or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Location tracking probe expands despite 2001 FCC law requiring all phones track users
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Location tracking probe expands despite 2001 FCC law requiring all phones track users - Page 4

post #121 of 127
Ah, you switched my question from Apple and Google a few years ago (Steve Jobs, long walks with Google founders, engineers sharing tech between the two companies, Google on stage side by side with Steve for the iPhone announcement) to "Gee, today they have to deal with them until they can be replaced".

Mel, it would be beyond reasonable to think Steve Jobs didn't know all about Google and how they worked. You only have to go back a few weeks here to find AI articles on how well they knew each other. Remember Google, CEO, Steve Jobs? If they were really evil and unethical, Mr. Jobs knew that, yet still did all he could to bring them on board at Apple, both literally and figuratively. They didn't just become who they are in the last 24 months.

So explain the reason why an "ethical" Apple bring a company on board as a high-profile partner with a special relationship if they were so obviously evil and dangerous as you so plainly see? That would make Apple equally as dangerous and evil since they were reported planning together on how to attack Microsoft's plans. Or Google is not the company you're trying to paint a picture of.
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
post #122 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Ah, you switched my question from Apple and Google a few years ago (Steve Jobs, long walks with Google founders, engineers sharing tech between the two companies, Google on stage side by side with Steve for the iPhone announcement) to "Gee, today they have to deal with them until they can be replaced".

Mel, it would be beyond reasonable to think Steve Jobs didn't know all about Google and how they worked. You only have to go back a few weeks here to find AI articles on how well they knew each other. Remember Google, CEO, Steve Jobs? If they were really evil and unethical, Mr. Jobs knew that, yet still did all he could to bring them on board at Apple, both literally and figuratively. They didn't just become who they are in the last 24 months.

So explain the reason why an "ethical" Apple bring a company on board as a high-profile partner with a special relationship if they were so obviously evil and dangerous as you so plainly see? That would make Apple equally as dangerous and evil since they were reported planning together on how to attack Microsoft's plans. Or Google is not the company you're trying to paint a picture of.

You seem to have cherrypicked from my post. I explained all of that. Besides, when Schmitt came aboard, he changed Google from what it was, and where it was going, but that took time, obviously.

Your attempt at logic is faulty. Google has evolved over the years. I don't believe that the founders expected Google to be what it is today, and from what we see now with Brinn back in charge, they're changing direction.

When you pick people to be on your board, you pick them for various reasons, one main reason is for visibility. It's not important what Google might be doing, as long as Schmitt was leading the company to be bigger and more profitable. That way, Apple could show that the people on the board are leaders in business.

But from what Google ended up doing to Apple, in the underhanded way they did, we can see the way Schmitt thinks. apple got rid of him in the end, which shows that they lost any trust for him that they had in the beginning. That should show you their thoughts on the matter, though I suspect that you will ignore it.
post #123 of 127
Nope. Far from ignoring it, your latest post supports my original statement. The attitude of Apple fans swung to "evil and unethical Google" because of the rumored Steve Jobs stabbed in the back" story. All was fine with the Apple followers until then and probably still would be if they hadn't had a falling out.

The attitudes have less to do with Google and more to do with "Steve's pissed at them" so you should be too.
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
post #124 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Nope. Far from ignoring it, your latest post supports my original statement. The attitude of Apple fans swung to "evil and unethical Google" because of the rumored Steve Jobs stabbed in the back" story. All was fine with the Apple followers until then and probably still would be if they hadn't had a falling out.

The attitudes have less to do with Google and more to do with "Steve's pissed at them" so you should be too.

You really are stretching your unsupportable position with commentary that misses the point, and simply doesn't understand the issue. I don't know if you are deliberately twisting what I say to meet your own desires, or you really have no idea of what I'm saying.
post #125 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by melgross View Post

But from what Google ended up doing to Apple, in the underhanded way they did, we can see the way Schmitt thinks. apple got rid of him in the end, which shows that they lost any trust for him that they had in the beginning. That should show you their thoughts on the matter, though I suspect that you will ignore it.

That's not cherry-picked Mel.

Your post is just another example of where the whole problem with Google started as far as AI and Apple fans are concerned.

Going by what you'd like to believe, they were "Good Google" when they were working with Apple, but then became "Evil Google" after that, and extremely dangerous. But not dangerous when they were on stage together with Apple just a couple years back, because we all "just know" that's not Apple.
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
post #126 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

That's not cherry-picked Mel.

Your post is just another example of where the whole problem with Google started as far as AI and Apple fans are concerned.

Going by what you'd like to believe, they were "Good Google" when they were working with Apple, but then became "Evil Google" after that, and extremely dangerous. But not dangerous when they were on stage together with Apple just a couple years back, because we all "just know" that's not Apple.

As with the rest of your posts here, you've gotten it backwards.
post #127 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by melgross View Post

The laws regarding privacy are still being worked out as regards the kinds of data we use today. Until the courts and Congress decide what can and can't be done, much of this may be unethical, even immoral, but not illegal. Unless and until it becomes so, all we can do is wave our fingers at them and say; shame.

Yes! I'd lost track of this thread, but this is exactly true. And even as far as the iPhone "tracking" issues, until the laws are updated, we are at the mercy of these companies' word not to change their mind or mislead the public.

I believe Apple is one of the "good guys" and they (generally) tell the truth about what happens behind their closed walls. But that's now, today, and things can change. Management changes, times change. Data that's transmitted to Apple privately, without a user's direct acknowledgement (and understanding) can change at any time, and it's not illegal. Privacy laws need to be updated, and it needs to happen soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Nope. Far from ignoring it, your latest post supports my original statement. The attitude of Apple fans swung to "evil and unethical Google" because of the rumored Steve Jobs stabbed in the back" story. All was fine with the Apple followers until then and probably still would be if they hadn't had a falling out.

The attitudes have less to do with Google and more to do with "Steve's pissed at them" so you should be too.

I think there's a lot of this in the public at large, but in my own case, personally, not at all. As soon as I saw how powerful Google was getting with their fingers in so many different aspects of people's lives, I started pulling out of their "conveniences". It's not that Google is evil, it's that they are incredibly dangerous, being in control of that much personal information.
No Matte == No Sale :-(
Reply
No Matte == No Sale :-(
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Location tracking probe expands despite 2001 FCC law requiring all phones track users
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Location tracking probe expands despite 2001 FCC law requiring all phones track users