or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple's iPhone passes RIM's BlackBerry in U.S. smartphone usage
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple's iPhone passes RIM's BlackBerry in U.S. smartphone usage

post #1 of 37
Thread Starter 
While the iPhone has outsold Research in Motion's BlackBerry line for some time now, a new survey found that Apple's handset has now surpassed RIM in terms of active U.S. users.

The latest numbers from comScore rank both smartphone platforms, in which Apple's iOS is second only to Google's Android, and hardware usage, where Apple took fourth. Both of Apple's rankings for the first time narrowly bested RIM, which took third in platform, and fifth in hardware.

Apple's 26 percent U.S. platform share recorded between February and April was up 1.3 percent from the 24.7 percent it held in January. While Apple's presence grew, RIM lost 4.7 percent in platform share during the same period, allowing Apple to edge its 25.7 percent share in April 2011.

Apple's iOS and Google Android were the only platforms to grow in share between January and April, the survey found. But Android's 5.2 percent growth well exceeded Apple, giving the search giant's platform a 36.4 percent share of U.S. mobile phone subscribers.

The battle between the iPhone and BlackBerry shows a similar story in hardware usage, as Apple grew 1.3 percent from January to April, representing 8.3 percent of U.S. mobile phones. During the same period, RIM lost 0.4 percent, dropping to 8.2 percent -- 0.1 percent behind Apple.



Apple still has a ways to go to catch third-place Motorola, which had a 15.6 percent share of hardware U.S. units in April. But that total was also 0.9 percent down from January 2011.

The only other manufacturer in the top five to see a gain was LG, which inched up 0.1 percent to 20.9 percent. Market leader Samsung lost 0.4 percent between January and April, slipping to 24.5 percent.



comScore found that 234 million Americans ages 13 and older used mobile devices in the three-month span that ended in April. Of those, 74.6 million in the U.S. owned smartphones, up 13 percent from the three-month period ending in January 2011.

The MobiLens data from comScore is based on an online survey of a nationally representative sample of mobile subscribers age 13 and up.
post #2 of 37
If I were Nelson from The Simpsons, I certainly would issue a well-deserved 'HA-HA' here. But I'm not so I won't.
post #3 of 37
But clearly Android growth continues to outpace iPhone growth, quite significantly.
post #4 of 37
I thought Apple was leading RIM months ago? Did I miss something?
post #5 of 37
I thought all Blackberry and iPhone users were "active", given that the term should be really implied in smartphones. "Inactive" users are generally found in the prepaid non-smart phone market.
\
post #6 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by stelligent View Post

But clearly Android growth continues to outpace iPhone growth, quite significantly.

Clearly iPhone use is still growing in spite of Android "winning".
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
post #7 of 37
I guess there's no need for ppl to bother looking for RIM jobs now
post #8 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexus View Post

I thought Apple was leading RIM months ago? Did I miss something?

I believe they were leading in "units sold", since last fall, now they are leading RIM in market share.
15" mbp | iPad2 32gb | Nexus S | mobile-pixels
Reply
15" mbp | iPad2 32gb | Nexus S | mobile-pixels
Reply
post #9 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

Clearly iPhone use is still growing in spite of Android "winning".

I like Apple and iPhone (own one). But Android is growing at >5% and Apple is just over 1%. At some point, we have to admit that the trend is clear - Apple is settling in 2nd place and the gap is growing into a chasm. A game-changer is needed to bridge this. Making the iP4 available on Verizon clearly wasn't it.

But then, this is the US market we're talking about, which will soon become the 3rd largest market and therefor not the most important one. It'd be far more interesting and relevant to examine the trend in the Chinese market. Far more.
post #10 of 37
> Android is growing at >5% and Apple is just over 1% <

Of Smartphone share, which is itself increasing.

