or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › People who believe in fairy tales and predictions from them are stupid!

People who believe in fairy tales and predictions from them are stupid! - Page 4

post #121 of 226
Another classic jimmac-ism:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

I really must have hit a nerve...

Typically used when he gets called out on some illogical assumption he's made and he can't (or won't) back down.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

post #122 of 226
All the strawmen of Jimmac telling you what you think and then chastising you for thinking it aside, there's still this craziness out there and it is attempting to fix our economy.

QE2 was a bust.

I rarely quote full articles but this one is so filled with info that it's worth it.

Quote:
Its cost $600 billion of your money. And it was supposed to rescue the economy. But has Ben Bernankes huge financial stimulus package, known as Quantitative Easing 2, actually worked as planned?

QE2 is being wound down in the next few weeks. Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke has said it has left the economy moving in the right direction.

But an analysis of the real numbers tells a very different story.

Turns out the program has created maybe 700,000 full-time jobs at a cost of around $850,000 each.

House prices are lower than before QE2 was launched. Economic growth is slower. Inflation is higher.

Yes, its sparked a massive boom on the stock market. Ordinary investors have started piling back into shares again. And last week we saw the latest example of the return of animal spirits on Wall Street, as stock in new dot-com LinkedIn LNKD +2.64% skyrocketed on its debut. How to cash in on LinkedIn .

But even the stock market boom hasnt been what it appears. An analysis shows that most of the rise in the Standard & Poors 500 Index SPX +0.42% under QE2 has simply been a result of the decline in the dollar in which shares are measured.

The truth? QE2 has created a massive new bubble in dollar-based financial assets, from stocks to gold. Meanwhile, it has had zero visible effect on the real economy.

Take jobs. According to the U.S. Labor Department, since last August the number of full-time workers has gone up by just 700,000, from 111.8 million to 112.5 million.

At a cost of $600 billion, thats $850,000 a job.

The pictures even more meager. Over the same period, the number of part-time workers has gone down by 600,000. In other words, weve basically shifted 600,000 or 700,000 workers from part-time jobs to full-time jobs.

The percentage of the population in work is actually lower today 58.4%, compared to 58.5% last August. The percentage of the workforce in actual work, the so-called participation rate, has fallen by half a percentage point.

Some recovery.

April housing starts fell 11%.

Housing is double-dipping. Big time. According to the National Association of Realtors, the average price of an existing (i.e. used) home was $177,300 in August, just before QE2.

Today? Its $163,700 or 8% less.

Economic growth has slowed. It was 2.6% last summer. Its a miserable 1.8% now.

Meanwhile inflation has risen, from 1.2% before QE2 to 3.1% now.

Okay, maybe the economy would have been even worse without QE2. But the data do puncture any claim that these economic policies are working as advertized. Economists are now growing more and more gloomy about the outlook ahead. Retailer Gap on Friday became the latest economic bellwether to warn on weak sales and rising costs.

Meanwhile QE2 has created an entirely artificial bubble in all dollar-based assets.

Look at the stock market. Since Aug. 27, when Bernanke unveiled his plan for QE2 in Jackson Hole, Wyo., the S&P 500 has risen by 26%.

So far, so good, right? But its an illusion. Whats really happened is a decline in the value of the dollars that the shares are measured in.

Measured in hard currencies, the stock market boom has been much less impressive. In Swiss francs, the S&P has risen by just 8.4% since Aug. 27. In currencies like the Swedish krone and Australian dollars its even less. Measured in gold, the S&P 500 is up just 4.5%.

Meanwhile the illusion of a boom is causing all sorts of investors to take crazy risks. Witness LinkedIns IPO. Economists from the so-called Austrian school say this is a reason to go back to a gold standard. It certainly makes you wonder whats next.

What's next, probably QE3 because being wrong twice just means you weren't trying hard enough.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #123 of 226
Quote:

It's better because without it a man could want you, your wife, and all you own. If powerful enough he could just come into your house and take those things and there would be no policeman to stop him. No law would protect you and police coverage if it did exist would be worse than it is now because not everybody would pay for it. They'd rather spend the money on something else. So we have taxes to pay for it to make sure that doesn't happen. And even in that kind of society there's corruption because people will be people but at least there's something tp protect you from that just happening. It's better than just the wild west MJ's advocating.

Thank you for answering my question.

