or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Rumor: Think of Apple's iCloud as 'the new iTunes'

Rumor: Think of Apple's iCloud as 'the new iTunes' - Page 3

post #81 of 131
People were demanding that Apple introduce untethered syncing -- get rid of that umbilical cord, we do it for new-born babies, so why not for techtoys.

Now, when there's speculation that Apple may just do that, we get all these negative reponses -- doomsday stuff, really. Get indoors, crawl under the bed, the world as we know it ends today.

Whatever Apple announces today, I know that it will make my comfort-zone even more plush and comfortable.
post #82 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicj View Post

Have you ever been told your data was stolen? Do you know anyone who Apple told their data has been stolen? Ever seen an article where Apple said customer data was stolen?

I remember one story when hackers were stealing iTunes accounts (just by guessing the passwords). Apple's response was to change iTunes so that every time your account is accessed from a new machine, you need to re-enter the 4-digit credit card security code.

Edit: here it is http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/06/a...ms-said-fraud/
post #83 of 131
Quote:

I just think that for a lot of people, current syncing is a trivial issue. You're connecting the device to the computer to charge the battery anyway. Syncing it at the same time doesn't really add any overhead.

Agreed. Never understood why so many have made this to be a big deal. Just like the notification issue. Simply not a big deal.

Quote:

This new way of syncing is more work than current way, not less.

Now this is baseless. You don't even know how the new way works and you already know it is more work. Come on!
post #84 of 131
Quote:

Also not categorically impossible for Apple to publish their policy on data theft. And yet they don't.

That's because hackers stole their policy.
post #85 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by sip View Post

People were demanding that Apple introduce untethered syncing -- get rid of that umbilical cord, we do it for new-born babies, so why not for techtoys.

Demanding? Not I. I sync and charge at the same time. Simple.

With wireless (not untethered, BTW) syncing, there will be power drain and so we will need to plug the iPhone/iPod to the computer more often for charging, making wireless syncing not just moot but in fact a drag.

Ok, I am exaggerating but I think iCloud will be more than just about wireless syncing because, frankly, it wouldn't be so exciting otherwise.
post #86 of 131
Quote:

Apple also testified to Congress that user data has been stolen multiple times from the iPhone.

That's not the same thing as informing a user their data has been stolen.

Data stolen from individual iPhones? Like someone guessed the password, or jailbroke the OS, something like that? I don't know how Apple would even know it's not the genuine owner until after the fact, when the genuine owner starts complaining.
post #87 of 131
The new iTunes?

I still hanker after the days of the old iTunes, before it was made into an unwieldy mess.

Many of the most important software concepts were invented in the 70s and forgotten in the 80s.

Many of the most important software concepts were invented in the 70s and forgotten in the 80s.

post #88 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by sip View Post

Now, when there's speculation that Apple may just do that, we get all these negative reponses -- doomsday stuff, really. Get indoors, crawl under the bed, the world as we know it ends today.

There was the opportunity for wireless syncing between apple devices, but not bringing internet streaming into it.

post #89 of 131
Quote:

Yay!

Finally someone has figured out how to solve the hassle of having all my data, songs, apps, books, and movies available with me at all times and replaced it with the convienence of downloading it all over and over again over slow public wi-fi!

We've gone through this before. This doesn't suite you because you are not a typical user.

You are a small percentage minority case.

Apple doesn't tend to make products for small niche markets.

For the small number of users like yourself the old way of syncing will still be available.
post #90 of 131
This is what I love about Apple. They plan their sh**! Not like the other guys that just throw crap together and hope it sticks.
That data center is amazing from what I have seen. And I believe there will be more surprises today.
post #91 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankleskater View Post

But you cannot categorically say it is impossible to prove a negative.

Gah! Too many negatives in one sentence! You're hurting my braaaaiiin!!!
"Don't be a dick!"Wil Wheaton
post #92 of 131
Quote:

Apple also testified to Congress that user data has been stolen multiple times from the iPhone.

Got a link? I never really followed the Congress story. Now you've got me interested.
post #93 of 131
Quote:

Last I checked we don't generate electricity from petroleum.

