or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Android fans accuse Apple of copying Samsung first

Android fans accuse Apple of copying Samsung first - Page 5

post #161 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidDomination View Post

Yeah.. typical Apple bullshit.. when you start revealing garbage about Apple or stuff doesn't work.. don't get upset..it's only electronics.. it's not important..

IT IS IMPORTANT because our lives are increasingly depending on technology and money we spend goes somewhere.. Of course it's important.

No I"m not a kid.
I am a creative director with 2 design degrees and one of my main topics was contemporary design during the studies.. on top of that, i have worked for Fortune 500 companies.. among which some things for Apple believe it or not.

My facts are not skewed.. they are truth.. they are only skewed from the perspective of those who try to defend Apple.. I've personally talked to many people who were involved in technology and what was happening during that time.

I'm not upset at all.. I'm actually very calm.. I just really dislike the BS coming from Apple and PR shills and so on trying to defend them.

Other than that..I'm fine thanks. I would say Apple fans are mad and upset because Apple stuff and market-share are going back to insignificance just like it did with desktops and WIndows.

Apple fans are CLEARLY happy. It is idiots like you that troll an Apple site, mind you, to "get off" by stirring up some Apple lovers/users. How pathetic!!
post #162 of 304
I’d think that anyone that uses a modern smartphone would be happy with Apple’s entry into the market for waking it up. But I guess it’s like Flash, instead of being glad Adobe finally got off their ass some people are just upset that Apple pointed out how horrible it really was.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
post #163 of 304
AndroidDomination (and his/her angst) providing a barrel of laughs.
"We're Apple. We don't wear suits. We don't even own suits."
"We're Apple. We don't wear suits. We don't even own suits."
post #164 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetry View Post

So your criticisms of Apple products and software are clear enough, but where does the extreme anger towards Jobs come from? It sounds personal.

No it's not personal.. I guess I'm passionate about things and I hate when someone is glorified when his actions in life don't simply deserve that..

I can appreciate Steve Jobs for what he is.. a money making machine, a control obsessed anal professional who has insane attention to detail..

As a business man he's something to be admired and I'm sure his investors just love him.. but on a level of where we are going, what precedents he has set in technology world, how he behaved to people who have helped him or in some part contributed to where he got, makes me really dislike him.

But it's not just him.. I would dislike any person like that.. it's just that he has influence over some of the things that are important in our lives by whether we like it or not because he has built this marketing machinery to work in his favor and it's really a brainwashing machine. Not to mention the notions he created where people who buy Apple products for the most part think that Android users are poor, idiots, pathetic and that Apple users are higher class.

It is the same tactic he has done with Windows users.

I dislike that immensely.
post #165 of 304
post #166 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Id think that anyone that uses a modern smartphone would be happy with Apples entry into the market for waking it up. But I guess its like Flash, instead of being glad Adobe finally got off their ass some people are just upset that Apple pointed out how horrible it really was.

And with this I can agree..

If Apple is good for anything is waking up competition.. you have a great point there.. no denying it.
post #167 of 304
Quote:

No it's not personal.. I guess I'm passionate about things and I hate when someone is glorified when his actions in life don't simply deserve that..

I can appreciate Steve Jobs for what he is.. a money making machine, a control obsessed anal professional who has insane attention to detail..

As a business man he's something to be admired and I'm sure his investors just love him.. but on a level of where we are going, what precedents he has set in technology world, how he behaved to people who have helped him or in some part contributed to where he got, makes me really dislike him.

But it's not just him.. I would dislike any person like that.. it's just that he has influence over some of the things that are important in our lives by whether we like it or not because he has built this marketing machinery to work in his favor and it's really a brainwashing machine. Not to mention the notions he created where people who buy Apple products for the most part think that Android users are poor, idiots, pathetic and that Apple users are higher class.

