or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Ron Paul Announces He's Running (Is it his time?)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ron Paul Announces He's Running (Is it his time?) - Page 9

post #321 of 376
The Two-Minute Case for Ron Paul

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #322 of 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

The Two-Minute Case for Ron Paul

There are some good points there on why Ron Paul is a principled man who takes many great positions. He's excellent on taxes, personal freedoms, spending, debt and deficits. He's an unassuming man, and certainly not an empty suit.

But Paul has real, serious weaknesses. Every candidate does have some, but for some reason neither Ron Paul nor his supporters EVER acknowledge them. That concerns me.

1. Ron Paul doesn't appear to have the temperament or persona to be President. Being President is about more than policy and principles, it's about the ability to represent America. Paul often comes off as someone's crazy, whiny uncle. I can't imagine him being our head of state.

2. Paul is a lunatic on the Fed and our monetary system. While the Fed needs better oversight and we need to stop spending, Paul wants to abolish the Fed and return to the gold standard. That will crush our economy. Getting rid of debt, entitlement reform, etc? All good. All necessary. But Paul wants to go much further. His policies would be a disaster for this country. And he'd stick with them regardless initial outcome, because he believes we're due to start from scratch.

3. Paul is even more nuts on foreign policy. In some ways, Paul has the same twisted belief that Obama does. He doesn't believe that America is generally a force for good in the world. This belief twists his ideas about why terrorism and anti-Americanism exist. He actually thinks that they exist because we go around bombing and occupying countries willy nilly. He actually thinks we'll be left alone if we just withdraw all our troops from the corners of the globe. In reality all this will do is make America weak and the tyrants strong. His view is counter how the world works, and will make us less safe, not more.

4. Paul is too radical on social welfare and government oversight issues. Government does a have a role to play in many areas. It's the size and scope of that role that's the problem. But Paul would go nuts. If Paul had his way, there would be no EPA, no FAA, no FDA, maybe even no FBI. There would be no welfare of any kind. There would be no social security. It's just too radical, even for a libertarian-leaning conservative like me.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #323 of 376
A grassroots Ron Paul ad thrown together by yours truly:

One Man

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #324 of 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

3. Paul is even more nuts on foreign policy. In some ways, Paul has the same twisted belief that Obama does. He doesn't believe that America is generally a force for good in the world. This belief twists his ideas about why terrorism and anti-Americanism exist. He actually thinks that they exist because we go around bombing and occupying countries willy nilly. He actually thinks we'll be left alone if we just withdraw all our troops from the corners of the globe. In reality all this will do is make America weak and the tyrants strong. His view is counter how the world works, and will make us less safe, not more.

Bullshit, if by 'us' you mean the people of the world. America is responsible for far more deaths of innocent people than the Taliban, Al Qaeda, Iran and Hamas combined. In fact, America's war efforts are responsible for more deaths of Americans than all those combined. How the FUCK is that a force of good in the world? How the FUCK does that make us safer? You're psycho crazy on this issue. This is Ron Paul's absolute strongest point.
post #325 of 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

A grassroots Ron Paul ad thrown together by yours truly:

One Man

I went and gave you a like/thumbs up. If that's your voice, it sounds like nothing I imagined from you.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #326 of 376
That one man also stuffs pork for his district into a bill then votes against said bill he knows will pass so he can claim he's got some sort of clean small government voting record. Bullshit. He's a hypocrite like the rest of them.

He claims to be a doctor but denies the very foundation of modern biology. He's a hypocrite like the rest of them.

He claims small government is the answer but has no answer when asked what to do about people dying for lack of healthcare. He's a hypocrite like the rest of them.

I'll take the hypocrite who added 2.5 million people to the ranks of the health insured. I'll take the hypocrite who ended the notion of pre-existing conditions being a legitimate reason to deny healthcare. I'll take that hypocrite over yours any day.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #327 of 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

I went and gave you a like/thumbs up. If that's your voice, it sounds like nothing I imagined from you.

Thanks!

The voiceover is "The Judge" Andrew Napolitano from the Jan 4, 2012 edition of his Fox Business show "Freedom Watch". I put that in the video description.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #328 of 376
Ron Paul's speech in NH last night

The GOP establishment has to be frustrated that Ron Paul is doing so well. He went from placing 5th in NH with 8% of the vote in 2008 to 2nd with 23% of the vote yesterday.

