or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Sources: Apple utilizing 'iCloud' internally, service to be more than music
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sources: Apple utilizing 'iCloud' internally, service to be more than music - Page 2

post #41 of 74
I'll be happy if they can do a data conversion without deleting any more of my data.

Many of the most important software concepts were invented in the 70s and forgotten in the 80s.

Reply

Many of the most important software concepts were invented in the 70s and forgotten in the 80s.

Reply
post #42 of 74
I wonder if they will rebrand MobileMe as iCloud. I thought iCloud would replace iDisk but maybe iCloud will be the name for the whole thing?
post #43 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryb View Post

Whatever iCloud is all about I just hope it is seamlessly integrated with Mac OS and iOS.

You might hit the nail on the head. Could this cloud make our experience between devices seamless? Like you read the book, listen to the music, watch the video, working on the file and continue all these tasks on another device/Mac seamlessly? When you buy a song or download something will it be on your other devices a la Dropbox without a need for syncing?
post #44 of 74
There will probably be two levels to iCloud.
FREE = Contact, Calendar, Bookmark Syncing
PAID = Syncing + Email + iDisk + iWork

They will role it out in stages to avoid overtaxing the system.
1) existing MobileMe customers get first dibs at WWDC. (+4 million users)
2) When Lion ships later this summer, anyone with a Mac(10.6-7) can sign up for a FREE or paid account (+30 million users)
3) When iOS 5 ships this fall, anyone with a iOS device upgradeable to 5 can sign up for a FREE or paid account (+70 million users)
post #45 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun, UK View Post

I wonder if they will rebrand MobileMe as iCloud. I thought iCloud would replace iDisk but maybe iCloud will be the name for the whole thing?

I believe iCloud will be a FREE subset of the full MobileMe.
iCloud = MobileMe Lite
post #46 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Mozzarella View Post

There will probably be two levels to iCloud.
FREE = Contact, Calendar, Bookmark Syncing
PAID = Syncing + Email + iDisk + iWork

They will role it out in stages to avoid overtaxing the system.
1) existing MobileMe customers get first dibs at WWDC. (+4 million users)
2) When Lion ships later this summer, anyone with a Mac(10.6-7) can sign up for a FREE or paid account (+30 million users)
3) When iOS 5 ships this fall, anyone with a iOS device upgradeable to 5 can sign up for a FREE or paid account (+70 million users)

1) I think we should expect some free iDisk(iCloud) data storage. Without it they will have a hard time competing with Dropbox and SugarSync.

2) Dont forget Find My iPhone is also free, and to be clear there are more aspects to the paid version of MobileMe than what you listed.

3) I dont think iWork.com will be part of MobileMe. I can see why some would want it but I think that it ultimately needs to be a separate service that can be tied to MM, but isnt by defualt.

4) I hope they do a better stepping job than allowing 4M, then 30M then 70M users sign up. I hope they do an invitation system so they can throttle as needed.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #47 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

I think that the media's emphasis on the iTunes part of the future cloud services is leading everyone astray. Given that Apple hasn't actually announced anything, the assumption that what they will announce all has to do with iTunes and cloud-based music and video storage might turn out to be quite wrong.

It seems far more likely to me, (and far more doable), to have the cloud component work as a slightly enhanced version of the way iDisk works now (i.e. - a simple integrated storage solution for mobile devices). It also seems way more likely to me that the cloud services would allow for removing the tether between the iOS device you own and your computer by allowing you to download and install updates from the cloud and register to the cloud etc.

How many more iOS devices would sell if they could remove the requirement for someone to already have a computer before you buy one? It seems like that might be an enormous number.

I think the current idea that the cloud is just going to be a big storage area for your desktop computer or your entire iTunes media library, (with presumably a scale of "storage plans" depending on how much stuff you have), is both shortsighted and "old-fashioned" thinking.

You sir, have hit the nail on the head.
post #48 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by haymaker17 View Post

Fourth, if you count eworld...

