or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Android fans accuse Apple of copying Samsung first
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Android fans accuse Apple of copying Samsung first - Page 6

post #201 of 304
With all due respect to samsung and samsung fanboys i would like to say that this is by far the most terrible joke i've ever heard in a really long time! I mean even a blind person would be able to say that apple had already come out with 3 versions of the apple iphone way before the first samsung galaxyS (iphone 3gS's carbon copy) running Samsung touchwiz UI (an interface that strikingly resembles iOS) came out!

Samsung copied the galaxy tab 10.1 from ipad1 and as soon as apple launched the ipad2, they went ahead and revamped the galaxy tab 10.1 and copied the ipad2 by doing so. Samsung did the same thing with the galaxy 5.0 which is just like apple's ipod touch, an iphone without the phone part, a galaxy S which cannot make phone calls. Who is copying from whom is pretty clear from what i have said above. Clearly samsung is a company which waits for apple to launch a new product and then goes to it's drawing board to come out with a carbon copy of that specific product.
post #202 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePixelDoc View Post

Exhibit A: in regards to my post above how Google is manipulating it's admirers.

Jeez buddy... I don't know what to say other than, "get a F'ing clue" SOON!

I really shudder to imagine a world where Google's design "aesthetic" has prevailed over Apple's, like these fandroids seem to want.

I've said this before, but look at Google's web pages. You can feel them sucking the juice out of your eyeballs. Imagine if Google had come out with a tablet before the iPad. It would be like sitting in Hell's waiting room reading a 50-year-old magazine.
post #203 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by mplaisance View Post

This is exactly why I like to see this lawsuit win. I get upset to see the Asian market copy and sell for less or what have you in the American market. Yes much of it is our fault for sending manufacturing overseas. I would love to see the day when American products are both designed and made in America.

Actually if Apple wins this lawsuit, there will be even less incentives for Apple to produce products in the US. Because that means Apple can have the cake and eat it too.
post #204 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePixelDoc View Post

To the guy(s) calling SJ a "whiny bitch":
Let me come over and steal your "significant others" charms, and we'll see who's the whiny one. You seem to forget that the passion, obsession, and "it's-my-baby" protection that SJ shows towards his and Apple's products, is why they "just work", and are as successful as they are.

SJ was literally stabbed in the back once as we all know = shame on him for being so naive;

Really? I knew he had surgery for a liver issue...
post #205 of 304
That's hilarious... they made a picture which shows the opposite of what they claim. How about next you use a picture of Tim Cook to show Apple are anti-gay?
post #206 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidDomination View Post

LOL..Apple fanboys and PR shills are strong at it..


First of all.. Samsung F700 was mentioned and announced in second half of 2006. The phone was already designed and developed as it was Samsung's flagship product and has been in R&D for a while before iPhone was revealed..

So to say that just because F700 was shown a month after iPhone proves nothing but that Apple and Steve Jobs rushed iPhone announcement out to make sure it was shown before F700 because it looked very similar in designed.. More polished but similar. F700 was released before iPhone in the non-US and non-European markets and then came to Europe in November again close or before iPhone.

Now, let's address how Apple does these things and gets away with it..

Well it's easy.. Steve Jobs has this perfected from the Xerox days.. he goes and "partners" with companies like Samsung, Motorola and others and asks them to make a phone to connect to iTunes so Apple ecosystem will work with them (aka ROKR).. in this partnership, just like he did with Xerox and Creative Labs prior to the rip of design and technology behind original iPod, he gets access/gets shown to the latest designs and ideas of the products to be released by these companies in a good will that the companies will work together..

He then, goes back to his office and has his army of slaves who he yells at and molests to make him a super high polished version/copy of the same product but with a bit of an Apple gloss.

Naturally, he can afford doing that because he basically stole the whole concept and R&D time and money that some of these companies invested and just stole ideas. This allows him to really considerably cut down on the time it takes to release a product.

