or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Cisco kills its Apple competitors Flip, Eos, Umi to focus on networking

Cisco kills its Apple competitors Flip, Eos, Umi to focus on networking - Page 2

post #41 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

I disagree. We're a LONG way away from the time that any phone is going to take pictures of good enough quality to replace even a mid-range point-and-shoot.[...]Phones are great for quick photos. But if you want photos that will become permanent memories, you probably want something significantly better than a phone

The best camera is the one I have with me. My iPhone is always with me. It wins.

Quote:
Personally, I love my ultra zoom.

Personally I love my Canon EOS 40D with my F2.8 lenses - but I don't always have it with me. Sure, I can take a technically superior picture with it, but if I don't capture it at all the relative merits of the iPhone vs. my 40D are pretty much irrelevant.
post #42 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

I kinda find that scary.

What I find scary is that all the companies in the various industries that are clueless to the point that Apple can pretty much waltz in and take over.

I don't see it as a problem of Apple taking over, but everyone else sucking so bad that Apple can pretty much take over.

And in that context, that there is at least one company out there like Apple pushing the envelope is a great thing for all of us - whether you like them or not, we all benefit.
post #43 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

I disagree. We're a LONG way away from the time that any phone is going to take pictures of good enough quality to replace even a mid-range point-and-shoot.

I disagree to an extent. I have a mid-range point-and-shoot and while it affords more flexibility in shooting, the best pictures I have taken with my iPhone 4 are just as good as the best taken with my Canon. The difference in the quality of my everyday shooting seems insignificant to me compared to the inconvenience of carrying both devices. My Canon gathers dust. So I would argue that we're not a "LONG" way from the time you refer to. We're almost there.

http://gallery.me.com/roberthuber#100936

Taken in Colombia two weeks ago in a tropical area near the Cauca River just north of Medellin. Used my iPhone 4, hand held. No editing to file. Have you used the 4 for pictures? It's a giant leap forward from the 3GS.
A.k.a. AppleHead on other forums.
A.k.a. AppleHead on other forums.
post #44 of 44
I don't think cisco is actually killing UMI, they are about to release a second product in that space, targeted at homes/consumer but it will fully integrate with the business systems. This was already announced.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Cisco kills its Apple competitors Flip, Eos, Umi to focus on networking