or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Replace President Obama with President Bush or Sarah Palin in this video

Replace President Obama with President Bush or Sarah Palin in this video

post #1 of 33
Ask yourself how loud and long the media shitstorm would be and how long the prattling would go on about how unrefined, ignorant, and stupid they would be for such a mistake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNRXG...layer_embedded

It's sort of hilarious to watch how badly the liberal media complex cheers on the President. Why even Ted Rall has noticed it and he had to look up from his book calling for a violent overthrow of the government long enough to notice the censoring going on.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #2 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Ask yourself how loud and long the media shitstorm would be and how long the prattling would go on about how unrefined, ignorant, and stupid they would be for such a mistake.

It's sort of hilarious to watch how badly the liberal media complex cheers on the President. Why even Ted Rall has noticed it and he had to look up from his book calling for a violent overthrow of the government long enough to notice the censoring going on.

Yup, double standard. We should expect nothing less.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #3 of 33
The silence from the Obamatons is deafening.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #4 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

The anthem started in a break in his toast. Meh. Who gives a fuck. This wasn't even in the news over here.
post #5 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

The anthem started in a break in his toast. Meh. Who gives a fuck. This wasn't even in the news over here.

Actually it was.

post #6 of 33
Quote:

Actually it was.

Oh. The Daily Telegraph. That's still going, then.

No one cared. No one cares.
post #7 of 33
Quote:

Oh. The Daily Telegraph. That's still going, then.

No one cared. No one cares.

It isn't as if anyone cared that Palin winked or that Bush had the occasional mangling of a word or two. The point is and remains that Democratic media operatives kept using little flubs to label the opposition in their view as idiots.

Obama also signed the date as 2008 this week. These things were constant under Bush and remain that way under Palin. It is a clear double standard.

post #8 of 33
Quote:

Democratic media operatives .

'Democratic media operatives' indeed. Awesome.

Democratic media operatives. In every newspaper in the world. From Iceland to South Africa.

George Bush made your nation a laughing stock. Barack Obama’s repairing the damage.

The whole world’s full of ‘Democratic operatives’.

Hey, trumptman, I still think you can get a little more hysterical.

I imagine you in a sort of tartan skirt, in a ginger wig, stamping your little footsies in a puddle of urine and shrieking that the bad man was naughty because more people voted for him.

'Democratic media operatives.'
post #9 of 33
Quote:

You are smart as I read from your posts politics is all a show with the politicians as the greatest actors.
post #10 of 33
Quote:

Democratic media operatives. In every newspaper in the world. From Iceland to South Africa.

George Bush made your nation a laughing stock. Barack Obamas repairing the damage.

The whole worlds full of Democratic operatives.

I imagine you in a sort of tartan skirt, in a ginger wig, stamping your little footsies in a puddle of urine and shrieking that the bad man was naughty because more people voted for him.

I said nothing about the world. You claimed it wasn't reported on in the UK. I merely showed you it was.

Conservative critics of the media say some bias exists within a wide variety of media channels including network news shows of CBS, ABC, and NBC, cable channels CNN and MSNBC, as well as major newspapers, news-wires, and radio outlets, especially CBS News, Newsweek, and the New York Times.[15] These arguments intensified when it was revealed that the Democratic Party received a total donation of $1,020,816, given by 1,160 employees of the three major broadcast television networks (NBC, CBS, ABC), while the Republican Party received only $142,863 via 193 donations.[16] Both of these figures represent donations made in 2008.