This is standard operating procedure for Apple.. Steve Jobs is master at it and he has been doing forever.. and he doesn't really hide it... he admits it himself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW0DUg63lqU


But then again.. this is not the first thing they stole.. whole new line up of Apple's design is stolen from Dieter Rams. Almost every piece of modern Apple design is a straight rip from Dieter's concepts.

http://gizmodo.com/#!343641/1960s-br...-apples-future


Here's a tip Apple shillboys.. when you are trying to accuse someone of stealing ideas.. make sure that you are not the worst rip off artists in the room.

What are we talking about here.. Steve Jobs is a criminal.. he has been sued for stock fraud for Christ sake... He's not only a thief in design sense but in a traditional sense as well.


Do you really believe all the crap you wrote? Do you think that anyone with a bit of intelligence with believe your BS?

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

 

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete...

Reply

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

 

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete...

Reply
post #207 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascii View Post

That's hilarious... they made a picture which shows the opposite of what they claim. How about next you use a picture of Tim Cook to show Apple are anti-gay?

<fandroid-speak> Surely you don't think Samsung could have mocked up an empty plastic box with numbers painted on the front in only a month? LOL! </fandroid-speak>
post #208 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-sochist View Post

A lot of the most vocal fandroids, linux geeks, and freetards are autistic to one degree or another. This has been my observation, both in real life and on the internet. Pointing out superiority in aesthetics, ergonomics, or ease-of-use just infuriates them, so there's no point in doing it. They can't perceive these differences, and hearing people talk about these subtleties they're blind to all their lives has driven them straight off the deep end. Now the internet gives them a perfect platform to spew their hatred of perceptions and sensitivities they can't understand. They think you're just making up shit to make them feel inferior. AndroidDomination just said as much.

I guess you have to sympathize with them to some extent. Suppose you were colorblind, and everything in the world was color-coded like resistors used to be.

Couldn't agree more.

J.
post #209 of 304
Only droidtards think cheap knock off Samsung product is not a copy of Apple products





Then the iPhone 4 came out and a half year later, Samsung introducted the Galaxy S II...



Followed up with the Galaxy S II Mini...





In Sammy Defense: Yep, some people like droidtards living with his parents do like knock off products of Apple. We just provide a cheap knock off iPhone so people can have choice and even the freaking charger is the same. and also the box of the new Samsung Nexus S





"Apple sells premium products at premium prices to premium customers." Cheapskates need not apply 

Reply

"Apple sells premium products at premium prices to premium customers." Cheapskates need not apply 

Reply
post #210 of 304
If you think about what Steve Jobs said in his keynote, Android is free but it is not really free. i bet he meant all these lawsuit that Sammy, HTC, Moto need to face.

"Apple sells premium products at premium prices to premium customers." Cheapskates need not apply 

Reply

"Apple sells premium products at premium prices to premium customers." Cheapskates need not apply 

Reply
post #211 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-sochist View Post

I really shudder to imagine a world where Google's design "aesthetic" has prevailed over Apple's, like these fandroids seem to want.

I've said this before, but look at Google's web pages. You can feel them sucking the juice out of your eyeballs. Imagine if Google had come out with a tablet before the iPad. It would be like sitting in Hell's waiting room reading a 50-year-old magazine.

Actually, I'm not against the design aesthetic of the original Google: KISS principle. It was actually a very good choice for many of those around the world that had to wait for broadband and were still on dial-up. I recommended Google highly when it first came out, against Altavista, Yahoo, etc., which were becoming bloated as "portals" rather than concentrating on search.

I also still believe in clean, minimalistic designs in all things. Multi-tasking is something we do by choice and action, and shouldn't be forced upon anybody with 50-odd plus columns, banners, blocks, info-pops, etc.
Knowing what you are talking about would help you understand why you are so wrong. By "Realistic" - AI Forum Member
Reply
Knowing what you are talking about would help you understand why you are so wrong. By "Realistic" - AI Forum Member
Reply
post #212 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Explain to me why you think otherwise.

