or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Help, I've fallen and can't remember how many countries we are toppling.

Help, I've fallen and can't remember how many countries we are toppling.

post #1 of 10
NYTimes

I've got a problem. I guess I've become too aged because I'm starting to lose track of how many countries in the Middle East we are involved in, how many leaders we are toppling and what state or war/non-war we are in with regard to the many instances this is now occurring.

I apologize to my leftist friends. Apparently when they declared Bush was a moron for going to war in Iraq, they meant he was so dumb he could only conduct one war in one country at a time. Barack Obama is so smart that he can remove rulers from half a dozen countries simultaneously!

I also never realized that having the world "respect" us more was code for "you'll respect us or wake up with a horse head in your bed."

It's good times though. The left is no longer angry or concerned about that whole "anti-war" or "peace" nonsense. Seems like most of them are off riding bikes, traveling or just sharing a pint or two while someone else picks up the tab and cleans up the messes.

Why if you can get a few thousand protesters together and declare yourself to be about democracy, Barack Obama might remove your leader as well. I'm pretty sure the only two places this "doctrine?" hasn't been applied is Wisconsin and Washington D.C. I could be wrong though. I mean, it is getting awfully hard to sort out which leaders Obama has demanded resign and be removed and which he hasn't. It was far easier for me to track his March Madness picks, but then they had those nice brackets as well.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #2 of 10
The ones that have acted stupidly of course.
post #3 of 10
Nick this is not republican or democrat.

This is not Bush or Obama.

This is globalism.

I for one think as I did several years back as well that America overplays our hand when it comes to foreign policy.

Obama is not change we can believe in.

Obama is a fraud.

Bush was too.

Fellows
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34
post #4 of 10
Bush and Obama have both been in serious error about this aspect of foreign policy. Funny thing is, unlike some people on these boards who praised Bush and who are criticizing Obama, I've been consistent with that belief. I believe this is one area in which MJ and I are in agreement.
post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellowship View Post

This is globalism.

I prefer Pax Americana thank you.

Quote:
I for one think as I did several years back as well that America overplays our hand when it comes to foreign policy.

Obama is a fraud.
Bush was too.

Fellows

I do not consider Bush to be at all a fraud. I consider him to have done exactly that which he said he would do. That doesn't mean I agreed with it though. The man ran as a semi-conservative, much like his father. Instead of a thousand points of light, he ran on compassionate conservatism. The first Bush raised taxes in a compromise with Congress and the second created a new drug entitlement.

Whether you agree with it or not, the Bush doctrine essentially took the prior doctrine and replaced communism with terrorism. With regard to confronting communism, we did not seek UN approval. We often acted unilaterally. We were engaged in containment of Communism. Again Bush did this with terrorism and whether you agreed with it or not, it is not a fraud and is comprehensible.

What is not comprehensible is what Obama is doing and it isn't just people who belong to a certain party who are saying this. There is no rhyme or reason to what Obama is having us do.

post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

NYTimes

I've got a problem. I guess I've become too aged because I'm starting to lose track of how many countries in the Middle East we are involved in, how many leaders we are toppling and what state or war/non-war we are in with regard to the many instances this is now occurring.

I apologize to my leftist friends. Apparently when they declared Bush was a moron for going to war in Iraq, they meant he was so dumb he could only conduct one war in one country at a time. Barack Obama is so smart that he can remove rulers from half a dozen countries simultaneously!

I also never realized that having the world "respect" us more was code for "you'll respect us or wake up with a horse head in your bed."

It's good times though. The left is no longer angry or concerned about that whole "anti-war" or "peace" nonsense. Seems like most of them are off riding bikes, traveling or just sharing a pint or two while someone else picks up the tab and cleans up the messes.

Why if you can get a few thousand protesters together and declare yourself to be about democracy, Barack Obama might remove your leader as well. I'm pretty sure the only two places this "doctrine?" hasn't been applied is Wisconsin and Washington D.C. I could be wrong though. I mean, it is getting awfully hard to sort out which leaders Obama has demanded resign and be removed and which he hasn't. It was far easier for me to track his March Madness picks, but then they had those nice brackets as well.

Obama is like a cock roach he is all over the place.He is biting off more than he can chew.The Nobel Peace Prize was a disgrace to the U.S. that Obama never deserved.Look what is happening now in the Middle East the domino effect.
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Bush and Obama have both been in serious error about this aspect of foreign policy. Funny thing is, unlike some people on these boards who praised Bush and who are criticizing Obama, I've been consistent with that belief. I believe this is one area in which MJ and I are in agreement.

I'm more critical of his pompous posturing back when he was running for office then about his actions wrt foreign policy. Turns out being prezzy anit so easy. Although president pompous can wax on about the moral imperative of closing Gitmo in the end the end he was not able to do it. Bush knew that before Obama got started. Although Obama likes the Shroud of UN to cloak his military intervention in the end it's US bombing them. He made himself very busy apologizing for the US before he learned that it wouldn't get him anywhere with anyone that mattered.

Too bad he didn't chill in DC for a few more terms before taking the corner office. Turns out he was "green behind the ears".
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

NYTimes

It's not just Bush or Obama. It's been our M.O. for decades.

"
Quote:
The International Coalition Against Terror is largely a cabal of the richest countries in the world. Between them, they manufacture and sell almost all of the world's weapons, and they possess the largest stockpile of weapons of mass destruction-chemical, biological and nuclear. They have fought the most wars, account for most of the genocide, subjection, ethnic cleansing and human rights violations in modern history, and have sponsored, armed and financed untold numbers of dictators and despots. Between them, they have worshipped, almost deified, the cult of violence and war. For all its appalling sins, the Taliban just isn't in the same league."

Arundhati Roy, author

That's not what I *want* to believe. But to believe in keeping things the way they are is complicity. No wonder we have such a controlled, cherrypicked, selectively censored/self censored media.
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellowship View Post

This is globalism.

Obama is a fraud.

Bush was too.

Fellows

I disagree. Bush was a lot of things, but not a fraud. He made his agenda clear. He wanted to promote freedom and was convinced Saddam had to go. He stood on his convictions despite intense, acerbic personal attacks by the Left and pressure from his own party. Obama, on the other hand, is the grandest fraud of all-time.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

I disagree. Bush was a lot of things, but not a fraud. He made his agenda clear. He wanted to promote freedom and was convinced Saddam had to go. He stood on his convictions despite intense, acerbic personal attacks by the Left and pressure from his own party. Obama, on the other hand, is the grandest fraud of all-time.

Bush and Obama want to "promote freedom" by force.

That is a contradiction.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Help, I've fallen and can't remember how many countries we are toppling.