or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Slutwalks

Slutwalks - Page 2

post #41 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

How about let's post proof of our proficiency in logic, shall we? The easiest A's in my entire college career were consistently Logic and Drafting. I got a 98% on my final exam in Logic 101. How about any of you?

To say that a person should lock their door if they don't want to be robbed is indeed placing some of the blame of future robberies on people who don't lock their door. This is not a logical fallacy. It is fact.

I suggest certain posters on these boards brush up a little on what is and is not logical.

So you are also saying they won't report the crime out of shame?

You say this is proof are "asking for it?"

You say there is some stigma, word and someone using that word out there to disempower them and victim blame them?

BTW, a final exam isn't a final grade. Just noting that little omission there.

I don't think I every took a class as narrow as logic and drafting. What would be the purpose of such a class? Was it for drafting legal documents?

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #42 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

How about let's post proof of our proficiency in logic, shall we? The easiest A's in my entire college career were consistently Logic and Drafting. I got a 98% on my final exam in Logic 101. How about any of you?

To say that a person should lock their door if they don't want to be robbed is indeed placing some of the blame of future robberies on people who don't lock their door. This is not a logical fallacy. It is fact.

I suggest certain posters on these boards brush up a little on what is and is not logical.

Of course that's what he's saying. He's all about blaming the victim whether it's a rape victim, a robbery victim, or a cancer patient.

My house was robbed not too long ago. My back gate didn't have a lock on it. Never thought to put one on there. Hadn't been one there for 50+ years. But apparently it's my fault I got robbed.

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
post #43 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Of course that's what he's saying. He's all about blaming the victim whether it's a rape victim, a robbery victim, or a cancer patient.

My house was robbed not too long ago. My back gate didn't have a lock on it. Never thought to put one on there. Hadn't been one there for 50+ years. But apparently it's my fault I got robbed.

Now just like Tonton, why don't you list who called you names related to this, shamed you or failed to take action on the theft related to that, and finally who labeled you related to that and we can all go plan a nice walk to protest it.

post #44 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

The part about which I'll say that your analogy is less clear is that a rapist is going to rape. At best the clothing amounts to painting a target on your back rather than making the rapist look harder for their victim. It in no form excuses the rapist but good defense is just that, attempting to limit the chances something will happen to you.

Just like if you don't want to be mugged, don't travel alone, don't look like a tourist, don't wander into dark areas, etc.

Fit into the crowd where ever you go.Don't look real sexy and wear not to provocative attire.carry mace with you if you can or a whistle.There are plenty of sick individuals out there and just be alert all the time.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Slutwalks