You kids these days and your crazy Apple online services. Back in my day, we used AppleLink, and by AppleLink, I mean the real service operated by GE, not the Personal Edition that became what you snot nosed brats know as AOL.

Why back in the day, we'd fire up our 300 baud modems and pay $15 a day for the privilege.

Oh, and get off my lawn!
post #49 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Costly flash memory? $1/GB isn't expensive at all IMO compared to potential data overage charges if you're relying on iCloud over-the-air.
http://www.isuppli.com/Memory-and-St...te-Drives.aspx

Finally!!! Everytime I read this r@p about the iCloud replacing internal storage I want to vomit. Stop trying to report this as if it would be a good idea or as if it IS Apple's plan. This would be a horrible idea and would not add value for the customer at all. While the $1/Gb figure above is a bit off for Apple flash storage products, even at the current $100 premium per step 8|16|32|64 it's still much cheaper to have internal storage. Within a few months @ roughly $25/2Gb, the cost of all the additional data would be a killer not to mention the fact of what that would do to the already strained wireless infrastructure. With that in mind it's far more likely that this is planned as a compliment or supplement to internal storage and syncing rather than a replacement for internal storage.

So there's my $0.02 or rather my $100 now rather than hundreds later.
post #50 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by haymaker17 View Post

Fourth, if you count eworld...

OMG! What are you, like, 60?? </kidding!>
"Don't be a dick!"Wil Wheaton
Reply
"Don't be a dick!"Wil Wheaton
Reply
post #51 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

With Apple promising to "unveil the future of iOS and Mac OS" at its Worldwide Developers Conference in five weeks, it's increasingly likely the Cupertino-based company will use the forum to divulge its plans for iCloud and provide its Mac and iOS developer communities with tools they can be used to leverage the new cloud service from within their applications.

I'm most interested in what this will do for iPhone / desktop data integration. It seems that every data-centric iPhone app should have an option for saving to / opening from its corresponding folder in a MobileMe account.
post #52 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skytouch View Post

I'm most interested in what this will do for iPhone / desktop data integration. It seems that every data-centric iPhone app should have an option for saving to / opening from its corresponding folder in a MobileMe account.

Apple has a history of delivering less than our imaginations can fathom. Those bastards!
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #53 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by tundraboy View Post

iPod, iPhone, iPad. These are like booster rockets that have been attached to Apple's stock price.

iOn drive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard69 View Post

Apple could configure iPad to boot up, at purchase, tomorrow If they really wanted too. They don't so must have their own reasons. Don't get me wrong I'd rather that Apple get away from the current initialization requirement, but I don't see it having anything to do with the cloud.

They could configure it that way, but they won't. Ever. Go back and listen to the first part of Steve's presentation when announcing the iPad 2. See just how much he brags about how many "accounts with credit cards" Apple has for all of it's iCustomers. All of this is through iTunes. Apple clearly has plans to monetize this asset to the furthest extent possible. If they let a new iPad simply boot up so you can start using it, it's that much more work they need to do to get their hooks into you. Why let granda have a device that let's her email the grandkids and do some internet surfing when they can also try to sell her some apps and media content?

That's where iCloud could step in and replace iTunes. You'd no longer have to activate your iDevice via iTunes, but they are still going to require you to activate it so they can create an account if you don't already have one. You'll activate it on the cloud instead.

In fact, what if iCloud isn't only in the cloud? iTunes has got to be the most mismatched name considering that music is only a small part of what iTunes does these days. iTunes (the application and the store) is itself a cloud of a lot of different times of data. How about we merge iTunes (the application) and iDisk? A new application on your computer, also called iCloud replaces iTunes, stores your files locally and syncs them back to Apple's data center. The iCloud application replaces iTunes and MobileMe sync services (fixing a huge gap in syncing when calendars switch to the new calDAV*). And the iCloud internet service replaces the MobileMe web services including iDisk storage. Then you can activite your iDevice either the the iCloud application or iCloud internet service.

