or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › This is what "anti-American" means

This is what "anti-American" means

post #1 of 182
Super smart and perennial douche Bill Maher may have just gotten is show canceled...again. This time he's insulted the entire nation by claiming "anyone could be President of this dumb f*cking country."

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/bill-mahe...ortheast-tour/

I think there is more to the message, though. Maher is clearly a smart guy. As a smart guy, he knows that Obama's actions are indefensible at this point, as are his results. The economy is tanking again, we are debt up to our eyeballs, Obama is violating the War Powers Act, he's hung Israel out to dry, he's not kept promises on Gitmo, Obamacare is the worst of both worlds, and we are now in three wars instead of two. The point? If be can't do it, no one can...therefore it doesn't matter who is President.

I think Maher may have ended his career with this one. Time will tell.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #2 of 182
this won't end his career (this is probably a career enhancement), there are too many liberal media types that look at this as a summary of the conservative movement and republican field, so they will let it pass--and probably celebrate his "courage" and his "integrity"--wait for him developing an "intellectual stammer"
i've heard others comment on this verbally and they say its insulting to the point they won't watch him anymore, so maybe his viewership goes down and his sponsors go down
but much of this is for MSM ingestion and self indulgence

this should make most americans angry, but then again, its just another reflection on this administration and MSM types, another that people won't listen to and will be turned off
I APPLE THEREFORE I AM
I APPLE THEREFORE I AM
post #3 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOFEER View Post

this should make most americans angry,...

why? ... It's true... Looking at our current and previous presidents, it would seem that money and connections are all you need .... No brain required.
(and it applies to senators and congressmen as well)
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
post #4 of 182
I think I am going to start watching his show - every time I see a youtube clip I agree with what he has to say.
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
post #5 of 182
Bill only got in trouble for lashing out against our "cowardly" acts after 9-11
which even today remains a hot button issue with many.

These latest comments won't cause much of an uproar. If taken objectively where could we really say that we were finding success in this country based on leveraging our intelligence?

Turn on the TV there's more people watching The Bachelor/Bachlorette than actually tuning into domestic policy being created.

Sometimes the truth hurts.
He's a mod so he has a few extra vBulletin privileges. That doesn't mean he should stop posting or should start acting like Digital Jesus.
- SolipsismX
He's a mod so he has a few extra vBulletin privileges. That doesn't mean he should stop posting or should start acting like Digital Jesus.
- SolipsismX
post #6 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post

Bill only got in trouble for lashing out against our "cowardly" acts after 9-11
which even today remains a hot button issue with many.

These latest comments won't cause much of an uproar. If taken objectively where could we really say that we were finding success in this country based on leveraging our intelligence?

Turn on the TV there's more people watching The Bachelor/Bachlorette than actually tuning into domestic policy being created.

Sometimes the truth hurts.

Whatever. One doesn't get to call the country stupid with no consequences. People don't like their country being called stupid. I think he'll find that out.
post #7 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Whatever. One doesn't get to call the country stupid with no consequences. People don't like their country being called stupid. I think he'll find that out.

Personally I love when someone becomes outspoken about our country because only passion creates these eruptions. Had the Founding Forefathers embodied the limp wristed affectation that pervades our society now, there would be no United States.

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.
George Orwell
- SolipsismX
- SolipsismX
post #8 of 182
Quote:

Personally I love when someone becomes outspoken about our country because only passion creates these eruptions. Had the Founding Forefathers embodied the limp wristed affectation that pervades our society now, there would be no United States.

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.
George Orwell

So passion for one's country causes one to call the country "dumb."
post #9 of 182
Quote:

So passion for one's country causes one to call the country "dumb."

I know people that love their children but aren't afraid to counsel them about dumb decisions. Loving your country doesn't mean you keep your mouth closed when you see problems.

To sin by silence when they should protest makes cowards of men.

Abe Lincoln
- SolipsismX
- SolipsismX
post #10 of 182
Quote:

I know people that love their children but aren't afraid to counsel them about dumb decisions. Loving your country doesn't mean you keep your mouth closed when you see problems.

To sin by silence when they should protest makes cowards of men.

