or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › 10.7 problem with file vault - cannot access my data

10.7 problem with file vault - cannot access my data

post #1 of 3
I have done something quite stupid.

My original configuration was Mac OS 10.&.x, FileVault being turned on. As I thought that Mac os 10.7 Developper 2 was already safe (I always sued developper previews on iPhone without issues), I upgraded to 10.7. For a time, it was good. But too many bugs appeared and incompatibilities with installed softwar (I am the only one to blame).

I though going back to 10.6 with a fresh, clean install, since I thought that those issues would be resolved. I tried to install from Time Machine, but it appears that TimeMachine has changed from 10.6 to 10.7. So I was stuck with 10.6 empty, so to speak.

I then upgraded to 10.7 again, but unlike my CD for 10.6, there is no option to install from TimeMachine.

AND HERE COMES THE PROBLEM

I can find my x.sparesbundle, and mount it as an image file. I can see all my files (i.e. Documents, Pictures, Music etc.) but I CANNOT copy them (code error -36) to any other disk (whether local or external). I can also not use Disk Utility to repair the mounted image, as it says it is corrupted and needs to be cleaned and that I should back uo my files.

The problem is that I NEED these files, the loss of my music would be devastating, and also of my picutres. But mainly the Documents are extremely important.

Does anyone have an idea what I can do, or are my files lost forever?

(I have an administsrator account with the same username and password as I previously used)
post #2 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by spamandmessenger View Post

Does anyone have an idea what I can do, or are my files lost forever?

Do not use pirated developmental systems. Do not use developmental systems for your mission critical applications.
post #3 of 3
This amuses me.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac OS X
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › 10.7 problem with file vault - cannot access my data