They ignore him, they mock him, they call him crazy, they marginalize him, and with only grassroots support he continues to gain momentum.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #329 of 376

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #330 of 376
I'm laughing and crying at the same time.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #331 of 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

I'm laughing and crying at the same time.

I watched the debate where Paul only got 89 seconds to speak. I thought he would eventually flip out, but he didn't. Isn't there some kind of election law to stop this blatant bias? I guess, both you and likely Paul, would be opposed to any regulations to make things fairer. It's really quite ironic.

Another video here too- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gk0zU...eature=related
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #332 of 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

I watched the debate where Paul only got 89 seconds to speak. I thought he would eventually flip out, but he didn't. Isn't there some kind of election law to stop this blatant bias? I guess, both you and likely Paul, would be opposed to any regulations to make things fairer. It's really quite ironic.

It's not ironic that we don't want the government to intervene, it's consistent. People cannot be made equal by government. Either they are recognized as equal and treated as such or they are not. If anything, government amplifies and perpetuates inequality by putting people into categories and giving special treatment to certain categories over others.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #333 of 376

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #334 of 376
There's about eight threads this little bit could have gone into but I figured here was as good as anywhere else.

Bill Maher was going on about how he like the fact that Ron Paul would bring our troops home.


tonton declared that, "it's pretty much the Democrats and Libertarians who are demanding a reduction in bases. It's the Republicans who are refusing to do so. I commend you for disagreeing with your party for once! Well done!"

Sorry tonton, it isn't Democrats. As Rob Reiner notes, a smattering of polite applause from the Bill Maher audience and his own reply fully confirms why and the thinking associated with it.

I can't endorse the degree of passivity that Ron Paul sometimes seems to speak about in foreign affairs. That won't stop me from pulling the lever for him if he is the nominee at all though because he is still closer to the ideal of what I want that Obama or even many Republicans. Pax Americana is alive and well.

And one of the things he says is, “We got an empire, and we should bring all the troops home.” He’s the one who is really in my heart on foreign affairs, not Barack Obama.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #335 of 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Bullshit, if by 'us' you mean the people of the world. America is responsible for far more deaths of innocent people than the Taliban, Al Qaeda, Iran and Hamas combined. In fact, America's war efforts are responsible for more deaths of Americans than all those combined. How the FUCK is that a force of good in the world? How the FUCK does that make us safer? You're psycho crazy on this issue. This is Ron Paul's absolute strongest point.

That pretty much sums up the Left's fucked view of this nation.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #336 of 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post


Keep dreaming, bud.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #337 of 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

That pretty much sums up the Left's fucked view of this nation.

Are you denying that we have killed tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of civilians in Iraq and Afghanistan?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casualties_of_the_Iraq_War
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civilia...2%80%93present)

Do you think it's OK to commit the equivalent of 50 9/11s to protect American interests? Is it OK if another non-allied country decides to commit the equivalent of 1/2 a 9/11 to protect its?

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #338 of 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

That pretty much sums up the Left's fucked view of this nation.

Only if by fucked you mean reasonable and not psychotic. Morally and fiscally responsible and not willfully ignorant of the facts.

So let me get this straight. Facts are a fucked view? It's a fact that more Americans died fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan than in every single act of terrorism or war against the Unoted States since 9/11 inclusive. Then you have the foreign civilian deaths. Why do you ignore that? Why do you deny that diplomacy is a better approach?

It's because bombing the shit out of people makes you proud. And you're SO angry and hateful, and want revenge. Someone has to PAY, goddamnit!!!! Oops... just shot 6000 to 7000 soldiers in our own foot. Oh, well, at least we're stopping terr'rism and keeping all those countries from attacking us!
post #339 of 376

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #340 of 376
Ron Paul has some great ideas, some disingenuous ones, and some batshit crazy ones. He's certainly saner than the rest of the candidates, but I could never vote for the guy.

It's great that he wants to get the feds out of drug enforcement. It's great that he wants to give states more rights. However, he appears to have no problem with individual states being oppressive and invasive to individual freedoms--just as long as it's not the federal government doing it. That's disingenuous.

Then there's the whole "if you don't accept the scientific reality of the world around you, you aren't qualified to hold elected office" thing, too.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #341 of 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

There are some good points there on why Ron Paul is a principled man who takes many great positions. He's excellent on taxes, personal freedoms, spending, debt and deficits. He's an unassuming man, and certainly not an empty suit.

But Paul has real, serious weaknesses. Every candidate does have some, but for some reason neither Ron Paul nor his supporters EVER acknowledge them. That concerns me.