A 2002 study by Jim A. Kuypers of Dartmouth College, Press Bias and Politics, investigated the issue of media bias. In this study of 116 mainstream US papers, including The New York Times, the Washington Post, Los Angeles Times, and the San Francisco Chronicle, Kuypers stated that the mainstream press in America tends to favor liberal viewpoints.[19] They claimed that reporters who they thought were expressing moderate or conservative points of view were often labeled as holding a minority point of view.[19] Kuypers said he found liberal bias in reporting a variety of issues including race, welfare reform, environmental protection, and gun control.[19]

A poll of likely 2008 United States presidential election voters released on March 14, 2007 by Zogby International reports that 83 percent of those surveyed believe that there is a bias in the media, with 64 percent of respondents of the opinion that this bias favors liberals and 28 percent of respondents believing that this bias is conservative.[63] In August 2008 the Washington Post ombudsman wrote that the Post had published almost three times as many page 1 stories about Barack Obama than it had about John McCain since Obama won the Democratic party nomination that June.[64] In September 2008 a Rasmussen poll found that 68 percent of voters believed that "most reporters try to help the candidate they want to win." Forty-nine (49) percent of respondents stated that the reporters were helping Barack Obama to get elected, while only 14 percent said the same regarding John McCain. A further 51 percent said that the press was actively "trying to hurt" Republican Vice Presidential nominee Sarah Palin with negative coverage.[65] In October 2008, The Washington Post media correspondent Howard Kurtz reported that Sarah Palin was again on the cover of Newsweek, "but with the most biased campaign headline I've ever seen."[66]

After the election was over, the Washington Post ombudsman Deborah Howell reviewed the Post's coverage and concluded that it was tilted in favor of Obama.[67] "The Post provided a lot of good campaign coverage, but readers have been consistently critical of the lack of probing issues coverage and what they saw as a tilt toward Democrat Barack Obama. My surveys, which ended on Election Day, show that they are right on both counts." Over the course of the campaign, the Post printed 594 "issues stories" and 1,295 "horse-race stories." There were more positive opinion pieces on Obama than McCain (32 to 13) and more negative pieces about McCain than Obama (58 to 32). Overall, more news stories were dedicated to Obama than McCain. Howell said that the results of her survey were comparable to those reported by the Project for Excellence in Journalism for the national media. (That report, issued on October 22, 2008, found that "coverage of McCain has been heavily unfavorable," with 57% of the stories issued after the conventions being negative and only 14% being positive. For the same period, 36% of the stories on Obama were positive, 35% were neutral or mixed, and 29% were negative.[68][69]) While rating the Post's biographical stories as generally quite good, she concluded that "Obama deserved tougher scrutiny than he got, especially of his undergraduate years, his start in Chicago and his relationship with Antoin "Tony" Rezko, who was convicted this year of influence-peddling in Chicago. The Post did nothing on Obama's acknowledged drug use as a teenager."[67]

As for what you imagine me in, I'd never wear a ginger wig!

post #11 of 33
Does anyone remember when Obama said some people thing he's "Green behind the ears"?
post #12 of 33
Quote:

George Bush made your nation a laughing stock. Barack Obamas repairing the damage.

The whole worlds full of Democratic operatives.

You're telling us there is no double standard here? You apparently haven't been paying attention. Bush flubs were played back ad nauseam. Obama has arguably made more grave errors in speech and protocol. Yet "no one cares." It's called being intellectually and morally bankrupt. It applies to much of the press, and to certain individuals.
post #13 of 33
Speaking of contrasts, this is interesting. The media went gaga over Obama after we got bin Laden. No one said a thing about his self-serving speech. Enjoy:

George W. Bush speech after capture of Saddam:

"The success of yesterday's mission is a tribute to our men and women now serving in Iraq . The operation was based on the superb work of intelligence analysts who found the dictator's footprints in a vast country. The operation was carried out with skill and precision by a brave fighting force. Our servicemen and women and our coalition allies have faced many dangers in the hunt for members of the fallen regime, and in their effort to bring hope and freedom to the Iraqi people. Their work continues, and so do the risks. Today, on behalf of the nation, I thank the members of our Armed Forces and I congratulate 'em."

