or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Apple makes huge inroads in enterprise as corporate Mac sales surge 66%

Apple makes huge inroads in enterprise as corporate Mac sales surge 66% - Page 2

post #41 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by katastroff View Post

AAAAAAAAaaaaaaRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

We get it, youre excited about the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie, but enough is enough.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
post #42 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmikeo View Post

I'm seeing in my real estate office. We have over 500 agents and now I see a good 20% using macs in their office while before there were just a couple. Our office staff is also using macs while last year, there were none.

That's nice. Here in Orange County the Multiple Listing Service uses this horrible web app called Tempo. It is pretty much designed exclusively for Internet Explorer and even then it is trash.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

post #43 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

After being #2 I was #1 which made me #3 when attempting to #2 again too soon.

WTF -- is that an X-Rated comment?
"Swift generally gets you to the right way much quicker." - auxio -

"The perfect [birth]day -- A little playtime, a good poop, and a long nap." - Tomato Greeting Cards -

"The perfect [birth]day -- A little playtime, a good poop, and a long nap." - Tomato Greeting Cards -
post #44 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Hot.

Torrid gets used in this sense all the time, such as describing a baseball player as being on a "torrid hitting streak" or a given competitor "setting a torrid pace." For the same reason we can say someone is "on a hot streak" or "on fire" and not worry unduly about temperature or third degree burns.

...Except for Sol, that is...

post #45 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by katastroff View Post

AAAAAAAAaaaaaaRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZMMMMMMMMZZMZZZZZMMZ ZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZMM+++++++++++++MMZZZZZZM ZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZM+++++++++++++++++++MMMZZZ MMZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZM+++++++++++++++++++++++MMZZ ZMMZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZMM++++++++++++++++++++++++++MZ ZMZMZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZMM++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++M MZZZMZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZM+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ MMZZMZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZM.......M+++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++ZZMZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZM...........M+++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++MMZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZM..............M++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++MZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZ....MM..........M+++++++MMMMM+++++++++++ +++MZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZM................M++++M..........M+++++++ +++MZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZM.................++M..............M+++++ +++MZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZM.................+.................M++++ +++MZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZM................M.......MM..........M+++ +++MZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZM....M+++MM....MM....................+++ ++MZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZMMMM..M++++++++MM+.....................+++ ++MZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZ++++++M++++++++++++.....................+++ +MZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZM+MM++MMM+++++++++++M...................M+++ MZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZMMM++++++MM++++++++++..................M+++M ZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZMM+++++++++++MM++++++++.................+MMMZ ZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZ++++++++++++++++++++M+++++M.............MM+MMZZ ZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZ+MM+++++++++++++++++++M+++++MM.......M+M++MMZMM ZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZM++MMM+MMMM++++++++++++M+++++++++++++M+++MMMZMZ ZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZM+M......MM+++++++++++M+++++++++++M++++MMZMZZ ZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZM...MM.....M++++++++M++++++++++++++MZZMMZZ ZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZM...M.MMM...MMM+++++M++++++++M+++MZZZMZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZMM.M.MMMMMM..M+++++M++++++++++++ZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZM++MMMMMMMMM..M++++M++++++++M+++MZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZM++MMMMMMMMMM..MM+++M++++++++++MZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZM++MMMMMMMMMMM.M+++M+++++++++MZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM+++M+++++++MMZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZMIIIIIIIMMMMMMMMMMM+++M++++++MZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZMIIIIIIIMMMMMMMMMMMMMM++M++++++MZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZIIIIMM+MMMIMMMIIIIMMM+++M+++++MZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZ++MMMMIMIMMMIMMM++M++++++MZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZM+MMMMMMMMMMMIIM++M++++++MZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZM+MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM++M++++++ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZM++MMMMMMMMMMMM+++M++++++MZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZM+MMMMMMMMMMMMM+++M++++++MZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZM+MMM..MMMMMMMMMMM+++M+++++++MZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZM+++++++M..MMMMMMMM++M+++++++MZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZM++++++++MM...MMM++MM+++++++MZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZM.M+++++++++MM.M+++M+++++++++MZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZM.MMM++++++++++MM++M++++++++++M.MZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZM...M.M+++++++++++MM+++++++++++M..MZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZ.....MM+MM+++++MM++++++++++++++...MMZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZM........M++++++++++++++++++++++.....MZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZ..........+M+++++++++++++++++++++.M..MZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZ

Can you do the Mona Lisa? Alfred E. Newman? Kilroy?

post #46 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstone View Post

That's nice. Here in Orange County the Multiple Listing Service uses this horrible web app called Tempo. It is pretty much designed exclusively for Internet Explorer and even then it is trash.

