or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Obama Releases "Birth Certificate"

Obama Releases "Birth Certificate"

post #1 of 119
Here is an excellent version of the story, complete with enlarged photos and potential problems: http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/...ovement-098513

OK, so it's really the certificate of live birth. When I read the headline, I thought that would finally put an end to everything "birther" related. Funny thing, though...I think it's going to make a pesky issue a potentially explosive one. See, here's the thing: This could well be a fraud. Check out the article, and then the first comment:

Quote:
I noticed the possible "layers" in this document almost immediately. When I had the .pdf file of the BC open in my browser then used Command + Tab (on an Apple computer), to switch to another app, I noticed that the majority of the text disappeared. I recreated the effect numerous times. As others have suggested, when you open the BC in Acrobat (full version) and strip out the "Metadata" and "Deleted or cropped content" this SAME EXACT TEXT disappears leaving only a few bits of type, date stamps and all or part of three signatures: his mother, the attendant and the local registrar. Also, some of the digits used in the Aug. 8, 1961 date stamp disappear. The full background and the April 25, 2011 stamp remain. I am making no "birther" claims, but CLEARLY this document has been altered. If it had been photographed or scanned, the pixels containing all the information (the document background, the type, the signatures, date stamps and the check marks) would be part of ONE pixelated image. As someone who uses Photoshop/Adobe Creative Suite daily, it is my belief that had the BC been scanned or photographed, the layering would not happen. Again, I am making NO "birther" claims or conclusions. But I believe this document has been altered.

Of course, I'm open to the possibility this is some sort of false flag operation by the birthers. Theoretically, they could plant a fake, knowing it would be discovered and hope that Obama himself gets the blame. Who knows. This is getting interesting.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #2 of 119
SDW, you're acting like a fool. You can't be serious in questioning this, can you?

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...athan-goulding

Conservative magazine, The National Review, explains why the layers exist. They even replicate how the layers come to exist on something they scanned.

This isn't getting interesting. This was never interesting. This was always fucking stupid. The fact you buy into the hype over this garbage doesn't speak very well about your ability to have an adult discussion about adult issues.

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
post #3 of 119
This thread title is an absolute fucking embarrassment to PoliticalOutsider. As shitty and uncouth as the discussions here often are, this thread has clearly reached a new low. SDW, for your sake and the sake of this forum, ask the mods to edit the thread title and remove the quotes.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #4 of 119
Right, BR...the possibility that President isn't eligible to hold office isn't an "adult" issue. This issue doesn't exist for "no reason." There are real discrepancies in his background. There are real questions, ones that he refuses to address. He has STILL not released his ACTUAL birth certificate. Does it not exist? Does it show something he doesn't want known? Is it just missing? What reason, BR, could he have for not releasing it?

Now again, I am not claiming he was born outside the US. My inclination is to believe he was born here. But there are questions he could answer easily...but he refuses. I find that very odd and troubling.

As for your two posts, I find them offensive. I can post topics about what I choose. If you don't want to discuss the issue. then don't. But don't come in here acting like a jackass, hurling insults. It's uncalled for.
post #5 of 119
Another childish issue...from your very own link:

Quote:
A comment from the Smoking Gun piece:

"I just checked the official web site for Kapiolani Maternity & Gynecological Hospital and according to the information there, the name of the hospital at the time of his birth should have been Kauikeolani Children's Hospital. According to the web site the name didn't change to Kapiolani Maternity & Gynecological Hospital until Kauikeolani Children's Hospital merged with Kapi‘olani Maternity Home in 1978. So how could his official long form birth certificate that was generated in 1961 have the name of the hospital that wasn't created until 1978? "

Hmmm.
post #6 of 119
You mean what someone put in the COMMENTS SECTION of an article? You mean someone OTHER THAN THE AUTHOR actually COPIED SOMETHING FROM YOUR LINK into the COMMENTS SECTION of a DIFFERENT ARTICLE?

HMM WHAT EXACTLY?

