or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Fortune's 'Inside Apple' describes a furious Steve Jobs after MobileMe launch

Fortune's 'Inside Apple' describes a furious Steve Jobs after MobileMe launch

post #1 of 102
The shaky debut of Apple's revamped cloud service MobileMe in 2008 prompted Chief Executive Steve Jobs to chastise those responsible for the service, Fortune's new "Inside Apple" feature reveals.

After MobileMe launched and received a poor review from The Wall Street Journal's Walt Mossberg, Jobs assembled the team that created the service and scolded them, according to a new profile in the latest issue Fortune, summarized by Business Insider. The meeting took place at the auditorium on Apple's campus that the company uses to do product demonstrations for the press.

Jobs reportedly asked the MobileMe team what the new product was supposed to do. When an employee told Jobs what the purpose of MobileMe was, the CEO reportedly responded: "So why the f--- doesn't it do that?"

"You've tarnished Apple's reputation..." Jobs reportedly said. "You should hate each other for having let each other down... Mossberg, our friend, is no longer writing good things about us."

Following the meeting, Jobs is said to have named a new executive to be in charge of the MobileMe service. Author Adam Lashinsky at Fortune also reported that most of the team that built the original service was disbanded.

The MobileMe "push" service was introduced in June 2009 as a successor to .Mac, with Web-based applications including mail, contacts and calendar. But MobileMe got off to a rocky start, and Apple apologized and offered a free 30-day subscription after a multitude of problems occurred.

Now, in 2011, Apple is believed to be on the verge of introducing a successor to MobileMe, potentially named "iCloud." Last month, AppleInsider exclusively reported that the soon-to-debut Internet cloud service will offer music streaming and enhanced sync capabilities between connected devices.
post #2 of 102
That 'revamp' of MobileMe was lipstick on a pig. I hope that whatever is coming will make us go 'wow,' like the iPhone did at launch.

I am at a critical decision stage for my cloud needs. Make it 'magical,' Steve and team.
post #3 of 102
I'm a big fan of Apple and have been a MobileMe user since the iTools, .Mac days. But I agree, this has not been a very well realized product from Apple. The only reason I use it is for the email integration and the contact management syncing with my iPhone 4.

I never use the MobileMe homepage or photo sharing. I think those have been overshadowed or even replaced by facebook. I use DropBox over iDisk. iDisk is atrociously slow.
post #4 of 102
I wonder if Steve Jobs knows about the iPhoto roll out. I never did get all my photos recovered.
post #5 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher126 View Post

I'm a big fan of Apple and have been a MobileMe user since the iTools, .Mac days. But I agree, this has not been a very well realized product from Apple. The only reason I use it is for the email integration and the contact management syncing with my iPhone 4.

I never use the MobileMe homepage or photo sharing. I think those have been overshadowed or even replaced by facebook. I use DropBox over iDisk. iDisk is atrociously slow.

Totally, Apple hopefully either has something better than Dropbox planned or should have bought Dropbox as their networked file solution. It's so much better than iDisk.

Not to mention random issues with keychain sync that finally had me turn it off - corrupting the keychain and then propagating that across multiple machines turned out to be worse than just syncing a certificate now and then manually.

Anyway, hopefully they have something cool coming, there's certainly been a long enough gap in real updates that might mean they had time to do a complete rework of it all.
post #6 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by moe-jiller View Post

I wonder if Steve Jobs knows about the iPhoto roll out. I never did get all my photos recovered.

Luckily you had them all backed up, right?
Right??
post #7 of 102
I'm expecting a lot in the new roll out. Way more than some dropbox lookalilke. It's been discussed here before so I won't get into it again. Let's just say I am prepared to be amazed.
post #8 of 102
I used .Mac about 10 years ago. I have to say that syncing files to it wasn't easy or quick at all. I gave up on .Mac after the first year.

Now with all the free services offered on the net that compete well with MobileMe, it's hard to consider paying for these services.

