or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › S@r@h P@lin's 24,000 Embarrassing Announcements.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

S@r@h P@lin's 24,000 Embarrassing Announcements.

post #1 of 67
Thread Starter 
Thousands of e-mails containing stuttering BS being sifted through right now.

The Guardian, amongst others, is getting their hands dirty, so far unearthing 700 pages now online. Here's their live page for the TeaBagger Queen- http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/blog...-live-coverage
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #2 of 67
So when do we get to see Obama's emails?

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #3 of 67
And the left's Palin fetish continues unabated.

I suppose if Barack Obama was my president, I'd want to talk about other things too.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #4 of 67
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

And the left's Palin fetish continues unabated.

I suppose if Barack Obama was my president, I'd want to talk about other things too.

I'm all for open and transparent
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #5 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

I'm all for open and transparent

Me too. But it's more important from government officials that affect my life. So I'm hoping the Obama administration will become more open and transparent. I won't hold my breath though.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #6 of 67
Thread Starter 
"On Aug. 19, 2008, in the midst of Troopergate, Palin sent a distressed email to staffers, apparently under the belief that her computer at the governor's mansion had been searched by authorities, writing: "who, when, etc conducted this search of my bedroom's computer and the other house computer? And what were the reasons given and responses given to whomever must have officially entered the residence on whatever day it was that this occurred?" Palin's scheduler, Janice Mason, checked into the search and discovered that the governor's office itself had copied all staff computer hard drives at the request of the state Department of Law.
The news didnt please the governor. "it's not comforting at all knowing this took place with no one present. Who are 'they'? Who went to the bedroom, where else did they go?"
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #7 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

"On Aug. 19, 2008, in the midst of Troopergate, Palin sent a distressed email to staffers, apparently under the belief that her computer at the governor's mansion had been searched by authorities, writing: "who, when, etc conducted this search of my bedroom's computer and the other house computer? And what were the reasons given and responses given to whomever must have officially entered the residence on whatever day it was that this occurred?" Palin's scheduler, Janice Mason, checked into the search and discovered that the governor's office itself had copied all staff computer hard drives at the request of the state Department of Law.
The news didn’t please the governor. "it's not comforting at all knowing this took place with no one present…. Who are 'they'? Who went to the bedroom, where else did they go?"

Yes. It's humorous.

Now...how would you react if someone came into your home and/or office without you knowing...searched it...copied your computer hard drives...copied or took files or anything else?

P.S. I love the editorializing that's already happening: "Palin sent a distressed email". Really? How do they know it was "distressed?" Does the email say "I'm distressed! I think someone searched my stuff." Or is this merely an inference?

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #8 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Thousands of e-mails containing stuttering BS being sifted through right now.

The Guardian, amongst others, is getting their hands dirty, so far unearthing 700 pages now online. Here's their live page for the TeaBagger Queen- http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/blog...-live-coverage

Wait, doesn't this shoot their claim that Palin can't use a computer, doesn't understand technology, can't read and lacks opposable thumbs completely to hell?

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #9 of 67
I want to see the ones they did not release. And the Gmail account she switched to after learning the official mail could be requested. Wonder if she asked the state to pay for the phone?

Took them two years to do this? Either they are slow, or they are pros at working the system... let's see... how many times did they try to prevent or delay the release?

Heheheh.

Have a nice weekend!

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply
post #10 of 67
Well, I am sure if there is ANYTHING at all in these emails it will be found within a week. From what I saw of the "coverage", there was nothing of note so far. A thread devoted to a nearly non-story. Exciting...
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #11 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

A thread devoted to a nearly non-story. Exciting...

It's much worse than that. There are at least dozens of so-called journalists from various news organizations that are dedicating a large amount of time to this.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #12 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

It's much worse than that. There are at least dozens of so-called journalists from various news organizations that are dedicating a large amount of time to this.

If only they had been as thorough in investigating Obama and his background.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #13 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

So when do we get to see Obama's emails?

Never it is no ones business. Palin is an imbecile anyway.These emails show her stupidity anyway.
post #14 of 67
The story here is that the liberal media showed their hand when they invited their readers to dig in and find a smoking gun in the emails of a former governor that's now a private citizen and has done nothing wrong.

