or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › UDID Activations - iOS 5!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

UDID Activations - iOS 5!  

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
Hello everyone!

With iOS 5 around the corner I have several slots open on my developer account. I understand that there are some who simply can't pay, thus I'd be willing to register some completely free spots. Note that if you can donate please do as you are also supporting the ability for me to provide free slots for those that absolutely can't.

Additionally, you will receive an email with a direct link download to iOS 5 Monday.

Thanks!
post #2 of 16
Not this nonsense again. It's deplorable.

Quote:
a direct link download to iOS 5 Monday.

Yeah flipping right. On both fronts: that it will be available and that you give these things out.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

 

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

 

post #3 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Not this nonsense again. It's deplorable.



Yeah flipping right. On both fronts: that it will be available and that you give these things out.

Deplorable in what respect? I'm only trying to give access to individuals that would otherwise not be able to have it. In the event iOS 5 isn't seeded Monday but rather later in the month it will be sent ASAP; believe me I am not trying to scam people here...
post #4 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony1258 View Post

Deplorable in what respect? I'm only trying to give access to individuals that would otherwise not be able to have it.

Who have no right to it, who have no need to have it, and who only muck up bug reports with useless crap they expect to work perfectly well like it did in release version of the OS.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

 

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

 

post #5 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Who have no right to it, who have no need to have it, and who only muck up bug reports with useless crap they expect to work perfectly well like it did in release version of the OS.

I'm not quite sure why you'd generalize this way. There are plenty of individuals who enjoy testing it for the sake of knowing what's new. No need and no right may be your opinion but frankly it's obvious the interest for the latest SW and HW extends greater than simply those developers working closely on applications; take a look at mass media. If you're worried about Apple being flooded with useless bug reports there is no need, only the owner of the developer account has the ability to submit such.
post #6 of 16
I think it's perfectly acceptable people love to test new things.
post #7 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braderz93 View Post

I think it's perfectly acceptable people love to test new things.

So do I. But not when it's against Apple's terms of service. And not when it's detrimental to Apple's image and mindset.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

 

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

 

post #8 of 16
Anthony1258 Hello I live in Brazil and here it is not possible to be a developer: / and I wanted to test the ios5 I saw in the keynote .. even without donations (I have no credit card'm underage) could tell me what you need to send you to activate .. I thank you ^ ^ ----- sorry for bad english ....
post #9 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by faapf View Post

here it is not possible to be a developer

I don't buy that for a second. Probably because it's a lie.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

 

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

 

post #10 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I don't buy that for a second. Probably because it's a lie.

is not a lie .. Brazilian developer needs to be a fool to address American apple .. and well, I'm not up to doing this ..

and another, I do not have to lie .. because he said he would free some times ... so I'm not here to fool anyone, especially someone who is doing it willingly .. difrent you do not put something positive and on top of what he calls're doing ..
post #11 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by faapf View Post

is not a lie .. Brazilian developer needs to be a fool to address American apple .. and well, I'm not up to doing this ..

You can be in Brazil and sign up for a iOS developer account on your own without an American account associated therewith.

Quote:
and another, I do not have to lie .. because he said he would free some times ... so I'm not here to fool anyone, especially someone who is doing it willingly .. difrent you do not put something positive and on top of what he calls're doing ..

What he is doing is wrong. You can get your own account, even though you live in Brazil.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

 

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

 

post #12 of 16
but not in the U.S. to create an account here in Brazil if you do not know is blocked ... he never actively saying that you need a credit card (I do not have one) and need a U.S. billing address ... attempt to create an account in another country and going to the same error: /and without regard to America (some get when they meet friends of the United States) Brazilians can not create a developer account
post #13 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Who have no right to it, who have no need to have it, and who only muck up bug reports with useless crap they expect to work perfectly well like it did in release version of the OS.

I just have to ask this. Why do you care? If the OP wants to help some good people try out some cool new stuff for free, then why not? Its not like he's trying to scam people out of thier money. His dev account, his choice. Why does it matter to you? Unless your an Apple employee....
post #14 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by bongo View Post

I just have to ask this. Why do you care? If the OP wants to help some good people try out some cool new stuff for free, then why not? Its not like he's trying to scam people out of thier money. His dev account, his choice. Why does it matter to you? Unless your an Apple employee....

Because its against the legal document the developer signed. that's why.
post #15 of 16
Could a moderator please give us a definitive stance on this topic? Thanks.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

 

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

 

post #16 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Could a moderator please give us a definitive stance on this topic? Thanks.

As always with these things, it ends up that you just get a bunch of people finding this in Google and signing up to the forum to get what's on offer. Also, payments/donations are against the forum rules. Some people may want access to it and it can be beneficial if people share reviews etc but it is better done by PM.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
This thread is locked  
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › UDID Activations - iOS 5!