The point is we're speaking of the exception of the 'rule': Apple. It important to defend good ideas and stand behind them, otherwise we end-up with 25 years of Microsoft dominance or nazi-Duitsland.

J.
post #213 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsherly View Post

Really? I knew he had surgery for a liver issue...

OK... I should have written "figuratively" instead of literally.

My apologies.... except for those Droids that can't spell or read... or use their beloved Google to do a search for facts instead of drivel.
Knowing what you are talking about would help you understand why you are so wrong. By "Realistic" - AI Forum Member
Reply
Knowing what you are talking about would help you understand why you are so wrong. By "Realistic" - AI Forum Member
Reply
post #214 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realistic View Post


Do you really believe all the crap you wrote? Do you think that anyone with a bit of intelligence *
with believe* your BS?

Should say, "will being" so the Droid will understand
Knowing what you are talking about would help you understand why you are so wrong. By "Realistic" - AI Forum Member
Reply
Knowing what you are talking about would help you understand why you are so wrong. By "Realistic" - AI Forum Member
Reply
post #215 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by PersonalTaste View Post

Only droidtards think cheap knock off Samsung product is not a copy of Apple products

<snip>

Followed up with the Galaxy S II Mini...



<snip>

This is a pretty damning collection. In particular, I never saw this one before. So is the stainless steel strip purely decorative? Or is it an external antenna? Of course, it wouldn't lose any signal if you stuffed it into your Thanksgiving turkey, right?

I actually don't know which answer would make Samsung look worse....
post #216 of 304
Like I've always said: Samsung has a bad case of iPhone & iPad envy. Admit it.

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply
post #217 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by PersonalTaste View Post

Only droidtards think cheap knock off Samsung product is not a copy of Apple products
...

Droidtards might understand after a long explanation, but Droidouches like AndroidDomination are just stubborn autistic teens.
Fun and relaxing way to prepare Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) test with Juku Apps
Reply
Fun and relaxing way to prepare Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) test with Juku Apps
Reply
post #218 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-sochist View Post

Referring to the bolded part: What daughter would that be? The one he named the Apple "Lisa" after? The one whose birthdate my Mac's clock reverts to whenever there's a particularly abrupt power outage? That daughter? If the rest of your knowledge is at the same level as that little tidbit, I think we know how to evaluate it.

Maybe you might want to check your knowledge before abusing others...

http://money.cnn.com/2008/03/02/news...une/index2.htm
post #219 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by mplaisance View Post

-Apple brought you the first PC with a GUI (forget the PARC shit, Apple gave them shares in return and XEROX was to stupid to see what hey had), which Desktop publishing was born from!!

Why should we forgot Xerox product? Is that because they released a GUI computer before Apple?


Quote:
Originally Posted by mplaisance View Post

-Apple brought you the first successful, user friendly, and ready to use MP3 player (and I can honestly say, the iPod is and has always been the best MP3 player EVER!)

That would only connect to 2% of the computers at the time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mplaisance View Post

-Apple brought you the first legal digital music/media distribution platform, iTunes.

Digital music was available DRM free for years before Apple started the ITMS, or are you confusing Digital Music with digital downloads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mplaisance View Post

-Apple brought you the first "real" phone/internet in you hands and by far the FUCKING BEST mobile operating system EVER with the iPhone.

What about all those phones with internet abilities before the iPhone, are we meant to forget they existed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mplaisance View Post

-And last but not least the first usable and functional Tablet PC with the iPad!

Hmm, again, tablet computers were available for years before the iPAD, and they usable as well.
post #220 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidDomination View Post

Android users are poor, idiots, pathetic and Apple users are higher class.

I dislike that immensely.

Yep!