Thus, contrary to first impressions, it's ominous for the opposition that Apple's share of the total US cellphone market gained ca. 19% (1.3/7 x 100%) in just 3 months, which compounds to 97% per year ((1 + 1.3/7)^4 x 100%)). Whereas the others are stagnant or going backwards. = BLOODBATH!
post #11 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by stelligent View Post

I like Apple and iPhone (own one). But Android is growing at >5% and Apple is just over 1%. At some point, we have to admit that the trend is clear - Apple is settling in 2nd place and the gap is growing into a chasm. A game-changer is needed to bridge this. Making the iP4 available on Verizon clearly wasn't it.

But then, this is the US market we're talking about, which will soon become the 3rd largest market and therefor not the most important one. It'd be far more interesting and relevant to examine the trend in the Chinese market. Far more.

No game changer needed. Apple is winning on all the fronts that matter. There isn't a single company besting Apple in mobile unit sales, customer satisfaction or profit. You think Apple cares if 10 different companies sell multiple versions of phones using the Android OS (most of which are junk, with just a few quality smart phones like the Droid), ensuring fragmentation and a non-standard user experience?

Additionally, if you add in all sales of iOS platforms against all Android based platform sales, you get an entirely different picture.

As for the Chinese market, the majority of what they call Android platforms are actually not using Googles code, so I'm not to sure you want to use a market like that. Not to mention China probably has more knockoff phones than real ones. A black-market wet dream.
post #12 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by stelligent View Post

I like Apple and iPhone (own one). But Android is growing at >5% and Apple is just over 1%. At some point, we have to admit that the trend is clear - Apple is settling in 2nd place and the gap is growing into a chasm. A game-changer is needed to bridge this. Making the iP4 available on Verizon clearly wasn't it.

But then, this is the US market we're talking about, which will soon become the 3rd largest market and therefor not the most important one. It'd be far more interesting and relevant to examine the trend in the Chinese market. Far more.


Second point is good. On the first point - a gain of 1.3% in market share ( not units) is significant y-o-y. And this is a quarter where Apple have no new phones out. When that happens you would expect much larger y-o-y growth. Apple is also on only two carriers, how much market share growth did verizon help here? 2%? if so there would have been 4% extra on all carriers.

And Apple has not gone cheap yet. Androids increase is slowing down, as is - by the way -the fall off in market share of other groups - like RIM. Only Palm are doomed now.

It wont be a 95%-5% market beloved of the android heads. not that for sure.

As for China - Apple has yet to go full carrier there either. Or in most of Europe. When it gets it' world phone out there, then it will.
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
post #13 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by stelligent View Post

I like Apple and iPhone (own one). But Android is growing at >5% and Apple is just over 1%. At some point, we have to admit that the trend is clear - Apple is settling in 2nd place and the gap is growing into a chasm. A game-changer is needed to bridge this. Making the iP4 available on Verizon clearly wasn't it.

But then, this is the US market we're talking about, which will soon become the 3rd largest market and therefor not the most important one. It'd be far more interesting and relevant to examine the trend in the Chinese market. Far more.

I've said it a thousand times already. At the end of the day, the bottom line is the only number that matters. So far, Apple is winning where it matters: profitability.
post #14 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvswarup View Post

I've said it a thousand times already. At the end of the day, the bottom line is the only number that matters. So far, Apple is winning where it matters: profitability.

And I have countered that argument a thousand times by saying the long term profitability depends on market share. The high end will get smaller.

Nevertheless Apple is well positioned to continue to grow units, and market share.
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
post #15 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdasd View Post

And I have countered that argument a thousand times by saying the long term profitability depends on market share. The high end will get smaller.

Nevertheless Apple is well positioned to continue to grow units, and market share.

You may have, but Android's market share is false. Untill Google takes an active roll in ensuring device compatibility, their app market will remain a joke.
post #16 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wovel View Post

You may have, but Android's market share is false. Untill Google takes an active roll in ensuring device compatibility, their app market will remain a joke.

False market share? Huh?

Indeed, the Android app market needs to be cleaned up. But that's just it - Even without a superior App market, they are leaving Apple farther behind with every month.
post #17 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by stelligent View Post

False market share? Huh?

