

Come with me briefly back to 500,000 BC:

Caveman 1: "Look at those monkeys - they seem pretty similar to us...perhaps we are related?"

Caveman 2: "Where's the proof Show me the proof!!!! SHOW ME THE PROOF!!! THERE IS NO FUCKING EVIDENCE YOU FAT WANKER NOW PISS OFF YOU IGNORANT MORON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #32 of 61
What happened to the fun thread?
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #33 of 61
Only PO could ruin a thread posted on this day.
post #34 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post


Get with the program. Get with Jesus.

BR... Come on.

Stick with your atheism and all will be fine for you.

Why are you so bent on bashing Belivers? I don't actually bash you for being an atheist.

Today you started this thread in what I thought was humor and most of us all added some humor of our own.

Then you re-visit the thread and it comes across as though you are one pissed off individual.

It is not my intention that you be pissed off but let me tell you something.

You might not like it that some like myself are believers but you need to learn to live with it dude.

Stop your crying when you live in a country where by you can pursue all that you wish more than you let on.

Live your life and enjoy it dude.

Fellows
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34
Reply
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34
Reply
post #35 of 61
Thread Starter 
I'm only pissed that I hadn't found Jesus sooner. Screw all these atheists. It's like what George HW Bush said 20 years ago: "No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God."

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #36 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

I'm only pissed that I hadn't found Jesus sooner. Screw all these atheists. It's like what George HW Bush said 20 years ago: "No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God."

Who cares what George HW Bush ever said.

Fellows
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34
Reply
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34
Reply
post #37 of 61
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellowship View Post

Who cares what George HW Bush ever said.

Fellows

He was our president good sir. Our president. We are one country under God and the president has a direct line to Him. You should damn well care what he says.


Except for Obama because he's a secret Muslim.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #38 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

He was our president good sir. Our president. We are one country under God and the president has a direct line to Him. You should damn well care what he says.

Can I let you in on a little secret BR and I hope you hear me.

I really don't feel that ANY president of my ENTIRE Lifetime has had my best interests in mind.

They can pretend to be whatever they want. Apple Pie. Drive around in a Chevy, Drink Coke and attend a Baptist Church for all I care. They can kiss babies during photo ops and they can wave as they leave the White House to board their Helicopter but let me assure you.

These people are not you and I.

You need to live your life for you and NOT be offended by every thing you can find that some dimwit said at some point in the past.

Life is more valuable than that BR. Don't waste away your life chasing after things which offend you.

Stand up for what you believe and move on with your life.

Fellows
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34
Reply
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34
Reply
post #39 of 61
Thread Starter 
Sounds like you're not a patriot.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #40 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellowship View Post

You need to live your life for you and NOT be offended by every thing you can find that some dimwit said at some point in the past.

WIse words Fellows - this is what it all boils down to.

I see life a bit like a Day at the Races (not the Marx brothers film....well...maybe a bit) - you bet on your horse.....life is the race and death is the finishing line.

The horses have different names: Christianity, Islam, Atheism, Don't Care, Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll and many hybrids of all.

You just choose your horse.

You can choose based on the colour, how attractive it is, your 'reason', what your pastor told you or for no reason at all except irrationality....stick a pin. YOu can even change horses in midstream.

But we all bet.

And at the finish-line we'll know.

The only thing I don't get and which spoil the enjoyment of the race for me is: when people keep telling me they KNOW their horse will win and they KNOW my choice is a stupid one (not you Fellows).

Nobody knows. We make our choice based on personal experience that is unique to us....and no-one can make that choice for us - those that try to could maybe better focus on their own choices....

If someone tells me my choice is crap I just find it funny.... if I didn't like baiting atheists and conservatives so much I probably would never mention anything like this at all and talk about football instead.
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › I found Jesus