or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Steve Jobs to present iCloud, iOS 5, Lion at Apple's June 6 WWDC keynote
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Steve Jobs to present iCloud, iOS 5, Lion at Apple's June 6 WWDC keynote - Page 2

post #41 of 158
Not everybody wants to present, of course. In general, though, I agree.
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
post #42 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onhka View Post

A great day for Apple.

An even greater day next Monday.

Welcome back Steve.

To be clear, Jobs was never gone. In 2008 he did take a 6 month leave, but this year he was simply working from home more often.


Quote:
Originally Posted by KindredMac View Post

I'm curious what our next email address will be now....

I just finally got all of my contacts put through to username@me.com from mac.com... what next? username@icloud.com? oy.....

I think they will stay as me.com and the old mac.com. It's shorter and sweeter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcahill009 View Post

It seems obvious to me that by Apple choosing to announce what they are going to present before they do it that they have something up there sleeves. Now I def. can't wait for June 6.


It's a developer conference so mentioning the desktop OS, mobile OS and the service that will tie them together isn't a shocker. The only shock, as the article stated, is they announced the name of their revamped cloud service outside of normal channels. But they only announced the name, no real secrets. I wouldn't expect any HW at the event and I am half expecting Jobs to announce his successor.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #43 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoetmb View Post

No, that's exactly what he should do. In fact, it might even be better if he wasn't there at all. One of the problems with Steve and Apple is that he's made it seem like that he's the whole company. His "insistence" on doing these presentations even when he's still officially on personal leave only reinforces the notion that no other executive in the company is capable of making such a presentation except for him.

He makes occassional "thank you's" to the team, but it still comes across as "all Steve, all the time." Even if his health wasn't an issue, he needs to begin stepping back so that the market is assured that the rest of the exec team can run the company. Otherwise, whenever he does leave, whether it's by choice (like Bill Gates) or because of health issues, the stock won't crash to absurd lows based on the false assumption that without Steve, Apple can't be successful. And if Apple doesn't have anyone else who can give exciting, credible presentations, then they need to hire those types of people.

IMO, the CFO should present the sales/financial review and the head of each product team should present the new services/products. Steve (since he'll obviously be there), should act as moderator and booster for his team of execs.

Whew! It's great that Apple has executives with experience to ignore kibitzers with none!
"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
Reply
"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
Reply
post #44 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post


AIR, pricing was:

-- 20 GB free with ads
-- buy additional 20 GB disks for $20 / year with ads
-- 100 GB without ads at $99 / year

Now, that's not too shabby. Finally, the $99/year (that I've been paying for nought all these years) might just be worth it....

Don't want to get too excited until I see how it's implemented, though. Hopefully, they've fired the MobileMe (and whatever the heck it was called before that -- DotMac?) team, and got some new thinking in there.
post #45 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

The CloudMe site is active:




CloudMe


Nothing to do with Apple! http://xcerion.com/
post #46 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicj View Post

Sorry, but...

* Zzzzzzzzzzzzz *

Why are you on this site, then?

Lion. iOS 5. Cloud services.

That's everything. If you're "bored" by them, you really have no reason to be here.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply
post #47 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicj View Post

Sorry, but...

* Zzzzzzzzzzzzz *

I completely agree, who wants new stuff anyway?
post #48 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Why are you on this site, then?

Lion. iOS 5. Cloud services.

That's everything. If you're "bored" by them, you really have no reason to be here.

That's true.
post #49 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Now, that's not too shabby. Finally, the $99/year (that I've been paying for nought all these years) might just be worth it....

Don't want to get too excited until I see how it's implemented, though. Hopefully, they've fired the MobileMe (and whatever the heck it was called before that -- DotMac?) team, and got some new thinking in there.

Recalled incorrectly, here's the pricing:

Packages
"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
Reply
"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
Reply
post #50 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-range View Post

I second that. I love what I'm seeing in OS X 10.7, it's great stuff, but it's all evolutionary and it most likely won't significantly change my day-to-day use of my OS X machines.

iOS 5 on the other hand, I expect a lot from that. The things I'm most interested in is (of course) the notification system, the way it will handle multi-core CPU's (I'm pretty sure it's going to have some twist that makes it much easier for developers to exploit multiple cores compared to other OS's), and what new API's and frameworks will be available. My prediction is that the notification system and some minor UI changes and gimmicks such as widgets will attract most of the attention of the general public, and that many people will be disappointed that iOS 5 will not introduce a massive UI overhaul (I don't think it's going to happen), but that meanwhile, under the hood, so many things will change that iOS 5 will open a whole new world of opportunities for developers. Looking forward to it

For me the only thing I'm really interested in are the "broken" parts that interfere with my daily work. Notifications work well enough for the amount of notifications I get, they are only "broken" for me in that they are really poorly implemented within applications. eBay for instance uses notifications, but so badly that it's almost not worth using their apps.