Indeed, the Android app market needs to be cleaned up. But that's just it - Even without a superior App market, they are leaving Apple farther behind with every month.

Yeah - I dealt with those points. Repeating yourself is not an argument.
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
post #18 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdasd View Post

And this is a quarter where Apple have no new phones out.

There lies the rub. Apple needs a new phone to have a chance of catching up, and yet they delay the launch of iPhone5. Ergo, iOS really has to be game-changing, which was one of my points.

Second - Even if Apple brings out a new phone, Android hardware vendors will have new phones coming out at different times of the year. Apple cannot keep up until they truly expand their product line beyond one line (argue all you want but they have one phone). Again, this is what is known as a game-changer.

No game-changing iOS5 or increase to at least 2 product lines, Apple will become the shrinking fruit in Android's mirror. No, it won't fade into oblivion, but it will be 2nd fiddle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvswarup View Post

I've said it a thousand times already. At the end of the day, the bottom line is the only number that matters. So far, Apple is winning where it matters: profitability.

The argument about profitability is irrelevant. How can we compare Android vs. iOS and then use Motorola or Samsung's profits to compare against Apple? This is a platform debate. Don't jump around to obscure a losing argument.
post #19 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by stelligent View Post

There lies the rub. Apple needs a new phone to have a chance of catching up, and yet they delay the launch of iPhone5. Ergo, iOS really has to be game-changing, which was one of my points.

Second - Even if Apple brings out a new phone, Android hardware vendors will have new phones coming out at different times of the year. Apple cannot keep up until they truly expand their product line beyond one line (argue all you want but they have one phone). Again, this is what is known as a game-changer.

No game-changing iOS5 or increase to at least 2 product lines, Apple will become the shrinking fruit in Android's mirror. No, it won't fade into oblivion, but it will be 2nd fiddle.
.

ok, thanks for actually taking on the argument :-)

The real statistic here is that the 3GS outsells all individual Android phones. Thats the killer stat. It may be cannibalising some iPhone 4 but I doubt it could be that much. So Android having other phones coming out is not all that relevant. The come out, peak, and cant catch Apple's secondary product.

So what if Apple had 2 more product lines? More sales. Of course. If you doubt this think about the 18M that Apple sold last quarter. X is the number of 3GS' sold. 18 - X is the number of iP4 sold. If they had a Y and a Z and then the numbers sold would be 18 + Y + Z. Approx. ( There would be some cannibalisation).

How big is Y + Z, we dont know but for a cheap model iPhones could be huge.Could be 5 million each. Could be more.

Thats argument 1. Argument 2 is that the 3GS is not even available on Verizon. So they sell one phone on one carriers, and two on one. With four on four, what happens?

I am sticking with the US, which is where this is set.

Also Android's rate of growth is slowing. It will eventually peak. Apple has not peaked. I dont know if Apple will get to the top ( I was going to say reclaim but it was surpassed by Android before it caught RIM), but it could well do it.
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
post #20 of 37
So, since Samsung, LG, Motorola, etc. are all showing the same share of all phones in US but Android share of smartphones is growing - doesn't that just mean that they are converting non-smartphone users to smartphone users and not really gaining any real new buyers? While on the otherhand, Apple is gaining share and since no non-smartphones to get people to upgrade from they must be converting other companies non-smartphone owners to iPhones? How come no one points that out? Doesn't that explain the rapid growth of Android - people upgrade from a x non-smartphone to an x android powered smartphone, where x is Motorola, etc.? Especially when they are offered them by the carriers for next to nothing (And who hasn't heard a friend tell them that their carrier was able to upgrade their family for next to nothing to a Droid? I know that I have.) Oh well.

Over and out
post #21 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdasd View Post

ok, thanks for actually taking on the argument :-)

The real statistic here is that the 3GS outsells all individual Android phones. Thats the killer stat. It may be cannibalising some iPhone 4 but I doubt it could be that much. So Android having other phones coming out is not all that relevant. The come out, peak, and cant catch Apple's secondary product.

