or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Steve Jobs comic book biography coming in August
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Steve Jobs comic book biography coming in August

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 
A comic book biography of Apple CEO Steve Jobs is headed to stores in August.

Entitled "Steve Jobs: Co-Founder of Apple" and published by Bluewater Productions, the comic book will be the latest in a series of profiles on contemporary figures, which include Lady Gaga, Sarah Palin and Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg, The Associated Press reports.

"[Jobs'] innovations command front page news, speculation of his health affects the stock market. Not bad for a college dropout," Bluewater President Darren Davis said. "His story, and that of Apple, is epic."

The 32-page book, written by C.W. Cooke and drawn by Chris Schmidt, will be sold at comic book shops, bookstores and online retailers beginning August 24.

"Admire him or hate him, Jobs' vision and business acumen revolutionized the world," said Cooke. Between Jobs and Microsoft founder Bill Gates, "you would be hard pressed to find someone with greater influence over how we communicate, interact and do business over the last 30 years."

According to Bluewater, the decision to profile Jobs came after the Zuckerberg comic sold out. "There are definitely some similarities between Zuckerberg and Jobs. It takes a certain kind of drive and a certain kind of genius to move society the way they have," Cooke said. "The idea behind both efforts is to show the person behind the personality and that it is never what you'd expect."



Meanwhile, an authorized long-form biography of Jobs, written by former Time executive Walter Isaacson, is scheduled to arrive in early 2012. Last week, Amazon and the iBookstore began taking pre-orders for the book, entitled "iSteve: The Book of Jobs," with a tentative March 6, 2012 release date.



Isaacson's work will be the first biography to gain Jobs' cooperation and will include "three years of exclusive and unprecedented interviews" with Jobs, family members, colleagues and competitors.

Jobs has acted against unauthorized biographies in the past, with Apple removing all titles by one publisher from its retail stores.
post #2 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph L View Post

Bluewater? Has Steve checked out their other titles? ...

it's probably unauthorised.

I think he'd be more upset at the travesty that they are passing off for his likeness on the cover, the horrible layout and the really bad drawing. If the text is anything like that cover, it will be a hideous forgettable mess.
post #3 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

it's probably unauthorised.

I think he'd be more upset at the travesty that they are passing off for his likeness on the cover, the horrible layout and the really bad drawing. If the text is anything like that cover, it will be a hideous forgettable mess.

Yeh I imagine the typography alone will be upsetting for him.
post #4 of 14
A Sarah Palin comic book? At least they're keeping their target demographic's reading skills in mind.
post #5 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by bedouin View Post

A Sarah Palin comic book? At least they're keeping their target demographic's reading skills in mind.

Do you think that Obama voters are any smarter? Did you know that according to scientific testing using the Flesch-Kincaid grade level score, Obama scored the lowest of any modern President with his latest SOTU? If the score were any higher, then the message would have had a hard time penetrating through the thick skulls of ignorant liberals, racists and welfare recipients, basically people who make up his base.

I'm not even a big Palin fan, I just don't like liberals, and I will vote for absolutely anybody who is not Obama. Even the latest left wing media stalking of Palin has backfired and blown up in their hysterical faces. The more that liberals hate on her, the more it is obvious for all to see that they are truly terrified of that woman, and that's why they resort to their usual mob mentality. They attempt to mock a person who is much brighter and much more accomplished than their gaffe prone dear leader is, it is pure comedy gold.
post #6 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Do you think that Obama voters are any smarter? Did you know that according to scientific testing using the Flesch-Kincaid grade level score, Obama scored the lowest of any modern President with his latest SOTU? If the score were any higher, then the message would have had a hard time penetrating through the thick skulls of ignorant liberals, racists and welfare recipients, basically people who make up his base.

I'm not even a big Palin fan, I just don't like liberals, and I will vote for absolutely anybody who is not Obama. Even the latest left wing media stalking of Palin has backfired and blown up in their hysterical faces. The more that liberals hate on her, the more it is obvious for all to see that they are truly terrified of that woman, and that's why they resort to their usual mob mentality. They attempt to mock a person who is much brighter and much more accomplished than their gaffe prone dear leader is, it is pure comedy gold.