Perhaps you need to study up a bit on what anarchy is, as your view of it is obviously influenced by statist propaganda against it.

Let me help you get started. According to Wikipedia:

"Anarchy (from Greek: ἀναρχίᾱ anarchÃ*ā, "without ruler") may refer to any of several political states, and has been variously defined by sources. Most often, the term "anarchy" describes the simple absence of publicly recognized government or enforced political authority. When used in this sense, anarchy may or may not imply political disorder or lawlessness within a society. In another sense, anarchy may not refer to a complete lack of authority or political organization, but instead refer to a social state characterized by absolute direct democracy or libertarianism."

So you see, anarchy does not necessarily imply the total absence of law and order, as you think it does.

And you still have yet to show where, exactly, MJ1970 is advocating anarchy in the first place.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #124 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Thank you for answering my question.

Perhaps you need to study up a bit on what anarchy is, as your view of it is obviously influenced by statist propaganda against it.

Let me help you get started. According to Wikipedia:

"Anarchy (from Greek: ἀναρχίᾱ anarchÃ*ā, "without ruler") may refer to any of several political states, and has been variously defined by sources. Most often, the term "anarchy" describes the simple absence of publicly recognized government or enforced political authority. When used in this sense, anarchy may or may not imply political disorder or lawlessness within a society. In another sense, anarchy may not refer to a complete lack of authority or political organization, but instead refer to a social state characterized by absolute direct democracy or libertarianism."

So you see, anarchy does not necessarily imply the total absence of law and order, as you think it does.

And you still have yet to show where, exactly, MJ1970 is advocating anarchy in the first place.

Listen. As I've stated I used to be a Libertarian. I went to meetings here in town and both my parents were into it. So I'm pretty familiar with what they'd change if they were in power. It's pretty obvious that their brand of limited anarchy wouldn't work. If you know people you don't have to be a rocket scientist to know why. That's why even after all this time there isn't one in the Whitehouse. Also sorry about your blindspot.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #125 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

All the strawmen of Jimmac telling you what you think and then chastising you for thinking it aside, there's still this craziness out there and it is attempting to fix our economy.

QE2 was a bust.

I rarely quote full articles but this one is so filled with info that it's worth it.

What's next, probably QE3 because being wrong twice just means you weren't trying hard enough.

So are you a Libertarian now?
post #126 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Another classic jimmac-ism:

Typically used when he gets called out on some illogical assumption he's made and he can't (or won't) back down.

Well some people nerves are really sensitive! Sorrry MJ.

That's when I usually use it.
post #127 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

Yes just like that. Exactly what he was talking about.

Yes SDW and I have sparred on this forum forever.

Howeverl it doesn't make what I said untrue now does it?
post #128 of 226
Quote:

Listen. As I've stated I used to be a Libertarian. I went to meetings here in town and both my parents were into it. So I'm pretty familiar with what they'd change if they were in power. It's pretty obvious that their brand of limited anarchy wouldn't work. If you know people you don't have to be a rocket scientist to know why. That's why even after all this time there isn't one in the Whitehouse. Also sorry about your blindspot.

Going to meetings or even voting for a Libertarian Party candidate doesn't mean you understand libertarianism or that you are a libertarian. Your posts indicate that your understanding of it is very limited.

post #129 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Going to meetings or even voting for a Libertarian Party candidate doesn't mean you understand libertarianism or that you are a libertarian. Your posts indicate that your understanding of it is very limited.

I understood plenty. But no matter about your assessment of my time with them ( Jesus! We had a poster of Roger MacBride on the front of our house for flippen sakes! For those of you too young to remember http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_MacBride ) you don't have to go very far to find the pit falls of their viewpoint.

Ps. I still have Roger's poster in my garage.
post #130 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

Actually there are 25 economics nobel laureates that are either faculty or former students of U of Chicago.

http://www.uchicago.edu/about/accolades/nobel/

And what were the REAL WORLD results, as opposed to their pompous high-brow theoretical hot air, of their so-called "expertise"? No matter to (against?) which country they applied their methods, the result was consistent: Economic collapse, mass unemployment, poverty, strife, and loss of life savings for greater proportion of society, while an élitist, self serving minority, led by criminal insiders, raped, looted and pillaged national coffers and treasuries.

