or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › This is what "anti-American" means

This is what "anti-American" means - Page 3

post #81 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Biden certainly hasn't apologized for the majority of his gaffes.

I don't think someone needs to necessarily apologize for a gaffe. Just don't fucking double down and claim your gaffe is actually truth. You didn't answer the question. You just dodged it.

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
post #82 of 182
Quote:

"Look, John's last-minute economic plan does nothing to tackle the number-one job facing the middle class, and it happens to be, as Barack says, a three-letter word: jobs. J-O-B-S, jobs." --Joe Biden, Athens, Ohio, Oct. 15, 2008

Hubris and willful ignorance, indeed.

And then he went on CNN the next day and said, "JOBS HAS THREE LETTERS. YOU ARE ALL WRONG! STOP IT WITH YOUR GOTCHA LAMESTREAM MEDIA!"

Oh wait, he didn't.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #83 of 182

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #84 of 182
You will note, I have not once defended Sarah Palin in this conversation. But you are applying a set of rules to her that you refuse to apply to people you support.

Biden has not "doubled down" on his gaffes because - in large part - NOBODY IN THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA HAS FORCED HIM TO ACKNOWLEDGE THEM.

That's called a double standard.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #85 of 182
Then say Sarah Palin is wrong for doubling down and deal with your Biden and "mainstream media" issues in another thread. Or until all perceived injustices are stamped out from this world, are you unable to dole out any justice at all?

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #86 of 182
Quote:

Let's not even talk about Joe Biden, the walking gaffe machine.

Is it a gaffe if you plagiarized it from someone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

I don't think someone needs to necessarily apologize for a gaffe. Just don't fucking double down and claim your gaffe is actually truth. You didn't answer the question. You just dodged it.

The best that can be argued about Palin is that she was inarticulate. That isn't a crime and it isn't even worth discussing except to Democrats who want to mold reality to fit their cartoonish beliefs.

It isn't hard to find Obama gaffes. It isn't hard to find information Obama got wrong. It isn't hard to even go find Obama bold faced lies with regard to policies and promises.

Since we can go find all of those or we could even find video where we count his ums.... what the hell does it say about his ability to hold an office?

Folks like yourself should just admit you fixate on this little bullshit because you could never defeat the big ideas. Palin can put them in a book or a policy paper or have half the administrative staff Obama currently has expound on them for hours.

The point is the ideas she will put forward will work and the one's Obama has actually put into practice are a massive failure having not dealt with the economy and adding what will likely be $5 trillion in new debt by the end of his first term.

Since $5 trillion in debt, three official wars, a couple unauthorized extended military actions, chronic long term unemployment including 9% unemployment and major tax increases all coming online in 2013 can't be defended in any form or fashion, the left has to focus on something idiotically small as a distraction.

I'm enjoying using this leftist language. Perhaps I can convince them with a short and profane burst since that resembles their thinking.

The TSA is FINGER FUCKING GRANDMA and OBAMA is dropping bombs and having drones shoot up half the Middle East and all you're seriously pissing yourselves about is if Palin was right about Paul Revere warning the British?!?!??!!

The recovery is jobless. The debt is growing by a trillion a year. Entitlements are ready to bankrupt the entire country and YOU'RE PISSING YOURSELVES BECAUSE PALIN'S BUS HAS A FLAG ON THE SIDE OF IT.

Given the size of the problems out there, anyone who even gives the Palin/Revere bit the time of day ought to be ashamed. She's not even a declared candidate and even if she was, there are people who haven't had a job during the entire Obama administration and their concern is not whether the BRITISH WERE WARNED.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #87 of 182
Quote:

Then say Sarah Palin is wrong for doubling down and deal with your Biden and "mainstream media" issues in another thread. Or until all perceived injustices are stamped out from this world, are you unable to dole out any justice at all?

Sarah Palin's gaffes are irrelevant, as are Joe Biden's, Obama's, et al.

I refuse to be distracted by them, and so should you.

My point is, if you ARE going to allow yourself to be distracted by them, then at least be consistent.

Your mock outrage won't work, here.

See, if a President can have an affair, then double down on it UNDER OATH and say "I did not have sex with that woman" and get away with it, then Palin, Biden, et al. can and do certainly get away with their own gaffes. Calling them out on it is, ultimately, futile.

Your anger, attention, and energy are being purposely redirected from where they should justly be focused: the state.

post #88 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Is it a gaffe if you plagiarized it from someone else?

The best that can be argued about Palin is that she was inarticulate. That isn't a crime and it isn't even worth discussing except to Democrats who want to mold reality to fit their cartoonish beliefs.