When was the last time you checked? Let me guess - NEVER! The percentage is small, but we do generate electricity by burning petroleum.

Ooooh! Looky here! A diesel power plant!

A diesel emergency generator. Very similar to the one outside the building I work at.

A portable generator you can take camping or tailgating.
post #94 of 131
Quote:

My not watching TV in 7 years has what exactly to do with syncing data to an iPad?

Nothing.
post #95 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Scrip View Post

I have tons of songs on my computer... that I could sync to a phone.

So will I have songs on my computer... then sync them to the cloud... then sync them to the phone?

The whole point of syncing something is to make sure you've got 2 copies of something the same.

With computer--cloud--phone... it's gets a little murkier.

Are they suggesting that I don't keep songs on my own computer?

I can't wait for tomorrow...

I don't think people (Apple+ Money Grubbing Record Labels) are taking away your today (yesterday). That just isn't tomorrow (today).

I do think for most people, they want to purchase lifetime transferrable (to machines they own) license to listen. These people don't think in GB or sync's. They just think in 'owns'. Every box they have has the ability to sync entire songs, or sync a snippet (see patent filed a few months back), that can be completed by your LAN (Time Capsule), or public cloud (the intertubes to the NC data center).

Syncing will basically become what Time Machine is today. A backup your machines do every hour if they are connected to the net. Minimally to your local Time Capsule, who then participates in the collective cloud (borg like), if you so choose). so when you say 'autofill' from playlist, it happens... immediately, at least within your home. On the web, you may want to say 'sync now'

Isn't that what people want... automagic syncing?
post #96 of 131
Quote:

Last I checked we don't generate electricity from petroleum.

Most countries do, although to a pretty small extent (and I am not talking about diesel-powered generators but big plants). More important though is natural gas most of it comes from somewhat unstable countries. And even though a number of Western democraties have enough gas to be net exporters, consuming less and thus exporting more, does reduce the imports other countries do from those 'unstable' countries.

And that is before looking at secondary effects like like sulphur, mercury and other emissions from coal burning.
post #97 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrak05 View Post

If this is the "New iTunes" think about geting a new iPod, iPhone, or iPad and geting this stuff from the iCloud again. It's ridiculous! If you want to do all of these things over 3G or 4G depending on the situation you will be charged, there is a lot of data here. You have music, movies, and tv shows. If you're on broadband think about how slow it will be, even with broadband. Apple wouldn't be this stupid to take EVERYTHING to the cloud.

It is ridiculous to offer the option to bypass iTunes for situations where this has advantages?

Or isn't it rather ridiculous to insinuate that a new optional way of doing things is equal to making this new way the only way when there is no reason whatsoever for Apple to take away the existing options?
post #98 of 131
I'm fully expecting an NFC announcement somewhere in today's presentation. I see Apple plans to use NFC to tap and transfer data between iPhones and iPads using new Airport and/or Time Machine hardware. With Apple being a seller of hardware rather than software I think that's the realistic path Apple has decided on. There's going to be a hardware purchase necessary besides just the primary users's iPhone or iPad.

That might not qualify as the "unique twist" that Apple mentioned in the past since data update/transfer using NFC is already being done (Google Health patient records for instance), so Apple may even have more creative uses for it. But using NFC to sync devices using Apple-specific hardware solutions is definitely in the works IMHO.
melior diabolus quem scies
melior diabolus quem scies
post #99 of 131
Quote:

Since they don't tell anyone when it gets stolen, there are no examples to point to.

I was waiting for just that response! Pathetic..... but the sad part is, you probably don't even see it!
post #100 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

I don't get this. It seems to come up a lot-- that Gruber is right about stuff but he's a "clown."

Why? I read him all the time, he's generally pretty analytical. He has a weakness for pointing out some of the really bad prognostication tech pundits do around Apple and the industry, but I don't see why he's a clown.

Didn't you read the definition of clown in your dictionary: 'Anybody who disagrees with me'
post #101 of 131
Quote:

With wireless (not untethered, BTW) syncing, there will be power drain and so we will need to plug the iPhone/iPod to the computer more often for charging, making wireless syncing not just moot but in fact a drag.

