or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Android fans accuse Apple of copying Samsung first
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Android fans accuse Apple of copying Samsung first - Page 7

post #241 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by xSamplex View Post

Apple has been EXPOSED. Let's face the fact that technology is rife with unattributed cross-fertilization, stop suing each other, and build great products instead. Eh?

Really? Why spend the millions of dollars in R&D if anyone can just copy it? IP and patents protect the competitive advantage of everyone. You would think differently the first time your work was ripped-off.
post #242 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elastic Reason View Post

Really? Why spend the millions of dollars in R&D if anyone can just copy it? IP and patents protect the competitive advantage of everyone. You would think differently the first time your work was ripped-off.

This is precisely the debate, and Apple clearly stole this design. There are plenty of unbiased sites pointing out that Samsung could not possibly have completed production within a month and both Samsung and Apple copied LG. I have Mac and PC and droid, and had an iPhone, I'm no fanboy. The facts just don't look good for Apple here.
post #243 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdasd View Post

Yeah. Apple use in increasingly become common ( it was always normal - in the sense that normal people use Apple) then the Android hate Apple types become even more fanatical. I think it is psychological, not just are they generally angry shut-ins, but they tend to look at Apple users as the cool types who disliked them in school - something like that.

Its surprising, in many ways, that Android has gotten over the hurdles of it's initial supporters.

i think it the best comparison is one from the movie 'good will hunting'. you remember that pony tailed douchebag that got owned by will in the bar? that is the perfect mac user. he should be doing a new version of 'hello, i'm a mac'. no one really wants to be like that guy, everyone just hates him for his smug shallowness.
post #244 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by reticon View Post

This is precisely the debate, and Apple clearly stole this design. There are plenty of unbiased sites pointing out that Samsung could not possibly have completed production within a month and both Samsung and Apple copied LG. I have Mac and PC and droid, and had an iPhone, I'm no fanboy. The facts just don't look good for Apple here.

A link to an unknown blog doesn't prove anything, especially when it doesn't show a good picture of the LG Prada that supposedly compares to an iPhone, those pictures are very tiny.
post #245 of 304
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LG_Prada

I think Samsung and LG should shut Apple up once and for all. Apple's attitude is the problem (and Apple's sheep-like lobotomised brainwashed consumers) not their products.
post #246 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienzed View Post

I'm curious, did TV manufacturers sue each other for all using a giant screen that displayed images with a power, channel and volume buttons along the bottom?

Sir you are young!
I've accomplished my childhood's dream: My job consists mainly of playing with toys all day long.
Reply
I've accomplished my childhood's dream: My job consists mainly of playing with toys all day long.
Reply
post #247 of 304
deleted
post #248 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidDomination View Post

Yeah.. typical Apple bullshit.. when you start revealing garbage about Apple or stuff doesn't work.. don't get upset..it's only electronics.. it's not important..

IT IS IMPORTANT because our lives are increasingly depending on technology and money we spend goes somewhere.. Of course it's important.

No I"m not a kid..

My facts are not skewed.. they are truth...

I'm not upset at all.. I'm actually very calm.. I just really dislike the BS coming from Apple and PR shills and so on trying to defend them.

Other than that..I'm fine thanks. I would say Apple fans are mad and upset because Apple stuff and market-share are going back to insignificance just like it did with desktops and WIndows.


Ok, you're not a kid. Not upset? Your are so frustrated that it's sad. The tones of your messages have veins popping out of your head. It's obvious, as in other posts where you are calmly discussing google, or for some insane reason you agree with an Apple's perspective, your tone changes completely.

Your facts... is an opinionated interpretation. Many people, who have worked with Jobs and Apple dont agree. History books are also written this way. Depends on the author as to what happened and for what reason. None of it real or factual. Just someone's view of the events.

Apple market share: "Apple stuff and market-share are going back to insignificance"
That is not a fact. That is a prediction. Time will tell.

TECHNOLOGY: " IT IS IMPORTANT because our lives are increasingly depending on technology and money we spend goes somewhere.. Of course it's important."

WRONG. Eating, drinking, sleeping and making other human beings happy. That is important. The rest is a distraction. I also enjoys these distractions. Got my first computer in 1985.But it's not important, and certainly not worth getting so upset about.

