or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Amazon to debut LCD tablet to compete with Apple's iPad later this year

Amazon to debut LCD tablet to compete with Apple's iPad later this year - Page 2

post #41 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by neiltc13 View Post

Amazon press release from last summer showing £109 price. It was $139 in the USA.

I'm surprised that your friends were able to give such a definitive answer about sales last summer, given that it only went on sale in late August.

I was there, my friend. Summer ends in September. It was £139. I even remarked to my wife when I was there how odd that it was the same price there in pounds as it was here in dollars. I don't know what the discrepancy is, but I remember it pretty well, as I saw it all over.
post #42 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by melgross View Post

I don't see a lot of them here, but I do see them every so often. A year ago, I had only seen two. Since then, I've seen a half dozen. I'm seeing just a bit more iPads here.

Where is here?

I see a lot of Kindles in Philly.

I will def look into the Amazon tablet. If it is not what I want, I will keep my Kindle.
post #43 of 45
Great. Amazon's got Tablet Fever. Is it because we are an aliterate society? Or is Amazon trying to follow Apple's lead on digital content delivery?

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
post #44 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewGavin View Post

Where is here?

I see a lot of Kindles in Philly.

I will def look into the Amazon tablet. If it is not what I want, I will keep my Kindle.

My location says NYC, and I was responding to a post from NYC.
post #45 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Great. Amazon's got Tablet Fever. Is it because we are an aliterate society? Or is Amazon trying to follow Apple's lead on digital content delivery?

Well, Amazon was one of the first big companies to sell digital books with their own reader. They sell digital music, Movies, Tv shows and music videos.

It makes sense for them to move this way. They probably have the best chance of anyone to compete with Apple on this.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
  • Amazon to debut LCD tablet to compete with Apple's iPad later this year
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Amazon to debut LCD tablet to compete with Apple's iPad later this year