Hmm, you misrepresent the fuck out of the article I linked? Hmm, you can't comprehend that the author did not write that comment? Hmm, you can't tell the fucking difference between an article and its comments section?

This thread is the Challenger Deep of stupidity.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #7 of 119
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

post #8 of 119
The Conservative movement went astray when they started actually believing their own bullshit conspiracy theories.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #9 of 119
If only religious people went through as much effort scrutinizing their own faiths instead of this absolute nonsense...

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #10 of 119
Thank you misterbaxter in the Guardians comment section-

"In British politics this kind of thing is known as a Heffalump Trap, after the episode in Winnie the Pooh in which Pooh and Piglet construct an enormous and very badly-concealed pit in which to trap a Heffalump, a huge beast that looks quite a lot like an elephant.
The term is used in the UK to refer to something that in retrospect a politician or party really should have seen coming, but didn't, instead blundering straight in. Trump makes a fine Heffalump, and the elephant symbolism just adds a pleasingly neat touch."
~ http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...tificateration

post #11 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

The Conservative movement went astray when they started actually believing their own bullshit conspiracy theories.

Speaking of believing bullshitters, Obama released his long form birth certificate today because the country has profoundly pressing and serious problems and it is time to stop all this silliness and the distractions.

Then he spent the next several hours going on the The Oprah Show.

The man is the gift that keeps on giving!

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #12 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Speaking of believing bullshitters, Obama released his long form birth certificate today because the country has profoundly pressing and serious problems and it is time to stop all this silliness and the distractions.

Then he spent the next several hours going on the The Oprah Show.

The man is the gift that keeps on giving!

He truly is a piece of work.

Quote:
"Can I just say I was there, so I knew," Obama said. "I knew I had been born. I remembered it."

"Of course you did," Winfrey said.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

post #13 of 119
Well, it is official.

Right wing America is trivia-obssessed and hysterical and an embarrassment to the kind of political discourse that makes progress and solutions possible.

That's the only possible interpretation to be made from this abject, depressing, ingenuous and rhetorically damaged string of sheepshit pretending to be a thread.

Official. (Again.)
post #14 of 119
POTUS employs shoddy and lazy graphic designers to cover up that he isn't a real American-

Quote from BigZit at InfoWarts-

"BigZee says:
April 28, 2011 at 5:44 am
What’s up warrior’s. I am a professional Graphic Designer of 8+ years, and yes this is an absolute fake. The same thing can be accomplished if you create a file in Photoshop, with layers, then save it as a .pdf. If you open that file in Illustrator it will appear to be a flat file, as the birth cert does. One problem, Illustrator will show you exactly where the layers existed, just as this does…
One would think that the Executive Branch of this country would have some better graphic designers, hell I could have done a better one, but I WILL NOT become a puppet as well.
Just so all you warriors out there know I live in the Metro Detroit area and have passed this along to all the major news outlets, yeah I know I can hear you guys now…lol and the local morning radio shows. Just hoping that this gets some much needed attention."
~ http://www.infowars.com/new-obama-bi...-is-a-forgery/

post #15 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Here is an excellent version of the story, complete with enlarged photos and potential problems: http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/...ovement-098513

OK, so it's really the certificate of live birth. When I read the headline, I thought that would finally put an end to everything "birther" related. Funny thing, though...I think it's going to make a pesky issue a potentially explosive one. See, here's the thing: This could well be a fraud. Check out the article, and then the first comment:

Of course, I'm open to the possibility this is some sort of false flag operation by the birthers. Theoretically, they could plant a fake, knowing it would be discovered and hope that Obama himself gets the blame. Who knows. This is getting interesting.

Let it rest already.This is nonsense that the birthers started.Trump just took the role over from them and now he looks like an asshole when Obama proved his was born in the United States.There are many more important things than this such as jobs, deficits rising,wars,the economy and more.
post #16 of 119
Quote:

You mean what someone put in the COMMENTS SECTION of an article? You mean someone OTHER THAN THE AUTHOR actually COPIED SOMETHING FROM YOUR LINK into the COMMENTS SECTION of a DIFFERENT ARTICLE?