Nobel prizes for economics for those Chicago school looters, aka MAFIA: Orwellian doublespeak. Just like Obama's "Peace Prize" (sic), for instigating more wars, and authorizing $multi-billion state-sponsored terrorism against Pakistani citizens.
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
post #131 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

And what were the REAL WORLD results,

Freedom? Prosperity? Wealth and job creation?

Quote:

No matter to (against?) which country they applied their methods, the result was consistent: Economic collapse, mass unemployment, poverty, strife, and loss of life savings for greater proportion of society, while an élitist, self serving minority, led by criminal insiders, raped, looted and pillaged national coffers and treasuries.

Where are you speaking of? Perhaps we could have a concrete discussion and a real analysis of what happened as opposed to what you think happened.

Quote:

Nobel prizes for economics for those Chicago school looters, aka MAFIA: Orwellian doublespeak. Just like Obama's "Peace Prize" (sic), for instigating more wars, and authorizing $multi-billion state-sponsored terrorism against Pakistani citizens.

post #132 of 226
Quote:

Well then I guess you can't read either. You guys can try to dodge this all you want. He was equating freedom which he is advocating and anarchy.

No, he asked you to tell him the difference, which you still have not done. You are the one claiming he is advocating anarchy. He stated some facts about it, but he has not advocated for it.

Quote:

And coming from the master of " White is Black " this is a special treat!

I really must have hit a nerve this time folks since they've also resurrected the Libertarianism thread.

Guys, you missed this jimmac-ism: "White is black." That's what he says when you disagree with him.

Quote:

Remember I have many of yours as well! Shall we take a stroll down memory lane together?

Sure. I'll be happy to either defend a previous statement, explain it, or indicate I was wrong. Whichever you like.

Quote:

Freedom? Prosperity? Wealth and job creation?

Where are you speaking of? Perhaps we could have a concrete discussion and a real analysis of what happened as opposed to what you think happened.

Good luck with that, my friend. Though, here's an interesting question: Sammi...what economic school of thought do you support?
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #133 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

No, he asked you to tell him the difference, which you still have not done. You are the one claiming he is advocating anarchy. He stated some facts about it, but he has not advocated for it.

Guys, you missed this jimmac-ism: "White is black." That's what he says when you disagree with him.

Sure. I'll be happy to either defend a previous statement, explain it, or indicate I was wrong. Whichever you like.

Good luck with that, my friend. Though, here's an interesting question: Sammi...what economic school of thought do you support?

Quote:

Look next time you post and look stupid ( again ) why don't you try reading what you're talking about? I mean you keep trying to claim I have no understanding of what I'm talking about while you seem like the poster child of this.
Here's the quote :

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac
There is a difference between " Freedom " and total anarchy. And if that's what you're selling no wonder not many are buying.

And MJ's reply :

Is there? Really? Perhaps your deep study and understanding of society and political philosophy will shed some light on this insight.

First I state there is a difference between the two and if that's what you’re selling ( and he never denies it ) then he comes back with " Really? Is there? " Now this is just vague enough ( as he's the master of this technique ) that he could try to turn this into something else after he saw it was going to cause problems but that's not what it looks like originally. Also before he's stated he likes the concept of anarchy.

PS. Or maybe he should get off of his high horse and quit trying to feign superority like this was his class room and I'm his student ( I wouldn't even like this approach as a student ).
post #134 of 226
Quote:

Look next time you post and look stupid ( again )

Wow. That looked like a direct personal attack.

Quote:

First I state there is a difference between the two

And I asked for you to grace us with your deep and insightful knowledge of freedom, anarchy and political philosophy to explain these two concepts.

Quote:

Also before he's stated he likes the concept of anarchy.

Yes...before I have. But not in that post. I was asking you to explain the difference. Mostly because I suspect you don't know what anarchy or freedom really are. That's the really funny part.

P.S. One more thing...It's truly amusing that you equate cutting the income tax and cutting government spending with anarchy. Typical statist mindset.

post #135 of 226
Quote:

Or maybe he should get off of his high horse and quit trying to feign superority

I'm not feigning superiority over you.

post #136 of 226
Quote:

Wow. That looked like a direct personal attack.

And I asked for you to grace us with your deep and insightful knowledge of freedom, anarchy and political philosophy to explain these two concepts.

Yes...before I have. But not in that post. I was asking you to explain the difference. Mostly because I suspect you don't know what anarchy or freedom really are. That's the really funny part.