There are a lot of pioneering services out there that Apple has to compete with now. Apple has a lot to measure up to and a lot of value deliver to its customers before it can compete. Apple will really have to wow if it's ever going to get MobileMe in to anyone's hands.
post #9 of 102
Quote:

Hey, remember clicking that little agree button. You agreed that any loss of information due to YOU not being RESPONSIBLE to back up what's important to YOU, won't be apple's responsibility. Take some god damn responsibility lolol...jeeezzz adults act as ignorant as kids.
post #10 of 102
I don't know where I read about revised pricing for MobileMe, but I just got whacked another $140 on my renewal. In fairness, I do use iDisk, Gallery and synched calendars. Would like to see a little more storage space for the price.
In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
post #11 of 102
Quote:
"You've tarnished Apple's reputation..." Jobs reportedly said. "You should hate each other for having let each other down... Mossberg, our friend, is no longer writing good things about us."

Hate each other? That's pretty funny, in that it is pretty messed up.

Well, after hearing our number 2 in our company tear us a new one, this is really business as usual, I guess?
post #12 of 102
This article totally reminds me of those subtitled Downfall Youtube videos.
post #13 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher126 View Post

I wouldn't be surprised to see some sort of merger between MobileMe and Ping to make it easier to share content. Currently you can post photos, but you can't really do anything with them after they are posted (tagging, mapping, etc). And there is no good way to get people to your photo page.

Apple has a lot of different online services that are similar to other services out there (email, photos, syncing, cloud storage, chat, video chat, social network, music, video), but not a single one of Apple's components are "best in class", or even close in most instances, except for music.

So how much do we think Apple is going to bite off this time? Hopefully not more than it can chew, like with the MobileMe rollout.
post #14 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofabutt View Post

I used .Mac about 10 years ago. I have to say that syncing files to it wasn't easy or quick at all. I gave up on .Mac after the first year.

Now with all the free services offered on the net that compete well with MobileMe, it's hard to consider paying for these services.

There are a lot of pioneering services out there that Apple has to compete with now. Apple has a lot to measure up to and a lot of value deliver to its customers before it can compete. Apple will really have to wow if it's ever going to get MobileMe in to anyone's hands.

There are some services that are far better than the MobileMe counterpart (Dropbox and SugarSync compared to iDisk are prime examples) but I dont know of a single product that competes well with MobileMe as a whole.

Some of Apples other advancements have obsolesced some of MobileMes features. For example, the syncing and backup of so many personal settings and info that go well beyond what MS Active Sync can achieve. Another is Find My iPhone which Apple made a free service thus demising its value in another way.

Others simply have no equal, like Back To My Mac which means I can input my MobileMe credentials and have access to all computers both in Finder and as a remote client without any additional setup. For $65/year I get plenty of use from the service.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
post #15 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggin View Post

I wouldn't be surprised to see some sort of merger between MobileMe and Ping to make it easier to share content.

Thats an idea I havent heard yet. Sounds like a brilliant way for Apple to strengthen and increase their ecosystem.
post #16 of 102
If this happened, why is it only surfacing now, nearly 3 years later? Is there any chance this was "leaked" by Apple to start seeding interest in the new iCloud?
post #17 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprockkets View Post

Hate each other? That's pretty funny, in that it is pretty messed up.

Well, after hearing our number 2 in our company tear us a new one, this is really business as usual, I guess?

While I think "hate each other" is a strange way to put it, I get the impression that he really cares about Apple not embarrassing itself with the equivalent of a Windows Vista or Kin product launch. I sometimes wish more executives would take that kind of passionate stake in the outcome of their products.

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
post #18 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktappe View Post

If this happened, why is it only surfacing now, nearly 3 years later? Is there any chance this was "leaked" by Apple to start seeding interest in the new iCloud?

Maybe but to me it seems counterintuitive for Apple to announce that it has failed and Jobs exclaiming "So why the f--- doesn't it do that? to his employees.

For most products failures your best move is to do what you can to hid the failure, which often includes changing its name to further dislodge any deleterious brand associations.
post #19 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicj View Post

Isn't this really old news?

A more interesting article would be an example of "cloud" tech that people actually use. There aren't too many I'm aware of.

