or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Software › Problem authorizing new MacBook

Problem authorizing new MacBook

post #1 of 5
My new 13" MacBook won't let me authorize my itunes account. All other devices are OK, I am entering the correct ID and password, but it tells me that either permissions or a file are missing. I have repaired permissions, but no progress.
Does anyone have any idea of what I need to do, please?
post #2 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgesmith View Post

My new 13" MacBook won't let me authorize my itunes account. All other devices are OK, I am entering the correct ID and password, but it tells me that either permissions or a file are missing. I have repaired permissions, but no progress.
Does anyone have any idea of what I need to do, please?

I would go to your Apple retailer and let them handle this problem.
post #3 of 5
Apple talked me through some arcane stuff in the terminal - it seems it was a corrupted or missing file in permissions. They wouldn't tell me exactly what they had done because it would have allowed me to authorise unlimited devices...
Took a long call and upgrading to 2nd line support, though.
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgesmith View Post

Apple talked me through some arcane stuff in the terminal - it seems it was a corrupted or missing file in permissions. They wouldn't tell me exactly what they had done because it would have allowed me to authorise unlimited devices...
Took a long call and upgrading to 2nd line support, though.

At least it is working okay.
post #5 of 5
Only in parts; there are some individual tunes that I can't play. I'm waiting for the next iTunes update!
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Apple Software
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Software › Problem authorizing new MacBook