You just got canned from your job, and your bosses were micro-managers, you worked on windows desktops and your supervisors wanted to incorporate Macs and iOS devices into the workforce and you did not have a f'ing clue how to do it so you got fired. So now you pissed at Steve Jobs and Apple for taking your job and you hate corporate America because its 'Just not fair" Boo Hoo. Am I right? Good reddens pal I am going watch a movie on my APPLE TV, ya heard? APPLE F'ING TV!! Does that make you cringe?LOL
post #168 of 304
Quote:

I would dislike that too, but I think you may be over-generalizing. It is not my experience that Apple users look down on Android users. The abusive opinions are limited to a tiny minority who spend too much time posting, and they exist on both sides of the argument. Most people seem to be just happy with what they have and are pleased that the competition is driving so much innovation and progress.
post #169 of 304
post #170 of 304
Quote:

This is a reasonable post, even if I disagree with your stance against Apple and Jobs.

The fallacy with your comment is that youre choosing a famous figure to direct all these personal feelings but you cant exclude anyone at Google or at companies in which you buy products as being just as bad or worse (based on your criteria), the difference is they dont have the fame associated with their name.

It seems a poor decision to single out Jobs for his rockstar status in this industry for any potential misdeeds. There are no good guys, there are no bad guys, there are just capitalists and they are all vying for your money.

One should never hold a allegiance to a company because they sold you their wares and one should never expect a company owes you for buying their wares.
post #171 of 304
Quote:

LOL..Apple fanboys and PR shills are strong at it..

Droidouche, did you read an analysis from a lawyer about this matter?

http://thisismynext.com/2011/04/19/a...sung-analysis/
Fun and relaxing way to prepare Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) test with Juku Apps
Fun and relaxing way to prepare Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) test with Juku Apps
post #172 of 304
Kudos for making 5 pages of comments and countless ad clicks based on other forums' posts.
post #173 of 304
AndroidDomination --> Ignore List.

Time to take out the trash..
post #174 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetry View Post

I would dislike that too, but I think you may be over-generalizing. It is not my experience that Apple users look down on Android users. The abusive opinions are limited to a tiny minority who spend to much time posting, and they exist on both sides of the argument. Most people seem to be just happy with what they have and are pleased that the competition is driving so much innovation and progress.

I guess being in the tech blog world it's really questionable how tiny that audience really is my man.

Believe it or not I have a ton of Appel stuff here .. I have a Mac Pro, iPhone, iPad but I also have Android stuff, PC stuff.. doesn't matter what I do.. i have it all as I need to have access to all platforms..

Even though you might be right.. majority of regular people using this or that are oblivious and have no real opinions on the topic..

But the reality is that Apple themselves fuel this behavior.. their marketing efforts, Jobs' addresses to the public and his letters overall.. the commercials..

They fuel this notion.. it's not necessarily the users.. you see what I"m saying? This is what I dislike..

Jobs know the crucial ideas of how to maintain the illusion of superiority:

1. Make sure your design is great (this part is not illusion per-se)
2. Make sure you always hide your flaws, always DENY DENY DENY
3. Have insanely developed marketing/PR machinery among blogs, publications, magazines who will continually buzz about the superiority of your products and put down everyone else.
4. Pair 2+3 and you can now make commercials where you will make fun of everyone else and indirectly everyone using those products.

I guess this is where the hate really comes from..

If Apple was just doing their thing.. not taking a dump on everyone.. not make a fuzz in media about everything and have people constantly spit on Google and Android etc and competition..

Nobody would care.. I wouldn't have any issues with that.. you have products and services, you make killer products.. you don't need to spit on anyone else.. just do your thing..

But I've genuinely notice that they are becoming worse and worse as their marketing share is slipping and Android is growing for example.. and this marketing approach is intensifying..

This, I think is my primary reason for disliking them..

Believe it or not.. after everything I wrote, and how I dislike their business tactics, I really think they do make great products overall.. but I'll start really liking them when they change the way they present themselves on the market and without insulting/demeaning others.
post #175 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by sennen View Post

AndroidDomination (and his/her angst) providing a barrel of laughs.

I'd like to know what AndroidTrollmination's thoughts are about Thomas Edison. He must not be deserved of any credit for his inventions/innovations since the original ideas for so many of his devices were "stolen" also.