You'd think these were wikileaks emails.

Meanwhile a member of congress flatout lied to the press and may have contacted a minor over the internet. Turkey has closed the boarder trapping people for Bashar's death squads; Who the state department describes as a reformer. Obama is manipulating the science at the NRC to put politics over public policy. ...

But let's go after Palin!
post #15 of 67
I'm wondering what happens if they discover a normal and average person/politician/governor that doesn't live up to the evil, moronic caricature they've created in their minds.

What then?!

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #16 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

I'm wondering what happens if they discover a normal and average person/politician/governor that doesn't live up to the evil, moronic caricature they've created in their minds.

What then?!


Dig deeper. Demand "transparency".
post #17 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

Dig deeper. Demand "transparency".

Or...Make all sorts of implications (unsupported by any facts of course) about what is in the stuff that wasn't release.

Or...Make implications about use of alternate communications channels that have not been exposed.

Or...nitpick over stupid things like emoticon usage or casual language usage.

Or...make a big deal out something she did while ignoring the fact that everyone else does it to.

Oh...wait a second.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #18 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

I'm wondering what happens if they discover a normal and average person/politician/governor that doesn't live up to the evil, moronic caricature they've created in their minds.

What then?!


Pretty sure that's already happening. There are literally millions of people around the world going through these 24,000 pages. Nothing has been found yet that would even cause her embarrassment.

I agree: The Left really does have a "fetish" for Palin. I cannot believe that major newspapers are actually recruiting an army of online volunteers. This time, they are not even trying to hide their bias. This is a new low even for mainstream media.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #19 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Pretty sure that's already happening. There are literally millions of people around the world going through these 24,000 pages. Nothing has been found yet that would even cause her embarrassment.

I agree: The Left really does have a "fetish" for Palin. I cannot believe that major newspapers are actually recruiting an army of online volunteers. This time, they are not even trying to hide their bias. This is a new low even for mainstream media.

SDW she's already provided enough material that it doesn't matter what this book says. The reason people are so caught up with her is that it's difficult ( and scary ) to realize that someone with her kind of understanding of the world would get so close to the presidency.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #20 of 67
Thread Starter 
So much for her risky and outspoken public image, it was all a fake, to make her appear like an exciting person, a leader, mavericky etc. Well that's now been fully exposed for what it was.

As these emails have proved, she's a mouse when the spotlight isn't on her. It's really an outrage she's conned everyone into thinking otherwise. She should act behind closed doors the same way she does in front of the cameras. You can't be one thing one minute and another the next. She brought this on herself. I'm sure her die hards will stand by her still but many of the rest may well question why this woman has made herself the center of attention so often when behind the scenes just your typical sodding Sarah. (not even an "n" word in 24,000 emails for Christs sake).

THREAD CLOSED!
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #21 of 67
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

I'm wondering what happens if they discover a normal and average person/politician/governor that doesn't live up to the evil, moronic caricature they've created in their minds.

What then?!


She cultivated that me, me, me image and now we see how little of the me there really was. If it was even possible to take her less seriously than before, this clinches it.
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #22 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

She should act behind closed doors the same way she does in front of the cameras. You can't be one thing one minute and another the next.

THREAD CLOSED!

Really?? Do YOU behave the same on the street and at work as you do here in these forums, or behind closed doors? Doubtful.

But then again belittling others does appeal to a significant portion of the juvenile population. Suppose it makes them feel better about their own shortcomings. And that's just what most denegrating comments about Ms.Palin amount to: Namecalling and mockery, little different from high schooler's not sure what to think about those that challenge their age group's popular opinions.
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
post #23 of 67
Turns out there is one Palin email the media are hiding and refusing to report on. It contains some very damaging information.



The media unwilling to report the facts again.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #24 of 67
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Really?? Do YOU behave the same on the street and at work as you do here in these forums, or behind closed doors? Doubtful.