And sorry for you.
post #221 of 304
Quote:
A lot of the most vocal fandroids, linux geeks, and freetards are autistic to one degree or another. This has been my observation, both in real life and on the internet

Yeah. Apple use in increasingly become common ( it was always normal - in the sense that normal people use Apple) then the Android hate Apple types become even more fanatical. I think it is psychological, not just are they generally angry shut-ins, but they tend to look at Apple users as the cool types who disliked them in school - something like that.

Its surprising, in many ways, that Android has gotten over the hurdles of it's initial supporters.
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
post #222 of 304
Needless to say most Android users are not like that - many have Apple products, thats the point. Its the I wont buy anything APple types who are very weird indeed.
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
post #223 of 304
Perhaps this has been mentioned already - it's the same hand gripping both phones in the image. So one is fake.
post #224 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfanning View Post

Why should we forgot Xerox product? Is that because they released a GUI computer before Apple?

They didn't release a damn thingif Apple hadn't bought their technology (and enormously improved it), it would be sitting around in some dusty storage room somewhere. At bestactually it would probably be the same place as the blueprints of the Saturn Vnowhere.


Quote:
That would only connect to 2% of the computers at the time...

And soon after, would connect with 100% Your point? Would you realistically expect a Windows version of iTunes to come out before one that worked on Apple's own computers?

Quote:
Digital music was available DRM free for years before Apple started the ITMS, or are you confusing Digital Music with digital downloads?

You know damn well what he meant. DRM-free (legal) music downloads are available online because of the years-long battle Steve Jobs fought with the record labels. Sure, they tried to punish him by allowing Amazon to have them first, but that didn't last long.

Quote:
What about all those phones with internet abilities before the iPhone, are we meant to forget they existed?

What part of the phrase "real internet" is eluding you? Oh that's rightit's not "real" because it doesn't have that mobile Flash player that's still "coming soon".

Quote:
Hmm, again, tablet computers were available for years before the iPAD, and they usable as well.

10-pound bricks, running Windows with no keyboards, were "usable"? Right.
post #225 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfanning View Post

Why should we forgot Xerox product? Is that because they released a GUI computer before Apple?

They didnt release anything. the first commercial use of mouse and icons was APple, and it was derided by austistics for a decade. Until Windows 95. They they loved it.

( A bit like the Open Souce Bad, No! Open Source Good Android group mind switch).

Quote:
That would only connect to 2% of the computers at the time...

Yes it was released as an accessory for Macs. I am really not sure what that is supposed to argue. It was released for Macs, and then for PCs because of demand from Windows users.



Quote:
What about all those phones with internet abilities before the iPhone, are we meant to forget they existed?

Within about a year of it existence, and with about 5% of the smartphone market, the iPhone had 90% of the mobile internet. Because webkit and safari actually did the full internet. The others were toy WAP internet.

Quote:
Hmm, again, tablet computers were available for years before the iPAD, and they usable as well.

Not in the modern form of multi touch with pinch and zoom gestures and capacitive screens - the iPad was first there, the original tablet market ( stylus, resistive screens, full desktop OS on the tablet) is dead. But it was dead before Apple.

Of course you knew some of these things.

Also, soon you will have thunderbolt and a SDD drive in your PC. Well in about 5 years, when prices have fallen so you can afford it. Thats because of Apple. They push the industry. Without an "expensive" product doing new stuff nothing would happen. DEll sure as hell are not going to innovate in their consumer line as they sell at margins of 5%.

AI should have a list of APple firsts. First commercial WIMP interface, first modern Tablet, first modern smartphone, first PDA, first games console etc. We can then link for the Androids and then can go bang their heads on their desks, repeatedly.
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
post #226 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfanning View Post

Maybe you might want to check your knowledge before abusing others...

http://money.cnn.com/2008/03/02/news...une/index2.htm

The only abuse I'm aware of on this forum is coming from AndroidDomination, MacRulez, and their ilk. And gossip doesn't interest me.
post #227 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidDomination View Post

Yeah.. typical Apple bullshit.. when you start revealing garbage about Apple or stuff doesn't work.. don't get upset..it's only electronics.. it's not important..

