or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › S@r@h P@lin's 24,000 Embarrassing Announcements.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

S@r@h P@lin's 24,000 Embarrassing Announcements. - Page 2

post #41 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Simply scandalous!

Really. This is all they have left...reading non-office holder and non-candidate Sarah Palin's diary.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #42 of 67
What? No smoking gun yet? Give it another week, this thread has to be based on something.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #43 of 67
I'm sure there is a "dog whistle" email in there somewhere. You know like when she uses the word "the" that's code for "I hate niggers like all republikkkans do".
post #44 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

I'm sure there is a "dog whistle" email in there somewhere. You know like when she uses the word "the" that's code for "I hate niggers like all republikkkans do".

If you look at anyone's emails enough you will find something in them that could be construed as bad or negative. The President, the Pope, your grandmother, Mother Theresa... It does not matter. People are not perfect and they get angry or say things in the heat of the moment. I fully expect them to find something, but it will only be because they really fished for it. If they find nothing I will be surprised. Very surprised.

But it will prove that some will go to any lengths to destroy those they disagree with.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #45 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

But it will prove that some will go to any lengths to destroy those they disagree with.

You say that as if it's not the Republicans' main strategy.
post #46 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

You say that as if it's not the Republicans' main strategy.

Could you show some current examples?
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #47 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

You say that as if it's not the Republicans' main strategy.

You say that is if two wrongs make a right.

I'll also note that he did not mention a specific party. He just said "some will go to any lengths to destroy those they disagree with." In this case the some might be Leftists. But this is probably a fairly true statement that applies to people of all political parties, factions and ideologies. I'd also argue that it's a behavior that, though not exclusively, predominantly can be found in the political realm.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #48 of 67
Thread Starter 
Isn't it telling that quoting Palin's stuttery and garbled jibberish is perceived, thanks mostly to Palin herself, as trying to "destroy her"?
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #49 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Isn't it telling that quoting Palin's stuttery and garbled jibberish is perceived, thanks mostly to Palin herself, as trying to "destroy her"?

Isn't it funny that is not at all what we're talking about? Palin is being followed by reporters everywhere. Newspapers have recruited an army of volunteers to go through e-mails. The Lefties are flipping their lids at her bus tour, and doing so long before the Revere comments. The same was true in 2008.

Hands, the Left hates this woman. Look at your own behavior. You started a thread called "S@r@h P@lins 24,000 Embarrassing Announcements." She's not announcing anything. She's not running for anything, and holds no office. So tell me...why would you, the media, Lefties in general...why even care?

Answer: because you hate her. She represents everything liberals despise. She's a successful, conservative woman. She's married. She's a Christian. She believes in the vision of America our founders laid out. And she's attractive. Worst of all, she represents a threat to the Democratic Party's stranglehold on women voters. Were she not a threat, they would have ignore her. But they are smart enough to read the polls: She was enormously popular in Alaska as governor. Contrary to a popular misconception, she enhanced McCain's popularity when announced as running mate.

And don't tell me this is about policy. It's not about policy at all. I've heard virtually NO criticism of Sarah Palin's policy positions. It's all about personal destruction. This is what the Left is all about. When do we ever hear policy criticisms from the Left? Virtually never. Instead, we hear "Bush is a warmonger who wrecked the economy" and "Dick Cheney is Darth Vader" and "John Boehner cries too much."

That's what the Left has become, you included.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #50 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

You say that as if it's not the Republicans' main strategy.

You say that as if I used the words Republican and Democrat somewhere in that post. \
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #51 of 67
Seriously though Hands...how many? 150? 22? 1,500? 6,000?

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #52 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Isn't it telling that quoting Palin's stuttery and garbled jibberish is perceived, thanks mostly to Palin herself, as trying to "destroy her"?

Isn't it telling that you have begun using portions of Sarah Palin's emails in your signature, out of context, to somehow make a point? I am not sure what point you are making, because it does not seem to be what you think it is?

Find that smoking gun yet Hands?
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #53 of 67
Thread Starter 
Where was the indignation at Trump putting his grubby cash on a wild goose chase to make out Obama wasn't/isn't a US citizen or any other mud he could cook up.

