or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Android fans accuse Apple of copying Samsung first
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Android fans accuse Apple of copying Samsung first - Page 8

post #281 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-sochist View Post

Again, what part of "Maybe the gossip is true, I don't care." is escaping you? What in the Hell am I "wrong"about, you obtuse, stupid little troll? Is Lisa not his daughter? Was the Apple Lisa not named after her? That's all I've said. I also said "Steve Jobs may well be an asshole on a personal level." I don't give two hoots in Hell whether he is or not. You can keep linking to all the tabloid gossip you want, trying to make me careBUT I DON'T!

It is obvious that you don't want to listen to truth, if that is the way you want to go, fine.
post #282 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-sochist View Post

I left my teenage years in time to vote for McGovern, thank you very much. Tell me exactly what "rubbish" I've spouted, and I'll show you what a lying little cold sore you are.

If you are talking the truth, can you get one of your grandkids to show you how to go back through the thread so you can read what you posted. That is the rubbish I refer to.
post #283 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprockkets View Post

You are on my ignore list. Assuming that I won't check your replies and get a laugh out of them is your mistake.

Sort of defeats the purpose of the ignore list if you don't actually ignore the people on it, but, then, we don't expect you to be rational.
post #284 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfanning View Post

It is obvious that you don't want to listen to truth, if that is the way you want to go, fine.

Again, just because you seem to care about anecdotes about some guy's personal life to the point where they make you want to boycott his company, that's you. I've listened to "the truth", as you insist on it. It may BE true—I don't care!! Are you telling me I'm lying when I say I don't care? Are you really that far gone?
post #285 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfanning View Post

If you are talking the truth, can you get one of your grandkids to show you how to go back through the thread so you can read what you posted. That is the rubbish I refer to.

Can't point out a single thing I said that wasn't true, huh? ALL I've said is that I don't give a crap about these stories that seem to be so important to you. Do you really think I'm desperately concerned about them and merely lying about my attitude? You must truly be insane. What you should be asking yourself is WHY you care so much about irrelevant crap. I feel much more guilty about buying HP products, given Packard's political affiliations, and I DO for a fact boycott Microsoft as much as I can. I boycott a business because of their business practices; NOT because of some stories I've read about Bill Gates' personal life, whichclutch your pearls, GrannyI couldn't give less of a damn about!
post #286 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galbi View Post

But certainly not Samsung because they had the large touch screen multi button layout in the final stages even before the iPhone. The same can be said of LG with the Prada phone.

So why is Apple suing them? Because they are desperate.

It's not about being a large touch screen.

What is Apple desperate for? That they can't make money being the top dog?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprockkets View Post

You are on my ignore list. Assuming that I won't check your replies and get a laugh out of them is your mistake.

Why even have anyone on your ignore list, if you're going to defeat it anyway? You don't see the contradiction there? It's more consistent to say that you're talking out of your posterior about your alleged ignore list, or you're a masochist.
post #287 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-sochist View Post

Can't point out a single thing I said that wasn't true, huh? ALL I've said is that I don't give a crap about these stories that seem to be so important to you. Do you really think I'm desperately concerned about them and merely lying about my attitude? You must truly be insane. What you should be asking yourself is WHY you care so much about irrelevant crap. I feel much more guilty about buying HP products, given Packard's political affiliations, and I DO for a fact boycott Microsoft as much as I can. I boycott a business because of their business practices; NOT because of some stories I've read about Bill Gates' personal life, whichclutch your pearls, GrannyI couldn't give less of a damn about!

for someone who doesn't 'give a damn' you sure make a lot of noise....
post #288 of 304
All I remember is the long anticipation for some sort of Apple phone, and a lot of hype that a phone from the company was inevitable. So, when the iPhone was unveiled a couple of months or so after the Samsung phone (according to the graphic in the article), I have a hard time believing that Apple concocted a great operating system and a refined piece of hardware in a mere two months (from start to finish) after seeing the Samsung phone and deciding to make a phone just like it. I guess I just don't see how that would work.
post #289 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperscribble View Post

All I remember is the long anticipation for some sort of Apple phone, and a lot of hype that a phone from the company was inevitable. So, when the iPhone was unveiled a couple of months or so after the Samsung phone (according to the graphic in the article), I have a hard time believing that Apple concocted a great operating system and a refined piece of hardware in a mere two months (from start to finish) after seeing the Samsung phone and deciding to make a phone just like it. I guess I just don't see how that would work.