HMM WHAT EXACTLY?

Hmm, you misrepresent the fuck out of the article I linked? Hmm, you can't comprehend that the author did not write that comment? Hmm, you can't tell the fucking difference between an article and its comments section?

This thread is the Challenger Deep of stupidity.

Dude, relax. You're really wound tight lately. I didn't misrepresent anything. I posted a comment from the article (and one from a different one, but that was another post...I identified it as a comment).

I really don't see why you're acting out like this. I've stated clearly on many occasions that I'm not a birther and I believe Obama was born in Hawaii. However, this topic is dominating political news this week. Now perhaps it shouldn't, be, but it is. And as I've stated, there are still questions that are not answered. These seem simple questions, the answers to which would be simple to provide and effective and shutting down the entire issue. It frankly amazes me that the media won't ask these questions about the the man who holds the most powerful office in the world. There are discrepancies in his personal background that doesn't even have to refuse to answer, because the questions are never pushed in the first place.

Anyone who refuses to address or even ASK these questions is either a partisan hack, in denial, or perhaps not very smart. Here are some of these questions:

1. Where is the "actual" birth certificate? If not available, why not just state that?
2. How does one explain the fact that the name "Kapiolani Maternity & Gynecological Hospital" wasn't used until 1978?
3. What about the subtle differences described here? http://www.infowars.com/new-obama-bi...e-is-a-forgery. Infowars is hardly right-wing.

So you tell me, BR. Who is the stupid one here...the person that states he believes Obama was born in Hawaii but wonders about the above questions, or the one that flatly accepts everything at face value? You don't find anything odd about this?
post #17 of 119
Quote before Obama releases birth certificate-

SDW2001-

"As for the "birther" thing: I think there is a lot more to that. Don't get me wrong..I've seen no definitive evidence of him being born in Kenya. That said, I've seen some anecdotal evidence to that point. I'm also starting to wonder lately: If this debate is really so insanely stupid, why not just release the birth certificate everyone claims exists? Recent polling suggests a very significant number of Americans believe he's not a natural-born citizen. Why not end the debate and make the birthers look like fools once and for all? As I said, right now I accept that he IS natural-born citizen, but I do wonder."
~ http://forums.appleinsider.com/showthread.php?t=121135

Quote after Obama releases birth certificate-

SDW2001-

"And as I've stated, there are still questions that are not answered. These seem simple questions, the answers to which would be simple to provide and effective and shutting down the entire issue. It frankly amazes me that the media won't ask these questions about the the man who holds the most powerful office in the world. There are discrepancies in his personal background that doesn't even have to refuse to answer, because the questions are never pushed in the first place.
Anyone who refuses to address or even ASK these questions is either a partisan hack, in denial, or perhaps not very smart. Here are some of these questions:

1. Where is the "actual" birth certificate? If not available, why not just state that?
2. How does one explain the fact that the name "Kapiolani Maternity & Gynecological Hospital" wasn't used until 1978?
3. What about the subtle differences described here? http://www.infowars.com/new-obama-bi...e-is-a-forgery. Infowars is hardly right-wing."

To answer your question, nothing will stop the endless conspiracy theories. A new one is born every minute of every day.

post #18 of 119
Obama actively encouraged this whole ordeal by not releasing this two years ago.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
post #19 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

Obama actively encouraged this whole ordeal by not releasing this two years ago.

Looks like that wouldn't have made much difference to the conspiracy theorists.

post #20 of 119
^ That's true.

Truthers and Birthers cut from the same cloth.
post #21 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

Let it rest already.This is nonsense that the birthers started.Trump just took the role over from them and now he looks like an asshole when Obama proved his was born in the United States.There are many more important things than this such as jobs, deficits rising,wars,the economy and more.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_..._of_the_claims

Actually, nonsense that Hillary Clintons supporters started. And yes, there are many important things going on. So are you retracting your other thread now with this statement? Be big enough to state when you are wrong if you believe so in your own threads.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
post #22 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

Yes and we should really as a people question why the media prefers to focus on the birth place routine rather than all those negatives.