There are places to plug your iOS device into for charging other than the computer. Many cars have USB ports in them these days. Many external batteries cover the dock port and provide only USB connectivity. There are even wall adaptors that provide USB power for things like Nooks, Kindles, and cell phones that can be used.

I think it'd be great if my computer and iOS devices were wirelessly aware of each other and could stay synced up without manual intervention.

I wonder how long before we see an iOS device with no external hardwired connection. Do all charging through induction. All comms through Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.

I'd like for a "one more thing" to be some cool LightPeak/Thunderbolt announcements.

- Jasen.
post #102 of 131
I bet iTunes magically turns into something like Spotify with added Videos. It is a desktop app which streams music and video from the clouds. It would be nice if it worked wirelessly so a) if all your stuff was from iTunes it synced from the cloud over the air or if you have local files, from your laptop in the other room running iTunes.

Not everyone has wireless (or iOs) and Jobs has said the Classic isn't going away , any time soon. So it will still all have to work the same way as it did before.
post #103 of 131
Quote:

I don't get this. It seems to come up a lot-- that Gruber is right about stuff but he's a "clown."

Why? I read him all the time, he's generally pretty analytical. He has a weakness for pointing out some of the really bad prognostication tech pundits do around Apple and the industry, but I don't see why he's a clown.

Gruber has a lot of insight re Apple and the nature of the products they make. It's when he steps outside his area of expertise that he embarrasses himself.

Because Apple is so popular, Gruber's site has seen an enormous surge of interest, and he's convinced himself that people have actually come his way to read about Everything Gruber.

And, well, they haven't and don't. I wouldn't mind knowing more about Steve Jobs, because he's done some great things in his life and has a gift for truly original and far-sighted thinking. But for all the talk about Steve's 'ego' it's not a fraction the size of Gruber's, who acts as if we're hanging on for his every half-baked idea on whatever catches his attention at any given moment. Nor does Jobs crave the attention, or have the sad, cloying need for popular affirmation that Gruber does. Gruber admires Jobs, and Jobs definitely has admirable qualities. Ironically, Gruber is completely incapable of emulating or (apparently) even understanding Jobs' generally admirable public conduct.

If he'd stick to Apple and tech subjects, as his idol does, Gruber would be terrific. But he just can't.

And yes, it does come up a lot. A LOT. Even the people he links to, when they'll speak candidly and off-the-record, express these misgivings. Unfortunately, Gruber just cannot take the hint, and most likely he never will.
post #104 of 131
I can't say I like the analogy given by Gruber ands restate hers, but it does give me some hope that iTunes X will be at least demoed today and not in September. Part of my reasoning that it might rear it's head today is my expectation of Lion to have fullscreen iTunes. It's one the few apps I could benefit from being fullscreen.

I can only assume Apple will follow their other products nomenclature by appending an 'X' version to 64-bit, Cocoa rewrites of apps. I also hope this rewrite is what is keeping me from viewing iBooks from within iTunes.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
post #105 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

I can only assume Apple will follow their other products nomenclature by appending an 'X' version to 64-bit, Cocoa rewrites of apps. I also hope this rewrite is what is keeping me from viewing iBooks from within iTunes.

That's the biggest fail for me so far: that I can only view my iBooks on my iOS devices. A desktop app should have come out within a few months of the iOS release, if not sooner. I'm dearly hoping it makes its way to at minimum Macs by Lion's release (which is what I think has been holding it up: waiting to push it through the "official" Lion opening of the store), but hopefully also to PC's shortly thereafter.
GIGO. The truth in all of life.
post #106 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiles77 View Post

That's the biggest fail for me so far: that I can only view my iBooks on my iOS devices. A desktop app should have come out within a few months of the iOS release, if not sooner. I'm dearly hoping it makes its way to at minimum Macs by Lion's release (which is what I think has been holding it up: waiting to push it through the "official" Lion opening of the store), but hopefully also to PC's shortly thereafter.

Agreed. I recently started using my iPod Touch for some technical PDFs. I pulled them down in the Touch's web browser, moved them to the bookshelf. Then I wanted to read them on my Mac. Opened iTunes and .... where's my books? Did a bit of Googling and there's some third-party software to get at the documents in the iTunes library. What?! iTunes can't get at all the things it stores in its own library?!? Fail.

