or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › Apple OSX 10.7 It's coming and I can't wait!

Apple OSX 10.7 It's coming and I can't wait!

post #1 of 13
I use to be iNAP Join Date 04-28-2005
I feel like such a newbie.lol

www.iDadGraphics.com

www.iDadGraphics.com
post #2 of 13
I just had flashbacks to the '90s.

Or, rather, flashbacks to other forums where they let people have image signatures.

And I'll just chip in here with a bubble burster: it's not likely to actually come out in summer.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

post #3 of 13
I read just the opposite that this summer it'll be here. what do you mean flash backs?

www.iDadGraphics.com

www.iDadGraphics.com
post #4 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by iDad View Post

I read just the opposite that this summer it'll be here. what do you mean flash backs?

your joking right ???

flash back CAN COME from a few area's .

Fighting for a while on the front lines of vietnam . And after you go home some months later
you start getting flash backs of your past war time experiences. Like you relive a bad time during a waking time .

and or a heavy LSD trip or trips and they claim if you takes enough trips you can get flash backs . And or you re live a LSD TRIP .

Sadly the word is over use today ..

whats in a name ? 
beatles
whats in a name ? 
beatles
post #5 of 13
Quote:

It's been over three years people have been complaining and requesting a simple pad sensitivity adjustment bar in the Touchpad prefs pane and still no word from Apple if they will ever listen and implement this. It shouldn't be that difficult, as the Synaptics touchpad is similar to that used in numerous WinMachines that offer this feature.

As many people have noted, this is the one single thing that they hate the most (myself included) about the MBP. Fix this fatal flaw and the machine is a stellar performer; leave it unfixed and the MBP continues to be the quirkiest piece Apple has ever put out-practically unusable in many touchpad operational modes.

Apple used to be responsive, but this issue has dragged on now for 3+ years with many people on numerous forums and message boards complaining about this. What gives, Apple? Maybe in 10.7 ??
post #6 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabeachguy View Post

It's been over three years people have been complaining and requesting a simple pad sensitivity adjustment bar in the Touchpad prefs pane and still no word from Apple if they will ever listen and implement this. It shouldn't be that difficult, as the Synaptics touchpad is similar to that used in numerous WinMachines that offer this feature.

As many people have noted, this is the one single thing that they hate the most (myself included) about the MBP. Fix this fatal flaw and the machine is a stellar performer; leave it unfixed and the MBP continues to be the quirkiest piece Apple has ever put out-practically unusable in many touchpad operational modes.

Sorry, what's the purpose of this? What reason is there to ever change sensitivity?

Quote:
Apple used to be responsive, but this issue has dragged on now for 3+ years with many people on numerous forums and message boards complaining about this. What gives, Apple? Maybe in 10.7 ??

Oh, no! A minor feature that maybe ten people will use isn't being added to the OS! Apple doesn't care about anything anymore!

post #7 of 13
Quote:

LOL after reading the first two lines of your image I thought the third line would read "May 21st 2011"... or what is it now, October or something? Aslan, coming to save us all. Jesus returns as a Lion (the animal, not the OS). That would surely mindf*ck a few people...
post #8 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucep View Post

your joking right ???

flash back CAN COME from a few area's .

Fighting for a while on the front lines of vietnam . And after you go home some months later
you start getting flash backs of your past war time experiences. Like you relive a bad time during a waking time .

and or a heavy LSD trip or trips and they claim if you takes enough trips you can get flash backs . And or you re live a LSD TRIP .

Sadly the word is over use today ..

Sorry dude "flashbacks" has been abused for 10 years now.

The sacrifices of Vietnam never known by a few generations.

War is but a videogame.

The Osama kill merely a "map" in Call of Duty.

And LSD has passed in favour of "happier" drugs like MDMA or Yoga(I kid you not).

BTW no offense but you sound like you've had a few decent trips in your lifetime...
post #9 of 13
dbled post
whats in a name ? 
beatles
whats in a name ? 
beatles
post #10 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Sorry dude "flashbacks" has been abused for 10 years now.

The sacrifices of Vietnam never known by a few generations.

War is but a videogame.

The Osama kill merely a "map" in Call of Duty.

And LSD has passed in favour of "happier" drugs like MDMA or Yoga(I kid you not).

BTW no offense but you sound like you've had a few decent trips in your lifetime...

I 've seen my share of sacrifices of Vietnam
been there done that, but for the life of me your flashback comment does not compute
LION COMING IN July...... you can put that in your crack pipe and smoke it LOL

www.iDadGraphics.com

www.iDadGraphics.com
post #11 of 13
Ready?

Yep, I'm running OSX Lion DP4 as my main OS on my iMac now. Ran it on an external drive for a couple of days to check stability then backed up and wiped my iMac. Installed Lion, all my software, docs etc and its fine.
post #12 of 13
using it on my macbook pro and everything seems fine with DP4.

Some nice surprise features available now such as full screen Back to My Mac remote desktop
post #13 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by philiporeilly View Post

using it on my macbook pro and everything seems fine with DP4.

Launchpad, Mission Control, Photo Booth, and iTunes aren't ready yet, just to name a few. DP4 is quite nice, though. QuickTime understands what full screening means now and how to properly get out of that. Safari's still shot by the memory leak...

Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac OS X
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › Apple OSX 10.7 It's coming and I can't wait!