1. Ron Paul doesn't appear to have the temperament or persona to be President. Being President is about more than policy and principles, it's about the ability to represent America. Paul often comes off as someone's crazy, whiny uncle. I can't imagine him being our head of state.

2. Paul is a lunatic on the Fed and our monetary system. While the Fed needs better oversight and we need to stop spending, Paul wants to abolish the Fed and return to the gold standard. That will crush our economy. Getting rid of debt, entitlement reform, etc? All good. All necessary. But Paul wants to go much further. His policies would be a disaster for this country. And he'd stick with them regardless initial outcome, because he believes we're due to start from scratch.

3. Paul is even more nuts on foreign policy. In some ways, Paul has the same twisted belief that Obama does. He doesn't believe that America is generally a force for good in the world. This belief twists his ideas about why terrorism and anti-Americanism exist. He actually thinks that they exist because we go around bombing and occupying countries willy nilly. He actually thinks we'll be left alone if we just withdraw all our troops from the corners of the globe. In reality all this will do is make America weak and the tyrants strong. His view is counter how the world works, and will make us less safe, not more.

4. Paul is too radical on social welfare and government oversight issues. Government does a have a role to play in many areas. It's the size and scope of that role that's the problem. But Paul would go nuts. If Paul had his way, there would be no EPA, no FAA, no FDA, maybe even no FBI. There would be no welfare of any kind. There would be no social security. It's just too radical, even for a libertarian-leaning conservative like me.

Ron Paul is to old to start with and he is way to extreme in his policies.He has crazy concepts to do away with departments which we need in the government like you mentioned in your post here. He wants to legalize pot also.Absurd indeed.He exists in hos own world.
post #342 of 376
Israel SHOCKS WORLD and endorses The Ron Paul Foreign Policy?!

Nah. Ron Paul just happens to agree with them and is being called "crazy" for it.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #343 of 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Ron Paul's speech in NH last night

The GOP establishment has to be frustrated that Ron Paul is doing so well. He went from placing 5th in NH with 8% of the vote in 2008 to 2nd with 23% of the vote yesterday.

They ignore him, they mock him, they call him crazy, they marginalize him, and with only grassroots support he continues to gain momentum.

The man is unelectable and will never be president of the U.S. His views are distorted and he is bias to start with.
post #344 of 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Only if by fucked you mean reasonable and not psychotic. Morally and fiscally responsible and not willfully ignorant of the facts.

You clearly have no idea what moral and fiscal responsibility means.

Quote:

So let me get this straight. Facts are a fucked view? It's a fact that more Americans died fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan than in every single act of terrorism or war against the Unoted States since 9/11 inclusive. Then you have the foreign civilian deaths. Why do you ignore that? Why do you deny that diplomacy is a better approach?

You are using those facts to make a larger point...that being that America is not generally force for good in the world. That's the part I find nuts. As for diplomacy, no, it's not always the better approach.

Quote:

It's because bombing the shit out of people makes you proud.

Not really. Depends on who we're bombing.

Quote:
And you're SO angry and hateful, and want revenge.

Revenge for what?

Quote:
Someone has to PAY, goddamnit!!!!

Sometimes, yes.

Quote:
Oops... just shot 6000 to 7000 soldiers in our own foot.

Another screwed up view...that they all were killed or wounded for nothing. That pretty much shows what you think of the military.

Quote:
Oh, well, at least we're stopping terr'rism and keeping all those countries from attacking us!

Well, uh...yeah. Exactly that, actually. Seriously, you sound like a Ron Paul supporter: No clue about how the world actually works.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #345 of 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

You clearly have no idea what moral and fiscal responsibility means.

Maybe what I think it means is different than what you think it means. I think it's morally responsible not to risk lives by sending them off to war. I think it's fiscally responsible not to waste trillions of dollars on doing something that has the reverse effect of what you want it to do. But maybe that's just me. I guess the next time a kid throws a rock through your window for being a grumpy old asshole, you'll just go and shoot him, or if he gets away, you'll go and burn his house down. And then you'll go and arrest all the kids just in case. That's your idea of justice apparently.
post #346 of 376
Votes for Ron Paul thrown out?-

"According to the Iowa Caucus website, the certified results of 1,766 precincts made public Thursday show Santorum with 29,839 votes, followed by Romney with 29,805, Ron Paul in third with 26,036, and Newt Gingrich with 16,163, Rick Perry with 12,557, Michele Bachmann with 6,046 and Jon Huntsman with 739. Party officials said 121,503 votes were certified.