Time to move on.

Cheers
post #249 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnjnjnjn View Post

The point is we're speaking of the exception of the 'rule': Apple. It important to defend good ideas and stand behind them, otherwise we end-up with 25 years of Microsoft dominance or nazi-Duitsland.

J.

Defend a good idea by buying a product you want. This does not mean you blindly support a company "otherwise we end-up with 25 years of Microsoft dominance or nazi-Duitsland. See what I did there.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #250 of 304
The point of patent/trademark/copyright protection is enforcement. If Apple did not sue infringers vigorously, they would lose their right to do so in the future, and relieve themselves of the need to file/acquire them in the first place. That's how it works. No greed, just capitalism at work.

The Prada phone was mess, and derivative of the Treo, which was derivative of Palm OS which was derivative of the Newton OS. It all comes back home.

This one will be big. Any ruling on the software front in Apple's favor will send ripples through the smartphone industry.
post #251 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprockkets View Post



Dude, what the fuck are you talking about? Stop posting shit and answer the question.



Hey Android central doesn't troll for apple fanboi's! There aren't any apple articles! But you couldn't be assed to check that site out for 1 minute to come to that conclusion!

Oh yeah, i can be bothered to check that out because i am trying out an android phone myself. And every time I pick up a review of any brand of android phone, the atrix for particular, there are people putting on a balance with the iPhone 4 about how it crushes the iPhone in so many respects that i don't see to be reasonable.

Every once in a while, folks who actually have experience with the iphone care to defend what is right and what is justice. Guess what there is droid team ready and armed jumping at those poor folks and diss all inconceivable things at them too.
post #252 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacRulez View Post

So according to Digler, Apple ripped off LG.

Digler's excellent research demonstrates that even an AI lackey has no trouble finding sufficient prior art to invalidate Apple's design suit.

Good going, Dan.

Despite the countless times its been pointed out his name is Dilger you keep writing Digler. Is this some psychological block or are you so immature that you are choosing not to spell it correctly? Maybe you should try for a clever misspelling of his name next time, then you might get a laugh.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #253 of 304
Here's a drawing of DED browsing the Android forums...



post #254 of 304
There's plenty of intentionally unflattering "misspellings" all thru the forums directed at both Apple and Android comments. Personally they all seem immature.

Name-calling? Really?

But I'm surprised you're still bothering to reply to any of them Solipsism. You're much more tuned in and knowledgeable than the juvenile posters that jumped in overnight. A few kids fighting is all it amounts to.
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
post #255 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

But I'm surprised you're still bothering to reply to any of them Solipsism.

Im optimistic.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #256 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuwafuwa View Post

Droidtards might understand after a long explanation, but Droidouches like AndroidDomination are just stubborn autistic teens.

We should not just reply to this troll AndroidDomination. He will not be here after this thread and is to dumb to defend an Android manufacture that doesn't even update their Android updates unlike other Android manufactures. Samsung just tells users to buy a new version of their phone to get the update.

So AndroidDomination is just a stupid troll that is looking for attention.

Mac Pro Dual 2.8 Quad (2nd gen), 14G Ram, Two DVD-RW Drives, OS X 10.9
Mac Book Pro Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, SuperDrive, ATI X1600, 2GB RAM, OS X 10.7
1TB Time Capsule

Reply

Mac Pro Dual 2.8 Quad (2nd gen), 14G Ram, Two DVD-RW Drives, OS X 10.9
Mac Book Pro Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, SuperDrive, ATI X1600, 2GB RAM, OS X 10.7
1TB Time Capsule

Reply
post #257 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichL View Post

Here's a drawing of DED browsing the Android forums...





poor guy, like this he's never going to get some sleep anytime soon.
post #258 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidDomination
LOL..Apple fanboys and PR shills are strong at it..


First of all.. Samsung F700 was mentioned and announced in second half of 2006. The phone was already designed and developed as it was Samsung's flagship product and has been in R&D for a while before iPhone was revealed..

So to say that just because F700 was shown a month after iPhone proves nothing but that Apple and Steve Jobs rushed iPhone announcement out to make sure it was shown before F700 because it looked very similar in designed.. More polished but similar. F700 was released before iPhone in the non-US and non-European markets and then came to Europe in November again close or before iPhone.