Why does Apple bashing and trolling make people feel so good?

Why does Apple bashing and trolling make people feel so good?

post #176 of 304
Quote:

I guess being in the tech blog world it's really questionable how tiny that audience really is my man.

Believe it or not I have a ton of Appel stuff here .. I have a Mac Pro, iPhone, iPad but I also have Android stuff, PC stuff.. doesn't matter what I do.. i have it all as I need to have access to all platforms..

Even though you might be right.. majority of regular people using this or that are oblivious and have no real opinions on the topic..

But the reality is that Apple themselves fuel this behavior.. their marketing efforts, Jobs' addresses to the public and his letters overall.. the commercials..

They fuel this notion.. it's not necessarily the users.. you see what I"m saying? This is what I dislike..

3. Have insanely developed marketing/PR machinery among blogs, publications, magazines who will continually buzz about the superiority of your products and put down everyone else.
4. Pair 2+3 and you can now make commercials where you will make fun of everyone else and indirectly everyone using those products.

If Apple was just doing their thing.. not taking a dump on everyone.. not make a fuzz in media about everything and have people constantly spit on Google and Android etc and competition..

Nobody would care.. I wouldn't have any issues with that.. you have products and services, you make killer products.. you don't need to spit on anyone else.. just do your thing..

But I've genuinely notice that they are becoming worse and worse as their marketing share is slipping and Android is growing for example.. and this marketing approach is intensifying..

Believe it or not.. after everything I wrote, and how I dislike their business tactics, I really think they do make great products overall.. but I'll start really liking them when they change the way they present themselves on the market and without insulting/demeaning others.

OK - it seems like what many people see as a shrewd and effective marketing style is what you are really offended by, and probably you are not alone. But Apple would likely make the argument that it is just good business. Is it really that bad?
post #177 of 304
Quote:

Bro relax, really to you this is personal on a huge scale. Apple is a public company that has a following no different than BMW, Harley Davison, Porsche,etc. Many tech companies would love to have the "name brand" recognition that Apple has. Is that Apple, or better yet Steve Jobs fault? And yet they still innovate! You clearly said that Apple is a "good and innovative" company to some degree, yet you fail to realize that Apple was almost non-existant in the late 90's before Steve Job's return. When Steve Job's went back to Apple, he said that Apple was is deep shit (no quotes), but (do quote me here) Apple had two things: the engineers at "Apple bleed six colors and Apple has the name brand". Sorry buddy but YES name brand sometimes is EVERYTHING! And I admire Apple for standing behind that name brand and it is nice to see that one of the most innovative tech companies out there is an American Company (forget where it is made because EVER F'ING thin is made in China) on the Stack Market!
post #178 of 304
Quote:

Steve Wozniak made the first usable PC.. not Steve Jobs.. Wozniak is 100% responsible for that and was in the long run pushed aside like he was nothing to Jobs.

as far as GUI goes..stolen after first visit to Xerox

Failure and bad design - never took off. Most likely because they didn't have anyone to copy at that time like they did Xerox.

Stolen from Creative -Apple lost and paid Creative 100 million dollars.

Riddled with worst DRM and only tied to one product.

How is this progress i don't know - the service is awful and itunes is garbage that runs like shit and prevents you from using your content anywhere or on anything but apple devices. No progress here but 100% big brother crap and control.

If you want to talk progress.. Amazon is the one who brought progress.. first introduced DRM free music you enjoy today.. Apple got their ass handed to them and were forced to kill DRM.. if it was Apple's way, you would still be limited on playing your iTunes music on Apple devices only.

Stolen - touch screens and internet existed prior to iphone - apple just polished the device and used the finger instead of stylus - btw, go check what the most sold accessory for ipad, iphone is beside covers - stylus pen.

As for iOS.. purely subjective opinion.. Android is lightyears ahead of iOS in almost every aspect.. more versatile screens that fit apps/widget directly on the homescreen, customization, fantastic notification system, real multitasking and not some freezing app crap and only 7 APIs working etc etc.. iOS hasn't changed in 4 years.. it's stale, slow, ineffective and still has the worst and most pathetic notification system on any phone.