Quote:
Wow. That looked like a direct personal attack

Just trying to keep him from looking stupid.

Quote:
Yes...before I have

So no matter what you claim about this at the end of the day what does it matter. You like anarchy and you admit it. So in reality you are advocating it.

End of story.

Ps. Even though I know you gotta have the last word so you won't let it go.
post #137 of 226
Quote:

By telling him that does look stupid? I'm sure he appreciates your concern for his appearance, however misplaced it may be.

post #138 of 226
Quote:

By telling him that does look stupid? I'm sure he appreciates your concern for his appearance, however misplaced it may be.

See what I mean.

And he's called me worse.
post #139 of 226
Quote:

See what I mean.

No.

Quote:

And he's called me worse.

Fifty-eight years old and still didn't get that lesson most of us learned in kindergarten that twp wrongs don't make a right.

post #140 of 226
Quote:

So no matter what you claim about this at the end of the day what does it matter. You like anarchy and you admit it. So in reality you are advocating it.

End of story.

Ps. Even though I know you gotta have the last word so you won't let it go.

Yes, I do advocate freedom. Said that more people do not.

Well...you got your out from actually answering the question. Good for you. \

post #141 of 226
Quote:

Yes, I do advocate freedom. Said that more people do not.

Well...you got your out from actually answering the question. Good for you. \

And Anrchy ( which I think there's a difference but I'm not going to get into that now ).
post #142 of 226
Quote:

No.

Fifty-eight years old and still didn't get that lesson most of us learned in kindergarten that twp wrongs don't make a right.

You could reflect on that lesson yourself.
post #143 of 226
Quote:

And Anrchy ( which I think there's a difference but I'm not going to get into that now ).

Of course you won't.

post #144 of 226
Quote:

Of course you won't.

Yes! Because it's Saturday and I've got to go.
post #145 of 226
Quote:

Yes! Because it's Saturday and I've got to go.

But what about yesterday?

post #146 of 226
Quote:

Look next time you post and look stupid ( again ) why don't you try reading what you're talking about?

Continue the ad homs. See where it gets you.

Quote:
I mean you keep trying to claim I have no understanding of what I'm talking about while you seem like the poster child of this.

I am not claiming that at all. I believe you have me confused with MJ. I'm simply saying his quote does not indicate what you say it does.

Quote:
Here's the quote :

First I state there is a difference between the two and if that's what you’re selling ( and he never denies it ) then he comes back with " Really? Is there? " Now this is just vague enough ( as he's the master of this technique ) that he could try to turn this into something else after he saw it was going to cause problems but that's not what it looks like originally. Also before he's stated he likes the concept of anarchy.

PS. Or maybe he should get off of his high horse and quit trying to feign superority like this was his class room and I'm his student ( I wouldn't even like this approach as a student ).

That quote of his does not even come CLOSE to showing that he is advocating anarchy. Moreover, YOU are the one who is making the claim!

Synopsis:

jimmac: You're talking about anarchy. There is a difference between freedom and anarchy.

MJ: Is there?

jimmac: Yes! Case closed, because I say so.

MJ: OK

jimmac: You want anarchy, you anarchist!

MJ: I never claimed that, I asked you to show me the difference.

jimmac: SDW is a slut.

</end>
post #147 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Continue the ad homs. See where it gets you.

I am not claiming that at all. I believe you have me confused with MJ. I'm simply saying his quote does not indicate what you say it does.

That quote of his does not even come CLOSE to showing that he is advocating anarchy. Moreover, YOU are the one who is making the claim!

Synopsis:

jimmac: You're talking about anarchy. There is a difference between freedom and anarchy.

MJ: Is there?

jimmac: Yes! Case closed, because I say so.

MJ: OK

jimmac: You want anarchy, you anarchist!

MJ: I never claimed that, I asked you to show me the difference.

jimmac: SDW is a slut.

</end>

Funny I don't recall calling you a slut ( although you've called me plenty in your time ).

No SDW I don't have confused with anyone. Your claim of myself not understanding anything was your justification for you stupid, off topic, spelling bee. Remember?

Here's the real quote again without your editing :
Quote:
Is there? Really? Perhaps your deep study and understanding of society and political philosophy will shed some light on this insight.