Abe Lincoln

No,sir..that's not what he said. He said "anyone could be President of this dumb f*cking country." That is not taking issue with dumb decisions. It's just an insult against one's own country.
post #11 of 182
We have turned into a dumb fucking country. A little honesty and passion shows more caring than a thousand self-congratulatory-American-exceptionalist-bullshit-laden-circle-jerk parades. Just look at the stats:

40% of Americans reject the idea of evolution with an additional 20% saying not sure. 60% of Americans do not trust one of the most established sciences we have on this planet. That's fucking dumb.

41% of Americans think that by 2050, Jesus either probably or definitely will return to the Earth and bring about the rapture. Two out of every five Americans believe this drivel. That's just fucking dumb.

There's just a couple quick easy to find examples.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/145286/Fo...eationism.aspx
http://www.good.is/post/more-than-40...ure-is-coming/

Clearly you think pride is about nationality. You're wrong.

Quote:
You're wrong about virtues of Christianity
And you're wrong if you agree with Sean Hannity
If you think that pride is about nationality, you're wrong

You're wrong when you imprison people turning tricks
And you're wrong about trickle down economics
If you think that punk rock doesn't mix with politics, you're wrong

You're wrong for hating queers and eating steers
If you kill for the thrill of the hunt
You're wrong 'bout wearing fur and not hating Ann Coulter
Cause she's a cunted cunt

You're wrong if you celebrate Columbus Day
And You're wrong if you think there will be a Judgement Day
If you're a charter member of the NRA, you're wrong

You're wrong if you support capital punishment
And you're wrong if you don't question your government
If you think her reproductive rights are inconsequent, you're wrong

You're wrong fighting Jihad, your blind faith in God
Your religions are all flawed,
You're wrong about drug use, when its not abuse
I hope you never reproduce

You're getting high on the downlow
A victim of the Cointelpro
You're wrong and will probably never know

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
post #12 of 182
Plus, you know, 53% of voters voted for Barack Obama thinking things would actually change. Now that's dumb.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

post #13 of 182
Healthcare reform setting the stage for Vermont to go single payer. Hey, that's change that actually did happen.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #14 of 182
I meant change for the better.

post #15 of 182
Oh sure, you meant that after the first thing you meant was discredited. You sure seem to get a lot of practice doing this sort of thing.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #16 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Oh sure, you meant that after the first thing you meant was discredited.

What was discredited?

Oh yeah...that voting for change thing. Whatever.

Quote:

If you say so.

post #17 of 182
Quote:

Super smart and perennial douche Bill Maher may have just gotten is show canceled...again. This time he's insulted the entire nation by claiming "anyone could be President of this dumb f*cking country."

I think there is more to the message, though. Maher is clearly a smart guy. As a smart guy, he knows that Obama's actions are indefensible at this point, as are his results. The economy is tanking again, we are debt up to our eyeballs, Obama is violating the War Powers Act, he's hung Israel out to dry, he's not kept promises on Gitmo, Obamacare is the worst of both worlds, and we are now in three wars instead of two. The point? If be can't do it, no one can...therefore it doesn't matter who is President.

Did you even watch the show? I just got to that part in it and in context the phrase is not outrageous whatsoever. They were just talking about how Palin thought Paul Revere was actually warning the British, (guffaw), and how this ridiculous bus tour is just a disingenuous presidential campaign disguised as a family vacation--and that sadly it may work because of the way Americans eat up reality TV. They discuss who else is running but finally Maher states that at the end of the day, even if Palin is running against Obama, there's a legitimate chance Obama doesn't get reelected if the economy is still in the shitter.

So, let's add the context into the quote.

If Sarah Palin, the retarded twat who thinks Paul Revere warned the FUCKING BRITISH, actually has a shot at becoming the president, well, anyone could be president of this dumb fucking country.

