or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › iCloud and Snow Leopard?

iCloud and Snow Leopard?

post #1 of 5
Based upon what we know about iCloud will Lion be required or will Snow Leopard suffice? I'd like to run Lion. I currently have Core 2 Duo, which is the minimum, but who knows how well it will run Lion. Plus not all my apps are universal, so they wouldn't run under Lion. Don't have the money to buy a new copy of Office for example. Thanks for any insights.
post #2 of 5
The newest version of Office that can't run in Lion is Office 2004. That is seven-year-old software.
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Me View Post

The newest version of Office that can't run in Lion is Office 2004. That is seven-year-old software.

My question was about Snow Leopard and iCloud. Office was just an aside.
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by imacFP View Post

My question was about Snow Leopard and iCloud. Office was just an aside.

The technology behind iCloud is likely the same that powers Versions for Delta changes. Snow Leopard doesn't have this feature so it would be unable to manage the Delta changes necessary to run and online backup system where sending the least amount of data necessary is vital.
He's a mod so he has a few extra vBulletin privileges. That doesn't mean he should stop posting or should start acting like Digital Jesus.
- SolipsismX
He's a mod so he has a few extra vBulletin privileges. That doesn't mean he should stop posting or should start acting like Digital Jesus.
- SolipsismX
post #5 of 5
Thanks. That is what I thought.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac OS X
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › iCloud and Snow Leopard?