or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Suppliers believe Apple could ship 45 million iPads in 2011

Suppliers believe Apple could ship 45 million iPads in 2011 - Page 2

post #41 of 42
For iPad 2 Apple is probably producing between 2 and 3 million a month. So for calendar Q1 we are probably going to see 2 to 3 million sold in March alone. I don't think they've hit the 3 million per month mark yet.

But given that for the first half of the year many countries are still being supplied with iPad 1 (and are desperately waiting for iPad 2), I think the TOTAL iPads sold in calendar 2011 should be past 36 million as Apple ramps past 3 million a month of iPad 2 towards the end of 2011. 40 million is possible but 50 million is too much to produce in 2011 especially with the Japan factor.

Some days I cannot imagine that here we have a PC (yes the iPad is a PC) that has been consistently outselling the Mac for about year now.

The new gold rush is iPad apps development but there is not enough knowledge transfer taking place in the world with everyone previously so entrenched in iPhone and Android development... There is even not enough knowledge transfer with iPhone and Android development itself hence Google I/O and WWDC 2011 selling out insanely fast.
post #42 of 42
Now, the other thing is that Apple has been throwing around the 65,000 apps for iPad number for several months now. I think it has probably gone up past 80,000 and may be approaching 100,000 by middle of the year, depending on approval rates. There are quite a number of Malaysian made apps for example, I've met the developers, and while it's a good start they aren't anywhere yet near the quality of the featured US/UK top apps.

I'm rambling a bit but what I'm trying to say is we should be at the 80,000 apps for iPad mark. But as though the number of apps really matters... We need more info on what people are using, how they are finding them and how much time they spend purchasing, using and pirating apps for iPad.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Suppliers believe Apple could ship 45 million iPads in 2011