or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Ron Paul Announces He's Running (Is it his time?)

Ron Paul Announces He's Running (Is it his time?) - Page 10

post #361 of 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

in response to Jazz:

Oh, stop. Paul has NO plan to "build more military bases here at home." It was nothing but a rhetorical response. Secondly, I've never claimed or believed that he wants to "disband" the military. However, what he DOES want to do is greatly downsize the military. He wants to bring a huge number of troops home, permanently. Who knows what the number is, though.

You stop. He wants to cut overseas spending, which just happens to be overwhelmingly "defense" spending, and invest that money here at home.

It will not compromise our national defense.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #362 of 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

You stop. He wants to cut overseas spending, which just happens to be overwhelmingly "defense" spending, and invest that money here at home.

Show me the plan to "build more bases here at home." Show me that making large cuts in our military overseas will not harm our security. Also, invest money in what?
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #363 of 376

post #364 of 376
Quote:

Wow, what a fantastically irrelevant pic.
post #365 of 376
Quote:

Wow, what a fantastically irrelevant pic.

Wow, what a fantastically irrelevant response.

post #366 of 376
And we're supposed to believe that "they hate us for our freedom".

Maybe Ron Paul is right. Maybe they hate us because we're meddling in the internal affairs of sovereign nations and when it backfires, it's the people in those countries who suffer most.

post #367 of 376
Quote:

And we're supposed to believe that "they hate us for our freedom".

Maybe Ron Paul is right. Maybe they hate us because we're meddling in the internal affairs of sovereign nations and when it backfires, it's the people in those countries who suffer most.

The problem is not what Ron Paul says we've done wrong in the past. The problem is what he proposes in the future.
post #368 of 376
Quote:

The problem is not what Ron Paul says we've done wrong in the past. The problem is what he proposes in the future.

How do you propose to avoid the problems that have resulted from what we have done in the past by not doing anything to change our policies going forward?

post #369 of 376
Quote:

How do you propose to avoid the problems that have resulted from what we have done in the past by not doing anything to change our policies going forward?

Did I argue we shouldn't change anything? I'm saying it's WHAT Paul wants to change that's the problem.
post #370 of 376
Quote:

Did I argue we shouldn't change anything? I'm saying it's WHAT Paul wants to change that's the problem.

All I've heard you say on the matter is that you agree we shouldn't be sticking our nose in other nations' business, but you support a presidential candidate who wants to continue to stick our nose into other nations' business.

post #371 of 376
More on Ron Paul batting for Romney-

"The suggestion that Ron Paul and Mitt Romney are in cahoots because Paul is in the frame to be Romney’s VP pick has again surfaced following last night’s Republican debate in Mesa, Arizona, after which Rick Santorum claimed the two were coordinating attacks against his candidacy.

“You have to ask Congressman Paul and Governor Romney what they’ve got going together,” Santorum told reporters. “Their commercials look a lot alike and so do their attacks.”

Santorum’s campaign strategist John Brabender repeated the charge, stating, “Clearly there’s a tag team strategy between Ron Paul and Mitt Romney. For all I know, Mitt Romney might be considering Ron Paul as his running mate. Clearly there is now an alliance between those two and you saw that certainly in the debate.”

The idea of Paul being subordinate to Romney, an establishment type with flip-flopping political positions, has split Paul supporters, with the majority of them seemingly hostile to any kind of deal being done that could compromise Ron Paul’s legacy as a rock when it comes to standing by his principles.
However, others might suggest that Ron Paul maneuvering himself into a position where he will be one step away from the office of President in a potential Romney administration merely represents a smart political ploy, a way of beating the establishment at their own game. After all, Rand Paul’s successful Senatorial campaign, after which he has proven his stripes as a champion of liberty, was achieved partly by pandering to establishment Republican rhetoric on a limited number of issues such as the Iranian nuclear issue.
~ http://www.infowars.com/has-ron-paul...h-mitt-romney/
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

post #372 of 376
Only Ron Paul reduces the debt-

"The national debt is likely to balloon under tax policies championed by three of the four major Republican candidates for president, according to an independent analysis of tax and spending proposals so far offered by the candidates.

The lone exception is Texas Rep. Ron Paul, who would pair a big reduction in tax rates with even bigger cuts in government services, slicing about $2 trillion from future borrowing.

By 2021, the debt would rise by about $4.5 trillion under Santorums policies and by about $7 trillion under those advocated by Gingrich, pushing the portion of the debt held by outside investors to well over 100 percent of the nations economy.

The red ink would gush less heavily under former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney, the report said at least under earlier Romney proposals that paired $1.35 trillion in tax cuts with $1.2 trillion in spending reductions and would leave the debt rising on a trajectory that closely tracks current policies.

But that probably changed Wednesday, when Romney tacked to the right and proposed to cut federal income tax rates by an additional 20 percent for all earners an idea that could easily slash federal revenues by another $3.5 trillion over the next decade, said Edward Kleinbard, a University of Southern California law professor and former chief tax analyst for Congress."
~ http://www.washingtonpost.com/busine...src=al_comboNP

Looks like the Repubs just can't kick their addiction to debt- http://jimcgreevy.com/gvdc/Natl_Debt_Chart.html

post #373 of 376

post #374 of 376
Quote:

Love this.

It's amazing people like SDW just don't get it.
post #375 of 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Love this.

It's amazing people like SDW just don't get it.

The same reason he didn't get it wasn't warrented to attack Iraq.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #376 of 376
Quote:

Some of his suggestions are good and some are way out there.We should invest the money at home instead of wasting billions of dollars on hopeless wars which they hate us for anyhow and our military are getting killed each and everyday for what!Infrastructure, Education, and health are good causes to invest in and bringing down our deficit also.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Ron Paul Announces He's Running (Is it his time?)