Notice he doesn't deny it. And later he even verifies his position :

Quote:
Yes...before I have

So in summary he does advocate anarchy. There's enough vagueness in his answer that it could be taken either way. And you ( once again ) are out in left field on the subject.
post #148 of 226
Quote:

Funny I don't recall calling you a slut ( although you've called me plenty in your time ).

No SDW I don't have confused with anyone. Your claim of myself not understanding anything was your justification for you stupid, off topic, spelling bee. Remember?

Here's the real quote again without your editing :

Notice he doesn't deny it. And later he even varifys his position : .

So in summary he does advocate anarchy. There's enough vaugeness in his answer that it could be taken either way. And you ( once again ) are out in left field on the subject.

You're just getting it are you. You miss key things like "Yes, I have BEFORE. But I wasn't in THAT post."

Whatever. Still waiting for your insightful discourse on the philosophies of freedom an anarchy.

I suspect the extent of it is this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac

There is a difference between " Freedom " and total anarchy.

post #149 of 226
Quote:

And you ( once again ) are out in left field on the subject.

Actually, no, he understood exactly what was being said and asked.

post #150 of 226
Quote:

You're just getting it are you. You miss key things like "Yes, I have BEFORE. But I wasn't in THAT post."

Whatever. Still waiting for your insightful discourse on the philosophies of freedom an anarchy.

I suspect the extent of it is this:

Quote:
You're just getting it are you.

Oh Jesus Christ how republican of you!

The problem here is if that was what you meant you should have denied it instead of acting smart. You're your own worst enemy when trying to communicate.

Freedom as it pertains to people in my mind means the ability to act within the rights of the individual without stepping on someone else’s freedoms. That requires rules where anarchy has no rules.

It's just anything goes.
post #151 of 226
Quote:

Actually, no, he understood exactly what was being said and asked.

Sure.
post #152 of 226
Quote:

Freedom as it pertains to people in my mind means the ability to act within the rights of the individual without stepping on someone elses freedoms.

And do you support this kind of freedom?

Quote:

anarchy has no rules.

It's just anything goes.

Bzzzt. Wrong.

post #153 of 226
Quote:

And do you support this kind of freedom?

Bzzzt. Wrong.

Tell me how I'm wrong.

Quote:
Definition of ANARCHY

a: absence of government b: a state of lawlessness or political disorder due to the absence of governmental authority c: a utopian society of individuals who enjoy complete freedom without government

a: absence or denial of any authority or established order b: absence of order : disorder <not manicured plots but a wild anarchy of nature — Israel Shenker>

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/anarchy

Given that it's an extreme to the opposite condition it's pretty black and white according to the dictionary.
post #154 of 226
Quote:

Tell me how I'm wrong.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/anarchy

Given that it's an extreme to the opposite condition it's pretty black and white according to the dictionary.

Actually it isn't so black and white...look at definition 1a.

Are you going to answer my latest question?

post #155 of 226
Quote:

Actually it isn't so black and white...look at definition 1a.

Are you going to answer my latest question?

So you're picking the part of the definition that fits your argument. But as you can see that's not the only way of looking at it.

Given that we don't have anything close to a utopian society ( and aren't even on track to acheiving that ) I don't think that's the closest definition to the subject.

And if you think that just removing the government will get us there I'm going to have a good laugh!
post #156 of 226
Jimmac, why don't you stop calling people names or telling them what they believe and tell us all how this President ought to be defended with regard to his progress or lack there of for governing via these fairy tales.

I mean perhaps it is because everyone here is a little older but you should recall how you declared we ought not judge Obama too soon when these actions took place and how we "had to do something." I mean that was 2.5 years ago already. By the time of the next election it will have been four years and while that may not feel like a long time after this number of years, the reality is that 2.5-4 years is a massive amount of time.

Also saying "the economy was worse than they thought" means they didn't have the ability to truly understand the problem. How can such ignorance be excused? How can it suddenly be pointed at and declared competence and expertise?

There is no middle ground on the matter. The solution can't be declared to be working but we just didn't realize how bad it was to start because part of the competence to design the solution is having the ability to know how bad the problem is in the first place.

post #157 of 226
Quote:

Jimmac, why don't you stop calling people names or telling them what they believe and tell us all how this President ought to be defended with regard to his progress or lack there of for governing via these fairy tales.