It's pretty simple. When they are addressing the birth place issue they can lambast the president's critics and ignore all the real problems. They do this because instead of being news organizations, they are presidential cheerleaders.

I go to CNN.com this morning on the day after this event and here are the top political stories.
  • Marginalizing president didn't start with Obama
  • Trump: 'Our leader is incompetent'
  • See Obama's birth certificate
  • Is the 'birther' debate finally over?
  • How Congress wrecked the budget

Top 5 from ABC
  • Trump, in N.H., Declares Birth Certificate Victory
  • Obama Talks 'Birthers' with Oprah
  • The Case Against Petraeus
  • Since Obama Released His Birth Certificate, Will Trump Release His Tax Returns?
  • GOP's Fringe Out in Front

Top 5 at CBS
The birther controversy: Who's to blame?
United Nations fails to unite on Syria violence
Schieffer: Racism underlying Trump's assertions
Family of doctor who delivered Obama "honored"
Report: Pelosi faced shooting threat last year

MSNBC
  • Publisher of upcoming 'birther' book makes no apologies
  • Obama goes to NYC for money, Chicago for Oprah
  • Analysis: Obama had no choice in 'birther' fight
  • Obama puts new national security team in place
  • Push for Pentagon cuts tops Panetta's agenda

Fox News
  • Gas Prices, Bad Weather Slow Economy in First Quarter
  • Obama Prepares to Announce New National Security Team
  • 'Birther' Coverage Not Dominant, Study Says
  • Clock Ticking, Congress Poised to Resume Debate on Libya Intervention

Top political news at that evil supposedly biased Fox News? The economy and the many aspects of it that are bad. What are the others covering? Republicans and how they are racist, extremists and violent.

Like most things Democrats complain about, the real cause of birtherism is liberals, their worldview and their own biases. The media desperately desires to focus on something other than the economy because it has been terrible for the entire Obama presidency and now trillions in "stimulus" have not altered that fact. So what can they use for news since the only real news out there is all terrible for the president and the Democratic Party? Simple, you keep running with your biases and generating news to reinforce your echo chamber.

Birtherism, it isn't a Republican problem. It is a sad reflection of liberal media organizations and how they cover their biases rather than the news.

post #23 of 119
Quote:

Yes and we should really as a people question why the media prefers to focus on the birth place routine rather than all those negatives.

It's pretty simple. When they are addressing the birth place issue they can lambast the president's critics and ignore all the real problems. They do this because instead of being news organizations, they are presidential cheerleaders.

I go to CNN.com this morning on the day after this event and here are the top political stories.
  • Marginalizing president didn't start with Obama
  • Trump: 'Our leader is incompetent'
  • See Obama's birth certificate
  • Is the 'birther' debate finally over?
  • How Congress wrecked the budget

Top 5 from ABC
  • Trump, in N.H., Declares Birth Certificate Victory
  • Obama Talks 'Birthers' with Oprah
  • The Case Against Petraeus
  • Since Obama Released His Birth Certificate, Will Trump Release His Tax Returns?
  • GOP's Fringe Out in Front

Top 5 at CBS
The birther controversy: Who's to blame?
United Nations fails to unite on Syria violence
Schieffer: Racism underlying Trump's assertions
Family of doctor who delivered Obama "honored"
Report: Pelosi faced shooting threat last year

MSNBC
  • Publisher of upcoming 'birther' book makes no apologies
  • Obama goes to NYC for money, Chicago for Oprah
  • Analysis: Obama had no choice in 'birther' fight
  • Obama puts new national security team in place
  • Push for Pentagon cuts tops Panetta's agenda

Fox News
  • Gas Prices, Bad Weather Slow Economy in First Quarter
  • 'Birther' Coverage Not Dominant, Study Says
  • Clock Ticking, Congress Poised to Resume Debate on Libya Intervention

Top political news at that evil supposedly biased Fox News? The economy and the many aspects of it that are bad. What are the others covering? Republicans and how they are racist, extremists and violent.