Google brought us true free and best OS on the market.. Android.. it's free, open and not really controlled by one company.. YOu need to learn to differentiate Android and Google's Services when you spit on Google.. one has very little to do with Android's openness. Google's services are not necessarily open source. Android is.

Hardly a progress from Apple side.. another attempt at control and anti-competitive behavior. You don't have to look further.. Apple doesn't allow you to do any 3rd party APIs, advertising networks, Flash or any other web technologies that can endanger their app store, so they force you to give them money.. not only consumers but service providers too.. it's a step back in technology not forward.. with that model you would never have stuff like YouTube and similar.

LOL..stolen concept - tablet pcs with touchscreens existed prior to apple - apple didn"t invent shit - and ipad is just a blown up iphone, nothing else and will be raped again just like Android raped iPhone.

I Have no respect for that crook, scam and a pathetic human being who wouldn't even admit he had a daughter when he KNEW without a shadow of the doubt she was his.. To this day. He screw everyone who helped him get where he was.. HE DESERVES ZERO RESPECT. Plus he is a real criminal.. committed fraud with stocks but due to his star status never arrested like Martha Stewart.

I wouldn't want to be him if they paid me money because there's nothing great about him. .the man is a control freak, obsessed with greed and disrespectful to everyone around him. I was taught morals and ethics.. he has none.

No thanks.

The only positive thing about him is that in that control freak nature he makes sure that Apple products are designed with utmost attention to detail... But in design sense I give my props to Jonathan Ive not Jobs.

Jeez...how much disinformation is it possible to pack into a single post? Ignoring the fact that the only reason there is any DRM-free music available online today is Steve Jobs' relentless and ultimately successful battle with the record labels to make it happen....

Referring to the bolded part: What daughter would that be? The one he named the Apple "Lisa" after? The one whose birthdate my Mac's clock reverts to whenever there's a particularly abrupt power outage? That daughter? If the rest of your knowledge is at the same level as that little tidbit, I think we know how to evaluate it.
post #179 of 304
Ha ha, regardless of who came first it's incredible that someone thinks the phones are similar.
It's absolutely clear that the icons and annotations on the icons of the iPhone are in another class.
Anyone who thinks this is similar must lack all aesthetic feeling and be a complete nerd.

J.
post #180 of 304
Quote:

One should never hold a allegiance to a company because they sold you their wares and one should never expect a company owes you for buying their wares.

Why not? Did you find out this 'mantra' yourself?
It only shows your world view is seriously lacking.

J.
post #181 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickprinter View Post

I'd like to know what AndroidTrollmination's thoughts are about Thomas Edison. He must not be deserved of any credit for his inventions/innovations since the original ideas for so many of his devices were "stolen" also.

Talk about a capitalist. Edison seems to not give a damn about science or progress, just his money and fame. Talk about ruthless and anti-competitive, but such is life.

As I recall he hired the brilliant Nicola Tesla to improve on DC current and then refused to pay him. He spent his life trying to ruin Teslas accomplishments at every turn simply because of jealousy.

I also seem to recall that Tesla was hired to install light bulbs in London but Edison refused to sell/license the technology because Tesla was working on it. Instead, Tesla had to design a new system that worked around Edisons patents which alone sounds like a stressful endeavor. The result was the current screw bulb with the screw as the one contact and the bottom as the second. I think it was cheaper to make and easier to install.

(some or all of this could be wrong but that is how I remember it).
post #182 of 304
Quote:

Oh my.

Where is the proof of the way it looked in 2006?

How does this save Samsung from any other part of the suit?

How did you come to the conclusion that the iPhone was rushed to beat the Samsung F700 to a demo off?

Where is the proof of the F700 being released before the iPhone in June 2007?

My guess would be that it looked entirely different in 2006 and someone in Samsung manufacturing "shared" with their brethren and Samsung started redesigning the phone well before the iPhone announcement.