[* The syncing gap with calDAV is when you sync an iOS device via iTunes, rather an directly with MM, or an iPod capable of displaying calendars, you won't get the updated calendars unless iCal is open and running at the time. This is because neither MobileMe sync services nor iTunes knows how to sync the calDAV cloud data with the local calendar data on your Mac.]
post #54 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Apple has a history of delivering less than our imaginations can fathom. Those bastards!

Lol, their cloud strategy has certainly left me wanting more. But I'm hopeful given the huge investment Apple is making in its data center and now buying the iCloud brand.
post #55 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by macslut View Post

You kids these days and your crazy Apple online services. Back in my day, we used AppleLink, and by AppleLink, I mean the real service operated by GE, not the Personal Edition that became what you snot nosed brats know as AOL.

Why back in the day, we'd fire up our 300 baud modems and pay $15 a day for the privilege.

Oh, and get off my lawn!



post #56 of 74
Jeez, I really hope they don't force me to find a new Web Host. I don't think I'm going to be able to find a comparable service for a cost-effective price. I've looked before.

MacBook Pro 15" | Intel Core2 Duo 2.66GHz | 320GB HDD | OS X v10.9
Black/Space Grey iPad Air with Wi-Fi & LTE | 128GB | On 4GEE
White iPhone 5 | 64GB | On 3UK

Reply

MacBook Pro 15" | Intel Core2 Duo 2.66GHz | 320GB HDD | OS X v10.9
Black/Space Grey iPad Air with Wi-Fi & LTE | 128GB | On 4GEE
White iPhone 5 | 64GB | On 3UK

Reply
post #57 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by donlphi View Post

In all fairness, I've been doing things in "THE CLOUD" for a long time. I've been sharing documents and syncing folders with different servers that could be accessed publicly or with password. I have been using Mac.com/MobileMe since the beginning of time, but honestly I don't find it to be that great. It's not user friendly.

It has glitchy syncing (duplicating calendar dates and contacts, placing contacts into strange categories).

Many of us have been paying $99 a year for nearly 10 years now. You would think it would finally be great. I've only been holding on to it because I want to keep my email address. It's like buying season tickets to the Cubs. You know they are going to lose, but you don't want to lose the good seats the year they finally make it to a World Series.

I don't say this because I hate MobileMe, as it has gotten me out of a few document sharing binds, but the overall service is not worth $99 per year.

I hope you are right and Steve and the rest of the Apple gang show us the way to the true cloud, but so far it has been a bust (IMO).

agreed
whats in a name ? 
beatles
Reply
whats in a name ? 
beatles
Reply
post #58 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skytouch View Post

Lol, their cloud strategy has certainly left me wanting more. But I'm hopeful given the huge investment Apple is making in its data center and now buying the iCloud brand.

i think the data centers will do much more than storage . Maybe the data storage centers can boost streaming of 4g type content to our devices and give the carriers some relief ??

just saying..


9
whats in a name ? 
beatles
Reply
whats in a name ? 
beatles
Reply
post #59 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggin View Post

iOn drive?



They could configure it that way, but they won't. Ever. Go back and listen to the first part of Steve's presentation when announcing the iPad 2. See just how much he brags about how many "accounts with credit cards" Apple has for all of it's iCustomers. All of this is through iTunes. Apple clearly has plans to monetize this asset to the furthest extent possible. If they let a new iPad simply boot up so you can start using it, it's that much more work they need to do to get their hooks into you. Why let granda have a device that let's her email the grandkids and do some internet surfing when they can also try to sell her some apps and media content?

That's where iCloud could step in and replace iTunes. You'd no longer have to activate your iDevice via iTunes, but they are still going to require you to activate it so they can create an account if you don't already have one. You'll activate it on the cloud instead.