The admission of voting irregularities and uncounted votes in the state adds more weight to the argument that the race was fixed in order to discount Ron Paul and push him to the periphery in a concerted effort to minimize his popularity among voters and upstage the handpicked establishment candidates."
~ http://www.infowars.com/media-cover-...ote-reshuffle/
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #347 of 376
Most Ron Paul supporters understand the deck is stacked against him. He's the anti-establishment candidate and they will do whatever is necessary to ensure that he doesn't win.

Thankfully more people are paying attention every day and are witnessing their shenanigans. It will backfire on them in the future.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #348 of 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Maybe what I think it means is different than what you think it means. I think it's morally responsible not to risk lives by sending them off to war.

Ever?

Quote:

I think it's fiscally responsible not to waste trillions of dollars on doing something that has the reverse effect of what you want it to do.

You mean like...the entire Obama presidency?

Quote:

But maybe that's just me. I guess the next time a kid throws a rock through your window for being a grumpy old asshole, you'll just go and shoot him, or if he gets away, you'll go and burn his house down. And then you'll go and arrest all the kids just in case. That's your idea of justice apparently.

Uh....no.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #349 of 376
I'm really not surprised with the results in Nevada. Knowing the type of people who live in Nevada, and their ideals, I would honestly expect it to be Ron Paul's strongest state in the whole country, along with Vermont. Yet he still didn't come close to winning. If he can't win in Nevada, there's no way he will come close anywhere else.

His campaign has one purpose and one purpose alone... publicity. He's not in it to win.
post #350 of 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Bullshit, if by 'us' you mean the people of the world. America is responsible for far more deaths of innocent people than the Taliban, Al Qaeda, Iran and Hamas combined. In fact, America's war efforts are responsible for more deaths of Americans than all those combined. How the FUCK is that a force of good in the world? How the FUCK does that make us safer? You're psycho crazy on this issue. This is Ron Paul's absolute strongest point.

STOP KNOCKING AMERICA!
Some of these wars especially in Viet Nam i was there and saw my buddies die before me.Military people are dying each day to protect our country.Hong Kong is no great bargain where you live.What the hell did your country do to protect other people who were suffering in the world and wanted democracy and freedom. Nothing!
post #351 of 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

STOP KNOCKING AMERICA!
Some of these wars especially in Viet Nam i was there and saw my buddies die before me.Military people are dying each day to protect our country.Hong Kong is no great bargain where you live.What the hell did your country do to protect other people who were suffering in the world and wanted democracy and freedom. Nothing!

My country is The United States of America, I just happen to live in Hong Kong, mostly because I have a professional advantage here that I wouldn't have in the US, but also because I find that people here are more tolerable, and I can find friends who I "click" with more easily.

And I've never said the soldiers aren't patriotic. It's the bureaucrats that send our soldiers off to die, all the while condemning innocent people around the world to die, while all along making the world a more dangerous place, and America a more dangerous place... those (and the people who support their warmongering) are the people who are deplorable.

Vietnam was a mistake. The soldiers who fought in Vietnam are brave patriots who should be loved. But that doesn't mean Vietnam wasn't a mistake and that more of the same isn't an even worse mistake in the era of terrorism and other nonmilitary threat.
post #352 of 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

My country is The United States of America, I just happen to live in Hong Kong, mostly because I have a professional advantage here that I wouldn't have in the US, but also because I find that people here are more tolerable, and I can find friends who I "click" with more easily.

And I've never said the soldiers aren't patriotic. It's the bureaucrats that send our soldiers off to die, all the while condemning innocent people around the world to die, while all along making the world a more dangerous place, and America a more dangerous place... those (and the people who support their warmongering) are the people who are deplorable.

Vietnam was a mistake. The soldiers who fought in Vietnam are brave patriots who should be loved. But that doesn't mean Vietnam wasn't a mistake and that more of the same isn't an even worse mistake in the era of terrorism and other nonmilitary threat.

Don't waste your time on him. I don't think he's even a real person.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #353 of 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

My country is The United States of America, I just happen to live in Hong Kong, mostly because I have a professional advantage here that I wouldn't have in the US, but also because I find that people here are more tolerable, and I can find friends who I "click" with more easily.