How about the iPad RE apps -- intuitive, and you can use it on en-route and on-site -- even pass the device to a client... no cumbersome laptop, battery, UI, etc.

post #47 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuristic View Post

Torrid:
1) very hot and dry
2) full of passionate or highly charged emotions arising from sexual love
3) full of difficulty or tribulation

Um. Which of these applies to Apple's growth in the enterprise market?

tor·rid (tôrd, tr-)
adj. tor·rid·er, tor·rid·est
1. Parched with the heat of the sun; intensely hot.
2. Scorching; burning: the torrid noonday sun.
3. Passionate; ardent: a torrid love scene.
4. Hurried; rapid: set a torrid pace; torrid economic growth.

I believe #4 works
post #48 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

How about the iPad RE apps -- intuitive, and you can use it on en-route and on-site -- even pass the device to a client... no cumbersome laptop, battery, UI, etc.

I like Redfin which is available here, but it is not the official ML. The last time I bought a house I did all the research, did the drive-bys and then sent the info to my Realtor to set up viewings. Much easier than waiting for him to send me prospective properties. Having dealt with the stupid Tempo log in and non-exportable format I had to bail just to keep my sanity. Thing is that ML doesn't allow third party apps to have all the listing info, so you don't get a some of details.

post #49 of 81
Well, I do personally know of one Fortune 150 companies where the executives are openly talking about their plans to migrate all their desktops / laptops company-wide to Macs. I'm not sure how much of this is being driven by political motivations, as Dell and HP have increasingly come into direct competition with this particular corporation - and that's probably the biggest hint I should give. Whatever the reason, it would be a pretty big win for Apple, and goes to show how far the platform has come to even be openly considered for such a large rollout.
post #50 of 81
Quote:

I particularly like the way the striping on the bars appears to be a mask that doesn't really line up, producing random checkerboard effects.

My suspicion is that in certain business quarters years of PC use has led to the impression that "ugly" equals "true." A nice Mac generated graph would probably be regarded as possibly the work of gay elitists with an agenda.

Edward Tufte would have a coronary. lol
post #51 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdbryan View Post

Let's say a company bought 100 Macs and 2000 PCs in the previous year. If Mac sales increase 60% while PC sales increase 5%, then there were 60 more Macs and 100 more PC's sold in the current year. The percentage difference appears huge (60 >> 5) but 60 is less than 100. It is usually useful to look at percentages but let's not forget that the actual numbers tell an important story also.

Yeah, but let's get real. 66% is still a huge increase.

And to reply to a previous comment, Apple obviously sells more than 15 computers, duh. Yes, I understand your point, but we're still talking in the MILLIONS of computers range. 66% *is* a big deal.

No, Apple doesn't own the enterprise market all by themselves, but this is nothing to sneer at, nor is the headline misleading.
post #52 of 81
Coming from a 3% business share, the MacOS growth needs to be in triple digits to be meaningful in terms of market share and traction due to critical mass. It is ok from business point of view such as contribution to revenue and EPS. I suspect niche corporations and niches within corporations are expanding due to the halo effect and other reasons.

Windows 7 has improved in terms of stability and it is not as onerous to use as Vista or even XP. MSFT lost the battle in Mobile OS and needs to focus on its core competency and improve the PC and Server software, Exchange, etc... and quite throwing money at wild goose chases like Skype.

Long Apple... use the equipment at home. Use Windows in business due to the apps and integration with imaging systems.
post #53 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silencio View Post

Well, I do personally know of one Fortune 150 companies where the executives are openly talking about their plans to migrate all their desktops / laptops company-wide to Macs. I'm not sure how much of this is being driven by political motivations, as Dell and HP have increasingly come into direct competition with this particular corporation - and that's probably the biggest hint I should give. Whatever the reason, it would be a pretty big win for Apple, and goes to show how far the platform has come to even be openly considered for such a large rollout.