In fact, what if iCloud isn't only in the cloud? iTunes has got to be the most mismatched name considering that music is only a small part of what iTunes does these days. iTunes (the application and the store) is itself a cloud of a lot of different times of data. How about we merge iTunes (the application) and iDisk? A new application on your computer, also called iCloud replaces iTunes, stores your files locally and syncs them back to Apple's data center. The iCloud application replaces iTunes and MobileMe sync services (fixing a huge gap in syncing when calendars switch to the new calDAV*). And the iCloud internet service replaces the MobileMe web services including iDisk storage. Then you can activite your iDevice either the the iCloud application or iCloud internet service.

[* The syncing gap with calDAV is when you sync an iOS device via iTunes, rather an directly with MM, or an iPod capable of displaying calendars, you won't get the updated calendars unless iCal is open and running at the time. This is because neither MobileMe sync services nor iTunes knows how to sync the calDAV cloud data with the local calendar data on your Mac.]


I think you are on to something and I think it will include all you mentioned along with a "Dropbox" like service. I also think that Apple will integrate Time Machine into the service with a function similar to Carbonite or Crashplan for off-site backup. Being in IT, I hear the sob stories all the time about how someone lost data without having a backup. While Time Machine does a great job locally (although I would like apple to add a de-duplication option to save my backup drive space), think about how iCloud could form a complete user friendly disaster recover system. It is not just about a major disaster such as a house fire, think about someone breaking into your house and stealing your iMAC along with your backup drive. Apple would just continue to build the ecosystem and we users will have more reliable data storage all the time
post #60 of 74
I'd believe the iPhone 5 will come out this June as it always has. The difference is that iOS 5.0 won't arrive until the fall. Instead you'll see an iOS 4.5 will be the OS on iPhone 5. Thus begins the slowing of the OS development cycle.

Why is this? It takes longer to sync and test features across all the iOS devices (iPod, iPhone, iPad, AppleTV). Also, the rumored iCloud is also delaying the new OS.

iCloud will be interesting to see as this could be a major push into the enterprise for Apple and not just a consumer offering.
post #61 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacTel View Post

I'd believe the iPhone 5 will come out this June as it always has. The difference is that iOS 5.0 won't arrive until the fall. Instead you'll see an iOS 4.5 will be the OS on iPhone 5. Thus begins the slowing of the OS development cycle.

Why is this? It takes longer to sync and test features across all the iOS devices (iPod, iPhone, iPad, AppleTV). Also, the rumored iCloud is also delaying the new OS.

iCloud will be interesting to see as this could be a major push into the enterprise for Apple and not just a consumer offering.

I see nothing inherently wrong with that hypothesis. They havent done it before, but that doesnt mean they cant start and they have released the iPads with glowing success without a new major version of iOS on them.

The only cavet I see would be the white iPhone just launching. But that will help boost the this quarters sales and if they do keep the same look and feel as the iPhone 4 there is nothing to be lost and everything to gain at this point.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #62 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Initially dubbed iTools before being rebranded .Mac and targeted at the company's computer install base...


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Installed_base
post #63 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Costly flash memory? $1/GB isn't expensive at all IMO compared to potential data overage charges if you're relying on iCloud over-the-air.

I want it to mainly avoid using 3G data. Sync via home wifi in a big way, remote wifi/internet for partial sync/updates (some locations I'd happily allow a full sync), and 3G just for notification of file changes probably (and on-demand download).

In fact, I want my iPhone to monitor (and control) my data usage. By this I mean I need to tell the iPhone I have 500MB allowance and have it prevent sudden large usage and prevent ANY over usage. I need it to recognise a minimum daily usage (say 10MB?) and ensure that this will always be available - so if I have 20 days left in the month then it'll make sure that if I am using a lot of data it cuts off certain apps as I approach 200MB remaining to allow my minimum for the rest of the month. Eventually it should just allow emails, without attachments, or ask me to override.