But then again belittling others does appeal to a significant portion of the juvenile population. Suppose it makes them feel better about their own shortcomings. And that's just what most denegrating comments about Ms.Palin amount to: Namecalling and mockery, little different from high schooler's not sure what to think about those that challenge their age group's popular opinions.

You've completely missed the point. Palin IS working when she's in front of the camera, she's working for the Tea Party. Don't be fooled by her casual media manipulation.

When she rides on the back of that Harley with some of the meanest looking white Americans you're ever likely to see near a politician, she IS working. When she pulls in a 10 pound salmon on the shores of wild Lake Alaska, she IS working. When she Tweets in the wee bright hours from her bedroom "Us Real Americans", she IS working.

Admit it, she's played you all like a fiddle. In fact kudos to Sarah for doing it so well.
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #25 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

You've completely missed the point. Palin IS working when she's in front of the camera, she's working for the Tea Party. Don't be fooled by her casual media manipulation.

When she rides on the back of that Harley with some of the meanest looking white Americans you're ever likely to see near a politician, she IS working. When she pulls in a 10 pound salmon on the shores of wild Lake Alaska, she IS working. When she Tweets in the wee bright hours from her bedroom "Us Real Americans", she IS working.

Admit it, she's played you all like a fiddle. In fact kudos to Sarah for doing it so well.

Are you claiming that she has a public persona versus a private persona and this some how strange, unique and somehow wrong?

Can you name a politician that doesn't have a public persona?

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #26 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

So much for her risky and outspoken public image, it was all a fake, to make her appear like an exciting person, a leader, mavericky etc. Well that's now been fully exposed for what it was.

I have to admit, I didn't this lame of a criticism coming.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

As these emails have proved, she's a mouse when the spotlight isn't on her. It's really an outrage she's conned everyone into thinking otherwise. She should act behind closed doors the same way she does in front of the cameras. You can't be one thing one minute and another the next. She brought this on herself. I'm sure her die hards will stand by her still but many of the rest may well question why this woman has made herself the center of attention so often when behind the scenes just your typical sodding Sarah.

Anyway, after having read all 24,000 emails, is this your complete and final appraisal?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

(not even an "n" word in 24,000 emails for Christs sake).

You're actually disappointed that she didn't use a racial slur?!?!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

THREAD CLOSED!

This thread was stillborn. \

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #27 of 67
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Are you claiming that she has a public persona versus a private persona and this some how strange, unique and somehow wrong?

Can you name a politician that doesn't have a public persona?

She's fooled you too obviously.

I always wondered why McCain picked her. He's a moderate (or was, now he's publicly playing the TeaBagger too!), how was he ever going to deal with a screaming TeaBagger?

Well, he wasn't. He, unlike the general public knew she was one thing publicly and something much more moderate and indeed liberal, behind closed doors. Imagine if Palin ran for president now and stated "climate change is the top issue for our country". Can you imagine the reaction of the Tea Party?... Yeah that's right..."anti-American bitch!" loud and clear from every TeaBagger.
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #28 of 67
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

I have to admit, I didn't this lame of a criticism coming.

Well I guess you fell for it too!
Read the emails, she's not the person she want's you to believe she is. For instance she supported gay parents getting welfare when the state wanted to ban them. The TeaBagger outrage is sure to surface soon.
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #29 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

She's fooled you too obviously.

I always wondered why McCain picked her. He's a moderate (or was, now he's publicly playing the TeaBagger too!), how was he ever going to deal with a screaming TeaBagger?

Well, he wasn't. He, unlike the general public knew she was one thing publicly and something much more moderate and indeed liberal, behind closed doors. Imagine if Palin ran for president now and stated "climate change is the top issue for our country". Can you imagine the reaction of the Tea Party?... Yeah that's right..."anti-American bitch!" loud and clear from every TeaBagger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Well I guess you fell for it too!
Read the emails, she's not the person she want's you to believe she is. For instance she supported gay parents getting welfare when the state wanted to ban them. The TeaBagger outrage is sure to surface soon.

Can you name a politician that doesn't have a public persona?

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #30 of 67
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Can you name a politician that doesn't have a public persona?

