or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Apple Cinema HD Display

Apple Cinema HD Display

post #1 of 2
I've been recently looking to buy an old apple 23in cinema hd display because I like the matte screen and the silver bezel instead of the new led ones. the ones I find on ebay are mostly broken and for parts only. my question is, does apple fix your old apple monitors for you? i know I will be charged, but simple light or power issues won't charge more than 50-100 bucks will it?
post #2 of 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeddie View Post

does apple fix your old apple monitors for you?

Willing to pay more than you're paying for the monitor itself? Sure.

Quote:
i know I will be charged, but simple light or power issues won't charge more than 50-100 bucks will it?

Several hundred dollars regardless of the issue.

I know you likely won't get H-IPS panels from them, but there's nothing wrong with looking at third-party displays in that price range at that size. You might even swing an S-PVA panel. Dell tends to make good displays, and so does Sceptre. I had three (well, still have, just don't currently use) 24" Soyo monitors that I ran at once until I got my Cinema Display. Not sure if Soyo still makes displays, but for a brand that NO ONE has heard of, they made good stuff.

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Apple Cinema HD Display