It isn't hard to find Obama gaffes. It isn't hard to find information Obama got wrong. It isn't hard to even go find Obama bold faced lies with regard to policies and promises.

Since we can go find all of those or we could even find video where we count his ums.... what the hell does it say about his ability to hold an office?

Folks like yourself should just admit you fixate on this little bullshit because you could never defeat the big ideas. Palin can put them in a book or a policy paper or have half the administrative staff Obama currently has expound on them for hours.

The point is the ideas she will put forward will work and the one's Obama has actually put into practice are a massive failure having not dealt with the economy and adding what will likely be $5 trillion in new debt by the end of his first term.

Since $5 trillion in debt, three official wars, a couple unauthorized extended military actions, chronic long term unemployment including 9% unemployment and major tax increases all coming online in 2013 can't be defended in any form or fashion, the left has to focus on something idiotically small as a distraction.

I'm enjoying using this leftist language. Perhaps I can convince them with a short and profane burst since that resembles their thinking.

The TSA is FINGER FUCKING GRANDMA and OBAMA is dropping bombs and having drones shoot up half the Middle East and all you're seriously pissing yourselves about is if Palin was right about Paul Revere warning the British?!?!??!!

The recovery is jobless. The debt is growing by a trillion a year. Entitlements are ready to bankrupt the entire country and YOU'RE PISSING YOURSELVES BECAUSE PALIN'S BUS HAS A FLAG ON THE SIDE OF IT.

Given the size of the problems out there, anyone who even gives the Palin/Revere bit the time of day ought to be ashamed. She's not even a declared candidate and even if she was, there are people who haven't had a job during the entire Obama administration and their concern is not whether the BRITISH WERE WARNED.

It is amusing (in a sad sorta way). I don't really care a whole lot about Palin, but I've never quite understood the left's fetish with her (or even Bush post-presidency). At times it does smell a bit like that old magician trick to have you watch one hand while the other is doing some trick. It's a distraction. I'm far more concerned with the people who are actually in power.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

post #89 of 182
Quote:

Sarah Palin's gaffes are irrelevant, as are Joe Biden's, Obama's, et al.

I refuse to be distracted by them, and so should you.

My point is, if you ARE going to allow yourself to be distracted by them, then at least be consistent.

Your mock outrage won't work, here.

See, if a President can have an affair, then double down on it UNDER OATH and say "I did not have sex with that woman" and get away with it, then Palin, Biden, et al. can and do certainly get away with their own gaffes. Calling them out on it is, ultimately, futile.

Your anger, attention, and energy are being purposely redirected from where they should justly be focused: the state.

So you will not chide Palin doubling down on ignorance. I get it. You are so deeply entrenched in your partisanship that you can't bring yourself to do that. That's all we need to know.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #90 of 182
Quote:

So you will not chide Palin doubling down on ignorance. I get it. You are so deeply entrenched in your partisanship that you can't bring yourself to do that. That's all we need to know.

Incorrect.

I think chiding Palin is futile, irrelevant, and stupid. Therefore, I will not do so. That's all you need to know.

Partisanship? Have you been paying attention to anything I have written since returning?

post #91 of 182
It's irrelevant to make a statement that anyone who doubles down on ignorance is wrong?

Oh wait...I get it...

Religious people who don't trust the science of evolution. Self preservation would make lashing out against ignorance difficult.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #92 of 182
I thought you were talking about Palin. Why are you moving the goalposts?

post #93 of 182
Quote:

I thought you were talking about Palin. Why are you moving the goalposts?

We are talking about Palin, you twit. You refuse to say she did something wrong and justify it with a flimsy, retarded excuse.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #94 of 182
Quote:

We are talking about Palin, you twit. You refuse to say she did something wrong and justify it with a flimsy, retarded excuse.

You said:

Quote:
It's irrelevant to make a statement that anyone who doubles down on ignorance is wrong?

Are we talking about Palin or are we talking about anyone?

And nice touch with the name-calling.

post #95 of 182
I've been more than fair in answering your questions without dipping and dodging all day today. Either give me that courtesy back or fuck off.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #96 of 182
I answered your original question.

post #97 of 182
No, you didn't. You dodged. Your answer was that you wouldn't answer. So either really answer or fuck off.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #98 of 182
Quote:

The problem isn't the gaffe. The problem is she went to defend the gaffe in a Fox News interview the next day. She claimed she said nothing wrong and that she was factually correct. That's bullshit.

Obama did not go on CNN the next day and say "I KNOW MY AMERICAN HISTORY, THAT'S A GOTCHA QUESTION AND THERE CLEARLY ARE 60 STATES!"