Like most things Democrats complain about, the real cause of birtherism is liberals, their worldview and their own biases. The media desperately desires to focus on something other than the economy because it has been terrible for the entire Obama presidency and now trillions in "stimulus" have not altered that fact. So what can they use for news since the only real news out there is all terrible for the president and the Democratic Party? Simple, you keep running with your biases and generating news to reinforce your echo chamber.

Birtherism, it isn't a Republican problem. It is a sad reflection of liberal media organizations and how they cover their biases rather than the news.

Try the Guardian. There's no mention of Obama's roots on the front page-

"Ex-chief of Bahrain 'torture service' to attend wedding

Ambassador to UK was previously in charge of Bahraini agency that is accused of electric shocks and beatings
UK flying school suspends Bahrainis for protesting
Bahrain to execute Shia protesters
UK firm offered spy software to Egypt
Police raid squats ahead of wedding
MP accuses Met of launching pre-emptive strikes to head off protests but Scotland Yard denies connection
Kate Middleton will not vow to 'obey' prince
Syrian ambassador's royal wedding invite withdrawn
Was it right to disinvite Syrian ambassador?
Hundreds killed in US tornadoes
Death toll exceeds 220, with more than 100 killed in Alabama alone and dozens in other states
Deadly tornado sweeps through Alabama

Where do tornadoes come from?
Syria ruling party hit by resignations
Hundreds of Ba'ath party members resign over reaction to uprising, which has claimed at least 500 lives
Middle East unrest latest updates
Top university's links to Syrian regime revealed
UN fails to agree on condemning Syria
Morocco cafe explosion kills 14

Officials suspect 'criminal act' after blast in Marrakech's Jamaa el-Fna square, popular with foreign tourists
Bosnia faces worst crisis since war
Serb leader's secessionist policies are leading to political paralysis, warns top international official
Tomlinson jury can blame Met officer

Coroner says jury can return verdict of unlawful killing if they think actions were dangerous and had intent
China 'backsliding on human rights'
Senior US envoy puts pressure on Beijing over detained and missing dissidents during diplomatic talks
Rooney could be hacking victim

England striker considers suing News of the World after police say his phone may have been targeted by Glenn Mulcaire
Wary praise for Hamas-Fatah truce
Celebration in Gaza dispersed by police wielding batons while Ramallah is more concerned with football
Nepalese choir missing on trip to UK
Ten singers who flew in for the Cornwall choir festival landed in London but then disappeared
St Andrews looks to admit women."
~ http://www.guardian.co.uk/

post #24 of 119
Hawaii should release Obama's birth certificate for a no-holds barred, *independent* (ie non-government, non-White House influenced) scientifically rigorous, forensic investigation, with no secrecy and true transparency. (Obviously, good science is unlikely (or even impossible) be when part of the government investigates another part of the government).

Obama holds the worlds most visible office. His eligibility to hold that office should be held to the same degree of importance as the job itself. Submitting that certificate should not be any problem for him, if it is genuine and untampered. He has nothing to lose, except the doubt still held by a large segment of the population.

Donald Trump, who a week or two ago claimed that "he had information that the US public will be shocked by" as regards Obama's birth certificate has proven himself little other than a pompous, opportunist charlatan, taking "credit" for this latest turn of events when he should be eating crow.
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
post #25 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

Well, it is official.

Right wing America is trivia-obssessed and hysterical and an embarrassment to the kind of political discourse that makes progress and solutions possible.

That's the only possible interpretation to be made from this abject, depressing, ingenuous and rhetorically damaged string of sheepshit pretending to be a thread.

Official. (Again.)

rAmen.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #26 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Try the Guardian. There's no mention of Obama's roots on the front page-

The Guardian likely wouldn't be considered part of the liberal media complex here in America trying to protect President Obama.