People use cloud tech constantly, they just dont think of it as such because 1) they were using it long before they thought of it as a cloud, and 2) its more vertically integrated than the manual network data storage that tends to get the brunt of label associations.

Cloud services dont exclude local services or non-browser-based local apps. Email, IMs, Twitter, nearly all of Google services, and Netflix are all examples of cloud-based operations.
post #20 of 102
Its a bit cheap of Fortune to write something like this after the incident happened 3 years ago. I understand his frustration why he screamed at an incompetent team when a service like MM integrates most of Apple's products to other iDevices is so crucial. If the services worked, it would probably be another reason to buy a Mac.

For Apple is crucial as a business to be ahead of the pact. They could have done such a wonderful job with Mobile Me since the concept of cloud based services have finally taken off, now accepted and used by the masses. I am sure they (Steve ) will put more effort into getting this right for iCloud. I always wanted to use their service and love the syncing aspect of it however for backup to iDisk I rarely use. I already have my own website and transfer content on the drive. I just hope there are other more "magical" services that will blow my socks off with iCloud.

I would love to have some new features which I feel I am using daily but is not a feature on MM right now:

- Saving Read Later like documents that can sync up to Safari or Mail.
- Have todos on iCal be synced also to iPad/iPhone
- Have a dropbox-like feature. Be able to access back to my Mac for files to send to iDisk for public access.
- Incorporate a daily journal with iCal
- Apple's very own iRSS reader that can sync to all devices. I don't like Google Reader and wish to just use my Apple ID to sync all my thousands of RSS'..
- iTunes streaming of my library for both music and movies on my iDevices.

Any others?
post #21 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe in miami View Post

I don't know where I read about revised pricing for MobileMe, but I just got whacked another $140 on my renewal. In fairness, I do use iDisk, Gallery and synched calendars. Would like to see a little more storage space for the price.

The subscription service is $99 yearly and then I believe the extra $40 was for an additional 20 gb of online cloud storage.
post #22 of 102
Steve Jobs has probably done more to tarnish Apple's reputation than any number of MobileMe programmers did.

1) When a number of iBook G3 units had bad logic boards and he knew about it, the tech reps were instructed to tell people calling in that they had not heard of it. They charged loyal customers $350 for the repairs until a then-popular cable show called "The Screen Savers" broke the story of just how many of the laptops had the problem. Apple then offered refunds to those who paid and offered free repairs from them on ... again... AFTER being called out on it on a TV show.

2) iPod batteries that were defective and ignored by Apple/Jobs until lawsuits were filed that might damage sales.

3) Nano batteries that did the same on a previous generation, again ignored by Jobs, until lawsuits were filed.

4) More than once issue with Powerbook batteries, known and ignored by Jobs until there were damages and lawsuits filed.

5) Shall we yet again discuss Steve Jobs telling iPhone 4 users to simply "Not hold the phone that way!", when they had reception issues??

Sorry - sounds to me like Mr. Jobs is doing a FINE job of hurting Apple's reputation little by little, without any help from the old MobileMe team.
post #23 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by drob View Post

The subscription service is $99 yearly and then I believe the extra $40 was for an additional 20 gb of online cloud storage.

$99 was the full retail price for MoblleMe.

It was pretty easy to find it for $50-60 at Amazon.com, eBay, whatever.
post #24 of 102
I really love my MobileMe service. I have some minor beefs with it, wish I could sync as many photos as I liked to a gallery for example directly from an iPhone, or on the iPhone iDisk client email stuff out instead of sending a link. However all in all I've enjoyed it thoroughly. Its easy to use, very reliable (for me, I've heard stories to the contrary) I use all the services. All in all well worth the money to me.

Last thought, the iDisk experience as a folder on your computer is not as solid as it should be and it really shouldn't be that hard. Dropbox is an excellent model to follow.

Maybe apple had bitten off more than it could chew at the time and should have slowly rolled out piece by piece. I find it odd they didn't. After all with iOS they rarely release major updates without thoroughly reviewing that it's a seamless experience (minus the alarm clock bug but at least all my texts get to the right people).
post #25 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg30127 View Post

Steve Jobs has probably done more to tarnish Apple's reputation than any number of MobileMe programmers did.

