or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › OS X Lion issues?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

OS X Lion issues?

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 
Not sure if this is the place to ask this type of question, but I am running Lion on one of my macs and have observed what I would consider to be an issue and I am unsure if it is with Lion or something else.

When I launch Safari, it re-opens all the previous windows I had opened. Even if I gracefully quit Safari it will open the last window. This is the same for all my applications like quicktime. As soon as I open up a quicktime video, it opens up the previous videos I was watching. Same thing with word documents etc...

Any suggestions how to stop this?
post #2 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dage007 View Post

Any suggestions how to stop this?

Stop using Lion, because it's designed to be doing this.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply
post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Stop using Lion, because it's designed to be doing this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dage007 View Post

Not sure if this is the place to ask this type of question, but I am running Lion on one of my macs and have observed what I would consider to be an issue and I am unsure if it is with Lion or something else.

When I launch Safari, it re-opens all the previous windows I had opened. Even if I gracefully quit Safari it will open the last window. This is the same for all my applications like quicktime. As soon as I open up a quicktime video, it opens up the previous videos I was watching. Same thing with word documents etc...

Any suggestions how to stop this?

You should be using the proper Apple discussions forum for posing such questions. You signed an NDA to get this software, and discussing it outside of the proper website is violating that NDA. I've turned in this thread to Apple.
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by modelamac View Post

You should be using the proper Apple discussions forum for posing such questions. You signed an NDA to get this software, and discussing it outside of the proper website is violating that NDA. I've turned in this thread to Apple.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

And they're going to do what, exactly?

1. They don't own this site.
2. There are thousands of threads across the Internet that talk about Lion.
3. For frick's sake, there are dozens of threads on HERE that talk more about Lion than "it's designed to be doing this".

It's HILARIOUS that you'd post this, because when I wrote that post, I thought to myself, "Self, what can you say in answer to this that doesn't violate the NDA?" and I chose that reply because, lo and behold, it doesn't violate the NDA.

You're irreplaceable.

Welcome to the forum, by the way.

I say that despite your join date, because you obviously don't give a crap about Apple or this sort of thing at all.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

And they're going to do what, exactly?

1. They don't own this site.
2. There are thousands of threads across the Internet that talk about Lion.
3. For frick's sake, there are dozens of threads on HERE that talk more about Lion than "it's designed to be doing this".

It's HILARIOUS that you'd post this, because when I wrote that post, I thought to myself, "Self, what can you say in answer to this that doesn't violate the NDA?" and I chose that reply because, lo and behold, it doesn't violate the NDA.

You're irreplaceable.

Welcome to the forum, by the way.

I say that despite your join date, because you obviously don't give a crap about Apple or this sort of thing at all.

Sorry you feel that way. I intended to respond only to the OP.

You know nothing about me but you feel a need to jump to conclusions about my intent.

If the OP obtained Lion by legitimate means, which I am assuming is the case from his choice of words, he also

1. agreed to the NDA. His post violates that NDA.

2. He was given instructions in a very clear manner what to do next, how and where to ask questions and discuss the OS. He either did not read, cannot read, or chose to ignore all of that.

The fact that Lion discussions are all over the internet does not make this or any of them right.

I have this thing about integrity and ethics, fair play, trust, self respect.

You are mistaken in your belief that I don't care about Apple. Why would I have bothered to post if that were the case.

We've obviously gotten off on the wrong foot. I meant no offense to you at all. I thought your post/response was good, and still think so. I was suggesting to the OP that he follow the rules he agreed to.
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by modelamac View Post

He was given instructions in a very clear manner what to do next, how and where to ask questions and discuss the OS. He either did not read, cannot read, or chose to ignore all of that.

So where are your complaints about the postings on Lion that were done by the people who actually own and maintain this site?

This is a farce. You can't expect me to believe you actually care if you're complaining about his post and not the dozens of others.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

So where are your complaints about the postings on Lion that were done by the people who actually own and maintain this site?

This is a farce. You can't expect me to believe you actually care if you're complaining about his post and not the dozens of others.

This is the first and only place I looked when I got here. Judging from the reception I got, I think it will be the last place I look as well.

Imighthave an effect on one somewhat naive individual.

I have no intention of try8ing to change a pile of asshats.

ciao.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Genius Bar
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › OS X Lion issues?