The point remains, if Republicans are not considered to be those watching these liberal media sources, why are those sources spending all this time continually bringing up and revisiting the birth place of President Obama rather than cover real news?

If the news stations were catering to the biases of their viewers as presented on here, Fox News would be the 24/7 where the hell was Obama born channel? Meanwhile CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS and NBC would be completely ignoring the matter like they have dozens of others.

Yet that isn't at all what is happening. It is quite the opposite which means that birtherism isn't a conservative concern or newsworthy cause but more like a issue that the liberal media complex can use to to constantly revisit and pointificate about how racist and violent the right side of the aisle happens to be.

The real news is the economy, entitlements, government spending, the cost of gas, tornadoes, etc. If someone really wanted to investigate some news right now, they should be asking why Obama is fundraising and going on Oprah when states are having massive carnage from natural disasters.

This isn't Bush doing a fly over on Katrina. This is Obama pocketing cash and visiting media allies while people are suffering.

post #27 of 119
John Scalzi of whatever.scalzi.com again puts it very well:

Quote:
Obama’s Birth Certificate: It’s times like these that one has to make a conscious act of will to remember that in fact Americans are not getting stupider, they’ve always believed idiotic things about the politicians they hate. Believing that Obama was not born in the US long ago got placed on my list of Things That Suggest You May Be a Willful Moron, along with believing in horoscopes, being against immunizations, arguing against evolution and thinking 9/11 was an inside job (note: this is not a complete list), so it’s not entirely surprising to me that the President releasing the long-form birth certificate doesn’t satisfy the birthers at all. Morons can’t help being morons; most of them like being morons. Also, there’s money (and/or votes) to be had continuing to argue to other morons that you’re right in the face of all reasonable evidence.

The best you can say about it is that if you ever believed Obama was not a US citizen, you might have been a moron, but if you still believe it, well, now you’re definitely an ultra moron. So well done you. Honestly, people who are unhappy with the president have lots of genuine and legitimate reasons to be be unhappy with him. Focusing on his birth just indicates your inherent ridiculousness and unseriousness.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #28 of 119
Quote:

Quote before Obama releases birth certificate-

SDW2001-

"As for the "birther" thing: I think there is a lot more to that. Don't get me wrong..I've seen no definitive evidence of him being born in Kenya. That said, I've seen some anecdotal evidence to that point. I'm also starting to wonder lately: If this debate is really so insanely stupid, why not just release the birth certificate everyone claims exists? Recent polling suggests a very significant number of Americans believe he's not a natural-born citizen. Why not end the debate and make the birthers look like fools once and for all? As I said, right now I accept that he IS natural-born citizen, but I do wonder."
~ http://forums.appleinsider.com/showthread.php?t=121135

Quote after Obama releases birth certificate-

SDW2001-

"And as I've stated, there are still questions that are not answered. These seem simple questions, the answers to which would be simple to provide and effective and shutting down the entire issue. It frankly amazes me that the media won't ask these questions about the the man who holds the most powerful office in the world. There are discrepancies in his personal background that doesn't even have to refuse to answer, because the questions are never pushed in the first place.

3. What about the subtle differences described here? http://www.infowars.com/new-obama-bi...e-is-a-forgery. Infowars is hardly right-wing."

To answer your question, nothing will stop the endless conspiracy theories. A new one is born every minute of every day.

That's not true. There are serious problems with what was released. It's not an actual birth certificate. A copy of the ACTUAL birth certificate (not the long form abstract) would end this, providing that it looked credible and didn't have suspect items on it. This document has multiple problems with it. That's why it's not over.

And despite all the problems with the document, people like you are still running around screaming "shut up you ignoramus! It s real! Nothing will satisfy you! Let's move on!" People like you did the same thing in 2004 when CBS ran the Bush/National Guard story. And yet people the people saying "hey, wait a minute..." are the kooks. Right.
post #29 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

Hawaii should release Obama's birth certificate for a no-holds barred, *independent* (ie non-government, non-White House influenced) scientifically rigorous, forensic investigation, with no secrecy and true transparency. (Obviously, good science is unlikely (or even impossible) be when part of the government investigates another part of the government).

