or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › iMac's hard drive is no longer user replaceable

iMac's hard drive is no longer user replaceable

post #1 of 3
http://blog.macsales.com/10146-apple...s-on-new-imacs

*Major facepalm*
That is incredibly lame of them. Not only do they gouge you majorly for upgrades, but what happens when your out of warranty and get the drive fails? Get double-gouged for an apple branded replacement?

How long before they go the whole way and not even RAM is user replaceable? They look to be steadily headed in that direction.
post #2 of 3
Someone will find a way to circumvent the latest obstacles that Apple has so thoughtfully put in place for us to find.

There is already a thread on this right here.

(Mid-2012) 15.4" MacBook Pro w/ IPS Retina Display | Quad Core i7-3720QM 2.6GHz / 3.6GHz Max. Turbo | 16GB DDR3-1600MHz RAM | 256GB Samsung 830 SSD-based NAND Flash ETA 9/5

(Mid-2012) 15.4" MacBook Pro w/ IPS Retina Display | Quad Core i7-3720QM 2.6GHz / 3.6GHz Max. Turbo | 16GB DDR3-1600MHz RAM | 256GB Samsung 830 SSD-based NAND Flash ETA 9/5

post #3 of 3
Yeah, I made this one before that though.

I know someone will get around it...Its just the principle that bothers me. How long until we can't even upgrade RAM and we just dispose of our iMac's every other year?
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › iMac's hard drive is no longer user replaceable