The major "broken" part of iOS for me is and always has been the file system (or lack of one). I understand the "we don't want a traditional file system," goal and the "we can't make it easy because that would be insecure," goal that Apple is working with, but there still needs to be some kind of rudimentary file system. Specifically, there has to be a rational, reasonable, easy way to manage documents in iOS and so far there just isn't.

iOS will never replace traditional computing without really good document management. I understand that the average user is not "into" managing documents, and that most people don't even know where most of their stuff is on their computer, but it is a computer after all. How can you write with it or draw with it if you can't efficiently manage the products of your work?

I'm thinking that the cloud could easily be part of a good solution to this problem, so I'm expecting this solution to be revealed on June 6th. The fact that *nobody*, no blogs, no dev sites or anything is talking about this however gives me pause and makes me think that they probably aren't ready to tackle this problem yet. But there is hope.
post #51 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

Recalled incorrectly, here's the pricing:

Packages

Very good. Still nothing to do with Apple though!
post #52 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

Recalled incorrectly, here's the pricing:

Packages

You do know that this isn't Apple right?
post #53 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicj View Post

Best feature of Lion, Mac App Store, is already out.

Right.

Quote:
Biggest announced feature in iOS 5 is widgets. Useless junk that drains battery.

And you think you know that, don't you?

Quote:
Mac cloud service has been out for several years and is one of the few areas where Apple has been an unqualified flop.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? You can't possibly think that Apple is just going to pull the script for the MobileMe launch out of storage and just give that again? No, seriously, you're joking about this. I refuse to believe that a human being can believe what you say you believe.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply
post #54 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

The CloudMe site is active:




CloudMe





Edit:

Oops... There, then gone in an instant!!

AIR, pricing was:

-- 20 GB free with ads
-- buy additional 20 GB disks for $20 / year with ads
-- 100 GB without ads at $99 / year

I just went there trying to find out about the iCloud and it brought me to cloudme.com.
post #55 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by piot View Post

Very good. Still nothing to do with Apple though!

It's what comes up when you type iCloud.com into your bar.
post #56 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo63 View Post

You do know that this isn't Apple right?

I don't know about that...

http://www.icloud.com

redirects to

http://www.cloudme.com/en


However, I will say that I signed up and I am not too happy with the few things I've tried:

-- Flash required in browser for uploads to web site
-- Java required in browser for uploads from mobile
-- Agnostic look to the "windows" Java-esque -- neither fish no fowl.

There is an iPhone size iOS app in the app store that works OK -- but an iPad app is needed.

It does have a file system, though, and this could be the missing link for iOS devices.
"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
Reply
"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
Reply
post #57 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicj View Post

Has it ever occurred to you that the reason MobileMe failed is because it's a pointless service no one wants, not because of it's launch?

Or do you think no buys it two years after it's launch, and no one bought DocMac before it, is solely because incompentant underlings failed to implement Steve Jobs vision with proper granduer on day one?

Well, thank the Deity, that they, and we, can all benefit from your wisdom and support.
"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
Reply
"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
Reply
post #58 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by KindredMac View Post

I'm curious what our next email address will be now....

I just finally got all of my contacts put through to username@me.com from mac.com... what next? username@icloud.com? oy.....

They will do what they did with dotmac to mobileme. They will allow both addresses to dump into the same mail box.

that is, if they actually have an icloud.com at all. it might just stay me.com

as for the whole "weird move". The rumors have gotten so big that it is going to happen that it makes sense for them to confirm yes there is something, now come back and find out what. It actually builds the excitement tossing that carrot out there.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ascii View Post

I'm glad Steve will be there, but it sounds like one of those keynotes where is more like the MC, handing off the individual presentations to other execs. I prefer when he does the whole thing. He used to do a 90min presentation all by himself without skipping a beat.