This is not a tremendous logical leap...
post #183 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnjnjn View Post

Ha ha, regardless of who came first it's incredible that someone thinks the phones are similar.
It's absolutely clear that the icons and annotations on the icons of the iPhone are in another class.
Anyone who thinks this is similar must lack all aesthetic feeling and be a complete nerd.

J.

A lot of the most vocal fandroids, linux geeks, and freetards are autistic to one degree or another. This has been my observation, both in real life and on the internet. Pointing out superiority in aesthetics, ergonomics, or ease-of-use just infuriates them, so there's no point in doing it. They can't perceive these differences, and hearing people talk about these subtleties they're blind to all their lives has driven them straight off the deep end. Now the internet gives them a perfect platform to spew their hatred of perceptions and sensitivities they can't understand. They think you're just making up shit to make them feel inferior. AndroidDomination just said as much.

I guess you have to sympathize with them to some extent. Suppose you were colorblind, and everything in the world was color-coded like resistors used to be.
post #184 of 304
Quote:

J.

Explain to me why you think otherwise.
post #185 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Apple: suing someone you stole the design from to being [sic] with," and portrays an early Samsung phone with a black front, rounded corners and grid of icons, all elements of the complaint by Apple which claims infringement upon its iPhone design by various Samsung products.

Oh Jeeez-uz f***ing H Cripes. Really. I mean REALLY??? It's black and has rounded corners makes for a law suit? Oh wait... it has icons too. This reminds me of the original Mac & Windows debacle... Apple had a nicer user interface and... well everyone knows what happened there.

I mean... f^&*.... Just WTF.....
post #186 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by mplaisance View Post

Bro relax, really to you this is personal on a huge scale. Apple is a public company that has a following no different than BMW, Harley Davison, Porsche,etc. Many tech companies would love to have the "name brand" recognition that Apple has. Is that Apple, or better yet Steve Jobs fault? And yet they still innovate! You clearly said that Apple is a "good and innovative" company to some degree, yet you fail to realize that Apple was almost non-existant in the late 90's before Steve Job's return. When Steve Job's went back to Apple, he said that Apple was is deep shit (no quotes), but (do quote me here) Apple had two things: the engineers at "Apple bleed six colors and Apple has the name brand". Sorry buddy but YES name brand sometimes is EVERYTHING! And I admire Apple for standing behind that name brand and it is nice to see that one of the most innovative tech companies out there is an American Company (forget where it is made because EVER F'ING thin is made in China) on the Stack Market!

Yes.. but here's the difference..

BMW, Harley Davidson, Porsche.. they dont' go around making ads where they mock everyone driving a Honda Accord or Chevy Camaro or Mercedes.

Do you see what I"m saying.. this is what leaves a bitter taste in people's mouth..
There's only Apple and then everyone else and if you are really using Windows, or an Android phone or whatever, you are really inferior..

This is their approach.

I don't take it really personally because I probably make more money than 80% of America and have a lot of Apple devices.. but it just leaves a bad taste..

And it works for them.. without a doubt..

As I noted.. if they just kept their mouth shut, made killer products and did their thing without talking down everyone, I don't think there wouldn't be so many people hating on them..

And you know what, ultimately this is one of the things that will hurt them in the long run..

It's like saying.. the guys who make a million dollars a year are better people then those making $50k a year.. It's just stupid, no?
post #187 of 304
Quote:

This is a reasonable post, even if I disagree with your stance against Apple and Jobs.

The fallacy with your comment is that youre choosing a famous figure to direct all these personal feelings but you cant exclude anyone at Google or at companies in which you buy products as being just as bad or worse (based on your criteria), the difference is they dont have the fame associated with their name.

It seems a poor decision to single out Jobs for his rockstar status in this industry for any potential misdeeds. There are no good guys, there are no bad guys, there are just capitalists and they are all vying for your money.

But you see.. let's analyze in reality Google ok..

Google has done more good so far.. in good I mean accessible, free, open stuff for everyone than any other company..

