or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Setting up iCloud @me account in Mail

Setting up iCloud @me account in Mail

post #1 of 8
Anyone know how to set this up? I created my free @me.com email address on my iPhone, it works fine. I can send from Mail but receive is not working at all. Anyone know how we are supposed to set this up? iCloud is leaving me with a lot of questions so far.
post #2 of 8
In Mail, click Preferences... Click on Accounts, click on the + sign at the bottom. Enter your details, Mail will recognise the @me account and set up all the rest.

If you are still having problems with Mail after this, you'll probably have to go through Apple Support pages eg. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2296

Sometimes you may have to check the ports aren't blocked/slow due to your router or ISP. You can get information on the ports Mobile Me uses from something like: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT1625

FWIW.

I take it you're using iOS 5 beta?
post #3 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam'ron View Post

Anyone know how to set this up? I created my free @me.com email address on my iPhone, it works fine. I can send from Mail but receive is not working at all. Anyone know how we are supposed to set this up? iCloud is leaving me with a lot of questions so far.

I thought iCloud was not operational yet. I'm wondering though what will happen to iDisk when the changeover takes effect. And will iCloud work with OS Leopard
post #4 of 8
Yeah the typical mail setup doesn't work because it points to the current MobileMe server. I guess they are in the process of porting over to iCloud and should just be patient. I'll keep Gmailing for now. Glad to hear they may actually have a web interface after all. Wasn't too keen on them removing that feature.

I am running the iOS 5 beta. Pretty darn solid for a beta. Still trying to figure out the wireless syncing though. Is it supposed to do it locally or just a cloud sync?
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajb723 View Post

And will iCloud work with OS Leopard

No...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple's Website

Some features of iCloud require iOS 5 on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod touch (3rd and 4th generation), iPad, or iPad 2, or a Mac computer with OS X Lion

Your mail address might. Nothing else will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam'ron View Post

Is it supposed to do it locally or just a cloud sync?

Locally every time you plug it in.

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.

post #6 of 8
How to create a @me account?
post #7 of 8

post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4436

thank you very much ^^

Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac Software
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Setting up iCloud @me account in Mail