or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › Trivial little things you'd change if you could

Trivial little things you'd change if you could

post #1 of 3
When looking for files in Finder column view you, for example, press 'm' and the list jumps to 'm', great ! However, the first 'm' item is at the bottom of the window, with all other 'm' items hidden from view, requiring a further action to bring them into view. Surely it makes more sense to place the first item at the top with the rest below and visible to peruse and select !

Example....

Top window as it is, bottom as it should be. Or does anyone know a way of changing this setting, perhaps through Terminal ?

So, what little things bother you ?
post #2 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by corradoboy View Post

When looking for files in Finder column view you, for example, press 'm' and the list jumps to 'm', great ! However, the first 'm' item is at the bottom of the window, with all other 'm' items hidden from view, requiring a further action to bring them into view. Surely it makes more sense to place the first item at the top with the rest below and visible to peruse and select !

Example....

Top window as it is, bottom as it should be. Or does anyone know a way of changing this setting, perhaps through Terminal ?

So, what little things bother you ?

It bothers me that I can't change the default spotlight search setting to "File Name" instead of "Contents".
post #3 of 3
I don't like the 1-pixel black line at the bottom of the menu bar they added, which makes me think I haven't moved the window up far enough.

I also don't like drawers. Very ugly UI element. I think they should all be replaced with the internal sidebars like preview. They won't work in fullscreen view for a start.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac OS X
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › Trivial little things you'd change if you could