Now, let's address how Apple does these things and gets away with it..

Well it's easy.. Steve Jobs has this perfected from the Xerox days.. he goes and "partners" with companies like Samsung, Motorola and others and asks them to make a phone to connect to iTunes so Apple ecosystem will work with them (aka ROKR).. in this partnership, just like he did with Xerox and Creative Labs prior to the rip of design and technology behind original iPod, he gets access/gets shown to the latest designs and ideas of the products to be released by these companies in a good will that the companies will work together..

He then, goes back to his office and has his army of slaves who he yells at and molests to make him a super high polished version/copy of the same product but with a bit of an Apple gloss.

Naturally, he can afford doing that because he basically stole the whole concept and R&D time and money that some of these companies invested and just stole ideas. This allows him to really considerably cut down on the time it takes to release a product.

This is standard operating procedure for Apple.. Steve Jobs is master at it and he has been doing forever.. and he doesn't really hide it... he admits it himself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW0DUg63lqU


But then again.. this is not the first thing they stole.. whole new line up of Apple's design is stolen from Dieter Rams. Almost every piece of modern Apple design is a straight rip from Dieter's concepts.

http://gizmodo.com/#!343641/1960s-br...-apples-future


Here's a tip Apple shillboys.. when you are trying to accuse someone of stealing ideas.. make sure that you are not the worst rip off artists in the room.

What are we talking about here.. Steve Jobs is a criminal.. he has been sued for stock fraud for Christ sake... He's not only a thief in design sense but in a traditional sense as well.

You, sir, simply don't get it. All companies take inspiration from other products, from different categories of products, even from nature itself. Inspiration does not equal theft. Does Apple take design ideas from other companies? Of course they do. Everyone and every company on Earth does that in almost any medium. What Apple does is take that idea and design a sleek hardware product, couple it with the best software around, and add it's iconic brand name. This product becomes enormously successful. In turn, other companies copy the product.

You simply cannot compare the wholesale copying of Apple's products to how Apple got the idea for these products to begin with. It's absurd. Apple buys technology companies all the time. It partners with them. Then it does what apparently only Apple can do: They turn those ideas into the actual functioning product.

Anyone who looks at the history realizes there is no argument here. Samsung and others have blatantly copied the look and feel of Apple's products. Look at the comparisons and release dates. It's cut and dried.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #259 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Im optimistic.

Or maybe a glutton for punishment.

This is better than a debate about politics.....and just as passionate!
You talkin' to me?
Reply
You talkin' to me?
Reply
post #260 of 304
Google invented the icon? The touchscreen? Neither was new in 2007, but it is pretty clear a LOT of phones suddenly started looking like the iPhone layout, larger touch screen, one button, icons looking like Apple's.
post #261 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

Actually, that's exactly what infringement is, theft of intellectual property.

You can't... oh **** it you can't comprehend it anyhow.
post #262 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by reticon View Post

This is precisely the debate, and Apple clearly stole this design. There are plenty of unbiased sites pointing out that Samsung could not possibly have completed production within a month and both Samsung and Apple copied LG. I have Mac and PC and droid, and had an iPhone, I'm no fanboy. The facts just don't look good for Apple here.

And bats clearly stole their design from birds. I mean WINGS? C'mon. You want me to believe that bats just coincidentally invented wings like birds so they could fly? It's too much of a coincidence, don't you think? The facts just don't look good for bats here.

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply
post #263 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-sochist View Post

The tabloid gossip you linked to. And what are you denying? That "Lisa" is Steve Jobs' daughter? That he named a $10,000 computer after her? That her birthdate is the origin of the Mac's timekeeping system? All these are physical facts, not innuendo. So, yesI am uninterested in gossip.

Is the fact that he originally claimed she wasn't his, her mother raise her on welfare, and he signed court documents claiming it couldn't be as he was sterile doesn't enter into equation? Or is the happy ending enough to wipe all this from memory?
post #264 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-sochist View Post

So much disinformation, so little time...nah, not worth the waste of electrons. You've posted 2145 posts on an Apple-oriented website to say how much you hate Apple. There's no breaking through that wall of pathology. Enjoy whatever they're paying youor if they're not paying you, consider therapy.