Sorry - sounds to me like Mr. Jobs is doing a FINE job of hurting Apple's reputation little by little, without any help from the old MobileMe team.

We see your point.

That said, AAPL has still outperformed the Nasdaq index. But you are right. It should have slaughtered the Nasdaq. It should be trading at $600 right now. Steve has done a massively poor job at communicating the value of Apple Inc.
post #26 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Thats an idea I havent heard yet. Sounds like a brilliant way for Apple to strengthen and increase their ecosystem.

That means you haven't been reading every single one of my posts on these forums....I'm hurt.

But yes, Apple has a lot of "parts." It's time for Apple to do what it does best. Take all the parts and make them into an even better whole.
post #27 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Others simply have no equal, like Back To My Mac which means I can input my MobileMe credentials and have access to all computers both in Finder and as a remote client without any additional setup. For $65/year I get plenty of use from the service.

Back to my Mac is easily the most important feature for me since my home machine is on DHCP. But if you have static IPs everywhere, you can simply type in the Go>Connect to Server>vnc://xxx.xxx.xxx..xxx and it does the same thing. That's what I end up doing half the time anyway since for some reason many times my machines don't all show up in the Finder List. I usually pay $99 a year although you might find it for less, that is the price. Unless you buy an Apple device every year I guess then it is $65.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

post #28 of 102
Quote:

Posts like yours make people laugh hysterically. It is totally your fault if you lost any of your photos. YOUR fault, not Apple's! Deal with it, take responsibility for it, learn from your screw up.
post #29 of 102
Quote:

Hmm... That seems like a fairly broad definition of "Cloud". A more common definition might be:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloud_computing

Which would include your examples of email and Google services, of which only email is really popular. It wouldn't include Netflix, twitter, or IMs. "Cloud computing" also tends to imply (in usage if not in actual capabilities) a "thin client", the modern day equivalent of a dumb terminal. Usually, the "thin client" is the browser.

Outside of e-mail, I'm not really seeing a "killer app" for "The Cloud". Maybe disk backup. If it's free (at least for consumers).

The "cloud" is much simpler than this. When documenting your application and business process graphically using Visio or Omnigraffle, the little puffy symbol you use for your diagram of those portions you don't know or care about how they work is the "cloud".
post #30 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

While I think "hate each other" is a strange way to put it, I get the impression that he really cares about Apple not embarrassing itself with the equivalent of a Windows Vista or Kin product launch. I sometimes wish more executives would take that kind of passionate stake in the outcome of their products.

Perhaps he should have said you should feel that you failed your fellow co-workers in letting this happen, not that you should hate each other.

But I doubt what was said hasn't been lost in transmission. And a failure here and there isn't going to screw apple.
post #31 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleZilla View Post

That 'revamp' of MobileMe was lipstick on a pig. I hope that whatever is coming will make us go 'wow,' like the iPhone did at launch.

I am at a critical decision stage for my cloud needs. Make it 'magical,' Steve and team.

Actually, the opposite of this. Please spend a lot less time making it 'magical', and just make it work.

Start with allowing me to accept iCal invitations on my iPhone. The holes in the current service are laughable.
15" uMacbook Pro 2.4Ghz 8GB 128GB SSD/500GB 7200rpm, iMac 27" i5 16GB 1TB, MacBook Air 8GB 256GB, iPhone 5s 64GB, iPhone 4 32GB, iPad 4 64GB, Apple TV2/3, iPod Nano 2nd gen, iPod Touch 4th gen,...
15" uMacbook Pro 2.4Ghz 8GB 128GB SSD/500GB 7200rpm, iMac 27" i5 16GB 1TB, MacBook Air 8GB 256GB, iPhone 5s 64GB, iPhone 4 32GB, iPad 4 64GB, Apple TV2/3, iPod Nano 2nd gen, iPod Touch 4th gen,...
post #32 of 102
Syncing contacts in MM is a poorly implemented in my opinion. I can't depend on it. Sometimes it overwrites new info with old data. When deleting an old phone number it mysteriously keeps coming back like a bad penny. I did a bump with someone the other day and it gave them my address from 5 years ago. You know it is screwed up when you have a setting that says show alert when 25% of the data on this machine will be changed.

post #33 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by moustache View Post

Apple's very own iRSS reader that can sync to all devices. I don't like Google Reader and wish to just use my Apple ID to sync all my thousands of RSS'

I'd love to see more effort put into RSS... but it seems like everyone is moving to Twitter.