Barack Obama speech after killing of bin Laden:

"And so shortly after taking office, I directed Leon Panetta, the director of the CIA, to make the killing or capture of bin Laden the top priority of our war against al Qaeda, even as we continued our broader efforts to disrupt, dismantle, and defeat his network. Then, last August, after years of painstaking work by our intelligence community, I was briefed on a possible lead to bin Laden. It was far from certain, and it took many months to run this thread to ground. I met repeatedly with my national security team as we developed more information about the possibility that we had located bin Laden hiding within a compound deep inside of Pakistan . And finally, last week, I determined that we had enough intelligence to take action, and authorized an operation to get Osama bin Laden and bring him to justice. Today, at my direction, the United States launched a targeted operation against that compound in Abbottabad , Pakistan."
post #14 of 33
SDW2001, you don't mind if we have a little fun with this do you?

Quote:
George W. Bush speech after capture of Saddam:

"The success of yesterday's mission is a tribute to our men and women now serving in Iraq . The operation was based on the superb work of intelligence analysts who found the dictator's footprints in a vast country. The operation was carried out with skill and precision by a brave fighting force. Our servicemen and women and our coalition allies have faced many dangers in the hunt for members of the fallen regime, and in their effort to bring hope and freedom to the Iraqi people. Their work continues, and so do the risks. Today, on behalf of the nation, I thank the members of our Armed Forces and I congratulate 'em."

Barack Obama speech after killing of bin Laden:

"And so shortly after taking office, I directed Leon Panetta, the director of the CIA, to make the killing or capture of bin Laden the top priority of our war against al Qaeda, even as we continued our broader efforts to disrupt, dismantle, and defeat his network. Then, last August, after years of painstaking work by our intelligence community, I was briefed on a possible lead to bin Laden. It was far from certain, and it took many months to run this thread to ground. I met repeatedly with my national security team as we developed more information about the possibility that we had located bin Laden hiding within a compound deep inside of Pakistan . And finally, last week, I determined that we had enough intelligence to take action, and authorized an operation to get Osama bin Laden and bring him to justice. Today, at my direction, the United States launched a targeted operation against that compound in Abbottabad , Pakistan."

It's interesting seeing a narcissist at work.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

post #15 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

SDW2001, you don't mind if we have a little fun with this do you?

It's interesting seeing a narcissist at work.

Obama could never match this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EvNJWM_NDg

I want to put " Food on my family ". Also I like it when he touches his breasts when he talks about the OBGYNs. What a speaker!

And do we really have to talk about Palin?
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #16 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Obama could never match this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EvNJWM_NDg

Possibly not.

Perhaps Mr. Obama is a better, natural public speaker (so long as a shiny piece of glass is in front of him). He's still an arrogant narcissist.

I'll take a tongue-tied verbal bumbler over a smooth-talking narcissist any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

post #17 of 33
Quote:

Possibly not.

Perhaps Mr. Obama is a better, natural public speaker (so long as a shiny piece of glass is in front of him). He's still an arrogant narcissist.

I'll take a tongue-tied verbal bumbler over a smooth-talking narcissist any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Oh good so you prefer Bush. Always knew it!

Besides everyone knows Bush prefers a wire :

post #18 of 33
Quote:

Oh good so you prefer Bush. Always knew it!

At this point, he is the lesser of two evils. But some are still carrying water for Obama.

You know Obama is Bush-worse. He's done pretty much everything Bush did, only worse. Yet it's amazing how many anti-Bush people are turning a blind eye to this and continue to support him.

post #19 of 33
Quote:

At this point, he is the lesser of two evils. But some are still carrying water for Obama.

You know Obama is Bush-worse. He's done pretty much everything Bush did, only worse. Yet it's amazing how many anti-Bush people are turning a blind eye to this and continue to support him.

Exactly.
post #20 of 33
Quote:

If Palin had done what Obama did (won't happen, the Queen wouldn't let it) the Queen would have likely said instead of, like she did to Obama, "That's very kind", she would have responded with "Shut the fuck up you moronic retarded twat of an arse."
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

post #21 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

If Palin had done what Obama did (won't happen, the Queen wouldn't let it) the Queen would have likely said instead of, like she did to Obama, "That's very kind", she would have responded with "Shut the fuck up you moronic retarded twat of an arse."