For the sake of argument lets assume you can build an entire OS UI in 1 month. The LG UI could not be confused with the LG Pradas UI and Apple would have made it very unique.

The only similarities are from HW in the capacitance touchscreen, which the LG Prada is first, though it was poorly implemented and single touch.

The Samsung F700 debuted after the original iPhone so its not even a contender. Did it have capacitive multitouch back then?
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #290 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by screamingfist View Post

for someone who doesn't 'give a damn' you sure make a lot of noise....

You have me mixed up with jfanning. All I'm objecting to is his/her absolute insistence that I must care about Steve Jobs' personal lifeI just must, because he/she does so desperately. I'm seriously trying to understand the pathology here. And also why someone comes on a forum dedicated to a company they hate, run by a guy they hate, and dumps thousands of comments full of FUD and crap. Does any Apple fan do the same on any Windows or Android forum? (Assuming they exist.)
post #291 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-sochist View Post

Again, just because you seem to care about anecdotes about some guy's personal life to the point where they make you want to boycott his company, that's you. I've listened to "the truth", as you insist on it. It may BE trueI don't care!! Are you telling me I'm lying when I say I don't care? Are you really that far gone?

Where have I ever said anything about boycotting anything? You seem to be very mistaken on a number of topics.
post #292 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-sochist View Post

Can't point out a single thing I said that wasn't true, huh? ALL I've said is that I don't give a crap about these stories that seem to be so important to you. Do you really think I'm desperately concerned about them and merely lying about my attitude? You must truly be insane. What you should be asking yourself is WHY you care so much about irrelevant crap. I feel much more guilty about buying HP products, given Packard's political affiliations, and I DO for a fact boycott Microsoft as much as I can. I boycott a business because of their business practices; NOT because of some stories I've read about Bill Gates' personal life, whichclutch your pearls, GrannyI couldn't give less of a damn about!

Yip, post #224.

But judging this post you just made, you are starting to confuse topics, if you need help you can click back through the thread.

For example, what has Packards political affiliations, or Bill Gates personal life got to do with Xerox releasing the Star before Apple released the Lisa?
post #293 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfanning View Post

Yip, post #224.

But judging this post you just made, you are starting to confuse topics, if you need help you can click back through the thread.

For example, what has Packards political affiliations, or Bill Gates personal life got to do with Xerox releasing the Star before Apple released the Lisa?

Brain can only handle one topic at a time, Bunky? The answer to your question is nothing. However, your obsession with tabloid gossip about Steve Jobs' personal life and your rabid insistence that I must care about it as much as you doI just MUSThas dominated your posts, so that's what I was referring to.

What does the Xerox Star have to do with anything again? As far as I know it was just an internal prototype at Xerox, but if they tried to sell it to the public, it must have sunk like a rock. Of course, so did the Lisa. It would have been based on Xerox PARC's workthe same work Apple licensed to create the Lisa and later the Macintosh. Nobody has ever denied that. If it had waited on Xerox to see the light of day, it would be exactly nowhere right now.
post #294 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfanning View Post

Where have I ever said anything about boycotting anything? You seem to be very mistaken on a number of topics.

So your rabid, frothing hatred of Steve Jobs, which seems to have driven you quite literally insane, hasn't led you to avoid Apple products? What is that, cognitive dissonance at work?