It's a shame IMO that we have to trade off the better news format in RSS for the added social element in Twitter.

I'd love to see an RSS replacement that sits on top of Twitter. That would be sweet.

As far as managing RSS feeds go Google Reader is by far and away still the best service... although I like using local client front ends (Feeddler is my fav)
post #34 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg30127 View Post

1) When a number of iBook G3 units had bad logic boards and he knew about it, the tech reps were instructed to tell people calling in that they had not heard of it. They charged loyal customers $350 for the repairs until a then-popular cable show called "The Screen Savers" broke the story of just how many of the laptops had the problem. Apple then offered refunds to those who paid and offered free repairs from them on ... again... AFTER being called out on it on a TV show.

2) iPod batteries that were defective and ignored by Apple/Jobs until lawsuits were filed that might damage sales.

3) Nano batteries that did the same on a previous generation, again ignored by Jobs, until lawsuits were filed.

4) More than once issue with Powerbook batteries, known and ignored by Jobs until there were damages and lawsuits filed.

5) Shall we yet again discuss Steve Jobs telling iPhone 4 users to simply "Not hold the phone that way!", when they had reception issues??

1a) Surely you understand that there is a time frame between the knowing of an issue and its resolution. I have no idea if that time frame was excessive but your comment doesnt support any evidence that it was, but simply states what was obvious fact for a given time frame.

1b) Since this logic board issue also affected some iBook G4 models The faulty logic boards also affected some iBook G4 models it seems to me the design/production issue could have eluded Apple for awhile.

1c) Considering that the iBook G3 goes back 8-10 years the harming of Apples rep would be minor compared to todays Apple with dominate mindshare. Note in 2003 Apple wasnt eve selling a million Macs a quarter.

1d) Ive never even heard of Screen Savers and have been using Macs long before the iBook was an Apple brand.

2a) iPods did sell in excessively higher numbers than iBooks and therefore more of an issue and concern for consumers but arent we still talking about the 1st and 2nd generation iPods from 2004 and earlier. I wonder how many of those affected consumers said Ill never buy another Apple product again and actually havent with so many advances in technology.

2b) The number of products with bad Lithium batteries is astounding. Batteries may not have moving parts but they are active, and can and do fail.

3) I dont recollect any iPod Nano battery recall or replacement settlement. Lawsuits against corps. with deep pockets are filed all the time and usually long before any company knows of an issue or can assess an issue. Note the latest issue with the tracking and the lawsuits filed immediately.

4) See #3.

5a) He never said that to users and they held an event to address the perceived issue. Apple and Jobs did show how you can attenuate the single of other phones with your hands.

5b) The antenna-gate issue probably affected Apples reputation more than all the other niggling points you make but to what extent? They gave away free Bumpers for a couple months but didnt issue a recall and didnt remove the external antenna and has increased their sales each quarter since that announcement. They are the worlds most profitable handset vendor *and by a large margin, at that *so any boost to Android-based vendors, RiM, et al. would pale in comparison.

PS: Its odd that you personally blame Jobs for technical issues that he wasnt directly responsible for except when it comes to MobileMe. Jobs is Apples CEO (still is!) so if the company falters, even if the issue is from a 3rd-party its still on Jobs as the head of the company.

PPS: You left out the iPad 2 light leak issue which isnt as large as "antenna-gate but still more widespread and known than any of the other issues you mention.