(That goes for AndroidDomination, MacRules, Menno, sprocketts, etc., etc., et endless cetera.)

Who said I hate Apple? Wasn't me, I am a happy owner of a number of Apple products. Oh wait, it was you claiming I hated them as you have no argument and that's how things are done on AI.

I don't hate Apple, I just don't "love" them like you. They are just a company, I company that is just like every other company around, trying to make as much money as they can.
post #265 of 304
deleted
post #266 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfanning View Post

Is the fact that he originally claimed she wasn't his, her mother raise her on welfare, and he signed court documents claiming it couldn't be as he was sterile doesn't enter into equation? Or is the happy ending enough to wipe all this from memory?

Unlike you, I can distinguish between facts and tabloid gossip. Maybe the gossip is true, I don't care. Your position apparently is, because Steve Jobs is an assholewhich he may well be on a personal levelno one should buy Apple products, and this somehow makes them aesthetically and functionally undesirable. That's a bizarre attitude.

I've bought Hewlett-Packard products (in the past, before their quality went in the crapper) and David Packard was a founding member of the John Birch Society. That's much worse than anything your tabloid sources accuse Steve Jobs of.
post #267 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprockkets View Post

You can't... oh **** it you can't comprehend it anyhow.

You said you were going to put me on your ignore list. I guess we can't trust anything you say.
post #268 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfanning View Post

Who said I hate Apple? Wasn't me, I am a happy owner of a number of Apple products. Oh wait, it was you claiming I hated them as you have no argument and that's how things are done on AI.

I don't hate Apple, I just don't "love" them like you. They are just a company, I company that is just like every other company around, trying to make as much money as they can.

I don't "Love" any company. This is the puzzled reaction of someone who just doesn't get it. If you haven't noticed, Apple has been on a roll the last 12 years or so. They have peoplepeople with decision-making powerwho have a vision, and are dragging the rest of the tech world by the scruff of the neck into a better future.

Every once in a geological age this will happenan automaker will accidentally make a "car guy" CEO, for example. Then hang onto your hatfor a while. The bean-counters will ultimately prevail, but the ride is a lot of fun while it lasts.

By the way, just so you knowthe claim about all the Apple products you own, which may be true in your case, is what the paid shill usually leads with, and it causes everybody on this forum to tune out from everything else you say.
post #269 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

You, sir, simply don't get it. All companies take inspiration from other products, from different categories of products, even from nature itself. Inspiration does not equal theft. Does Apple take design ideas from other companies? Of course they do. Everyone and every company on Earth does that in almost any medium. What Apple does is take that idea and design a sleek hardware product, couple it with the best software around, and add it's iconic brand name. This product becomes enormously successful. In turn, other companies copy the product.

You simply cannot compare the wholesale copying of Apple's products to how Apple got the idea for these products to begin with. It's absurd. Apple buys technology companies all the time. It partners with them. Then it does what apparently only Apple can do: They turn those ideas into the actual functioning product.

Anyone who looks at the history realizes there is no argument here. Samsung and others have blatantly copied the look and feel of Apple's products. Look at the comparisons and release dates. It's cut and dried.


Samsung took inspiration from its prior designs. It did not copy Apple.

Back to square one for both camps.

Let the courts handle it.

Go back to work.

"Like I said before, share price will dip into the $400."  - 11/21/12 by Galbi

Reply

"Like I said before, share price will dip into the $400."  - 11/21/12 by Galbi

Reply
post #270 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulfoaf View Post

Google invented the icon? The touchscreen? Neither was new in 2007, but it is pretty clear a LOT of phones suddenly started looking like the iPhone layout, larger touch screen, one button, icons looking like Apple's.

But certainly not Samsung because they had the large touch screen multi button layout in the final stages even before the iPhone. The same can be said of LG with the Prada phone.

So why is Apple suing them? Because they are desperate.

"Like I said before, share price will dip into the $400."  - 11/21/12 by Galbi

Reply

"Like I said before, share price will dip into the $400."  - 11/21/12 by Galbi

Reply
post #271 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

You said you were going to put me on your ignore list. I guess we can't trust anything you say.