And he's right.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #18 of 182
Quote:

Did you even watch the show? I just got to that part in it and in context the phrase is not outrageous whatsoever. They were just talking about how Palin thought Paul Revere was actually warning the British, (guffaw), and how this ridiculous bus tour is just a disingenuous presidential campaign disguised as a family vacation--and that sadly it may work because of the way Americans eat up reality TV. They discuss who else is running but finally Maher states that at the end of the day, even if Palin is running against Obama, there's a legitimate chance Obama doesn't get reelected if the economy is still in the shitter.

If Sarah Palin, the retarded twat who thinks Paul Revere warned the FUCKING BRITISH, actually has a shot at becoming the president, well, anyone could be president of this dumb fucking country.

And he's right.

Next you're going to tell me they are retarded enough to vote for some guy who doesn't know how many states there are, thinks "Austrian" is a language, and doesn't know what year it happens to be.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #19 of 182
Doesn't compare. Palin is actively defending the idea that Paul Revere warned the British. It's not a slip, a gaffe, or anything of that nature. It's either a deliberate revision of history or willful ignorance of American history.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #20 of 182
Bill Maher is absolutely right, how else people like Reagan and Dubya become presidents?

iPod nano 5th Gen 8GB Orange, iPad 3rd Gen WiFi 32GB White
MacBook Pro 15" Core i7 2.66GHz 8GB RAM 120GB Intel 320M
Mac mini Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz 8GB RAM, iPhone 5 32GB Black

iPod nano 5th Gen 8GB Orange, iPad 3rd Gen WiFi 32GB White
MacBook Pro 15" Core i7 2.66GHz 8GB RAM 120GB Intel 320M
Mac mini Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz 8GB RAM, iPhone 5 32GB Black

post #21 of 182
Just had to chuckle.

Palin. McCain. The GOP. Fox. Or: Maher. Which insults the US more?

Thanks.

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

post #22 of 182
Quote:

Doesn't compare. Palin is actively defending the idea that Paul Revere warned the British. It's not a slip, a gaffe, or anything of that nature. It's either a deliberate revision of history or willful ignorance of American history.

That's quite an order you're giving out there. Are you going to follow it up with a physical threat or attempt gossip and perhaps press for exclusion from the forums if someone doesn't cowtow? Please prove your point rather than bullying others into acceptance of it.

post #23 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

That's quite an order you're giving out there. Are you going to follow it up with a physical threat or attempt gossip and perhaps press for exclusion from the forums if someone doesn't cowtow? Please prove your point rather than bullying others into acceptance of it.

When you’ve finished inventing or predicting threats you normally make accusations of mental illness.

This is what you do when you’re too lazy to debate the content of a post.
post #24 of 182
This whole premise is bullshit. "Anti-American" ONLY means wanting America to become a worse place for Americans, or, possibly, for America to do worse than a global competitor, or for America to change into a place that no longer resembles America as one can possibly interpret is as the Founding Fathers envisioned. Neither you, nor I ,nor Bill Maher are in any way "anti-American".

Saying America sucks or Americans are stupid, and wanting America to be better than it currently is can be fiercely pro-American.

George Bush is not anti-American. Nor is Barack Obama. Nor is Ron Paul, or Dennis Kucinich.

You're making this idea up because of your partisan nature.
post #25 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

When you’ve finished inventing or predicting threats you normally make accusations of mental illness.

This is what you do when you’re too lazy to debate the content of a post.

There wasn't any content to his post. It contained an order.

The content of the thread is Bill Maher insulting anyone who disagrees with him. BR took the post, added a little misogyny to it and then ordered people to view the world as he does.

Interesting that you defend his misogyny though as content though. I suppose your claim stands. I'm too lazy to call women "fucking twat(s)" so I must just be ducking the "issues."

post #26 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1618978 View Post

I think I am going to start watching his show - every time I see a youtube clip I agree with what he has to say.

But remember there's only a right wing echo chamber.
post #27 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1618978 View Post

He is a pretty funny guy a fair amount of the time and I have enjoyed his show in the past. I still do on occasion. The problem though is that he increasingly reminds me of late George Carlin, specifically his last tour. I love black comedy, LOVE IT but a decent percentage of Carlin's jokes in his last run were outright caustic and just bitter. Maher strikes me as that way but it's clear he isn't in a state of declining health and has a good 25 years left to hate the world around him.

post #28 of 182
Quote:

I am sick of defending Israel let them fend for themselves!They are to dam aggressive and only want what they want.Nobody else counts.Bush got us into two wars Iraq and Afghanistan the ass hole!.The screwed up Republicans want to delete Medicare completely and give the seniors vouchers big fucking deal. The wars are costing billions not health care!
post #29 of 182
Quote:

And he's right.