And that nearly killed the company. Doing the whole thing put out there the impression to the general public that Steve Jobs = Apple. Steve goes and the company goes with him. And about 2-3 years ago that resulted in the stock crashing do like $50 a share because of the whole Steve is dying talk.

So the company started having other folks on the stage to show that there are other minds involved. And very good ones (they should be Steve hand picked them). In fact I heard from a source that even at his worst Steve could still do the whole thing by himself but it was his idea and insistence that the others take the stage even if they didn't want to. Just for that show to the public. Now things like the Jonny moment are as much a moment in the keynote as Steve is (it's the accent, chicks dig that accent lol)

A non tech's thoughts on Apple stuff 

(She's family so I'm a little biased)

Reply

A non tech's thoughts on Apple stuff 

(She's family so I'm a little biased)

Reply
post #59 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicj View Post

Has it ever occurred to you that the reason MobileMe failed is because it's a pointless service no one wants, not because of it's launch?

Or do you think no buys it two years after it's launch, and no one bought DocMac before it, is solely because incompentant underlings failed to implement Steve Jobs vision with proper granduer on day one?

1. It was .Mac. If you're going to insult something by lying about it, at least get its name right.
2. People loved it.
3. People don't like MobileMe because of its shaky performance and (originally) the features of .Mac it removed.

And has it ever occurred to you that Apple might just be changing MobileMe into something to which more people can relate? You're pretty darn full of yourself to think you can say that "no one wants" cloud services.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply
post #60 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by dayne33 View Post

No, AI got this right. The 2 will be so well integrated that they are the same. Trust me. That's going to be the "One more thing".

lol I picked this up as sarcasm immediately. I guess some things need to be spelled out for some people
post #61 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicj View Post

Best feature of Lion, Mac App Store, is already out.

Biggest announced feature in iOS 5 is widgets. Useless junk that drains battery.

Mac cloud service has been out for several years and is one of the few areas where Apple has been an unqualified flop.

* Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz *

You have posted multiple times in this thread saying the same thing, i.e., how bored you are. Please add something to the discussion, or get lost. (I know what I'd prefer you do....)
post #62 of 158
They probably announced what they are going to do, to remove any uncertainly about what they are not going to do - which is annouce a new iPhone.

Which was, as we know, the main theme of the last 2 WWDCs. However that is not really what they WWDC is for.
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
post #63 of 158
there's something called presentation skills to keep in mind
post #64 of 158
Hey, AI. Why did you put that CloudMe graphic up without explaining that it is a third party app and not a part of MobileMe or Apple's forthcoming iCloud? Please update.
A.k.a. AppleHead on other forums.
Reply
A.k.a. AppleHead on other forums.
Reply
post #65 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher126 View Post

I hope you are right. A small thing perhaps, but I was never really comfortable with the ...@me.com. Sounded a bit egocentric or something. I still use ...@Mac.com exclusively!

I much prefer ...@iCloud.com though!

Best

I prefer something that you never have to spell out. "Me' is so short, it catches people by surprise on the phone and I always have to qualify it.

Many of the most important software concepts were invented in the 70s and forgotten in the 80s.

Reply

Many of the most important software concepts were invented in the 70s and forgotten in the 80s.

Reply
post #66 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

3. People don't like MobileMe because of its shaky performance and (originally) the features of .Mac it removed.

The only feature I know anyone being pissed about losing was the groups. And I wouldn't be shocked if they came back.

Along with perhaps better support for iweb. HTML5, keyword searches, blog pages that work more like blogger/wordpress, perhaps even some kind of message board support. Widgets for adding your ping comments, your itunes reviews, auto links to the stuff you are talking about (pushes sales). perhaps making ibooks downloadable on the computer. Mobile friendly formats that come up with someone is on an ipad, xoom or just smaller screen computer.

Then top it off with a revamp of iweb that is more flexible in the templates, inline HTML not the iframes, HTML5 supporting 'advance mode'. and a companion iOS app for creating blog entries

They could wrap it all into a facebook like thing where folks could use their apple id to sign up to read your stuff but if they want to play (beyond comments )they have to pay something (could be leveled pricing) and in exchange there's no ads. Or there might be a low storage with ads that's free and you can pay a little to turn off the ads, more for no ads and more storage, perhaps even more for no ads, even more storage and the groups stuff and so on

Might not happen all at once cause that could kill even two servers but a little at a time over the rest of the year.

