or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › When Will We Just Stop Flying?

When Will We Just Stop Flying? - Page 2

post #41 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

I am not a conspiracy theorist, since I have made no claims about 9/11 regarding the identity of the guilty parties (check all my posts on that subject in the archives here). So ... I am mystified as to what you disagree with me about on 9/11. Yes I have asked a bunch of questions for sure... but are you implying that to ask questions about that subject is now illegitimate? And if so, what and who might be in danger from too much inquiry?

Here's another question addressing one of the numerous aspects of 9/11 which Philip Zelikow (9/11 Commission neocon head honcho) summarily excised from the Committee's agenda: (recall "no stones left unturned").

Shortly before 9/11 ( June 1, 2001), the protocols and procedures for addressing rogue planes were scrapped, rendering commanders in the field stripped of all power to act in such emergencies, the authority being deferred to to the Sec. of Defense (Rumsfeld) to issue the necessary scramble orders. Admiral Fry form the Joint Chiefs signed this order (J-3 CJCSI 3610.01A)

There are an average of some 70+ incidents a year, and prior to 9/11, the protocol had worked perfectly. On 9/11, as we all know, the new protocol failed completely... 3 of the 4 airplanes slammed into their chosen targets, with zero challenge, for an hour and a quarter after it was known ( that a major attack was in progress. On September 12, 2001, the original protocols were restored.

Had the original protocols been in place that morning, the attack would have FAILED. USAF scramble pilots are normally super efficient at dealing with incidents like this, within minutes of notification. Why scrap a proven set of procedures which worked for years (decades), briefly replace it with a protocol that failed completely, and then quietly reinstate the original system? Nobody's asked, or answered this.

No conspiracy theory here, SDW. Just a question, regarding something untoward that happened, as evidenced by an official J-3 document.

I thought you thought it couldn't have been commited without direct US involvement in the planning?

But, yes asking questions is good and the full story should be told, which it clearly hasn't, at least not 100% truthfully.
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

post #42 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

There are ethical and unethical ways to pursue knowledge. Pursue is an action. An object can be amoral but actions have moral consequences.

Yes and attempting to answer this requires action. That action must be moral.

You are talking merely about the conclusions. The actions to get to those conclusions are still subject to morality.

Application and acquiring are not the same.

There have been quite a few tremendous scientific breakthroughs where morality was simply tossed out the window. In the realm of space travel, medicine and better understanding the human body and endurance. Obviously what came out of these exploits have benefitted humanity so the end must justify the means right? Omelets and eggs?

(the above was all morbid sarcasm. I completely agree with trumptman for those who are sarcasm deficient.)
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
post #43 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

I thought you thought it couldn't have been commited without direct US involvement in the planning?

The antics and M.O. of the so-called 9/11 Commission, for those who looked at it, were shocking, re. the extent to which the federal inquiry into the crime of the century was hijacked by the Pentagon, the White House and its executive director. 6 out of the 10 senior commissioners have trashed their own inquiry, including the two co-chairs who admitted "we were set up to fail". The obvious question the follows is, why, exactly, did the Pentagon, Bush White House make sure that the inquiry was so limited, compromised, starved of funding, and 90% of the salient evidence thrown out, courtesy of executive director Zelikow? Even the moniker "Independent Commission" is an outright, Orwellian lie.. this "inquiry" was a classic case of the Gambino clan investigating the Mafia.... a 459 page fraud, a national disgrace.

The sole purpose of 'nobbling' an investigation is to protect people. There is no other conceivable motivation.

Who was being protected here? Al Qaeda operatives?

Quote:
But, yes asking questions is good and the full story should be told, which it clearly hasn't, at least not 100% truthfully.

At the start of any court hearing, the defendants/witnesses are mandated to "tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth". There is a very good reason for this.........

Re. your question: Ask SDW, and the rest of the fake patriots, the phony flag-wavers and those who welcome authoritarianism. They are so content with the maintenance of the status quo that they denounce anyone who challenges their comfort zone.
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
post #44 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

I wonder where a true moral sense of right and wrong comes from.

I'm not surprised you do. You're one of the people the Bible may help. Read it carefully.
post #45 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

I'm not surprised you do. You're one of the people the Bible may help. Read it carefully.

Your sarcasm meter might be broken.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

post #46 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Your sarcasm meter might be broken.

As may yours.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › When Will We Just Stop Flying?