IT IS IMPORTANT because our lives are increasingly depending on technology and money we spend goes somewhere.. Of course it's important.

No I"m not a kid.
I am a creative director with 2 design degrees and one of my main topics was contemporary design during the studies.. on top of that, i have worked for Fortune 500 companies.. among which some things for Apple believe it or not.

My facts are not skewed.. they are truth.. they are only skewed from the perspective of those who try to defend Apple.. I've personally talked to many people who were involved in technology and what was happening during that time.

I'm not upset at all.. I'm actually very calm.. I just really dislike the BS coming from Apple and PR shills and so on trying to defend them.

Other than that..I'm fine thanks. I would say Apple fans are mad and upset because Apple stuff and market-share are going back to insignificance just like it did with desktops and WIndows.

I've been reading this thread for quite some time now, I have a day off college.

You are completely bogus, you are an enraged juvenile child who is somehow personally insulted by particularly Apples recent actions. You been spreading absolute lies, flawed logic, self-contradictions, hypocritical and double standards. I'm not going to waste my time spoon-feeding you there.

1. Everyone knows Samsung copied Apple, particularly TouchWiz, there isn't a shadow of doubt. You have to be a moron on epic proportions to think there isn't some form of mimicking going on.
2. Apple didn't copy anybody with the iPhone or iPad, iPhone existed in iPad form possibly even before the iPhone was conceived.
3. If Apple copied LG and Samsung, where are those phones? Since they must have been revolutionary. There are almost no similarities aside from the fact they are both phones.
4. iPad? Really? Your going to downplay the only successful tablet in history? You downplay the Newton for it being unsuccessful yet you do the same for a successful product?

It's a sorry state of affairs you live in, you are most certainly not a degree holder, nor have you worked for a Fortune 500. Don't make such outlandish claims unless you are prepared to prove it. Your vocabulary, writing style reflects none of what you claim.

You have no credibility because your not even open for discussion, instead your a literal laughing stock on this thread.
post #228 of 304
Does anybody think that a reasonably adult would have his facts so skewed and call himself AndroidDomination on an Apple forum? Pretty weird stuff, and somebody who works for Fortune 500 would have to "talk to people in technology?"

Also, clearly an Eastern European or Russian given his lack of "thes". 15 years old. Vladisvastock.
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
post #229 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-sochist View Post

They didn't release a damn thingif Apple hadn't bought their technology (and enormously improved it), it would be sitting around in some dusty storage room somewhere. At bestactually it would probably be the same place as the blueprints of the Saturn Vnowhere.

The Xerox Star was a commercial product, and was release prior to the Lisa.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-sochist View Post

And soon after, would connect with 100% Your point? Would you realistically expect a Windows version of iTunes to come out before one that worked on Apple's own computers?

What good is it if you are the first to release a product that no one can use. The iPod took off once the Windows version of iTunes was released.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-sochist View Post

You know damn well what he meant. DRM-free (legal) music downloads are available online because of the years-long battle Steve Jobs fought with the record labels. Sure, they tried to punish him by allowing Amazon to have them first, but that didn't last long.

No I don't know what he means. He is the only one that knows what he means, but what he said was wrong.

Plus Apple is for DRM, they push it for their own products.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-sochist View Post

What part of the phrase "real internet" is eluding you? Oh that's rightit's not "real" because it doesn't have that mobile Flash player that's still "coming soon".

I know what the real internet is, but do you? I was using the "Real" internet on phones and handheld based devices years before the iPhone was released.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-sochist View Post

10-pound bricks, running Windows with no keyboards, were "usable"? Right.

Yes they were. Don't confused desirability and usability, they are very different things.
post #230 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdasd View Post

They didnt release anything. the first commercial use of mouse and icons was APple, and it was derided by austistics for a decade. Until Windows 95. They they loved it.