- Jasen.
post #107 of 131
Quote:

I watched the youtube clip you gave (thanks by the way!), but I didn't hear anything about data being stolen, via Trojan horse (which is what you talked about earlier). What I did hear was that users were surprised and concerned about some data being accessed by apps without their knowledge or consent. Apple did say that when they found out that developers were using personal data in a way that violated Apple's app developer rules, then they notified developers that they had 24 hours to remedy the situation. Now, whether Apple should go further and notify users that app X had been data mining without users' knowledge or consent, or worse, passing that info on to other partiesI think that is the gist of where your concerns lie, and to that extent I agree with you. But, to split hairs, nothing in the clip that I watched had anything to with user data being "stolen".
post #108 of 131
Quote:

If not in iTunes then at least in Preview. You've been able to store PDFs in iTunes for years. If you double click them on a Mac they will open up in Preview without any additional effort.

Overall I'd like it to be more than a reader because I would like to buy books on my Mac, not just via iBookstore on my iDevice. I find the necessity to be a major inconvenience in the way I want to purchase a book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasenj1 View Post

Agreed. I recently started using my iPod Touch for some technical PDFs.

I've done PDF to EPUB conversions and besides being far from good it's also too much rigamarole. I know iBooks will open PDFs but it "feels" much better as EPUB.
post #109 of 131
Quote:

Welcome to ignore.

I am flattered.
post #110 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Snitch View Post

Gruber has a lot of insight re Apple and the nature of the products they make. It's when he steps outside his area of expertise that he embarrasses himself.

Because Apple is so popular, Gruber's site has seen an enormous surge of interest, and he's convinced himself that people have actually come his way to read about Everything Gruber.

And, well, they haven't and don't. I wouldn't mind knowing more about Steve Jobs, because he's done some great things in his life and has a gift for truly original and far-sighted thinking. But for all the talk about Steve's 'ego' it's not a fraction the size of Gruber's, who acts as if we're hanging on for his every half-baked idea on whatever catches his attention at any given moment. Nor does Jobs crave the attention, or have the sad, cloying need for popular affirmation that Gruber does. Gruber admires Jobs, and Jobs definitely has admirable qualities. Ironically, Gruber is completely incapable of emulating or (apparently) even understanding Jobs' generally admirable public conduct.

If he'd stick to Apple and tech subjects, as his idol does, Gruber would be terrific. But he just can't.

And yes, it does come up a lot. A LOT. Even the people he links to, when they'll speak candidly and off-the-record, express these misgivings. Unfortunately, Gruber just cannot take the hint, and most likely he never will.

Goodness me, what kind of chip on the shoulder spawns that load of bile?
"We're Apple. We don't wear suits. We don't even own suits."
"We're Apple. We don't wear suits. We don't even own suits."
post #111 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

I am flattered.

I am jealous.
post #112 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by sennen View Post

1) There's no way to respond to Gruber's puerile self-indulgences on his site. So it's going to have to find an outlet elsewhere.

2) As has been pointed out by others here: It ain't just me who feels this way. I'm voicing the concerns of a boatload of readers in this regard. (Interesting that you've chosen to ignore that fact, so you can pretend it's just one guy with a 'chip on his shoulder'.)

3) Hmm.... 'chip on the shoulder'... 'bile'... 'load'... 'spawns'... 'Goodness me', I guess I could just as easily label you an a$$kissing sycophant, no? (And again, it's instructive that you choose not to actually engage the argument I presented on its merits, but took the coward's way out by labeling it, instead.)

4) Gruber used to run a regular 'asshole of the week' piece, until I suppose it was pointed out to him that he'd fit the bill himself as often as not. In any event - if you dish it out, you better learn to take it. Neither Gruber nor his sycophants have any right to complain about pointed criticism sent his way.
post #113 of 131
Quote:

From what I heard it's the difference between his 'professional' image and his everyday one. His website doesn't reflect the real life experience apparently.

I haven't met him, but from what I have heard, in person he comes across as having an ego the size of France and can be a bit rude. Personally, I think anyone his age, who still finds the word "dick" as hilarious as he does, has some serious maturity issues.