So what if Apple had 2 more product lines? More sales. Of course. If you doubt this think about the 18M that Apple sold last quarter. X is the number of 3GS' sold. 18 - X is the number of iP4 sold. If they had a Y and a Z and then the numbers sold would be 18 + Y + Z. Approx. ( There would be some cannibalisation).

How big is Y + Z, we dont know but for a cheap model iPhones could be huge.Could be 5 million each. Could be more.

Thats argument 1. Argument 2 is that the 3GS is not even available on Verizon. So they sell one phone on one carriers, and two on one. With four on four, what happens?

I am sticking with the US, which is where this is set.

Also Android's rate of growth is slowing. It will eventually peak. Apple has not peaked. I dont know if Apple will get to the top ( I was going to say reclaim but it was surpassed by Android before it caught RIM), but it could well do it.

Argument #1: Android phones are $200; on Verizon they can climb up to $300.

The Iphone 3GS is $50 it doesn't take a genius to see the correlation between sales and price.

Argument #2: Android Sales did not take a dip UNTIL the verizon Iphone was announced. The 3GS on Verizon would be irrelevant because almost everyone would by the 4's
post #22 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexus View Post

Argument #1: Android phones are $200; on Verizon they can climb up to $300.

The Iphone 3GS is $50 it doesn't take a genius to see the correlation between sales and price.

Argument #2: Android Sales did not take a dip UNTIL the verizon Iphone was announced. The 3GS on Verizon would be irrelevant because almost everyone would by the 4's

Rebuttal 1: What happened to the "Apple is overpriced/raping customers Waah!" argument?

Rebuttal 2: So you admit the iPhone on Verizon has affected Android-based device sales?
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #23 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexus View Post

Argument #1: Android phones are $200; on Verizon they can climb up to $300.

The Iphone 3GS is $50 it doesn't take a genius to see the correlation between sales and price.

Argument #2: Android Sales did not take a dip UNTIL the verizon Iphone was announced. The 3GS on Verizon would be irrelevant because almost everyone would by the 4's

1) Really, all of them are $200? I can see the LG optimus selling from $200 to $19.9 depending on plans.
2) ? Part of the market is price sensitive, and some section of that market is on verizon. More of it is on Sprint and T-Mobile. If APple had the 3GS and iPhone 4 on all carriers it would sell more. How much more is up for debate, more isn't.

By the way it is a nonsense to talk about the price of the iPhone at $50. Thats with a specific plan. The iPhone costs all kinds of different upfront costs outside the US, for the same phone.

No idea why that is so difficult in the US ( for iPhones only).
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
post #24 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Rebuttal 1: What happened to the "Apple is overpriced/raping customers Waah!" argument?

Rebuttal 2: So you admit the iPhone on Verizon has affected Android-based device sales?

Rebuttal 1: The Wallet Raping argument is only applicable to the desktop Computing sector. It is irrelevant in the smartphone sector and soon the be PMP's because both Apple and competitors are roughly pricing products equivalently.

Rebuttal 2: Your acting as if I'm incapable of rationalizing with your side's points SOLELY because I prefer the opposing side. Just because I may not be fond of your company does not mean I will stand against them at every possible turn no matter what. Do you want me to admit it? I can type it all in caps.
Anyone who says Big Red's Iphone would NOT affect Android sales clearly underestimated the Average US consumer.
post #25 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexus View Post


Rebuttal 2: Your acting as if I'm incapable of rationalizing with your side's points SOLELY because I prefer the opposing side. Just because I may not be fond of your company does not mean I will stand against them at every possible turn no matter what. Do you want me to admit it? I can type it all in caps.
Anyone who says Big Red's Iphone would NOT affect Android sales clearly underestimated the Average US consumer.