I don't know if anyone can disagree there?

They are improving america's broadband infrastructure (some for it's own benefit but of course it's the benefit for rural areas)
They have created an open source mobile OS that even though needs a bit more iOS like polish, is still definitely more functional and customizable.
They have created numerous free services (yes fueled by ads but it has be paid somehow)
They are pushing open source stuff on the web like HTML5 and so on more then anyone else.. Apple does too but for different reasons.
They have literally bought a VP8 codec and gave it away so the web can have a royalty-free and open codec.. They don't benefit there at all..
They do understand that even though HTML5 is great and should be improved and evolved, Flash is something we really need as well at least until it's functionalities are completely compensated by open source tools. Until then there's space for both.

What they do commercially and as any other corporation but those are Google premier services as well as search, maps and so on they license to mobile carries and all those who want to use them with Android.. Nothing evil there.. it's their product but Android still remains free..

They do search and advertising.. we get it.. but the thing is.. advertising free model is not bad.. those who want to pay stuff can minimize or take out those advertisements.

It is a bit concerning that they have access to a lot of information but to be honest, this is the reality of our every day online life with any company.. The thing is at least we can opt out with some things from Google.

Did they have mistakes.. sure, the scanning of Wifi networks.. the premature release of Honeycomb and waiting to release the code until they really kind of polish it up..

But that's not really evil.. I mean, I am looking at Google.. and if they start acting like Apple i will start criticizing them and stop using their services but I just don't see it now.

I can't remember when Apple did something great for all of us.. helped with Webkit? That's the only thing I can remember.

Feel free to pitch in.
post #188 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menno View Post

This image would most likely have faded out of the limelight as quickly as it appeared, but thanks to the article here, it most likely won't.

Eh. I don't think that's very likely. I'd imagine the more compelling (and factual) objections to Apple's lawsuit will get attention, but ultimately these lawsuits are so numerous I don't see typical consumers taking much interest in any of them; this one or the others.

Which, unfortunately, says a bit about the state of business in America (and elsewhere). You can't produce anything anymore without stepping on a (strategic) patent or two. Sort of depressing, if you think about it for more than a few seconds...

I don't know who to root for anymore, since all the underdogs have been bought out. I guess I'm not rooting for anyone. Although I do want the iPhone 5 to suck, since I'm under contract, and the iPhone 6 to be "magical", since I won't be then.
post #189 of 304
Quote:

Google has done more good so far.. in good I mean accessible, free, open stuff for everyone than any other company..

I don’t know anyone can say that. What basis are you using to quantify it?

I have no idea who has done more, but Apple’s list seems pretty damn long to me.

http://www.apple.com/opensource/ Let’s take WebKit. I think it’s installed on more shipping products now than any other browser. it’s efficient and open source because Apple choose to do so, but there is nothing altruistic about it. It was a method to legitimize the engine for their own financial end the same Google uses “free” and quasi-“open source” products to get you click ads which make them money.
post #190 of 304
Quote:

BMW, Harley Davidson, Porsche.. they dont' go around making ads where they mock everyone driving a Honda Accord or Chevy Camaro or Mercedes.

Do you see what I"m saying.. this is what leaves a bitter taste in people's mouth..
There's only Apple and then everyone else and if you are really using Windows, or an Android phone or whatever, you are really inferior..

This is their approach.

I don't take it really personally because I probably make more money than 80% of America and have a lot of Apple devices.. but it just leaves a bad taste..

As I noted.. if they just kept their mouth shut, made killer products and did their thing without talking down everyone, I don't think there wouldn't be so many people hating on them..

And you know what, ultimately this is one of the things that will hurt them in the long run..

It's like saying.. the guys who make a million dollars a year are better people then those making $50k a year.. It's just stupid, no?