Probably the "clown" comments come from the ego thing and the fact that he has no discernible job besides posting a couple of lines on his weblog every day. The dislike would be a combination of disdain for someone getting ahead on his 'connections' instead of on his talent, but with a soupcon of pure envy added in.
post #114 of 131
Quote:

If not in iTunes then at least in Preview. You've been able to store PDFs in iTunes for years. If you double click them on a Mac they will open up in Preview without any additional effort.

Overall I'd like it to be more than a reader because I would like to buy books on my Mac, not just via iBookstore on my iDevice. I find the necessity to be a major inconvenience in the way I want to purchase a book.

I'd much rather see a dedicated app for it. That would allow for much quicker updates, a lighter application overall, and a much more beautiful interface. I agree that iBookstore integration is essential, but I think that could easily be accomplished within the app.
post #115 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

I haven't met him, but from what I have heard, in person he comes across as having an ego the size of France and can be a bit rude.

1) Our industry isn't known for its social skills.

2) Are you suggesting "size of France" and "rude" .are connected?

3) I enjoy DF. I like that it's mostly links to others article with a pithy observation. I care not about his personal life and would still read the site if he stole my girlfriend.
post #116 of 131
Quote:

I'd much rather see a dedicated app for it. That would allow for much quicker updates, a lighter application overall, and a much more beautiful interface. I agree that iBookstore integration is essential, but I think that could easily be accomplished within the app.

1) don't see it happening as Apple moves away from Finder access but I'd love to be able to reorder my Home folder in a more useful way. For instance, I'd like to have almost all of those folders stuck under ~/Music/iTunes/iTunes Media in the root of my home folder. I know I can create folders, make aliases, etc., but my issue with so much media under the Music folder. I don't think it's intuitive. I also don't think I've ever accessed the iTunes Artwork folder in there. That plus the iTunes Library, iTunes Music Library.xml, iTunes Library Extras.itdb and iTunes Library Genius.itdb should be under Library or just hidden with a starting (.) period, IMO.

2) A more niggling request is allowing me to use iTunes to organize my movies and TV Show but then use QuickTime X to play them. Even DRMed content will play just fine if you access them from QuickTime but I can find no workaround to allow me to click content from within iTunes and have it call another app they it does with PDFs.

3) Even more niggling is to either let me have Movies and TV Shows as separate folders or call it Videos within the Finder.
post #117 of 131
Quote:

1) There's no way to respond to Gruber's puerile self-indulgences on his site. So it's going to have to find an outlet elsewhere.

2) As has been pointed out by others here: It ain't just me who feels this way. I'm voicing the concerns of a boatload of readers in this regard. (Interesting that you've chosen to ignore that fact, so you can pretend it's just one guy with a 'chip on his shoulder'.)

3) Hmm.... 'chip on the shoulder'... 'bile'... 'load'... 'spawns'... 'Goodness me', I guess I could just as easily label you an a$$kissing sycophant, no? (And again, it's instructive that you choose not to actually engage the argument I presented on its merits, but took the coward's way out by labeling it, instead.)

4) Gruber used to run a regular 'asshole of the week' piece, until I suppose it was pointed out to him that he'd fit the bill himself as often as not. In any event - if you dish it out, you better learn to take it. Neither Gruber nor his sycophants have any right to complain about pointed criticism sent his way.

"Jackass of the week." not what you say here, and your oversight is telling.

He's was usually calling someone out for being wrong, not necessarily for being an offensive person.

Gruber does a service worth subscribing to, collecting mostly good stuff and some hilariously bad stuff from everywhere, most of it about Apple, some about our absurd politics, all of it about what interests him and what he thinks his readers are interested in.

If you don't get it or him, that's too bad. I say keep it to yourself, as it may say more about you than him.
post #118 of 131
Quote:

3) I enjoy DF. I like that it's mostly links to others article with a pithy observation. I care not about his personal life and would still read the site if he stole my girlfriend.

If you'll indulge a pithy observation - it sounds like you don't care about your personal life, either. (heh)

<<now forwarding post to solipsism's GF>>
post #119 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaneur View Post

"Jackass of the week." not what you say here, and your oversight is telling.