Gaffe--shit happens.

Defending the shit out of the gaffe and trying to pass it off as the truth--FUCKING TWATISH BEHAVIOR!

I just explained to you that it really ISN'T a gaffe. The "gaffe" was invented by people like you that subscribe to the characterization she is a dolt. She defended herself because she was right.

Here are some of her follow-up comments:

Quote:
Here is what Paul Revere did. He warned the Americans that the British were coming . . . and they were going to try take our arms and we got to make sure that we were protecting ourselves and shoring up all of ammunitions and our firearms so that they couldnt take it, Palin said yesterday. But remember that the British had already been there, many soldiers for seven years in that area. And part of Paul Reveres ride and it wasnt just one ride he was a courier, he was a messenger. Part of his ride was to warn the British that were already there. . . . You are not going to beat our own well-armed persons, individual, private militia that we have. He did warn the British.

It appears that the confusion caused by Palins comments may have come from blending two separate bits of history the ride itself, and what happened when it was over, when Paul Revere was captured by British soldiers.

This is as I said. The original statement was clumsy, but not wrong. Only partisan loons would believe Sarah Palin doesn't know what Paul Revere did.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #99 of 182
Quote:

Awesome guy there. "I don't care that Sarah Palin doesn't know anything about American History."

That is an absurd opening. It goes on, with him claiming that Palin's knowledge as expressed in the interview was from her being heavily coached. You see, BR, there is nothing new here. Republicans=moronic and Democrats=genius. This narrative has been going on for the last 40 years.
post #100 of 182
BR, you asked me specifically about calling out Palin for doubling down on her "gaffe". I explained that I would not and why I would not.

You then proceeded to say that because I will not call out Palin for doubling down on her "gaffe" that I am saying "it's irrelevant to make a statement that anyone who doubles down on ignorance is wrong". I never made any such claim or statement. You changed the subject of the question after I answered it because I didn't answer it to your liking.

Was that intentional on your part? Or was it a gaffe?

post #101 of 182
I didn't know that magic underwear doubled as a question deflection device. Well played. I'm done with this.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #102 of 182
Promise?

post #103 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

I just explained to you that it really ISN'T a gaffe. The "gaffe" was invented by people like you that subscribe to the characterization she is a dolt. She defended herself because she was right.

Here are some of her follow-up comments:

This is as I said. The original statement was clumsy, but not wrong. Only partisan loons would believe Sarah Palin doesn't know what Paul Revere did.

Palin claimed on the midnight ride Revere fired guns and rang bells. That is 100% incorrect. She proceeded to double down on stupid. You are proceeding to do the same.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #104 of 182
Quote:

Palin claimed on the midnight ride Revere fired guns and rang bells. That is 100% incorrect. She proceeded to double down on stupid. You are proceeding to do the same.

It doesn't really matter what Palin said originally, because you'd find something--any little error or clumsy bit of speech and use it to reinforce your perception that's she's a dolt.

And that, folks, is really what Democrats have left...insults and obfuscation. They cannot defend the indefensible. Their President is an unmitigated disaster, the economy is tanking, we're in three wars and we have a deficit and debt of nearly greek proportions. But you and the media are running around screaming about that dumb idiot Palin and her RV vacation.
post #105 of 182
No, my issue with Palin this time around has to do with her having the audacity to claim that she was RIGHT the first time when she was most clearly WRONG. Facts don't matter to her. If reality differs from what she claims it is, well, it's rewritten.

Paul Revere gaffe: Whoops, that was kinda dumb.

Admitting it was a gaffe: Impressive that she owned it and learned something new. Props to her.

Refusing to admit she made a mistake: FUCKING TWAT. THAT'S NOT HOW HISTORY WORKS!

And if you really believe it was a vacation and not a campaign thinly veiled as a vacation, you are bullshitting yourself.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #106 of 182
Margaret Thatcher: Sarah Palin is a TWAT.

Presidential material right there. SHe would be such a credit to America on the international stage, of that there can be no doubt. I salute your efforts to defend this twat, but even Mrs Thatcher, who is a hard-assed evil witch, thinks she's a dick.
post #107 of 182
By all means, fellas...keep it up. Join your allies in the media by going absolutely freaking crazy over this woman is not running for anything. Oh, and make sure you SAVAGE anyone who even begins to offer another opinion...even those (like me) that aren't particularly interested in her running for office. I'm actually starting to enjoy this. Liberals/progressives/what-have-you have an unbelievably visceral hatred for this woman.