Curious which company your are referring to.

IBM - they push Linux
Oracle - they have their own OS now, Solaris but also support Linux
Cisco - Most of their technical tools run on Windows
Microsoft - seems unlikely
Intel - they are still mostly Windows people
Apple - I think they already switched to Mac

Who else even remotely competes with HP and Dell

post #54 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by AjitMD View Post

Coming from a 3% business share, the MacOS growth needs to be in triple digits to be meaningful in terms of market share and traction due to critical mass. It is ok from business point of view such as contribution to revenue and EPS. I suspect niche corporations and niches within corporations are expanding due to the halo effect and other reasons.

Windows 7 has improved in terms of stability and it is not as onerous to use as Vista or even XP. MSFT lost the battle in Mobile OS and needs to focus on its core competency and improve the PC and Server software, Exchange, etc... and quite throwing money at wild goose chases like Skype.

Long Apple... use the equipment at home. Use Windows in business due to the apps and integration with imaging systems.

Assuming you mean in the thirty percentile and not at 100%, thats not feasible with their business model.

HP doesnt even have 30% of the PC marketshare. If Apple had HP or Dells PC marketshare while maintain their business model theyd likely have 3/4th of the profits from PC sales and still have less than 1/4 of the PC unit sales.
post #55 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubert View Post

"Mac shipments in the business market grew at a torrid 66.0% pace, an order of magnitude higher than the 4.5% shipment growth rate of the business market"

Wouldn't an order of magnitude higher mean 9% growth for Apple?

Orders of magnitude are powers of 10, hence anything around a 45 percent increase is an order of magnitude above 4.5 percent.
post #56 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by elroth View Post

You just can't stand it, can you?

It is a fair comment. After all, the Apple fanbois constantly use that same argument when discussing other tablet sales.
post #57 of 81
not shocking, most companies have a handful of macs at most, not enough to set up a rental or leasing agreement, and CAP-EX budgets in 09 and 2010 were TINY, so this is the designers and marketing folks replacing the gear from 2005-2008 that has fulfilled its production lifecycle.
You can't quantify how much I don't care -- Bob Kevoian of the Bob and Tom Show.
You can't quantify how much I don't care -- Bob Kevoian of the Bob and Tom Show.
post #58 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psych_guy View Post

If I had a nickle for every time our IT Director said, "We are a Microsoft shop", I'd be a millionaire. Glad to see Apple moving on and moving in.

You can be a "Microsoft shop" and still have Macs.

I know a lot of people that run iMacs and MacBook Pros in businesses. None of them run OSX though.
post #59 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

Can you do the Mona Lisa? Alfred E. Newman? Kilroy?

Just search for ASCII art generator

http://www.google.com/search?q=ascii...ient=firefox-a
post #60 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsegenmd View Post

I write dictionarieshave for the last 27 years; torrid is OK

That has to be at once both interesting and boring.
post #61 of 81
Quote:

That was my first thought. Id wager the next biggest percentage are for executives or profit-center positions within a company that want/need a laptop, where in-house repair is less of an issue.

1. Executives, at a high enough level get whatever they want.
  2. IOS development is real, can't dismiss that.
  3. Corporations are having a lot of problems with Windows. This can't be underestimated. It isn't just viruses either, MS often breaks things on patch Tuesdays.
  4. Apple laptops being i86 allow the best of both worlds. That is Windows can run in a VM when absolutely needed. Users for the most part benefit from Mac OS.
  5. For many professional uses software is no longer a problem.
  6. Sometimes you buy from an alternative vendor simply to send a message to the primary (MicroSoft).

I look at it this way any positive movement is usually a good thing. However this does not appear to be a indicator of significant uptake in the corporate sector. Where Apple really appears to be making progress is in small business.
post #62 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyde View Post

It is a fair comment. After all, the Apple fanbois constantly use that same argument when discussing other tablet sales.

Except other tablet sales are starting literally from zero.

Apple is making headway in a mature, saturated market.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #63 of 81
In hindsight this is not surprising. The iPod provided the consumer Halo effect that brought about growth in the consumer Mac market. With iPad dominating the tablet market in the workplace it's natural that there would be a Halo effect for enterprise with iPad for the Mac in enterprise.

