or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › TeaBaggers Wet Dream Becoming Reality: Government Shutdown?

TeaBaggers Wet Dream Becoming Reality: Government Shutdown? - Page 2

post #41 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

You mean you hope he is. Personally I think it's political suicide. But lets just see what happens shall we. I can be wrong but I don't think so. Not this time. And history would tend to support it. When a party goes to far and causes difficulty for the voter things just don't go too well for that party. Be it Democrat or Republican.

Yes Jimmac, because it was all about quick actions, solutions and being judged on them back in 2008.

Oh wait, back then it was about cycles, cycles, cycles, we can do what we want because elections have consequences and no one can judge what was done because they have to wait for time to pass, the actions to take effect and for clear outcomes to arrive from those actions before any judgement can be undertaken.

You change the letter and suddenly people are being crucified by public opinion before the bill is even signed.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #42 of 50
Quote:

You forgot the part about the Republicans getting the blame for the shut down and having to sit in the back of the bus for awhile.

Whether I forgot about that or not...what difference does it make? You want to argue about D's vs. Rs. I don't really care a lot about that debate. It's nearly meaningless. You actually think there's a substantial difference between them.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

post #43 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Yes Jimmac, because it was all about quick actions, solutions and being judged on them back in 2008.

Oh wait, back then it was about cycles, cycles, cycles, we can do what we want because elections have consequences and no one can judge what was done because they have to wait for time to pass, the actions to take effect and for clear outcomes to arrive from those actions before any judgement can be undertaken.

You change the letter and suddenly people are being crucified by public opinion before the bill is even signed

Quote:

Wrong decade for the reference trumpy but that just shows your level of understanding. MJ understood.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #44 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Whether I forgot about that or not...what difference does it make? You want to argue about D's vs. Rs. I don't really care a lot about that debate. It's nearly meaningless. You actually think there's a substantial difference between them.

The thing is even if we had a third party it would still be made up of wonderfully corruptable people. I've yet to hear from one who has a chance of winning or has all the answers. This would just Complicate matters.

We need to fix what we have.
post #45 of 50
Quote:

You change the letter and suddenly people are being crucified by public opinion before the bill is even signed.

I understand that the government cut 78 billion from certain programs not 37 billion like it was estimated at.Both sides got what they wanted.The poor and middle class got zonked.
post #46 of 50
jimmac, Boehner seems to be getting credit for the deal. Here is an example from Politico.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #47 of 50
Quote:

You forgot the part about the Republicans getting the blame for the shut down and having to sit in the back of the bus for awhile.

Quote:

I forgot about the "cycles" thing! He was OBSESSED with that. It was his answer to everything. Now it's stating the GOP is going to get the blame with absolutely no support for the opinion whatsoever.
post #48 of 50
It sort of does make you wonder if, maybe, Boehner is running for President.

post #49 of 50
Quote:

I doubt it. Interestingly enough, one person that disagrees with this deal is Dick Morris. I usually think his analysis is spot-on, but I think he's wrong on this one. The GOP is going to get credit along with the President, which is far better than a shutdown I think.

Two Morris articles with which I strongly disagree:

Republican Suicide

It's not a deal, it's a sellout.

I'm actually pretty surprised at this analysis. In recent years he's shown to be more of a political observer who happens to be personally conservative as oppose to a conservative political observer. I would have thought he'd see that the GOP would have gotten at least SOME of the blame for a shutdown. I don't know where Morris is getting the list of things that now won't happen because of this deal.

Quote:
Morris:

This concession makes it clear that:

* Obamacare will not be defunded.
* The EPA will not be blocked from regulating carbon.
* The NLRB will not be stopped from forcing an end to secret ballots in union contests.
* Medicaid will not be block granted and turned over to the states.
* Welfare spending will not be cut nor work requirements imposed.
* The FCC will not be stopped from regulating talk radio.

In short, we have accomplished nothing by our hard work in 2010.

Puzzling.
post #50 of 50
Quote:

Obama is like a puppy dog following Boehner around at every command.Pathetic
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › TeaBaggers Wet Dream Becoming Reality: Government Shutdown?