or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Game of Thrones

Game of Thrones

post #1 of 4
Any one want to discuss? TV version. Book version. All of the above?

Wouldn't mind discussion on Spartacus either.
post #2 of 4
I've seen the ads for it ... sounds interesting... but haven't the time to watch it. Neither have I read the books.

Perhaps when it's available from iTunes I'll watch it.
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
post #3 of 4
The fantasy books series is unfinished, probably the most dissatisfying part of the series. GRRM and his publisher have fallen in the typical morass of milking a series for all its worth, and likely a bit of writer's block, resulting in a watered down spaghetti of a story. Like other series, this series really needs someone to keep them tight and to finish strong. With the TV series, I'm skeptical GRRM can finish within a decade.

That said, the first 3 books have been the most entertaining fantasy books I've read. GRRM was very disciplined to tone down magical elements and stick with character developments. The character developments is where the novels shine.
post #4 of 4
new one in July. Im pumped!
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Game of Thrones