And I've never said the soldiers aren't patriotic. It's the bureaucrats that send our soldiers off to die, all the while condemning innocent people around the world to die, while all along making the world a more dangerous place, and America a more dangerous place... those (and the people who support their warmongering) are the people who are deplorable.

Vietnam was a mistake. The soldiers who fought in Vietnam are brave patriots who should be loved. But that doesn't mean Vietnam wasn't a mistake and that more of the same isn't an even worse mistake in the era of terrorism and other nonmilitary threat.

I agree with the sentiments you expressed in this post, ton.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #354 of 376
Ron Paul as Romney's VP? According to the following that must transpire. The two are so different that even though the combination might make for a strong ticket, I would think Ron Paul would be very reluctant to be seen so publicly supporting positions so alien to his principles and beliefs.

Here's the article- http://www.infowars.com/gop-strategi...blican-ticket/
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #355 of 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Ron Paul as Romney's VP? According to the following that must transpire. The two are so different that even though the combination might make for a strong ticket, I would think Ron Paul would be very reluctant to be seen so publicly supporting positions so alien to his principles and beliefs.

Here's the article- http://www.infowars.com/gop-strategi...blican-ticket/

  • “The likely leader will be Romney, but he won’t have enough delegates to win,” he added, forecasting that Romney would pick Paul as his VP because “Gingrich and Santorum have extremely high negatives, nobody in their right mind would want them on the ticket.”

I disagree. There are likely far more Republicans who think no one in their right mind would want Paul on the ticket. Those who support a strong military, especially.
post #356 of 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

  • The likely leader will be Romney, but he wont have enough delegates to win, he added, forecasting that Romney would pick Paul as his VP because Gingrich and Santorum have extremely high negatives, nobody in their right mind would want them on the ticket.

I disagree. There are likely far more Republicans who think no one in their right mind would want Paul on the ticket. Those who support a strong military, especially.

Am I the only one who heard Ron Paul say he would build more military bases here at home? And people are saying he's going to disband the military. Seriously, it's like people want to believe things about him that just aren't true.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #357 of 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Am I the only one who heard Ron Paul say he would build more military bases here at home? And people are saying he's going to disband the military. Seriously, it's like people want to believe things about him that just aren't true.

Kay, lemme revise. 'those that support a strong overseas military presence', such as SDW for instance.
post #358 of 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

My country is The United States of America, I just happen to live in Hong Kong, mostly because I have a professional advantage here that I wouldn't have in the US, but also because I find that people here are more tolerable, and I can find friends who I "click" with more easily.

And I've never said the soldiers aren't patriotic. It's the bureaucrats that send our soldiers off to die, all the while condemning innocent people around the world to die, while all along making the world a more dangerous place, and America a more dangerous place... those (and the people who support their warmongering) are the people who are deplorable.

Vietnam was a mistake. The soldiers who fought in Vietnam are brave patriots who should be loved. But that doesn't mean Vietnam wasn't a mistake and that more of the same isn't an even worse mistake in the era of terrorism and other nonmilitary threat.

I was in Hong Kong with my wife and I found the people to be not friendly and not to cooperative.The politicians could care less about the people dying and care about how to fill their pockets with more money and gaining more power.
post #359 of 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

I was in Hong Kong with my wife and I found the people to be not friendly and not to cooperative.The politicians could care less about the people dying and care about how to fill their pockets with more money and gaining more power.

Funny... no one is dying in Hong Kong except by natural forces. And the politicians have enacted universal health care. There is no corruption in government, so the politicians aren't filling their own pockets. That said, the government does widely believe in capitalism to the point that it interferes with personal freedoms and equality.

Perhaps you're confusing Hong Kong with non-autonomous parts of China? Hong Kong is a completely different system, a completely separate government and economy, and we and our politicians have nothing at all to do with what goes on across the border, so there's mot much we can do about the people dying over there.
post #360 of 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Kay, lemme revise. 'those that support a strong overseas military presence', such as SDW for instance.

in response to Jazz:
Quote:
Am I the only one who heard Ron Paul say he would build more military bases here at home? And people are saying he's going to disband the military. Seriously, it's like people want to believe things about him that just aren't true.

Oh, stop. Paul has NO plan to "build more military bases here at home." It was nothing but a rhetorical response. Secondly, I've never claimed or believed that he wants to "disband" the military. However, what he DOES want to do is greatly downsize the military. He wants to bring a huge number of troops home, permanently. Who knows what the number is, though.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Ron Paul Announces He's Running (Is it his time?)