Little extreme to say people hate Apple when clearly they selling a shit load of hardware and products but the ones who hate, hate just for the love of hating. I guess sometime some people think it's cool to "hate" what's popular
post #191 of 304
Quote:

Little extreme to say people hate Apple when clearly they selling a shit load of hardware and products but the ones who hate, hate just for the love of hating. I guess sometime some people think it's cool to "hate" what's popular

Maybe Apple fans have Stockholm Syndrom or is that what caused me to spend 20 minutes in the IKEA bathroom last week after eating too many meatballs.
post #192 of 304
Quote:

They are improving america's broadband infrastructure (some for it's own benefit but of course it's the benefit for rural areas)
They have created an open source mobile OS that even though needs a bit more iOS like polish, is still definitely more functional and customizable.
They have created numerous free services (yes fueled by ads but it has be paid somehow)
They are pushing open source stuff on the web like HTML5 and so on more then anyone else.. Apple does too but for different reasons.
They have literally bought a VP8 codec and gave it away so the web can have a royalty-free and open codec.. They don't benefit there at all..
They do understand that even though HTML5 is great and should be improved and evolved, Flash is something we really need as well at least until it's functionalities are completely compensated by open source tools. Until then there's space for both.

What they do commercially and as any other corporation but those are Google premier services as well as search, maps and so on they license to mobile carries and all those who want to use them with Android.. Nothing evil there.. it's their product but Android still remains free..

They do search and advertising.. we get it.. but the thing is.. advertising free model is not bad.. those who want to pay stuff can minimize or take out those advertisements.

It is a bit concerning that they have access to a lot of information but to be honest, this is the reality of our every day online life with any company.. The thing is at least we can opt out with some things from Google.

Did they have mistakes.. sure, the scanning of Wifi networks.. the premature release of Honeycomb and waiting to release the code until they really kind of polish it up..

But that's not really evil.. I mean, I am looking at Google.. and if they start acting like Apple i will start criticizing them and stop using their services but I just don't see it now.

I can't remember when Apple did something great for all of us.. helped with Webkit? That's the only thing I can remember.

Feel free to pitch in.

Apple has done plenty good in innovation. Your just to blind to to see with hate. You think Googles ultimate goal ( to make money for its investors) any different than Appke's? Please, are you that ignorant?
post #193 of 304
Quote:

It seems a poor decision to single out Jobs for his “rockstar” status in this industry for any potential misdeeds. There are no good guys, there are no bad guys, there are just capitalists and they are all vying for your money.

Quote:

I wouldn't call solipsisms' comment about allegiance a "mantra"... but it is a very rational and pragmatic view concerning capitalism... buyer beware and all. Corporations have zero feelings. They may have the rights of a human these days... but not feelings or values. A corporation is little more than some documents giving it legal existence, and the accounting ledger. The ledger cares only about being in the black; and in a publicly traded company no matter how far into the black you are, it isn't enough. When you really get down to it, a company has ZERO allegiance to it's customers. Employees may feel differently, but they work for the company, even the CEO.

A company doesn't even have allegiance to it's own staff. The best example I can think of is HP. There was the HP Way in the old days under Dave & Bill... but the market changed, new management came in, and the HP Way went in the trash.
post #194 of 304
Quote:

This is their approach.

Sure they do every company try's to show it's superiority. Lol it's called competition. Trying to make your product look/seem better than the competition. Ex the motorola ad directly mocking the 1984 Mac commercial, showing Apple users as drones. I guess because your an android fan that's ok? Please buddy take your argument somewhere else. I am getting tired of your shit and non-sense! And you tout how Apple users think they are superior yet you brag how you make more than 80 percent than the American population.
post #195 of 304
Quote:

Apple has done plenty good in innovation. Your just to blind to to see with hate. You think Googles ultimate goal ( to make money for its investors) any different than Appke's? Please, are you that ignorant?

The goals & idealism of the founders & management of the companies is fairly different, or so it seems. Apple has always been more about great technology in terms of user experience. Google has been more about making information & knowledge available to everyone on the planet so they can help themselves and improve the human condition.