Like I said in my last post, the Xerox Star was a commercial product, and predated the Lisa.


Quote:
Originally Posted by asdasd View Post

Within about a year of it existence, and with about 5% of the smartphone market, the iPhone had 90% of the mobile internet. Because webkit and safari actually did the full internet. The others were toy WAP internet.

Nice speech, pity you were wrong. There were, and I have used phone based web browsers prior to the iPhone, not WAP based ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdasd View Post

AI should have a list of APple firsts. First commercial WIMP interface, first modern Tablet, first modern smartphone, first PDA, first games console etc. We can then link for the Androids and then can go bang their heads on their desks, repeatedly.

Why should they, there is existing proof that they didn't.
post #231 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-sochist View Post

The only abuse I'm aware of on this forum is coming from AndroidDomination, MacRulez, and their ilk. And gossip doesn't interest me.

The abuse you throw at the other user while you claimed they were wrong, when it was actually you that was wrong. And what gossip? The documented proof, or the stuff you are saying?
post #232 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePixelDoc View Post

To the guy(s) calling SJ a "whiny bitch":
Let me come over and steal your "significant others" charms, and we'll see who's the whiny one. You seem to forget that the passion, obsession, and "it's-my-baby" protection that SJ shows towards his and Apple's products, is why they "just work", and are as successful as they are.

SJ was literally stabbed in the back once as we all know = shame on him for being so naive;

SJ is consumed and enraged that it has happened again, this time with Eric Schmidt/Google = shame on you for thinking he's gonna stand back and take it this time while "his baby" get's molested. I know I'd go after the _________!

Infringement !=stealing

Getting angry over it is one thing, suing over it when it will not help you sell anymore phones (since they claim they can't make enough as it is) is flat out retarded.

And don't give me "we have to protect our ip or it becomes invalid" argument. Touch wiz didn't come out yesterday or even last year.
post #233 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprockkets View Post

Hey, nice of you to join us annonymouse! I see you are now claiming that google rewrites history! Quite funny because this has nothing to do with android or google!

I know you keep thinking I own an android phone and that's the best strawman argument you have, showing how incapable you are of using any of the other 40 logical fallacies, but I'll keep saying it for the 50th fucking time, I don't own one.

Have a nice day!

You don't have to own an Android phone to be a Google shill. Then again, you could simply be lying, like you apparently did when you said you were putting me on your ignore list.

BTW, the part about rewriting history is about how you and menno are part of a Google sponsored astroturfing program that puts out this kind of bullshit. Sort of like how when Page, a year or so ago, tried to claim that Apple was rewriting history and that Android was developed before the iPhone/iOS. Sound familiar? Of course, he failed to mention that the "Android" he was talking about is not Android, but another phone OS also called "Android" that was never released.

The rewriting of history, lies, deceit, misinformation are all part and parcel of the Google propaganda machine that you are proud to be part of.
post #234 of 304
Google does have an awesome propaganda machine. Android is a clear derivative of the iPhone interaction - the touch based zoom and look and feel demoed by Apple in Jan 2007 - and is using Sun's code which it has now closed ( in violation of the licence). Meanwhile it has forked Linux, and, of course, does not open source anything valuable from it's own technology portfolio. No Maps and no Search. Nothing that would allow others to compete. Apple open sourced webkit - used in most Android phones - and used to open source Darwin. Google is giving up no IP and stealing where it can. ( It also leeches off other people's content of course).

I think the app store scared Google. An app doesn't require a search. Otherwise the user will search the web; for a restaurant, a cinema listing etc. That gets an ad into view, and a payment if clicked. With a restaurant app that step is bypassed.

google need to disrupt this market - there interest in the app market can be gauged by how slow they were to bring the paid Android market to most countries, something which a cloud based expert like google should have no problem with. People are now used to free apps on Google, paid by ads. Lets see if that model scales, I dont think it can given the slow rate of increase of advertising revenue and the large rise in apps. But goggle will get their cut, even if 99% of ad revenue goes to 10 apps, and the rest be damned.