Seriously you guys all need to take a long and hard look at yourselves.
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #54 of 67
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Seriously though Hands...how many? 150? 22? 1,500? 6,000?

I've read a handfull and that was more than enough for me thanks.

Carry on with whatever your point is, I'm really not bothered though. You guys are so blind all you see is what you want to see. This forum has no bite, just bias. In a forum where GW and evolution are so quickly dismissed as globalist frauds posting here is becoming an embarrassment for me personally.

Sure I'll stick around for a bit longer, but discourse is almost completely futile, hence there's not much point providing links and getting to the heart of things where at least an informed discussion can bare some fruit.
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #55 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

I've read a handfull and that was more than enough for me thanks.

Thanks for finally answering. It's helpful to know that you've drawn a conclusion about these 24,000 email by reading "a handful"...which we could reasonably take to mean not much more than, say, 20.

So, based on a reading about about...ummm...let's see here...less than 1/10th of 1 percent...you've drawn your conclusions.

Got it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

You guys are so blind all you see is what you want to see.

What I see very clearly is a person who created a thread entitled "S@r@h P@lin's 24,000 Embarrassing Announcements." without having read even 1% of those emails and asserting conclusions that sound quite comprehensive and broad based on reading less than 1/10th of 1 percentage of those emails.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

This forum has no bite, just bias.

Which you have clearly demonstrated in your creation of this thread and subsequent posts in it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

In a forum where GW and evolution are so quickly dismissed as globalist frauds posting here is becoming an embarrassment for me personally.

Yes, I think you should be personally embarrassed by this thread.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Sure I'll stick around for a bit longer, but discourse is almost completely futile,

And your "contributions" have perpetuated this futility.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

hence there's not much point providing links and getting to the heart of things where at least an informed discussion can bare some fruit.

And, to prove your point, you created a thread designed from the beginning to avoid either of these things. And, to prove your point, your posts have been designed to avoid either of these things.

Good job old boy!

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #56 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

I've read a handfull and that was more than enough for me thanks.

Carry on with whatever your point is, I'm really not bothered though. You guys are so blind all you see is what you want to see.

Are you suggesting that if there was something scandalous in these e-mails, we'd dismiss it? I submit that because no one has found anything, everyone who has failed to find something is also blind.

Quote:


This forum has no bite, just bias. In a forum where GW and evolution are so quickly dismissed as globalist frauds posting here is becoming an embarrassment for me personally.

1. You, of all people are talking about bias? You started a thread called "Romney's Embarrassing Announcement" and then "S@r@h P@lin's 24,000 Embarrassing Announcements," and YOU'RE talking about bias?

2. Oh, and since when did ONE poster "denying" evolution constitute the totality of opinion here?

3. Last...you do realize that supporters of evolutionary theory are not required to also believe in Global Warming, correct?

Quote:

Sure I'll stick around for a bit longer, but discourse is almost completely futile, hence there's not much point providing links and getting to the heart of things where at least an informed discussion can bare some fruit.

Discourse? You don't engage in discourse. You engage in inflammatory, partisan rhetoric. You didn't start a thread called "What's Palin Doing?" or "The Palin E-mails" or "Discuss Palin's Qualifications for President." You don't want discourse. To you, discourse is you posting your insane rhetoric, whilst every other Lefty Loony-Toon agrees with you.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #57 of 67
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Thanks for finally answering. It's helpful to know that you've drawn a conclusion about these 24,000 email by reading "a handful"...which we could reasonably take to mean not much more than, say, 20.

So, based on a reading about about...ummm...let's see here...less than 1/10th of 1 percent...you've drawn your conclusions.

Got it.




What I see very clearly is a person who created a thread entitled "S@r@h P@lin's 24,000 Embarrassing Announcements." without having read even 1% of those emails and asserting conclusions that sound quite comprehensive and broad based on reading less than 1/10th of 1 percentage of those emails.




Which you have clearly demonstrated in your creation of this thread and subsequent posts in it.




Yes, I think you should be personally embarrassed by this thread.




And your "contributions" have perpetuated this futility.




And, to prove your point, you created a thread designed from the beginning to avoid either of these things. And, to prove your point, your posts have been designed to avoid either of these things.