Capitalism is slowly suffocating that idealism over at Google. It'll take time...
post #196 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomjones View Post

This lawsuit by Apple is unsustainable. What they mean by look and feel? Most electronic devices look alike. Beside, you must expect Asian competitors to get access to your components if you are building them in their countries. http://www.digitalundivide.com

This is exactly why I like to see this lawsuit win. I get upset to see the Asian market copy and sell for less or what have you in the American market. Yes much of it is our fault for sending manufacturing overseas. I would love to see the day when American products are both designed and made in America.
post #197 of 304
Quote:

The "article" clearly points out that the phone was shown a MONTH after the initial iphone announcement, and that Samsung was working on a new phone in 2006 (though no images were given at that time).

Do you honestly think a company can rework an entire phone design and UI in a MONTH? Tweak it, maybe. but build it from scratch?

<clip>

No. They can't. And that's why this lawsuit is just a way to get Samsung to declare exactly "how" were they able to design a user interface that is an almost exact copy of Apple's.

Samsung had to be designing this interface with an OS in mind... and it was most likely, as it turned out to be in the end, Google's Ad-Droid. Which also means they were involved in engineering meetings, where Google obviously showed them what was on the way with Ad-Droid... and possible sneak-peeked what Apple was doing thanks to Eric Schmidt.

Another possibility is that since Samsung was going to be producing certain parts for the iPhone, there very well could have been some "design leakage" and cross-info-posting to other divisions, as in, "uh... hey guys... you gotta take a look at this!".

Regardless, I think Apple is going after Google and Eric Schmidt, and are on a fact finding mission before dropping the bomb on them. The combination of Oracle's and (eventually) Apple's lawsuit will begin the demise of Ad-Droid development by Google.

BTW: don't forget the high-level talks a few months ago with MS possibly bringing Bing and other services to the iPhone natively rather than just an app. And as the saying goes, "history repeats itself", I've been waiting for MS to announce iOS Office Apps any day now with Apple's um... blessing.

MS-Apple "frenemy" tag-team match against Google. "Do no evil"...indeed! Google has already shown itself to be capable of some pretty evil deeds.

I personally find it rather devious that they have "stroked" the "open-source" geeks egos, and manufacturers without-a-clue, to get them to defend Google's actions and ultimate strategy: sell & show more ads.

To the "Ad-Droid Rulez" crowd: you guys are being sooo manipulated, used, and abused... and you will be left behind. Cannon-fodder comes to mind. How sad.
Knowing what you are talking about would help you understand why you are so wrong. By "Realistic" - AI Forum Member
Knowing what you are talking about would help you understand why you are so wrong. By "Realistic" - AI Forum Member
post #198 of 304
Quote:

..., Samsung reworked their tablet, but they started with an already existing product (the first version of the 10.1) and tweaked it. That's a far cry from designing an entirely new phone + UI ...

Right. It is easy to quickly come up with a mockup of a featureless (no more buttons, just a screen) phone front with a few icons on the display (just like those stickers on kids' playphones). But that's just vaporware, with the software to be "designed" in much later. Now they're whining they had everything first.
post #199 of 304
To the guy(s) calling SJ a "whiny bitch":
Let me come over and steal your "significant others" charms, and we'll see who's the whiny one. You seem to forget that the passion, obsession, and "it's-my-baby" protection that SJ shows towards his and Apple's products, is why they "just work", and are as successful as they are.

SJ was literally stabbed in the back once as we all know = shame on him for being so naive;

SJ is consumed and enraged that it has happened again, this time with Eric Schmidt/Google = shame on you for thinking he's gonna stand back and take it this time while "his baby" get's molested. I know I'd go after the _________!
post #200 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker275 View Post

The goals & idealism of the founders & management of the companies is fairly different, or so it seems. Apple has always been more about great technology in terms of user experience. Google has been more about making information & knowledge available to everyone on the planet so they can help themselves and improve the human condition.

Capitalism is slowly suffocating that idealism over at Google. It'll take time...

Exhibit A: in regards to my post above how Google is manipulating it's admirers.

Jeez buddy... I don't know what to say other than, "get a F'ing clue" SOON!
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Android fans accuse Apple of copying Samsung first