More money from other's content.
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
post #235 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

... There are no good guys, there are no bad guys, there are just capitalists and they are all vying for your money. ...

Despite the fact that the poster you are replying to presents an entirely warped perspective contrary to the the facts, I have to strongly disagree with you on this point. The idea that the activity of capitalism is essentially amoral is a particularly pernicious mistake. Economic actions do not enjoy some special status where they are free from ethical considerations. If anything, economic activity has even greater moral implication than most acts. It's when people try to rationalize that away or simply ignore it that the entire system breaks down, and it's exactly this ignoring of the moral consequences of actions that's led to the economic catastrophe we are in the midst of. Without morality, there are no good economic systems
post #236 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprockkets View Post

Infringement !=stealing ...

Actually, that's exactly what infringement is, theft of intellectual property.
post #237 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidDomination View Post

Yeah.. typical Apple bullshit.. when you start revealing garbage about Apple or stuff doesn't work.. don't get upset..it's only electronics.. it's not important..

IT IS IMPORTANT because our lives are increasingly depending on technology and money we spend goes somewhere.. Of course it's important.

No I"m not a kid.
I am a creative director with 2 design degrees and one of my main topics was contemporary design during the studies.. on top of that, i have worked for Fortune 500 companies.. among which some things for Apple believe it or not.

My facts are not skewed.. they are truth.. they are only skewed from the perspective of those who try to defend Apple.. I've personally talked to many people who were involved in technology and what was happening during that time.

I'm not upset at all.. I'm actually very calm.. I just really dislike the BS coming from Apple and PR shills and so on trying to defend them.

Other than that..I'm fine thanks. I would say Apple fans are mad and upset because Apple stuff and market-share are going back to insignificance just like it did with desktops and WIndows.

So are you Charlie Sheen or something?
post #238 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfanning View Post

The abuse you throw at the other user while you claimed they were wrong, when it was actually you that was wrong. And what gossip? The documented proof, or the stuff you are saying?

The tabloid gossip you linked to. And what are you denying? That "Lisa" is Steve Jobs' daughter? That he named a $10,000 computer after her? That her birthdate is the origin of the Mac's timekeeping system? All these are physical facts, not innuendo. So, yesI am uninterested in gossip.
post #239 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-sochist View Post

A lot of the most vocal fandroids, linux geeks, and freetards are autistic to one degree or another. This has been my observation, both in real life and on the internet. Pointing out superiority in aesthetics, ergonomics, or ease-of-use just infuriates them, so there's no point in doing it. They can't perceive these differences

Not going to delve into the mental capacity/affliction issue, but in general my experience with those on the engineering and software engineering side of things, this rings true. Even take out the word "superiority".
"We're Apple. We don't wear suits. We don't even own suits."
Reply
"We're Apple. We don't wear suits. We don't even own suits."
Reply
post #240 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfanning View Post

The Xerox Star was a commercial product, and was release prior to the Lisa.




What good is it if you are the first to release a product that no one can use. The iPod took off once the Windows version of iTunes was released.




No I don't know what he means. He is the only one that knows what he means, but what he said was wrong.

Plus Apple is for DRM, they push it for their own products.



I know what the real internet is, but do you? I was using the "Real" internet on phones and handheld based devices years before the iPhone was released.




Yes they were. Don't confused desirability and usability, they are very different things.

So much disinformation, so little time...nah, not worth the waste of electrons. You've posted 2145 posts on an Apple-oriented website to say how much you hate Apple. There's no breaking through that wall of pathology. Enjoy whatever they're paying youor if they're not paying you, consider therapy.

(That goes for AndroidDomination, MacRules, Menno, sprocketts, etc., etc., et endless cetera.)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Android fans accuse Apple of copying Samsung first