Sarah Palin
post #108 of 182
Sarah Palin is indeed an opportunistic idiot. But so are the vast majority of people who actually hold elective office.

post #109 of 182
Quote:

Sarah Palin is indeed an opportunistic idiot. But so are the vast majority of people who actually hold elective office.

I don't necessarily agree there. I don't want to see her run for President, but I don't think she's dumb, either. Her accent and folksy mannerisms are quite annoying at times, but I don't think it's lack of intellect.

One thing I will say is that she shares the same basic view of the nation that many Americans have. Whoever the nominee is, he/she will need that. It's going to be an issue in the general election for sure.
post #110 of 182
Alex Massie, former Washington correspondent of The Telegraph, and Thatcher confidante, writing in The Spectator:

Quote:
There is something loathsome about this attempt to use a frail 86-year-old stroke victim (who has largely retired from public life) as fodder to enhance your own domestic political agenda. It is vulgar and it is vainglorious and therefore entirely typical of Palin's political style.

Lovely.

Quote:
Why should Lady Thatcher have any interest in meeting Palin?...One is a giant figure; the other, politically speaking, a carnival pygmy better suited to life on a second-rate reality television show.
post #111 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

Alex Massie, former Washington correspondent of The Telegraph, and Thatcher confidante, writing in The Spectator:

Lovely.

When did the Left start caring about using people for political gain?
post #112 of 182
NPR factchecks Sarah Palin

Multiple sources have checked this now and claimed she was right. Anyone who claims different is doubling down on stupid.

post #113 of 182

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #114 of 182
Quote:

And other historians disagree.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/sarah...ry?id=13773745

Is disagreement the same as ignorance? Is it the same as doubling down on ignorance?

Looks like you're moving the goalposts.

Forget treating people well though. Let's just go for repetition.

Multiple sources have checked this now and claimed she was right. Anyone who claims different is doubling down on stupid.

post #115 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Is disagreement the same as ignorance? Is it the same as doubling down on ignorance?

Looks like you're moving the goalposts.

Forget treating people well though. Let's just go for repetition.

Agreed. In fact, BR's link is filled with people playing semantics. They're arguing about the definition of "warning" for God's sake. What Palin said was essentially accurate, though clumsily stated.
post #116 of 182
Quote:

40% of Americans reject the idea of evolution with an additional 20% saying not sure. 60% of Americans do not trust one of the most established sciences we have on this planet. That's fucking dumb.

41% of Americans think that by 2050, Jesus either probably or definitely will return to the Earth and bring about the rapture. Two out of every five Americans believe this drivel. That's just fucking dumb.

Evolution is a fraud. You are complicit in brainwashing the masses with your fetish. Shame on you.

Not only that but Darwin did not believe all people were created equal. He thought certain races were superior to others. Racist, ignorant bigot who still has people who jizz on his cold dead legs.

Fellows

No Stupid is when you have liberals in California who when Steve Jobs of Apple proposes to build a world class new campus for Apple Computer at the city council a STUPID as whack dipshit council woman in Cupertino asks Steve Jobs.... "So do we get free wifi?" if they let him proceed with his plans....

WTF with these liberals who are not thankful for what they have. They always want to extort something out of those who do produce and achieve. SCREW liberals who have no sense but to run off those who create tax bases and jobs. Screw them. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtuz5OmOh_M

That is stupid BR
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34

post #117 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellowship View Post

Evolution is a fraud. You are complicit in brainwashing the masses with your fetish. Shame on you.

Not only that but Darwin did not believe all people were created equal. He thought certain races were superior to others. Racist, ignorant bigot who still has people who jizz on his cold dead legs.

Fellows

Wow. I'm just going to quote this to preserve it. I'm sorry that our education system failed you so hard. This is just sad.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #118 of 182
Quote:

Wow. I'm just going to quote this to preserve it. I'm sorry that our education system failed you so hard. This is just sad.

Hmmm...I wonder if that one meets the standard or not.

post #119 of 182
Quote:

It should not be sad to you that people evaluate the data and take differing views. The Universe is pretty huge as I suspect you would agree. It is big enough in fact I would argue that people can see things from differing vantage points. The most un-liberal people I know are self described liberals.

Athiest / Evolution fetish / secular humanist liberals wish to impose their worldview onto others via the education system. These liberals are what I call liberal fundamentalists.

They are anything but liberal.

Fellows

post #120 of 182
I honestly don't believe you have evaluated the data. I honestly don't believe you truly understand what evolution is or how it works. I honestly don't believe you even understand the incredibly flawed counterarguments against evolution that you parrot. The only thing I honestly believe you do understand is how to close your mind while pretending it's open.

-Sagan

-Sagan
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › This is what "anti-American" means