You still apparently think that if Apple had the 3GS on all carriers, rather than the iPhone 4 on 2 and the 3GS on just 1, it wouldn't make much difference. That is fairly blinkered. You argued that the iPhone 4 affected Android phones only to make the ( spurious) point that most people on Verizon would only buy the iPhone 4 and wouldn't have bought the 3GS in the time period in question. That is a massive mis-understanding of markets and price points.

And your first rebuttal is wrong too - the iPhone is expensive. Both models are expensive.
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
post #26 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdasd View Post

1) Really, all of them are $200? I can see the LG optimus selling from $200 to $19.9 depending on plans.
2) ? Part of the market is price sensitive, and some section of that market is on verizon. More of it is on Sprint and T-Mobile. If APple had the 3GS and iPhone 4 on all carriers it would sell more. How much more is up for debate, more isn't.

By the way it is a nonsense to talk about the price of the iPhone at $50. Thats with a specific plan. The iPhone costs all kinds of different upfront costs outside the US, for the same phone.

No idea why that is so difficult in the US ( for iPhones only).

1. Excluding promotional plans or deals? Yes, All new(at least) Android phones are(at least again) $200 On any carrier. Locked on nationwide, outright on rural.
Although to further specify, these prices would most likely apply to high end models, which become obsolete within months anyway.


2. Ever heard of Prepaid? I'm NOT arguing that Apple would not sell more if all 4 were signed on. I AGREE that the Iphone sales would explode if such an event happened.

$50 at a specific plan in the US? These all look the same to me:

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-pho...id=h3MmVYhFU2o


And if we're including the rest of the world, You as well as I should know that technologically anything that matters in terms of consumer benefits would have the least chance of actually being better than the rest of the world's when introduced into the US.
post #27 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdasd View Post

You still apparently think that if Apple had the 3GS on all carriers, rather than the iPhone 4 on 2 and the 3GS on just 1, it wouldn't make much difference. That is fairly blinkered. You argued that the iPhone 4 affected Android phones only to make the ( spurious) point that most people on Verizon would only buy the iPhone 4 and wouldn't have bought the 3GS in the time period in question. That is a massive mis-understanding of markets and price points.

And your first rebuttal is wrong too - the iPhone is expensive. Both models are expensive.

If the 4 was NOT out, then the 3GS would have made MORE of an impact, not NO impact. BUT, the 4 exists, so LESS people would be likely to purchase said product. People generally like to be up to date or at least stable with technology.

T-Mobile Android phones I can state with certainty would have taken the most damage. Sprint's EVO, despite it's innumerable short comings would have held the fort for sprint.

As for my first rebuttal:

Again: http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-pho...id=h3MmVYhFU2o

Compare to: Droid X 2-$200/2 year contract
Samsung Droid Charge- $300/2 year contract
HTC Thunderbolt- $250/2 year contract
HTC EVO(to this day)- $200/2 year contract.

I haven't found any T-mobile phones for $200 because they are still trying to convince their subscribers that ATT won't have them bend over and take it all the way.
post #28 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexus View Post

If the 4 was NOT out, then the 3GS would have made MORE of an impact, not NO impact. BUT, the 4 exists, so LESS people would be likely to purchase said product. People generally like to be up to date or at least stable with technology.

I am a bit tired of going around in circles here with pseudo-rebuttals so lets quote someone who agrees with my substantive points about how Apple has room to grow. I will name the supporter in a minute.

I'm NOT arguing that Apple would not sell more if all 4 were signed on. I AGREE that the Iphone sales would explode if such an event happened.
Oh, that was you agreeing with my main point.

Quote:
Compare to: Droid X 2-$200/2 year contract
Samsung Droid Charge- $300/2 year contract
HTC Thunderbolt- $250/2 year contract
HTC EVO(to this day)- $200/2 year contract.

I haven't found any T-mobile phones for $200 because they are still trying to convince their subscribers that ATT won't have them bend over and take it all the way.

The real cost of any phone has to be it's unlocked, non-refurbished price. Phones sold on contract bury the real price in the contract. The 3GS costs $499 in the Apple store. A quick search on google finds an unlocked HTC Hero at $270. Heres a few more.