Hey smuck stop calling the U.S. a dumb fucking country! Go to a communist country and live there for a while.
post #30 of 182
Quote:

There wasn't any content to his post. It contained an order.

The content of the thread is Bill Maher insulting anyone who disagrees with him. BR took the post, added a little misogyny to it and then ordered people to view the world as he does.

Interesting that you defend his misogyny though as content though. I suppose your claim stands. I'm too lazy to call women "fucking twat(s)" so I must just be ducking the "issues."

I'm not calling women twats. I'm calling one particular person who acts like a twat a fucking twat. There's a difference. Like, if i were to call you a microphallus, which I'm not as that would be a personal insult, I wouldn't be calling every man a microphallus, but just one small hypothetical melodramatic piece of shit a microphallus. Let's be clear, I'm not calling you that. That would be against forum rules.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #31 of 182
How clever.

post #32 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

Hey smuck stop calling the U.S. a dumb fucking country! Go to a communist country and live there for a while.

You can't be real. Come on, give it up. Which forum troll are you?

Also, it's schmuck. But you probably already know that.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #33 of 182
Quote:

I'm not calling women twats. I'm calling one particular person who acts like a twat a fucking twat. There's a difference. Like, if i were to call you a microphallus, which I'm not as that would be a personal insult, I wouldn't be calling every man a microphallus, but just one small hypothetical melodramatic piece of shit a microphallus. Let's be clear, I'm not calling you that. That would be against forum rules.

So the defense is that you're only using hate against one woman and she deserved it.

Perhaps we should call it the Matthew Shepard beating defense. I guess it could also be called the rape defense, "You see your honor, I didn't rape all women, just one and she was asking for it."

post #34 of 182
Yup. Clearly that's what I'm doing. You sure nailed me. No distortion of reality there. Man, you're worse than hypothetical you.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #35 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

How clever.

I wonder what hateful epitaphs, I can hurl at President Obama now. I've got the BREEZING defense down. See it isn't hateful or racist if it is just one man and he deserves it.

I can call him anything now per BR and it's just fine due to that reasoning.

post #36 of 182
Quote:

I wonder what hateful epitaphs, I can hurl at President Obama now. I've got the BREEZING defense down. See it isn't hateful or racist if it is just one man and he deserves it.

I can call him anything now per BR and it's just fine due to that reasoning.

Sarah Palin would be a twat if she were a man. Her sex is irrelevant to her twatitude. She is a twat; she is an ignoramus; she would be a disgrace to the political conversation in any country in the world, and her sex is irrelevant.

You seem to be itching to call Barack Obama something racist with impunity, trumptman. This just makes you a racist.

I think generally, if you want to call people racist things, it makes you a racist, trumptman.
post #37 of 182
By the way.

An 'epitaph' is a funereral inscription. Maybe you meant 'epithet'.
post #38 of 182
Quote:

By the way.

An 'epitaph' is a funereral inscription. Maybe you meant 'epithet'.

Hahaha...I was playing with a Nokia phone and Opera Mini and it clearly has some different predictions. I'm leaving it and let's just remember that BR's hate is at the type of irrational level where it would justify murder. It's not even hate or violence if it is just one person and they deserve it per him.

Nokia E71 is a fun little phone btw. It's not my iPhone 4, but it's still fun.

post #39 of 182
Quote:

I'm leaving it and let's just remember that BR's hate is at the type of irrational level where it would justify murder.

No, it's not. You're being hysterical.
post #40 of 182
Quote:

No, it's not. You're being hysterical.

Wrong actions aren't wrong when they are only committed against one person. That is BR's reasoning. We know you've always had problems with quantifiers so don't sweat your lack of clarity here as well.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › This is what "anti-American" means