There is also another effect that is possibly not accounted for. I was in a meeting in my company the other day. Our "corporate standard" is a Lenovo thinkpad yet in the meeting 60% of the people were using their own personally paid for Macs. There's a lot of Lenovos sitting in the bottom of drawers where I work and so the "user base" in enterprises might be much higher than the market share indicates. Of course Lenovo and MS are still picking up sales on these dormant laptops, so I guess everyone wins, at least until IT wakes up to the reality of it.
post #64 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdonisSMU View Post

Naturally Apple's Macs grew more than PCs. They have less market share.

So RIM must be increasing its market share by the same logic? Oh, wait a minute ...
From Apple ][ - to new Mac Pro I've used them all.
Long on AAPL so biased
"Google doesn't sell you anything, they just sell you!"
From Apple ][ - to new Mac Pro I've used them all.
Long on AAPL so biased
"Google doesn't sell you anything, they just sell you!"
post #65 of 81
The chart also details the number of units sold. Almost 900K were sold to businesses in the last quarter. That's 25% of all Mac sales in the last 3 months.

Whilst in market share terms it seems small, an additional 900K units really helps Apple's margin and economic of scale.
post #66 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdonisSMU View Post

Naturally Apple's Macs grew more than PCs. They have less market share.

Your logic is faulty. This is percentage change. All being equal, Macs should have had roughly the same growth as other systems. Instead, growth far exceeded that of other systems which indicates that their market share is increasing.

You are correct to say that doubling a very small share is not that significant overall, but it is still a doubling of share nonetheless. If that goes on, they will indeed wind up with a very significant share. What if they eventually wind up with a 20% share of the business market? That would be enormous!

To me, the big news is growth in government. The share there must be minuscule - less than 1% ?? - This is the kind of growth that can escalate over time. A great area for long term expansion.
post #67 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Fine Line View Post

Edward Tufte reference FTW!!!
"Don't be a dick!"Wil Wheaton
post #68 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjwal View Post

tor·rid (tôrd, tr-)
adj. tor·rid·er, tor·rid·est
1. Parched with the heat of the sun; intensely hot.
2. Scorching; burning: the torrid noonday sun.
3. Passionate; ardent: a torrid love scene.
4. Hurried; rapid: set a torrid pace; torrid economic growth.

I believe #4 works

Thanks! I copied my definitions directly from my Mac's dictionary.

Incidentally, I'm a bit surprised by "torrider" and "torridest". I--and I assume many grammar nazis like me--would have reflexively corrected someone who used those words in the wild. <smug>Ahem. It's "more torrid" or "most torrid"!</smug>
post #69 of 81
Quote:

Incidentally, I'm a bit surprised by "torrider" and "torridest". I--and I assume many grammar nazis like me--would have reflexively corrected someone who used those words in the wild. <smug>Ahem. It's "more torrid" or "most torrid"!</smug>

I find that most grammar nazis are more concerned with how a sentence sounds or feels based on familiar usage than its correctitudiness.
post #70 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsegenmd View Post

I write dictionaries…have for the last 27 years; torrid is OK

It's possible "jbruni" had their mind in the gutter, and mistakenly was thinking, "turgid".
Knowing what you are talking about would help you understand why you are so wrong. By "Realistic" - AI Forum Member
Knowing what you are talking about would help you understand why you are so wrong. By "Realistic" - AI Forum Member
post #71 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly7475 View Post

You can be a "Microsoft shop" and still have Macs.

I know a lot of people that run iMacs and MacBook Pros in businesses. None of them run OSX though.

The article is about Mac growth not OS, so what is your point? Curious though as to why people or corporations would buy Macs and not run OS X on them at least some of the time.

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." Douglas Adams

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." Douglas Adams

post #72 of 81
Quote:

I find that most grammar nazis are more concerned with how a sentence sounds or feels based on familiar usage than its correctitudiness.

Dang nab it! That's the third time in this thread that I blew my coffee all over my keyboard!

Knock it off Soli... and quit with the "Humor Steroids" with out at least a warning, such as,

"I just got back from the Comedy Factory Seminar fully loaded. Further postings may contain material unsuited for adults drinking Apple-Flavored Java."... or something to that effect.