If my reading some soap opera crap about somebody's personal life had caused me to lose my mind to the extent that it has you, I certainly wouldn't buy any of his company's products.
post #295 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-sochist View Post

So your rabid, frothing hatred of Steve Jobs, which seems to have driven you quite literally insane, hasn't led you to avoid Apple products? What is that, cognitive dissonance at work?

If my reading some soap opera crap about somebody's personal life had caused me to lose my mind to the extent that it has you, I certainly wouldn't buy any of his company's products.

wtf are you talking about? If you have a point to this dribble then please make it, the constant lies, and made up information doesn't hold much hope for you.
post #296 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-sochist View Post

Brain can only handle one topic at a time, Bunky? The answer to your question is nothing. However, your obsession with tabloid gossip about Steve Jobs' personal life and your rabid insistence that I must care about it as much as you doI just MUSThas dominated your posts, so that's what I was referring to.

What does the Xerox Star have to do with anything again? As far as I know it was just an internal prototype at Xerox, but if they tried to sell it to the public, it must have sunk like a rock. Of course, so did the Lisa. It would have been based on Xerox PARC's workthe same work Apple licensed to create the Lisa and later the Macintosh. Nobody has ever denied that. If it had waited on Xerox to see the light of day, it would be exactly nowhere right now.

What constant obsession with tabloid gossip? I mentioned one article as a reference to prove you wrong. If that is an obsession you have a serious issues you need to have looked into.

As for the other stuff, look back through the thread, it is a simple thing to do, if you can't remember the reference to what you are replying to, then maybe it is time for you to stop replying.

And you are confusing the Alto with the Star, something you seem to do quite a bit...
post #297 of 304
Fandroids are further right.. Apple copied from osx dashboard widgets in order to copy that to iPhone before copying to iPod.. lotta copying from very un- innovative Apple. Yeah those patent filings back in the days were for fun only. Just ignore them.
post #298 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfanning View Post

What constant obsession with tabloid gossip? I mentioned one article as a reference to prove you wrong. If that is an obsession you have a serious issues you need to have looked into.

As for the other stuff, look back through the thread, it is a simple thing to do, if you can't remember the reference to what you are replying to, then maybe it is time for you to stop replying.

And you are confusing the Alto with the Star, something you seem to do quite a bit...

Oh, I'm going to stop replying all right, since you are quite obviously completely demented. You've blocked out how you went on and on and on and ON about this article you found about Steve Jobs' personal life, and how this somehow had some bearing on Apple's originality or business practices or...I don't know, I can't put myself into the kind of mindset that would obsess about this kind of crap. The only way you could possibly "prove me wrong" with that article is if, in fact, Lisa was not his daughter, and she was not the one he named the Apple Lisa after. Since both those things are true, you're obviously living in your own little world, because that's all I said.

I don't remember either the Xerox Alto or Xerox Staryou're the one who brought them up, in an attempt to prove something that no one has ever deniedthat the Lisa and the Macintosh were based on Xerox PARC's work, work which Apple licensed. Later some people decided that Apple should have paid much more than Xerox asked (!) for this work, and that somehow was a black mark against them. The fact remains that none of this excellent work done at Xerox PARC would ever have seen the light of day had Apple not licensed it and based successful products on it. (The Mac, not the Lisa, obviously). Xerox was run by troglodytic morons who didn't know what they were sitting on, and all those designs would now at best be gathering dust in some storage warehouseand that's at best!

Anyway, this is a dead thread, and I won't be checking back to see if you've come up with more denials of what you've been going on about for days, or more attempts at diversion. Since your hatred for Steve Jobs has obviously driven you completely insane, I invite you to stop commenting on an Apple-oriented siteyou'll give yourself an ulcer.
post #299 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-sochist View Post

Oh, I'm going to stop replying all right, since you are quite obviously completely demented. You've blocked out how you went on and on and on and ON about this article you found about Steve Jobs' personal life, and how this somehow had some bearing on Apple's originality or business practices or...I don't know, I can't put myself into the kind of mindset that would obsess about this kind of crap. The only way you could possibly "prove me wrong" with that article is if, in fact, Lisa was not his daughter, and she was not the one he named the Apple Lisa after. Since both those things are true, you're obviously living in your own little world, because that's all I said.