Yeah, I forgot exactly what he called a dumb column he stopped writing. That's REALLY telling. Yup, you really got me there, time to re-examine my life. 'Telling' of what, you won't and can't say, but that's all right. Just slinging the allegation is surely enough, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaneur View Post

If you don't get it or him, that's too bad. I say keep it to yourself, as it may say more about you than him.

If you're threatened by my speaking my mind, that's too bad. I'm sure you'd be much more comfortable in an echo chamber where you could hear only what you wanted to hear. That says more about you than me, though.
post #120 of 131
Quote:

Gruber's a flaming clown, but he's often quite right on Apple/Mac issues. I think he's correct here: Apple's 'cloud' is designed mainly to replace the role your computer & iTunes play in regard to your iOS device.

It's something Microsoft would never do - essentially, they're giving you one less reason to own (or go anywhere near) a computer. Since Apple makes computers, this seems to make no sense (and it would never make sense to Ballmer), but it actually makes perfect sense. It explains completely why Apple spent so heavily on a data center. Essentially, they're giving people who hate computers (especially around the home) a way to get rid of them completely. That means Apple might sell fewer computers, but only to people who didn't much care for them much anyway. In exchange, they will sell a TON more iPads, iPhones, and iPod Touches. A ton.

This theory also rather neatly explains why, after having built their data center, they moved to add capacity before they even announced what it was for. It was because the iPad sold so much better than anyone expected that Apple realized the brand-new data center they'd just built would be insufficient to do the job.

The data center 'cloud' will probably do other things too. It's pretty well established that it will distribute music and probably movies, and probably email too. But the Big Idea is: What iTunes on your computer used to do, will now be handled more or less automatically, wirelessly, and remotely by Apple. The average iPad buyer will love it, and it will place Apple miles ahead of everyone trying to keep up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

You nailed him. On both counts.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

This is the same guy who began all of that ridiculous retina display nonsense for the iPad. By tomorrow, we'll all know the real deal straight from Steve Job's mouth.

If iCloud turns out to be some great thing where anybody can access their entire music/video libraries and more from all of their devices, then suddenly my 16 GB iPad2 doesn't feel so cramped for space anymore.

Could this actually hurt Apple hardware sales or at least affect them slightly? If people can store everything in the cloud and have quick access to their files and massive libraries, then fewer people would opt to buy the most expensive devices with more memory in them. Why store thousands of songs or a ton of videos on a device that costs more, when you can just get the cheaper device and have all of your media on the cloud with easy and fast access to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Fine Line View Post

Yeah, I'm with you on this one. I wasn't understanding where the Gruber vitriol was coming from. Can anyone comment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stelligent View Post

Agreed. But he makes a good living being the supreme Apple fanboy. He's accurate because he makes sporadic predictions, and only when he gets a real tip from true insiders. Goes way too far in flaming those who say even one bad word against Apple. Even called Page, Schmidt, Rubin and Brin f***ing ass****s because Android is not truly open. His act is tiring, frankly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stelligent View Post

3/4 of Daringfireball posts are links to other people's articles, with two sentences added, if at all. Gruber is coasting.

Quote:

I hear you on that. But then, are we just envious because the man is making an easy living?

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sennen View Post

Quote:

Yeah, I forgot exactly what he called a dumb column he stopped writing. That's REALLY telling. Yup, you really got me there, time to re-examine my life. 'Telling' of what, you won't and can't say, but that's all right. Just slinging the allegation is surely enough, eh?

If you're threatened by my speaking my mind, that's too bad. I'm sure you'd be much more comfortable in an echo chamber where you could hear only what you wanted to hear. That says more about you than me, though.

Just that if you thought Gruber used the word you thought he used to describe his jackasses, it reveals that you don't get what he's about. I imagine he is careful with that peculiarly American term of yours, or at least wouldn't use it in "print."

I've collected the relevant posts on the discussion you started when you gratuitously threw in that Gruber is a "flaming clown." I'd like to postpone making a reply, gotta get some stuff done. Check back later, if you care.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Rumor: Think of Apple's iCloud as 'the new iTunes'