You are on my ignore list. Assuming that I won't check your replies and get a laugh out of them is your mistake.
post #272 of 304
So, let's see...all cars have four wheels, bumpers, a motor, steering wheel, dash, batteries, AC, transmission, etc. Which manufacturer needs to sue all the other car manufacturers for copying?

Grow up Apple! You have great profits, die hard followers, and your own unique, controlled OS/ecosystem. Are you really scared of a little similar competition or do you expect a monopoly on touch screen devices with icons?

Oh yeah, Xerox called from 30 years ago...they want their GUI back!


(and just for full disclosure since I am new; I own a nano, iPod Touch, a Droid, and an iPad 2. I love tech and gadgets and don't care who makes them. All the fanboy sh** is dumb. I think without competition we would all still be driving moto razors, but I can't stand stuff like this lawsuit. It is just pure greed. Apple needs to remember this in several years when they are no longer on top (OH YEAH, EVENTUALLY THEY WILL SLIP, THEY ALL DO) and want to take "inspiration" from the new "it" company or product.)
post #273 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-sochist View Post

Unlike you, I can distinguish between facts and tabloid gossip. Maybe the gossip is true, I don't care. Your position apparently is, because Steve Jobs is an assholewhich he may well be on a personal levelno one should buy Apple products, and this somehow makes them aesthetically and functionally undesirable. That's a bizarre attitude.

I've bought Hewlett-Packard products (in the past, before their quality went in the crapper) and David Packard was a founding member of the John Birch Society. That's much worse than anything your tabloid sources accuse Steve Jobs of.

Why do you continue to make things up to defend your position?

Jobs signed court documents to say the kid couldn't be his. This is a fact, I fact that I really care about, but it is still a fact, an important fact as it proves you wrong.
post #274 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-sochist View Post

I don't "Love" any company. This is the puzzled reaction of someone who just doesn't get it. If you haven't noticed, Apple has been on a roll the last 12 years or so. They have peoplepeople with decision-making powerwho have a vision, and are dragging the rest of the tech world by the scruff of the neck into a better future.

Every once in a geological age this will happenan automaker will accidentally make a "car guy" CEO, for example. Then hang onto your hatfor a while. The bean-counters will ultimately prevail, but the ride is a lot of fun while it lasts.

By the way, just so you knowthe claim about all the Apple products you own, which may be true in your case, is what the paid shill usually leads with, and it causes everybody on this forum to tune out from everything else you say.

What?

I don't care what you believe, I know I am telling the truth, and I know you are just a fool hiding behind a pseudonym, spouting rubbish.

Have fun with this, hopefully when you hit your teenage years you get better at it.
post #275 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfanning View Post

Why do you continue to make things up to defend your position?

Jobs signed court documents to say the kid couldn't be his. This is a fact, I fact that I really care about, but it is still a fact, an important fact as it proves you wrong.

Again, what part of "Maybe the gossip is true, I don't care." is escaping you? What in the Hell am I "wrong"about, you obtuse, stupid little troll? Is Lisa not his daughter? Was the Apple Lisa not named after her? That's all I've said. I also said "Steve Jobs may well be an asshole on a personal level." I don't give two hoots in Hell whether he is or not. You can keep linking to all the tabloid gossip you want, trying to make me care—BUT I DON'T!
post #276 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfanning View Post

What?

I don't care what you believe, I know I am telling the truth, and I know you are just a fool hiding behind a pseudonym, spouting rubbish.

Have fun with this, hopefully when you hit your teenage years you get better at it.

I left my teenage years in time to vote for McGovern, thank you very much. Tell me exactly what "rubbish" I've spouted, and I'll show you what a lying little cold sore you are.
post #277 of 304
deleted
post #278 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacRulez View Post

You don't get it. There is only one company, one product line, one store! All other companies are either stupid or evil! Anyone who shops at any other store is just a loser! The only way they'll ever learn their place is if we Apple fans show them by breaking the glass in their store windows!

You come to an Apple enthusiast web list to complain about us being Apple enthusiasts?


Quote:
Posters like you don't last long 'round here, but I'm glad you showed up long enough to say what you said.

If you are not an Apple enthusiast - no, no you you won't.
post #279 of 304
What's an android fan??
post #280 of 304
Well said.

Edit: accidental post. I need to get some sleep...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Android fans accuse Apple of copying Samsung first