PPPS: Did you know that all CE is prone to potential issues because its mass produced consumer electronics that literally has dozens of companies involved in its creation? You can only feasibly sample only so many units. One of the things that people seems to like about Apple is their no hassle returns and replacements. They dont even have a restocking fee anymore. Id say that Apples rep is far exceeding their competition.
post #35 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstone View Post

I usually pay $99 a year although you might find it for less, that is the price. Unless you buy an Apple device every year I guess then it is $65.

Amazons usually under $70. You didnt have to buy it from Apple and you didnt even have to buy the MobileMe box.

They used to make a new .Mac box each year with a different version number on it, which is pretty lame marketing, IMO, but I benefited because the codes still worked the same regardless of the versioning and even last year when I inputted .Mac codes into my MobileMe account.
post #36 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by warheart777 View Post

Hey, remember clicking that little agree button. You agreed that any loss of information due to YOU not being RESPONSIBLE to back up what's important to YOU, won't be apple's responsibility. Take some god damn responsibility lolol...jeeezzz adults act as ignorant as kids.

Very well said. Don't blame someone else if you are not doing your part to prevent the loss of your info.
post #37 of 102
Quote:

Hmm... That seems like a fairly broad definition of "Cloud". A more common definition might be:

Which would include your examples of email and Google services, of which only email is really popular. It wouldn't include Netflix, twitter, or IMs. "Cloud computing" also tends to imply (in usage if not in actual capabilities) a "thin client", the modern day equivalent of a dumb terminal. Usually, the "thin client" is the browser.

Outside of e-mail, I'm not really seeing a "killer app" for "The Cloud". Maybe disk backup. If it's free (at least for consumers).

I suggest you work on broadening your definition then.

If you go around saying that there isn't a "killer app" for "The Cloud" whilst simultaneously denying any killer apps presented to you because they don't fit your own definition of what "The Cloud" is then all you're going to achieve is to confuse and irritate a lot of people.
post #38 of 102
Quote:

I think he should have made sure he was happy with the product before it was released. Firing people after the fact isn't helpful.

Hopefully it's a lesson learned for the release of this latest incarnation.

Thats why it ultimately falls on Jobs.

The problem wasnt with how it works, but how they released it. They created a perfect storm by releasing the iPhone 3G (I think in 15 countries), iPhone OS 2.0 and MobileMe all at the same time.

They did no .Mac user release. They did no staggered release from their other products. They pushed the MobileMe service in stores and online but they also had a free 30-day trial that was free to all and didnt require any CC for the trial period. IOW, people could sign up to check out MobileMe willy-nilly and they did. It was more logistics than technical from what i can tell.

They were acting like a company with a small user base. I think they learned from that as weve seen with future Mail and iCal updates in MobileMe, as well as staggered release cycles.
post #39 of 102
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia

Users can store and access personal files such as music, pictures, videos, and bookmarks or play games or use productivity applications on a remote server rather than physically carrying around a storage medium such as a DVD or thumb drive.

Are you for real? You linked to an article that backs up Firefly7475 and my comments with excessive detail and numerous examples of what I stated yet you score the article ignoring all statements and reply with a single sentence description that doesn’t discount a damn thing that was said.

Here are the remaining sentences immediately before and after in the paragraph you quoted.
The phrase “cloud computing” originated from the cloud symbol that is usually used by flow charts and diagrams to symbolize the internet. The principle behind the cloud is that any computer connected to the internet is connected to the same pool of computing power, applications, and files. Users can store and access personal files such as music, pictures, videos, and bookmarks or play games or use productivity applications on a remote server rather than physically carrying around a storage medium such as a DVD or thumb drive. Almost all users of the internet may be using a form of cloud computing though few realize it. Those who use web-based email such as Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, a Company owned email, or even an e-mail client program such as Outlook, Evolution, Mozilla Thunderbird or Entourage are making use of cloud email servers. Hence, desktop applications which connect to cloud email would be considered cloud applications.
post #40 of 102
Quote:

Recovered? Yes, even if an iPhoto Library is corrupt your photos are still on the disk. It happened to me twice with iPhoto upgrades. Never lost a photo though...
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac Software
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Fortune's 'Inside Apple' describes a furious Steve Jobs after MobileMe launch