or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Apple Book store is not very good
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple Book store is not very good

post #1 of 3
Thread Starter 
why is the APPLE bookstore so sucky ?

I was looking to buy the new the new JOHN le CARRE NOVEL From the apple book store . It only sells audio books at a high price . And if you want read the book then you have to sync it over to a I-OAS device like the IPAD.



I found E BOOKS and for for 10 $ bucks gave a 20 sec DL and 10 minutes of trying to get the recmmended ADOBE flashed reader to work. Once on ADOBE world you can't go back and buy or view more books there .For some reason you have go back to the EBOOKreader site .

Does Any body know of a decent book reader for my mbp ??


thanks

9
whats in a name ? 
beatles
Reply
whats in a name ? 
beatles
Reply
post #2 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucep View Post

why is the APPLE bookstore so sucky ?

Because all bookstores are like that.

Quote:
I was looking to buy the new the new JOHN le CARRE NOVEL From the apple book store . It only sells audio books at a high price .

Because that's the price that audiobooks are.

Quote:
And if you want read the book then you have to sync it over to a I-OAS device like the IPAD.

That's... the idea. It's also iOS for future reference.

Quote:
I found E BOOKS and for for 10 $ bucks gave a 20 sec DL and 10 minutes of trying to get the recmmended ADOBE flashed reader to work. Once on ADOBE world you can't go back and buy or view more books there .For some reason you have go back to the EBOOKreader site .

Again, ALSO THE IDEA. Trapping people inside an ecosystem. Adobe does it, Amazon does it, and Apple does it because they're forced to have DRM on their ePub files.

Quote:
Does Any body know of a decent book reader for my mbp ??

Stanza.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply
post #3 of 3
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Because all bookstores are like that.



Because that's the price that audiobooks are.



That's... the idea. It's also iOS for future reference.



Again, ALSO THE IDEA. Trapping people inside an ecosystem. Adobe does it, Amazon does it, and Apple does it because they're forced to have DRM on their ePub files.



Stanza.

i simply wanted to stay with apple and read a book thru i tunes
so i got annoyed at such a simple task made cumbersome

stanza ? ok thanks a bunch


9
whats in a name ? 
beatles
Reply
whats in a name ? 
beatles
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac Software
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Apple Book store is not very good