Good job old boy!

The thread title was intended to be taken light heartedly and certainly didn't preclude any interesting discussion relating to the emails. A dismissive "So what?" snarky response was all I got. It's just more tit for tat. Sarah Palin's GW stance has like nearly all repubs turned into a farce. There won't be a serious discussion here on that though because it doesn't matter that the facts have won the arguement the ignorance still is put out as fact. I'm tired of it. You know in person I've only met one person who thought gw wasn't real and he was more asking some questions from bs he had read online? Not dismissing it completely at all. The effort could have been made here but it wasn't indeed there's a venom just to negate gw. It's not sceptical science it's not science, it's anger.

I heard a speech Sarah Palin gave on c-span before I knew anything about her. I was actually really impressed, she talked with passion and articulated well her positions. I liked her, I thought wow this person speaks from the heart, she made me feel involved not talked down to, not trying just being. It was likely just before or right when McCain offered her the vp. The speech was likely in Alaska and definately before she had been picked.

But since then I've always been struck how that fluidity has turned so harsh. You can blame the press for that a wee bit, but she had something realy quite special. For her sake I hope she finds that again, but instead she seems to becoming increasingly shrill and partisan.
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #58 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

The thread title was intended to be taken light heartedly

Ummm...ok. I guess that's what emoticons are for. However in the context of the Left hating on Palin so much...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

A dismissive "So what?" snarky response was all I got.

Frankly, that's all it really deserves.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Sarah Palin's GW stance has like nearly all repubs turned into a farce. There won't be a serious discussion here on that though because it doesn't matter that the facts have won the arguement the ignorance still is put out as fact. I'm tired of it. You know in person I've only met one person who thought gw wasn't real and he was more asking some questions from bs he had read online? Not dismissing it completely at all. The effort could have been made here but it wasn't indeed there's a venom just to negate gw. It's not sceptical science it's not science, it's anger.

So this is really all about your faith in that secular religion of Global Warming/Climate Change?!?!

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #59 of 67
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Ummm...ok. I guess that's what emoticons are for. However in the context of the Left hating on Palin so much...




Frankly, that's all it really deserves.




So this is really all about your faith in that secular religion of Global Warming/Climate Change?!?!

Secular religion? Two words for you... hate and anger. Seriously you should be ashamed of yourself.
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #60 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Secular religion? Two words for you... hate and anger. Seriously you should be ashamed of yourself.

Are you accusing me of hate and anger? On what grounds? For what should I be ashamed?

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #61 of 67
Thread Starter 
Extraordinarily powerful poetry that reaches far beyond the Tea Party by S.L P@lin, read by none other than Keith Olbermann himself - http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/...-emails-poetry
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #62 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Extraordinarily powerful poetry that reaches far beyond the Tea Party by S.L P@lin, read by none other than Keith Olbermann himself - http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/...-emails-poetry

And the left's Sarah Palin fetish continues unabated. I'm thinking this might be a serious mental disorder at this point.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #63 of 67
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

And the left's Sarah Palin fetish continues unabated. I'm thinking this might be a serious mental disorder at this point.

I was looking for a laugh, the poetry was a bit disappointing though, hardly unexpected.

Personally I'm still waiting for Perry to become seduced by Palin. Maybe she'll do for him what she did for John McCain?
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #64 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

I was looking for a laugh, the poetry was a bit disappointing though, hardly unexpected.

Personally I'm still waiting for Perry to become seduced by Palin. Maybe she'll do for him what she did for John McCain?

Yet another person who espouses the myth that Sarah Palin hurt McCain's chances.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #65 of 67
Newly released mail: She complained that she was losing her inner circle within days of taking office in Alaska. Bodes very badly for a potential presidential hopeful and representative of the GOP.


leader.http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_892939.html

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply
post #66 of 67
So when do we get to see Obama's emails?

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #67 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Newly released mail: She complained that she was losing her inner circle within days of taking office in Alaska. Bodes very badly for a potential presidential hopeful and representative of the GOP.


leader.http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_892939.html

Smoking gun! Smoking gun!




I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › S@r@h P@lin's 24,000 Embarrassing Announcements.