Obama holds the worlds most visible office. His eligibility to hold that office should be held to the same degree of importance as the job itself. Submitting that certificate should not be any problem for him, if it is genuine and untampered. He has nothing to lose, except the doubt still held by a large segment of the population.

Donald Trump, who a week or two ago claimed that "he had information that the US public will be shocked by" as regards Obama's birth certificate has proven himself little other than a pompous, opportunist charlatan, taking "credit" for this latest turn of events when he should be eating crow.

Holy crap. We agree on something. Maybe two things.
post #30 of 119
Quote:

John Scalzi of whatever.scalzi.com again puts it very well:

Yes, yes...true enlightened thinkers ignore any and all questions about their beliefs.
post #31 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

That's not true. There are serious problems with what was released. It's not an actual birth certificate. A copy of the ACTUAL birth certificate (not the long form abstract) would end this, providing that it looked credible and didn't have suspect items on it. This document has multiple problems with it. That's why it's not over.

And despite all the problems with the document, people like you are still running around screaming "shut up you ignoramus! It s real! Nothing will satisfy you! Let's move on!" People like you did the same thing in 2004 when CBS ran the Bush/National Guard story. And yet people the people saying "hey, wait a minute..." are the kooks. Right.

What's the title of this thread you started?

I personally think that nothing less than Obama resigning and handing himself over to homeland security would satisfy the kooks.

Obama: Illegal alien, born in Kenya and an extremist Muslim terrorist, hired and shaped by the CIA to destroy America as part of a globalist plot to bring America down to the standard of living of all other countries and to strip Americans of their individual sense of identity.

post #32 of 119
Quote:

What's the title of this thread you started?

I personally think that nothing less than Obama resigning and handing himself over to homeland security would satisfy the kooks.

Obama: Illegal alien, born in Kenya and an extremist Muslim terrorist, hired and shaped by the CIA to destroy America as part of a globalist plot to bring America down to the standard of living of all other countries and to strip Americans of their individual sense of identity.

This is where Tonton should swing in and rant on Hyperbole. There is no possible middle ground in your views of others is there?
NoahJ
NoahJ
post #33 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

This is where Tonton should swing in and rant on Hyperbole. There is no possible middle ground in your views of others is there?

NoahJ it's great to know that everything I say can be taken out of context and twisted to be used against me, but I don't think I need as many reminders from you. Thanks all the same.

post #34 of 119
Looks like some other folks are starting to catch on.

DailyCaller.com

Quote:
Washington Post columnist Dana Milbank questioned Obamas swift jump into the birther story, too, and points out that NBC opted to go live with the presidents birth certificate statements only because it had previously expected a national security announcement.

Instead, Obama decided to draw the nations attention to the conspiracy theory suggesting that he was not born in America, Milbank wrote. He was stooping to address this oft-disproved canard, he said, because the media had turned it into the nations No. 1 news story.

Former deputy White House press secretary Scott Stanzel told The Daily Caller that the documents release and Obamas appearance in the White House briefing room to talk about it only elevated the story. His appearance on Oprah shortly thereafter made the story even bigger, and then he joked about the conspiracy theory at 2012 campaign fundraisers Wednesday night.

President Obama said hed made this decision a couple weeks ago, Stanzel said. I dont understand why it takes two weeks to produce the document. In my view, the White House generally doesnt try to release news in a haphazard way. Having the president of the United States show up in the press briefing room like this, they had to know it would be front page news.

New York Times pollster Nate Silver said, too, that the White House probably isnt complaining about the boom in birther coverage since it has shielded Obama from other, more important issues. Lots of mediocre polling and economic numbers for Obama today, Silver tweeted. I dont think hed protest if media devoted another 72 hrs to birther crap.