I can of course do the above manually, but my parents can't. And my Telco only updates my data usage about 2 days after it's used, so I have to reset my iPhone data usage each month and then do a guessed adjustment for differences in the telco and iPhone records. Last week I sent an 8 MB email. The iPhone stuffed up and continually resent that email for many hours (1.6GB)... it costs me $250/GB excess, luckily that iPhone has 2GB allowance... I want the phone to notice it's data usage!
post #64 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

Let's face it. What ever Apple do with this, all the others; Google, RIM, Microsoft, H.P. et al, will suddenly have an epiphany and realize that was just what they were about to do too ...

How do you think Apple will approach cloud services in a way that no one else has done before, forcing them to copy?
post #65 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

It seems far more likely to me, (and far more doable), to have the cloud component work as a slightly enhanced version of the way iDisk works now (i.e. - a simple integrated storage solution for mobile devices). It also seems way more likely to me that the cloud services would allow for removing the tether between the iOS device you own and your computer by allowing you to download and install updates from the cloud and register to the cloud etc.

Yes. The music storage is just a component of whatever service Apple is going to offer. iCloud will have your bookmarks, music, documents, pictures. (Not sure about video - but if they allow syncing between iMovie and iMovie (iPad) when on wifi I'd like that.)

I notice you say it's an integrated storage solution for MOBILE devices though - do you think it'd be separate to your desktop storage then (like iDisk is)? So are you meaning it'll be accessed like a separate disk? Or even that you'll "sync" iTunes to the iCloud just like the iPad, with a subset of your music and video etc... and then your iPad or iPhone will sync with iCloud?

I'm expecting a fuller integration - such that your document folders are identical in phone, pad, and multiple macs. Same too for apps (based on platform), music, photos. In effect my iCloud will contain a full backup of my Mac (or my Mac will contain a full backup of my iCloud). Although that's ideal perhaps it's not feasible, or perhaps they'll have to differentiate paid and free services in some way. Maybe instead a free service would have 2 synced computers (one at my parents, one at my home) and rather than the iPad syncing to iCloud it'll sync to either computer - iCloud could do very basic calendar (and similar) syncing and just act as the conduit for devices to find each other.

Or maybe the cloud will refer to a combination of places my data is stored. Some on my iPad, some on my iPod, my iPhone, my wife's iMac, my MBP, Time Capsule, and some on iCloud. Any device giving me access to all my data? Greater requirements from iCloud if you have less iResources in your home. At least 1 copy of my data always on (ie: my Mac or Time Capsule or iCloud) and another copy on other devices.
post #66 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

Let's face it. What ever Apple do with this, all the others; Google, RIM, Microsoft, H.P. et al, will suddenly have an epiphany and realize that was just what they were about to do too ...

Funny, I was about to say what's been described so far sounds no different to what everyone else is already doing, or at least a combination of what everyone else is already doing.

Files, Photos, Contacts, Bookmarks, Emails have all been syncing around in the background for a while now. Music's still quite new unless you consider subscription music services which have also been around for a while.

I'll wait to see what they come up with before jumping to conclusions. I don't like the name iCloud though, "cloud" is already being used to refer to web apps, hosting solutions, syncing data basically anything internet related.
post #67 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by donlphi View Post

In all fairness, I've been doing things in "THE CLOUD" for a long time. I've been sharing documents and syncing folders with different servers that could be accessed publicly or with password. I have been using Mac.com/MobileMe since the beginning of time, but honestly I don't find it to be that great. It's not user friendly.

It has glitchy syncing (duplicating calendar dates and contacts, placing contacts into strange categories).

There have indeed been some rough edges to MM but regarding the duplicating contacts, there is a one-time action that you need to do (see Apple Support pages) that will ensure contacts are correctly synced and do not include iTunes-synced content as well as MM-synced content. Simply turning off iTunes synced contacts doesn't fix it (a rough edge). It is most gratifying though once it has been sorted and then works well.
post #68 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Apple has begun adopting the "iCloud" name within several products currently under development, suggesting the appropriately labeled moniker is indeed the frontrunner for the company's soon-to-debut Internet cloud service, which will span beyond streaming music, AppleInsider has learned..........
The $1 billion, 500,000 square-foot facility is five times larger than the company's current data center in Newark, Calif.