We're talking very un-Tea Party stuff that these e-mails are revealing. No wonder she fought so hard to keep them private. Remember she's put herself out there as the Tea Party head up until now.
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #31 of 67
So I guess the answer to the question is, no and that every politician has a public persona.

As part of that public persona, they have issues that they wish they could get society to adopt wholesale but understand that they work within frameworks and represent the interests of more than themselves.

From what I've read about the emails so far, Palin is almost the perfect outsider. It is clear she was willing to battle the Alaska Republican Party and the big oil interests within her state to make sure things were fair. Compared to Republicans who think cuts in the rate of growth are real cuts and Democrats who keep endorsing billions for crony capitalism, she still sounds like a breath of fresh air.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #32 of 67
Yeah, Hands..we've all been duped. That's it! Meanwhile, I think I'll enjoy this moment...the moment I realized your criticism of Palin's e-mails was that you really didn't find anything in Palin's e-mails.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #33 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Well I guess you fell for it too!
Read the emails, she's not the person she want's you to believe she is. For instance she supported gay parents getting welfare when the state wanted to ban them. The TeaBagger outrage is sure to surface soon.

So, I ask again, is this your total complete appraisal after having read all 24,000 emails?

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #34 of 67
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Turns out there is one Palin email the media are hiding and refusing to report on. It contains some very damaging information.



The media unwilling to report the facts again.


Here's some facts that need reporting-

"Despite the overwhelming evidence of the dangers of such chemicals, the chamber (US Chamber of Commerce) letter declares that that EPA “lacks the sound regulatory science needed to meet the statutory threshold for a restriction or ban of the targeted chemicals.”

A wide body of scientific research has linked these chemicals, including phthalates and Bisphenol A (BPA), to declining birth rates, stillbirths, and an increasing number of birth defects. Many of the chemicals under review for increased regulation have already been banned in Europe and Canada.

In fact, studies have shown that these plastic chemicals are directly linked to an alarming rate of male genital birth defects such as hypospadias, a condition in which the opening of the urethra is on the underside, rather than at the end, of the penis. A report by the Center for American Progress’ Reese Rushing details many other risks associated with the chemicals slated for regulation."
~ http://thinkprogress.org/romm/2011/0...birth-defects/
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #35 of 67
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

So, I ask again, is this your total complete appraisal after having read all 24,000 emails?

So you can't comment on the emails unless you've read all 24,199, or is this just another excuse for you not addressing her stances that run counter to what she says publicly? Indeed Democrat should be giving her a second look. Perhaps Obama will make her his climate change chief given she thought it was THE TOP ISSUE FOR HER STATE!!!
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #36 of 67
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Yeah, Hands..we've all been duped. That's it! Meanwhile, I think I'll enjoy this moment...the moment I realized your criticism of Palin's e-mails was that you really didn't find anything in Palin's e-mails.


How many TeaBaggers think climate change is the top issue for the US?

1?
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #37 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Perhaps Obama will make her his climate change chief given she thought it was THE TOP ISSUE FOR HER STATE!!!

Simply scandalous!

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #38 of 67
I didn't claim you could not comment unless you've read all of them. I merely asked how many you've read. But you seem to be drawing some very conclusions that sound like you've read a great many already. So I'm just wondering how many you've read. How many? 5,000? 10,000? 42? 16? 3?

P.S. I don't really care what her stances are in her emails or what she says they are publicly. I doubt she's much different than most high level politicians (including Obama). Says one thing publicly, does another privately. I've come to expect that. It's really no surprise to me at all. This kind of thing only seems to be a surprise to idealistic Utopian liberals. They, of course, expect it from one particular faction, but always seem surprised (or don't care) when it happens in their favored faction.

No, what I'm fascinated with is the Sarah Palin fetish. The obsession...from the left.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #39 of 67
Appalling.
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
post #40 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

How many TeaBaggers think climate change is the top issue for the US?

1?

They don't think it's the top issue because it's not the damn top issue. It's not close to the top issue. What is the issue?

It's the economy, stupid.


<laughing smilie omitted due to the millions of people out of work and losing their homes>
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › S@r@h P@lin's 24,000 Embarrassing Announcements.