Well...ummm...no. That's what the US media would have said. The Queen has some class.

post #22 of 33
Quote:

Well...ummm...no. That's what the US media would have said. The Queen has some class.

Yes but that is what the Queen as portrayed by SNL would have said. Then Tina Fey would say she can see the UK from her porch. Then the U.S. media would run with it until the skit was the true event rather than the actual event.

post #23 of 33
Quote:

Yes but that is what the Queen as portrayed by SNL would have said. Then Tina Fey would say she can see the UK from her porch. Then the U.S. media would run with it until the skit was the true event rather than the actual event.

There's no point hating the UK just because Obama is so popular here and Bush was/is so hated.

I think the US media were fairly complimentary of Sarah Palin after her debate with Biden, minus winking at Joe Six Pack like she was blind. She screwed up royally prior to that repeatedly- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lERexJBySEI

post #24 of 33
Care to explain how commenting on SNL and the US media is hating on the UK?

post #25 of 33
Quote:

Care to explain how commenting on SNL and the US media is hating on the UK?

Yes, that's quite a leap he made.
post #26 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Yes, that's quite a leap he made.

Sarah Palin was asked what experience she had that would help assure Americans that she would be ready when that red iPhone in the White House rang at 3am and she replied, "I can see Russia from my house!".

Trumptman then twisted her words implying that the UK is as communist as Russia. Re-read his post.

post #27 of 33
Quote:

Sarah Palin was asked what experience she had that would help assure Americans that she would be ready when that red iPhone in the White House rang at 3am and she replied, "I can see Russia from my house!".

Trumptman then twisted her words implying that the UK is as communist as Russia. Re-read his post.

Riiiight.
post #28 of 33
Quote:

post #29 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyme123 View Post

+1. There's nothing about him that's an improvement over Bush. He's gotten less done, made negative progress with our allies, and generally embarrassed our country just about as much, while taking personal credit for everything good that has happened on his watch.

How has he made negative progress with our allies? Are you talking about Israel? And how has he embarrassed our country?

And guys I would prefer this answer come from " Mollyme " alone. Since she's new here I'd like to hear her take. I already know what the rest of ther conservatives on this board have to say.
post #30 of 33
Quote:

Regarding the first half, that is not what she said, that was the SNL skit rendition of what she said. Real video footage only please.

Regarding the second half, show us where he said that. I think I missed it in my reading.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
post #31 of 33
Quote:

How has he made negative progress with our allies? Are you talking about Israel? And how has he embarrassed our country?

And guys I would prefer this answer come from " Mollyme " alone. Since she's new here I'd like to hear her take. I already know what the rest of ther conservatives on this board have to say.

Ha. You'd like to "hear" from her alone because you think you might stand a chance of winning an argument against someone new. You don't want to defend your statements against those of us that know the score wrt....you.

Quote:

He has made hugely negative progress. No one knows where we stand. And example is Libya. We're not interested in regime change, then we are, then we aren't but we kind of are, then we are but we want someone else to do it, then we don't---until we do.

He has also portrayed the US as weak while going on his foreign apology tour. He doesn't believe we should take a leading role in world affairs, instead saying "we should be one of many voices." This is embarrassing and not in our best interests as a nation, security-wise.

He botched the toast to the Queen, royally (ha!--see what I did there?), which is what this thread is about.

This is getting too easy.
post #32 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Maybe because they have nothing to say, as would be expected.
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
post #33 of 33
Perhaps the most concise quote I've read on our the bias of out major media outlets.

Quote:
Reporters on the campaign bus with the candidate did not purse the story, but the Enquirer kept on it throughout 2008. Mr. Levine said that during that period, he was “just flabbergasted” that no one else followed up. “Here was a guy running for president who was betraying his cancer-stricken wife and his own campaign workers. If the mainstream media didn’t want to believe us, investigate yourselves. We literally drew a map to the people involved and no one wanted to go down that road.”

Washington Times

Don't worry about the indictment. You won't hear much about it because Palin flubbed a line to a poem. That's much more important.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Replace President Obama with President Bush or Sarah Palin in this video