That's cool, I'll cancel out your vote if you're local. Go have a beer and relax, your two paragraph diatribe on a two line Palin quip isn't doing either of you any favors. Let us all be united in Apple awesomeness and be not distracted by the quibbles of politics on an Apple board. Passions get too high around election time and the crap starts spilling over where it doesn't belong.
post #7 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Do you think that Obama voters are any smarter? Did you know that according to scientific testing using the Flesch-Kincaid grade level score, Obama scored the lowest of any modern President with his latest SOTU? If the score were any higher, then the message would have had a hard time penetrating through the thick skulls of ignorant liberals, racists and welfare recipients, basically people who make up his base.

I'm not even a big Palin fan, I just don't like liberals, and I will vote for absolutely anybody who is not Obama. Even the latest left wing media stalking of Palin has backfired and blown up in their hysterical faces. The more that liberals hate on her, the more it is obvious for all to see that they are truly terrified of that woman, and that's why they resort to their usual mob mentality. They attempt to mock a person who is much brighter and much more accomplished than their gaffe prone dear leader is, it is pure comedy gold.

PLease GTFO, noone needs that shit here. There's a billion and one political blogs you can post your drivel at (and really shitty drivel, at that). The previous poster made a 1 line quip, it's pathetic you felt the need to respond with 2 paragraphs of (unoriginal) hate. Fuck off with that shit, noone cares about your less than inspired foaming-at-the-mouth views.
post #8 of 14
There's an interesting contrast: a properly researched, authorized bio by someone who did Einstein, vs a comic book. I wonder which will sell the most copies?
post #9 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

PLease GTFO, noone needs that shit here. There's a billion and one political blogs you can post your drivel at (and really shitty drivel, at that). The previous poster made a 1 line quip, it's pathetic you felt the need to respond with 2 paragraphs of (unoriginal) hate. Fuck off with that shit, noone cares about your less than inspired foaming-at-the-mouth views.

Are you saying that Apple ][ should get on his horse and ride off with Sarah and Paul Revere to warn the British that the British are coming?

I admit to being a Fanatical Moderate. I Disdain the Inane. Vyizderzominymororzizazizdenderizorziz?

Reply

I admit to being a Fanatical Moderate. I Disdain the Inane. Vyizderzominymororzizazizdenderizorziz?

Reply
post #10 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Do you think that Obama voters are any smarter? Did you know that according to scientific testing using the Flesch-Kincaid grade level score, Obama scored the lowest of any modern President with his latest SOTU? If the score were any higher, then the message would have had a hard time penetrating through the thick skulls of ignorant liberals, racists and welfare recipients, basically people who make up his base.

I'm not even a big Palin fan, I just don't like liberals, and I will vote for absolutely anybody who is not Obama. Even the latest left wing media stalking of Palin has backfired and blown up in their hysterical faces. The more that liberals hate on her, the more it is obvious for all to see that they are truly terrified of that woman, and that's why they resort to their usual mob mentality. They attempt to mock a person who is much brighter and much more accomplished than their gaffe prone dear leader is, it is pure comedy gold.


Scientific testing like copying the text into word and running Spell check. The low score tells me the speech was written to reach Tea Party members...

I know this whole line was a bit off-topic, but scientific testing, really? Bush scores an avg 8.6 versus Obama's average 8.5. Speech writers clearly felt like their message has not been reaching the audience so they have toned down the complexity.
post #11 of 14
Horrendous cover for a book, any book. The both of them, psst!
post #12 of 14
i seriously thought that second book cover was a joke. title, design and all. really? it's real? and, that is the official biography that iSteve himself approved? i can't believe it.
post #13 of 14


Ok, on second thoughts this might actual give Steve Jobs a belly laugh. They made him look like the star of a geek-porno.
post #14 of 14
Given the number of geeks that can actually put together sentences, a comic book biography makes sense.

Many of the most important software concepts were invented in the 70s and forgotten in the 80s.

Reply

Many of the most important software concepts were invented in the 70s and forgotten in the 80s.

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Steve Jobs comic book biography coming in August