or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Happy Easter!

Happy Easter!

post #1 of 26
I wanted to wish you all a Happy Easter!

May you and yours be Blessed!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seRyrrFeG0g

Fellows

MATTHEW 28
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34

post #2 of 26
Yes, happy pagan spring holiday to all. I'm not sure why you're celebrating it, Fellows. Doesn't seem very Christian to celebrate a pagan festival.

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
post #3 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Yes, happy pagan spring holiday to all. I'm not sure why you're celebrating it, Fellows. Doesn't seem very Christian to celebrate a pagan festival.

Yes, it is sort of like Democrats voting that Peace prize winning warmonger into office who keeps torture centers open, and mindlessly invades countries for their oil while letting gas at home head over four dollars and rapidly climb toward five.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #4 of 26
Quote:

Seems like a "tea party argument". That may have been what it used to be, but things have changed, whether you like it or not.

Happy easter to you all. He is risen indeed!
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
post #5 of 26

Remember if anyone doubts the claims of Jesus, they are just hateful birthers.

post #6 of 26
Only trumpetman can turn a little playful religious jabbing into full-on partisan nonsense.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #7 of 26
You all are funny!

post #8 of 26
Quote:

Only trumpetman can turn a little playful religious jabbing into full-on partisan nonsense.

It wasn't very playful. Don't be a douche.
Cat: the other white meat
Cat: the other white meat
post #9 of 26
Fellows knows I said it with a twinkle in my eye. Relax silly billy. Don't get your rabbit's foot twisted in a bunch.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #10 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellowship View Post

I wanted to wish you all a Happy Easter!

May you and yours be Blessed!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seRyrrFeG0g

Fellows

MATTHEW 28

Shalom to all and happy holidays.
post #11 of 26
I love all you folks! BR holds a special place in my heart as I find his stubborn tenacity a quality (don't tell anyone)..

But I wanted to share this thought today which is not my own but one in which I am honored to endorse and agree with completely:

"Good Friday is the mirror held up by Jesus so that we can see ourselves in all our stark reality, and then it turns us to that cross and to his eyes and we hear these words, "Father forgive them for they know not what they do." That's us! And so we know beyond a shadow of a doubt that if we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves. We see in that cross a love so amazing so divine that it loves us even when we turn away from it, or spurn it, or crucify it. There is no faith in Jesus without understanding that on the cross we see into the heart of God and find it filled with mercy for the sinner whoever he or she may be."

Robert G. Trache

post #12 of 26
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqrqPGt11bA&feature

Be Blessed. Watch this one in full screen view.

Fellows

post #13 of 26
II Corinthians 5: 17-20

17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! 18 All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: 19 that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting peoples sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. 20 We are therefore Christs ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christs behalf: Be reconciled to God.

Fellows

post #14 of 26
"At least 24 Filipinos were nailed to crosses to re-enact Jesus Christ's suffering in a Good Friday rite rejected by Catholic church leaders but witnessed by throngs of believers and thousands of tourists.

Ruben Enaje, a 50-year-old sign painter, screamed in pain as villagers dressed as Roman centurions hammered four-inch stainless steel nails through his palms and set him aloft on a cross under a brutal sun in San Pedro Cutud in Pampanga.

It was Enaje's 25th crucifixion. He says surviving nearly unscathed when he fell from a three-story building in 1985 prompted him to observe the rite."
~ http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011...rist-suffering
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
post #15 of 26
Stainless steel? What inauthentic wimps!

post #16 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Stainless steel? What inauthentic wimps!

Red tape?...
post #17 of 26
Quote:

It's Good Friday ... I thought they were celebrating the lynch-mob that crucified an innocent man.
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
post #18 of 26
That lynch mob was working exactly according to God's plan.

Happy Easter, Fellowship. If your beliefs give you and your family peace, joy and prosperity, without harming anyone whose beliefs might be different, then that's perfectly OK by me. Are you going to the Sunrise Service? Those springtime Texas sunrises must be gorgeous! All the best to you, and I mean that... in my hea-a-art.
post #19 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

That lynch mob was working exactly according to God's plan.

Happy Easter, Fellowship. If your beliefs give you and your family peace, joy and prosperity, without harming anyone whose beliefs might be different, then that's perfectly OK by me. Are you going to the Sunrise Service? Those springtime Texas sunrises must be gorgeous! All the best to you, and I mean that... in my hea-a-art.

Thanks tonton! I hope you and your family have a Happy Easter as well. I will not be at a sunrise service but my mom and her husband will be coming over to see the family and we will attend Church together later on to return to the house for a nice meal together.

May each of us have thankful hearts for all that we have been given!

Be Blessed!

Fellows

post #20 of 26
Happy God-Sacrificed-Himself-To-Himself-But-Not-Really-Since-He-Resurrected-Himself-Similar-To-Countless-Pagan-Spring-Deity-Rebirth-Myths-So-Let's-Continue-In-That-Pagan-Tradition-And-Celebrate-With-Rabbits-And-Eggs-But-Keep-That-Whole-Stealing-Pagan-Festival-Thing-On-The-Down-Low-Wink-Wink Day!

The real reason for the season?

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #21 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellowship View Post

I will not be at a sunrise service.....

Be Blessed!

Fellows

You disgraceful hyppocrite.....

Even I've been out worshipping Jesus, on my bike and during those 60 miles of my passion, Jesus reached out to me and left me somewhat redder in the face and arms than normal.

I hear you can get a block for that, something like that it reduces a multitude of lame evangelical comments into a single one by a factor of 50.

Im smearing it all over my screen as soon as I post.

post #22 of 26
post #23 of 26
Quote:

Happy God-Sacrificed-Himself-To-Himself-But-Not-Really-Since-He-Resurrected-Himself-Similar-To-Countless-Pagan-Spring-Deity-Rebirth-Myths-So-Let's-Continue-In-That-Pagan-Tradition-And-Celebrate-With-Rabbits-And-Eggs-But-Keep-That-Whole-Stealing-Pagan-Festival-Thing-On-The-Down-Low-Wink-Wink Day!

The real reason for the season?

Happy Easter to you too BR.
NoahJ
NoahJ
post #24 of 26
Its all hush hush at the moment, but it looks like CERN have found God.
post #25 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcUK View Post

Its all hush hush at the moment, but it looks like CERN have found God.

... and he's tiny!
post #26 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

... and he's tiny!

And French!

Sarkooooozy is God?
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Happy Easter!