Geez!
post #73 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realistic View Post

The article is about Mac growth not OS, so what is your point?

Well... exactly. That's what I said. The article is about Mac growth, not Windows/OSX market share.

This article is more of a Apple vs Dell/HP thing... at least until we get some stats for OS's.

Quote:

Curious though as to why people or corporations would buy Macs and not run OS X on them at least some of the time

From what i gather Windows fits their needs better than OSX and Apple pull together some great hardware. It's a nice match.
post #74 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by gowhitestripes View Post

At my company, we develop with ASP.Net... most people have Macbook Pro's who aren't developers, and the developers are slowly moving over to using Macbook Pro's

- Windows 7 via bootcamp works great
- Battery life is awesome
- well made, light, powerful

Awesome.

Running Windows on the Mac is completely pointless. Yeah, the hardware is great and really nice. But what makes your development experience nice is a project with the right infrastructure and built around UNIX development principles that are frankly really rare these days. It is extremely hard to find a company that does things right, the UNIX way but those that do are a joy to work at.

Instead you will end up with the brain dead project infrastructure/organization, no consistent way to build and deploy stuff, paths hard coded, complete lack of understanding of the power and usefulness of the command line etc. Typical cowboy style Microsoft development that most corporations are doing these days.

So yeah, you can dream using Windows on your Mac in those shops but you will never experience why is it that UNIX is superior tool for development, because you don't have critical mass where you work and outright opposition to doing things right.

Mac Pro, 8 Core, 32 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 285 1 GB, 2 TB storage, 240 GB OWC Mercury Extreme SSD, 30'' Cinema Display, 27'' iMac, 24'' iMac, 17'' MBP, 13'' MBP, 32 GB iPhone 4, 64 GB iPad 3

Mac Pro, 8 Core, 32 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 285 1 GB, 2 TB storage, 240 GB OWC Mercury Extreme SSD, 30'' Cinema Display, 27'' iMac, 24'' iMac, 17'' MBP, 13'' MBP, 32 GB iPhone 4, 64 GB iPad 3

post #75 of 81
Quote:

Torrid:
1) very hot and dry
2) full of passionate or highly charged emotions arising from sexual love
3) full of difficulty or tribulation

Um. Which of these applies to Apple's growth in the enterprise market?

Wrong in usage as i have known it for 4o yrs .
Torrid means fast paced.
burning up the road.

most americans see this .
Some don't .

It also can mean a hot love affair .
whats in a name ? 
beatles
whats in a name ? 
beatles
post #76 of 81
Quote:

I particularly like the way the striping on the bars appears to be a mask that doesn't really line up, producing random checkerboard effects.

My suspicion is that in certain business quarters years of PC use has led to the impression that "ugly" equals "true." A nice Mac generated graph would probably be regarded as possibly the work of gay elitists with an agenda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Fine Line View Post

I thought it was a Vasarely -- presented upside down

post #77 of 81
Quote:

I think a more accurate term is correctitudnicity.

post #78 of 81
Yeah, yeah. But will this growth make Apple come out with a mid sized Mac? I don't see too many businesses willing to take a chance on all in ones for its most important computers. It's easy to go grab any monitor to keep running. Having to do without a business computer when it has to be sent out to fix the built in monitor is not something I would want to do. The Mac Pro is overkill for lots of normal business use but the mini has certain limitations that restrict its use.
post #79 of 81
Quote:

Curious though as to why people or corporations would buy Macs and not run OS X on them at least some of the time.

Mac user: Can I get a Mac? Can I get a Mac? Can I get a Mac? Can I get a Mac?

IT department: Fine. You can have a Mac, as long as it only runs Windows.

If IT departments can't shut out Apple hardware, they can at least shut out the operating system. As an added benefit, the IT department also looks good for providing the illusion of supporting "Macs".
post #80 of 81
Are you claiming that a large percentage increase over an insignificant base really means that much? Even if they doubled their market share from 1.5 to 3 percent over 2 years, that means oh so very little. Quoting large percentages like 66% growth over a menial 2% base as major headway into enterprise services is misleading to poor people who don't seem to understand the statistics. Unfortunately Macs kill any chance they have of major success in enterprise services with arbitrary development restrictions, high prices and lack of compatibility with most industry standards.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Apple makes huge inroads in enterprise as corporate Mac sales surge 66%