I mean perhaps it is because everyone here is a little older but you should recall how you declared we ought not judge Obama too soon when these actions took place and how we "had to do something." I mean that was 2.5 years ago already. By the time of the next election it will have been four years and while that may not feel like a long time after this number of years, the reality is that 2.5-4 years is a massive amount of time.

Also saying "the economy was worse than they thought" means they didn't have the ability to truly understand the problem. How can such ignorance be excused? How can it suddenly be pointed at and declared competence and expertise?

There is no middle ground on the matter. The solution can't be declared to be working but we just didn't realize how bad it was to start because part of the competence to design the solution is having the ability to know how bad the problem is in the first place.

Why don't you stop trying peddle your personal opinions as if they were gospel?

Also why do you refuse to look at where this all started? Oh! That's right. It's in the past so it doesn't count ( it only counts if it's a democrat ).

Also I've stated repeatedly that I'm not pleased with everything Obama's doing but he's still better than the Greedy Ol' Party.

And trumpy lots of people were saying this was a really bad problem from the start ( before Obama ). The worst since the Great Depression ( I don't know how you could compare it to something worse ) and yet those in control weren't listening then.

And you know 8 years of stupid mistakes back in the first decade of this century is pretty long period of time also.
post #158 of 226
blah blah blah

long time...blah...burp...

...8 years of mistakes....blah burp

...bah blah GOP...Obama...blah

burp gurgle...worst than expected...great depression...pfft

SSDP

post #159 of 226
Quote:

Why don't you stop trying peddle your personal opinions as if they were gospel?

If they were gospel you'd be sending me your 10% tithe Jimmac. This is a messenger attack rather than fact based. You continue the trend of ignoring the message.

Quote:
Also why do you refuse to look at where this all started? Oh! That's right. It's in the past so it doesn't count ( it only counts if it's a democrat ).

I've not ignored where it started. I've not given Republicans a free pass at all about acting like Democrats and I've declared that they need to come around much more like my paleo-conservative views that I've always espoused. There were threads where I trashed Bush for not being very conservative and spending too much. Guys like you were in those thread telling me I was nuts and that he was the most conservative thing imaginable. The Democrats ran against Bush claiming PAYGO in 2006 and ending foreign wars and using the savings to stop deficit spending in 2008. Those are conservative positions and they lied about them.

Quote:
Also I've stated repeatedly that I'm not pleased with everything Obama's doing but he's still better than the Greedy Ol' Party.

His inflation is going to destroy whatever hope of retirement you have.

Quote:
And trumpy lots of people were saying this was a really bad problem from the start ( before Obama ). The worst since the Great Depression ( I don't know how you could compare it to something worse ) and yet those in control weren't listening then.

It was and is a bad problem. Like most western governments the problem is deeper. Thus the many boomer threads on here because it isn't about just political party at all, but about beliefs related to utopia and attempting to make that utopia arrive via manipulation of policy and currency by governments.

And you know 8 years of stupid mistakes back in the first decade of this century is pretty long period of time also.[/QUOTE]

post #160 of 226
Quote:

If they were gospel you'd be sending me your 10% tithe Jimmac. This is a messenger attack rather than fact based. You continue the trend of ignoring the message.

I've not ignored where it started. I've not given Republicans a free pass at all about acting like Democrats and I've declared that they need to come around much more like my paleo-conservative views that I've always espoused. There were threads where I trashed Bush for not being very conservative and spending too much. Guys like you were in those thread telling me I was nuts and that he was the most conservative thing imaginable. The Democrats ran against Bush claiming PAYGO in 2006 and ending foreign wars and using the savings to stop deficit spending in 2008. Those are conservative positions and they lied about them.

His inflation is going to destroy whatever hope of retirement you have.

It was and is a bad problem. Like most western governments the problem is deeper. Thus the many boomer threads on here because it isn't about just political party at all, but about beliefs related to utopia and attempting to make that utopia arrive via manipulation of policy and currency by governments.

And you know 8 years of stupid mistakes back in the first decade of this century is pretty long period of time also.

[/QUOTE]

Quote:
There were threads where I trashed Bush for not being very conservative and spending too much.

My criticism of Bush is well documented. Perhaps you could provide some quotes for yours.

And how about something while he was in office if you're looking for them.

And what are you offering as an alternative? Republicans? They got us into this in the first place. MJ's 3rd party that can't win? So what do you offer as an alternative trunptman?
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › People who believe in fairy tales and predictions from them are stupid!