A non tech's thoughts on Apple stuff 

(She's family so I'm a little biased)

Reply

A non tech's thoughts on Apple stuff 

(She's family so I'm a little biased)

Reply
post #67 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoetmb View Post

No, that's exactly what he should do. In fact, it might even be better if he wasn't there at all. One of the problems with Steve and Apple is that he's made it seem like that he's the whole company. His "insistence" on doing these presentations even when he's still officially on personal leave only reinforces the notion that no other executive in the company is capable of making such a presentation except for him.

He makes occassional "thank you's" to the team, but it still comes across as "all Steve, all the time." Even if his health wasn't an issue, he needs to begin stepping back so that the market is assured that the rest of the exec team can run the company. Otherwise, whenever he does leave, whether it's by choice (like Bill Gates) or because of health issues, the stock won't crash to absurd lows based on the false assumption that without Steve, Apple can't be successful. And if Apple doesn't have anyone else who can give exciting, credible presentations, then they need to hire those types of people.

IMO, the CFO should present the sales/financial review and the head of each product team should present the new services/products. Steve (since he'll obviously be there), should act as moderator and booster for his team of execs.

You present a valid position. But it is based on the assumption that Steve is on the way out. What if he is not? What if his health has been steadily improving and he will come back off of his 6-month leave to lead the company as before for the next ten or twenty years? Or until he is ready to retire for the same reasons the rest of us do--tired of it, ready to do something else, etc. His continued presence, appearances, activities, etc. support this argument.
A.k.a. AppleHead on other forums.
Reply
A.k.a. AppleHead on other forums.
Reply
post #68 of 158
[QUOTE=Tallest Skil;1872415]Apple NEVER tells anyone about ANYTHING before official launch. I don't buy this. EDIT: HOLY CRAP, IT'S RIGHT THERE ON THEIR PR PAGE. WHAT IS WRONG WITH APPLE?!

It's been made official my friend on Apple's own site!!!
http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2011/05/31wwdc.html
post #69 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_K View Post

It's been made official my friend on Apple's own site!!!
http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2011/05/31wwdc.html

I don't want to get my hopes up (because I never get my hopes up, because Apple never gives a reason for anyone to get their hopes up), but this break away from NEVER EVER telling ANYONE about ANYTHING before its official announcement could mean that iCloud is something worth pre-announcing.

Either that or it will be such a pointless, minute change that Apple is stopping people from getting their hopes up.

I buy the latter.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply
post #70 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

I don't know about that...

http://www.icloud.com

redirects to

http://www.cloudme.com/en


However, I will say that I signed up and I am not too happy with the few things I've tried:

-- Flash required in browser for uploads to web site
-- Java required in browser for uploads from mobile
-- Agnostic look to the "windows" Java-esque -- neither fish no fowl.

There is an iPhone size iOS app in the app store that works OK -- but an iPad app is needed.

It does have a file system, though, and this could be the missing link for iOS devices.

I think it's the original iCloud domain holder. Sold domain to apple and for now redirecting to couldme (new domain). Good for them for transition and also apple is obviously not going to let us peak at their work in progress. So I don't think this is any way related to the new iCloud service.
post #71 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Huber View Post

Hey, AI. Why did you put that CloudMe graphic up without explaining that it is a third party app and not a part of MobileMe or Apple's forthcoming iCloud? Please update.

Are you sure?

The iCloud site owned by Apple redirects to the CloudMe site...
"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
Reply
"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
Reply
post #72 of 158
deleted

Many of the most important software concepts were invented in the 70s and forgotten in the 80s.

Reply

Many of the most important software concepts were invented in the 70s and forgotten in the 80s.

Reply
post #73 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoetmb View Post

No, that's exactly what he should do. In fact, it might even be better if he wasn't there at all. One of the problems with Steve and Apple is that he's made it seem like that he's the whole company. His "insistence" on doing these presentations even when he's still officially on personal leave only reinforces the notion that no other executive in the company is capable of making such a presentation except for him.

He makes occassional "thank you's" to the team, but it still comes across as "all Steve, all the time." Even if his health wasn't an issue, he needs to begin stepping back so that the market is assured that the rest of the exec team can run the company. Otherwise, whenever he does leave, whether it's by choice (like Bill Gates) or because of health issues, the stock won't crash to absurd lows based on the false assumption that without Steve, Apple can't be successful. And if Apple doesn't have anyone else who can give exciting, credible presentations, then they need to hire those types of people.