( sort by low to high).
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
post #29 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdasd View Post

I am a bit tired of going around in circles here with pseudo-rebuttals so lets quote someone who agrees with my substantive points about how Apple has room to grow. I will name the supporter in a minute.

I'm NOT arguing that Apple would not sell more if all 4 were signed on. I AGREE that the Iphone sales would explode if such an event happened.
Oh, that was you agreeing with my main point.



The real cost of any phone has to be it's unlocked, non-refurbished price. Phones sold on contract bury the real price in the contract. The 3GS costs $499 in the Apple store. A quick search on google finds an unlocked HTC Hero at $270. Heres a few more.

( sort by low to high).


That was what I was trying to get to you about. The situation if presented as you were describing if it manifested would have gone according to YOUR Prediction. But it has not manifested in such a large scale way yet.

OK, So we want unlocked phones to be compared. Very well. There are still about 12 or 13 of those phones that outprice the 3GS. Most of Those highly priced unlocked phones are the ones well known. I only counted 1 phone and for each and ignored any multiples(such as different colors and such.)
post #30 of 37
I think the important point here is that in a quarter where iPhone 4 went two carriers, and 3 was on sale, Android still kicked iOS's butt bit time.

And the big android releases most people are hanging out for coming this quarter.

Both iPhones on all carriers, with permanent lowering of 3GS prices and apple might be able to slow the losses to android. But in the long term, the writing is on the wall - read it.

iPhone is dead - long live android
post #31 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by stelligent View Post


But Android is growing at >5% and Apple is just over 1%. At some point, we have to admit that the trend is clear - Apple is settling in 2nd place and the gap is growing into a chasm. A game-changer is needed to bridge this. Making the iP4 available on Verizon clearly wasn't it.

Apple will still be #winning even in 2nd place.

But let's be clear... when you say "Android" you really mean all the phones that run Google's Android OS.

Yes... there are many phones that run Android... certainly more than the couple of iPhones in different colors and capacities.

If market share is your only yardstick for measurement... then Android has already "won"

But Apple is mopping the floor in other areas of the mobile industry... (other companies would KILL for Apple's numbers)
post #32 of 37
deleted
post #33 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairb View Post

I
Both iPhones on all carriers, with permanent lowering of 3GS prices and apple might be able to slow the losses to android.

Which losses are those?
post #34 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacRulez View Post

Samsung phones nearly three times more popular than Apple's:

A table showing Samsung's share going down, and Apple's going up.... is pretty poor quality trolling. Cummon' Rulez try to lift your game a little!
post #35 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairb View Post

I think the important point here is that in a quarter where iPhone 4 went two carriers, and 3 was on sale, Android still kicked iOS's butt bit time.

And the big android releases most people are hanging out for coming this quarter.

Both iPhones on all carriers, with permanent lowering of 3GS prices and apple might be able to slow the losses to android. But in the long term, the writing is on the wall - read it.

iPhone is dead - long live android

lol. Its like talking to the wall. In a quarter with an old iPhone, on just two carriers, with only one on both, Android's shoddy and cheap options did not actually manage any kind of inroads into Applle's market share. And the 3GS wasn't "on sale". It reduced it's high price point by $50. Its still more expensive than most Android phones, and it is 2 years old. But beating most Android phones.

Android is now long time doomed. Its a feature phone anyway, but when Apple has 5 models, on 4 carriers, it is an irrelevance ( I think that Windows will take some off it too, devs like it better).
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
post #36 of 37
Looks like all those forecast about Android been ahead of the iphone are not wrong after all. I just wish apple start giving more options for people that like choices (more than just one phone one size) and customization; maybe the IOS 5 will bring some of that.
Anyway, the competition is good for us, we get better products.
post #37 of 37
Under the radar, RIM has acquired Scoreloop, indicating they have plans for the gaming market too. A bit of a surprise.

http://www.scoreloop.com/
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple's iPhone passes RIM's BlackBerry in U.S. smartphone usage