If that was the White House strategy, it appears to be working. A quick sweep of the front-page headlines of major U.S. newspapers Thursday revealed little coverage of Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernankes first-ever press conference. Also, the birth certificate release topped the Fed presser in many newspapers that gave front-page attention to it.

The only major national newspaper that didnt run a front-page story about Obamas long-form birth certificate release on Thursday morning was the Wall Street Journal.

This is a liberal media distraction and is being used to avoid not just real news, but really, really bad news for President Obama.

post #35 of 119
Quote:

Looks like some other folks are starting to catch on.

DailyCaller.com

This is a liberal media distraction and is being used to avoid not just real news, but really, really bad news for President Obama.

The thing is, so many repubs believed it. That's what's made this shit happen and the likes of Fox News have been the platform for these nut job conspiracy theories, indeed they've wanted to stir it up.

Here's SDW2001 again-

"I'm also starting to wonder lately: If this debate is really so insanely stupid, why not just release the birth certificate everyone claims exists? Recent polling suggests a very significant number of Americans believe he's not a natural-born citizen."

...and followed by the now infamous-

"Why not end the debate and make the birthers look like fools once and for all?"

Donald Trump, leading contender for the Republican nominee for POTUS, makes it the main focus of his trivial Trumpomination TV appearances, hoping to hawl in more suckers, so Obama splats him like an annoying fly and now, guess what, it's all that bad Kenyan's fault.

post #36 of 119
Quote:

The thing is, so many repubs believed it. That's what's made this shit happen and the likes of Fox News have been the platform for these nut job conspiracy theories, indeed they've wanted to stir it up.

Many people were interested in it. Many MORE people are interested in not having the nation go backrupt and perhaps also in being employed.

I've noted on here a half-dozen times the start of this all had nothing to do with Fox News. It was the NY Times dropping the fact that McCain might not be eligible right after he was the presumed nominee but literally days before the final election that locked him in as the nominee. I defy anyone to find an attempt to go into Obama's birthplace and eligibility before the date of that article. That started it all by wondering whether McCain was eligible due to having been born in the U.S. controlled Panama canal.

As for the tit for tat up until the election, I see that as justified. It's politics. It happens on both sides and it is a legitimate concern up until that point.

Quote:
Donald Trump, leading contender for the Republican nominee for POTUS, makes it the main focus of his trivial Trumpomination TV appearances, hoping to hawl in more suckers, so Obama splats him like an annoying fly and now, guess what, it's all that bad Kenyan's fault.

Trump is part of the same nonsense. Regardless of what a poll may or may not show, no one who is registered Republican and is the base is going to show up and vote for him in all these primaries. The man is a blank slate right now, much like how Obama was at first. Only while Obama clearly went through a lot of trouble to hide his past, Trump has no such luxury and is on the record saying plenty of idiotic things to boot.

President Obama has a record. You don't even have to go to Hawaii to get it. It is called how he has run the country and when the elections come up and people ask themselves about his term, they won't need a conspiracy theory or anything else to vote no and have it be well justified.

post #37 of 119
Quote:

NoahJ it's great to know that everything I say can be taken out of context and twisted to be used against me, but I don't think I need as many reminders from you. Thanks all the same.

Stop posting it and I will stop pointing it out. Perhaps if your brush were not so broad you wouldn't get the splashing issues you do...
NoahJ
NoahJ
post #38 of 119

From the wonderful daily index card musings at Indexed

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #39 of 119
Is it a bird?

Is it a plane?

No, it's a scary foreigner, RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!

"After years of declaring he stood for "truth, justice and the American way," Superman has provoked the ire of rightwingers by threatening to renouce his US citizenship.

In the latest issue of Action Comics, which went on sale on Wednesday, the Man of Steel decides to take the step after he intervenes in a protest against the Iranian government.

After the Islamic regime brands his non-violent protest as an act of war taken on behalf of the US president, the DC comic hero says he will renounce his citizenship before the United Nations."
~ http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2011...us-citizenship

post #40 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

Why 2 years ago?
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Obama Releases "Birth Certificate"