IMO, the CFO should present the sales/financial review and the head of each product team should present the new services/products. Steve (since he'll obviously be there), should act as moderator and booster for his team of execs.

I understand what you are saying, but I think you are overstating things to a large degree.

Most of the recent Keynotes were in fact pretty much what you argue he should be doing, which is handing off most of the presentation to underlings and other execs. As for him "not being there at all," it only makes sense if he is leaving the company soon or transitioning (which is probably most of your argument), but we don't actually know that he is. He could be CEO for ten or 20 years or more for all we know.

Personally, I used to watch them all many times over, but I haven't been lately because there is less Steve than there used to be. I find the magic disappears for me when Phil Schiller gets out there or Scott Forestall etc. They just do the same schtick that Steve does, but seeing them do it makes it obvious it's a schtick, whereas with Steve one can pretend he really believes what he is saying and stuff.
post #74 of 158
Now that Apple has officially announced iCloud they may take over the domain prior to WWDC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

Are you sure?

The iCloud site owned by Apple redirects to the CloudMe site...

When this story first broke a month or two ago iCloud redirected to CloudMe. Meaning, Xcerion sold their iCloud site to Apple and rebranded their service as CloudMe.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #75 of 158
If that WWDC2011 graphic is anything to go by, it looks like there might be new styles of app icons.
post #76 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoetmb View Post

No, that's exactly what he should do. In fact, it might even be better if he wasn't there at all. One of the problems with Steve and Apple is that he's made it seem like that he's the whole company. His "insistence" on doing these presentations even when he's still officially on personal leave only reinforces the notion that no other executive in the company is capable of making such a presentation except for him.

He makes occassional "thank you's" to the team, but it still comes across as "all Steve, all the time." Even if his health wasn't an issue, he needs to begin stepping back so that the market is assured that the rest of the exec team can run the company. Otherwise, whenever he does leave, whether it's by choice (like Bill Gates) or because of health issues, the stock won't crash to absurd lows based on the false assumption that without Steve, Apple can't be successful. And if Apple doesn't have anyone else who can give exciting, credible presentations, then they need to hire those types of people.

IMO, the CFO should present the sales/financial review and the head of each product team should present the new services/products. Steve (since he'll obviously be there), should act as moderator and booster for his team of execs.

The announcement says "Steve Jobs and a team of Apple executives will kick off the company's annual World Wide Developer Conference."

So I think it's reasonable to expect that Steve will act as moderator, at most-- and it may well be that his health keeps him from doing much more than introducing and wrapping up. Although this is being touted as his "return", there's no chance he'll conduct this like keynotes of old, where he was onstage for most of the time.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #77 of 158
My feeling leans towards there being a couple of new functions to Lion and iOS that will be pretty nice, iCloud will be nice... and then there is one more thing, which is the product that will sell the operating systems and the cloud service.

If they are doing both Lion and iOS at the same event, there must be some kind of link between them that is catchy; run iOS apps on your Mac like a widget? The Mac could count as one of the five authorized devices.

I certainly be buying some popcorn this year, and coffee to keep me awake through the night (wish at least once Apple would start one of these things at a decent hour JST).

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply
post #78 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I don't want to get my hopes up (because I never get my hopes up, because Apple never gives a reason for anyone to get their hopes up), but this break away from NEVER EVER telling ANYONE about ANYTHING before its official announcement could mean that iCloud is something worth pre-announcing.

Either that or it will be such a pointless, minute change that Apple is stopping people from getting their hopes up.

I buy the latter.

Weird though because all Apple has done is to confirm the agenda that was already being speculated.

Many of the most important software concepts were invented in the 70s and forgotten in the 80s.

Reply

Many of the most important software concepts were invented in the 70s and forgotten in the 80s.

Reply
post #79 of 158
If they nail the iCloud this will be HUGE, but that's a big "IF".

No more syncing to computer please.
post #80 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorre View Post

So what would qualify as a REAL change then? The holomac that projects the entire UI holographically? Macs migrating to ARM processors? Apple launching their own line of apparel?

I myself am very excited to see what iOS5 will bring.

I agree about iOS5. As of now there is very little information on what the features will be, and nothing on what it will look like!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Steve Jobs to present iCloud, iOS 5, Lion at Apple's June 6 WWDC keynote