As discussed here: http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/artic...s_data_center/ it is hard to understand why Apple should be building such a MASSIVE datacentre at a single location, even doubling in size while the first half was under construction.

Hurricane, Tsunami, human error, blown fuse, there is no redundancy here and no sign of Apple or their partners building out other datacentres elsewhere around the world, for a service, whatever it is, you can be sure will be MASSIVE and available worldwide. Makes no sense, right?

The recent iPhone location kerfuffle has got me thinking. What if the other side of the iCloud is YOU? Or at least your desktop Mac? Could be even your iPhone or Windows PC running iTunes, an entire cloud distributed across a community of iOS users? Every time your iPad gets near WiFi, it hosts a tiny slice of a movie as backup just in case that MASSIVE Apple NC datacentre runs out of steam.

Crazy idea? Just following orders, thinkin' different ................
post #69 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tardis View Post

As discussed here: http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/artic...s_data_center/ it is hard to understand why Apple should be building such a MASSIVE datacentre at a single location, even doubling in size while the first half was under construction.

Hurricane, Tsunami, human error, blown fuse, there is no redundancy here and no sign of Apple or their partners building out other datacentres elsewhere around the world, for a service, whatever it is, you can be sure will be MASSIVE and available worldwide. Makes no sense, right?

The recent iPhone location kerfuffle has got me thinking. What if the other side of the iCloud is YOU? Or at least your desktop Mac? Could be even your iPhone or Windows PC running iTunes, an entire cloud distributed across a community of iOS users? Every time your iPad gets near WiFi, it hosts a tiny slice of a movie as backup just in case that MASSIVE Apple NC datacentre runs out of steam.

Crazy idea? Just following orders, thinkin' different ................

Its possible but there are inherent issues with the idea. If your iDevice is send and receiving data to assist others then your phone is using the battery and and degrading your performance for things you wish to do on your device.

Furthermore, as ISPs that came about from offering phone services and cable TV are finding their original services depreciated and their data bills skyrocketing as more users turn them into dumb pipes they will start to charge more for internet access.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #70 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scafe2 View Post

Excellent post, I couldn't agree more,....

Sounds about right to me. I have mobile me also and for the same reasons.
post #71 of 74
This is now one ongoing discussion since February 2011 and nothing happen. Apple now claims that it took the Mobile Me of the shelves because:

Official Statement: The MobileMe activation key is no longer sold in the stores because there were to many issues with the refund when a customer wanted cancel the account. The retail stores were to refund the money but retail stores did not honor the refund policy and it caused to many problems so the retail MobileMe was discontinued.

Also the "problems' with Mobile Me are mounting, regarding syncing and more. Anyone there who has an answer?
post #72 of 74
Amazon's Cloud Player has now been updated to support iOS devices too. Might be worth playing with to get an idea how cloud services would work for you.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/05/07/a...-silent-updat/
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
post #73 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Amazon's Cloud Player has now been updated to support iOS devices too. Might be worth playing with to get an idea how cloud services would work for you.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/05/07/a...-silent-updat/

I have to assume that Apples service will be integrated into the iPod app for audio streaming. At least that is what I think will make for the best experience. We already have an iDisk and Dropbox app where we can streaming audio and video.

The iOS iDisk app seems to have some nice features that arent available in Mac OS when accessing iDisk in Finder. The app will play music in the background, has the same style controls (including scrubbing) right from the app, but the one thing it doesnt have is the ability for a playlist or even playing all the songs in a folder. I assume this is what Apple had to work out with the labels.

Does Amazons service allow you to make playlists?
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #74 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Does Amazons service allow you to make playlists?

I'm pretty sure it does from reading about it, but I haven't personally used it (yet).
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Sources: Apple utilizing 'iCloud' internally, service to be more than music