I don't remember either the Xerox Alto or Xerox Staryou're the one who brought them up, in an attempt to prove something that no one has ever deniedthat the Lisa and the Macintosh were based on Xerox PARC's work, work which Apple licensed. Later some people decided that Apple should have paid much more than Xerox asked (!) for this work, and that somehow was a black mark against them. The fact remains that none of this excellent work done at Xerox PARC would ever have seen the light of day had Apple not licensed it and based successful products on it. (The Mac, not the Lisa, obviously). Xerox was run by troglodytic morons who didn't know what they were sitting on, and all those designs would now at best be gathering dust in some storage warehouseand that's at best!

Anyway, this is a dead thread, and I won't be checking back to see if you've come up with more denials of what you've been going on about for days, or more attempts at diversion. Since your hatred for Steve Jobs has obviously driven you completely insane, I invite you to stop commenting on an Apple-oriented siteyou'll give yourself an ulcer.


You are the typical AI idiot, you are welcome to your thoughts, I can only conclude two things from your postings, either you are about to hit your teenage years, or your family should let you go into that nursing home (since you can't remember the Star or Alto, I can't tell if you are demented (look I can do that to), or a teenager). Please remember that you can go back through these threads and prove you are an idiot.

Oh, and I see you finish this off the typical AI way as well, finally click someone has proved you wrong, start to cry, insult them and run away.

Good luck with life...
post #300 of 304
I created a couple visual charts, comparing the iPhone with the Galaxy S and the F700 (as an example of what Samsung's phone looked like before the iPhone had any influence on design). Apple's trademarks are then broken out line by line to see how they hold up against both of Samsung's phones. Also reviewed are the iPad vs Tab and Samsung's UMPC before the iPad, the Q1; and packaging for all 6 devices. If you're interested in what Apple is suing for, this is a pretty good visual guide to why they think Samsung's devices/packaging are infringing.

http://peanutbuttereggdirt.com/e/?p=218
post #301 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny5k View Post

If you're interested in what Apple is suing for, this is a pretty good visual guide to why they think Samsung's devices/packaging are infringing.

http://peanutbuttereggdirt.com/e/?p=218

Actually, yes it is.
post #302 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny5k View Post

I created a couple visual charts, comparing the iPhone with the Galaxy S and the F700 (as an example of what Samsung's phone looked like before the iPhone had any influence on design). Apple's trademarks are then broken out line by line to see how they hold up against both of Samsung's phones. Also reviewed are the iPad vs Tab and Samsung's UMPC before the iPad, the Q1; and packaging for all 6 devices. If you're interested in what Apple is suing for, this is a pretty good visual guide to why they think Samsung's devices/packaging are infringing.

http://peanutbuttereggdirt.com/e/?p=218

Fantastic graphs. Welcome to the forum.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #303 of 304
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/sold-...-ke850-434582/

Wasn't exactly a new style of box even for mobile phones?... altho they did change the shape of it... and probably something else i cannot see from those few images. The classic ipods at the time were not like the prada tho, box wise.

I feel most of the icon stuff is kind of ridiculous... things like the notes icon? i mean how many post it note icons are there in the world, they all look like the same thing... post it notes!

Of course all the little things aligning all at once in a similar fashion... yeah.

Still think the whole things a little overblown tho.

Reminds me how some gamers think WOW was the first MMO and any subsequent mmo is a wow clone... and everyone just throws out the history and cross pollination of ideas from different genres/games/etc. Blizzard took something existing, changed it a bit, polished the heck out of it and it went mainstream... apple did the same here... they introduced some nice new things but also made use of other things that had been around for quite some time already.
post #304 of 304
Y go with something that looks like apple products I'd rather have the real deal !!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Android fans accuse Apple of copying Samsung first