or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Can someone else step down for Anthony Weiner?

Can someone else step down for Anthony Weiner? - Page 3

Poll Results: Can another rep. take the punishment of resignation in place of Anthony Weiner?

• 12% (1)
    Yes
  • 87% (7)
    No
8 Total Votes  
post #81 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

This is not humor but a perverted individual that needs help asap.I feel sorry for his parents and his wife.

Is he really so different from the average man? 60% of men physically cheat, he didn't even go that far (that we know).
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
post #82 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

It started with the Republicans. It continued with several Democrats. I'm very pissed at Obama and Pelosi and the rest who defended Clinton but left Weiner limp and out in the cold.

I don't see the Politicaloutsider Conservative lynch mob out for David Vitter, either. Why are you not calling for his resignation? Do you think tweeting your penis is worse than soliciting prostitution?

I think what Weiner did was honestly worse. I really do. Visiting a prostitute is looked at as morally wrong by many people. But I also think people understand that sex is our most primary drive, and that some have trouble containing it. He cheated on his wife. What Weiner did is seen as more odd and even perverse. He used social media to send pictures of his wang to multiple women. He had cybersex with multiple women. And then he conducted a campaign of premeditated lying. He lied to literally everyone: One-on-one interviews, public statements, former girlfriends, friends, supporters, other members of Congress...everyone. He did this for a week until the fact were such that he HAD to admit it.

Any public official who uses social friggin' media to send pictures of his wang, pictures in a towel, sex chat, etc...shows such incredibly poor judgment that he ought to literally have his head examined. And dude...he's been married a year to an attractive younger woman, yet at one point he's chatting with a 17 year old? What is wrong with this guy? I think what he did was far worse than Clinton as well, though I do believe Clinton was a womanizer with deep character flaws as well. But he basically gave evasive answers under oath, and made a single statement in public ("I did not have sex that woman, Monica Lewinsky"). And really...everyone knew Clinton was getting blowies long before he took office.

Oh, and he was married to Hillary..so hey, what would you do?
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #83 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Ouch! You had to go there.
post #84 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Ah yes. The typical dodge the question when the real answer might make a conservative look bad reply.

I'm not a conservative. I'm a libertarian.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #85 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Jazzy, do you think Wiener should have resigned?

Why, thank you for asking, tonton! That is quite refreshing!

Weiner did nothing illegal (that we know of...). No victim, no crime. He was not obligated by law to resign.

That said, I believe he is not trustworthy and wouldn't want him representing me - especially with the unconstitutional power government has over us today. But that's ultimately up to his constituents, not me.

post #86 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Why, thank you for asking, tonton! That is quite refreshing!

Weiner did nothing illegal (that we know of...). No victim, no crime. He was not obligated by law to resign.

That said, I believe he is not trustworthy and wouldn't want him representing me - especially with the unconstitutional power government has over us today. But that's ultimately up to his constituents, not me.

Fair enough. Would you want a married man who solicits prostitutes representing you?
post #87 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Fair enough. Would you want a married man who solicits prostitutes representing you?

No, I personally would not.

Not only does it demonstrate a propensity for self gratification and objectification of women, it clearly shows that he doesn't honor his personal commitments.

I know nobody is perfect, and I certainly don't expect perfection from those I consider for public office.

But should we not hold our elected officials to a high standard?

How can a man of such questionable character be trusted to honor his commitments to the Constitution and his constituents?

post #88 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

I think what Weiner did was honestly worse. I really do. Visiting a prostitute is looked at as morally wrong by many people. But I also think people understand that sex is our most primary drive, and that some have trouble containing it. He cheated on his wife. What Weiner did is seen as more odd and even perverse. He used social media to send pictures of his wang to multiple women. He had cybersex with multiple women. And then he conducted a campaign of premeditated lying. He lied to literally everyone: One-on-one interviews, public statements, former girlfriends, friends, supporters, other members of Congress...everyone. He did this for a week until the fact were such that he HAD to admit it.

Any public official who uses social friggin' media to send pictures of his wang, pictures in a towel, sex chat, etc...shows such incredibly poor judgment that he ought to literally have his head examined. And dude...he's been married a year to an attractive younger woman, yet at one point he's chatting with a 17 year old? What is wrong with this guy? I think what he did was far worse than Clinton as well, though I do believe Clinton was a womanizer with deep character flaws as well. But he basically gave evasive answers under oath, and made a single statement in public ("I did not have sex that woman, Monica Lewinsky"). And really...everyone knew Clinton was getting blowies long before he took office.

Wiener, Vitter, Clinton.

Only one of those people broke the law.

Clearly, that's not a problem for you.
post #89 of 89
And how about this guy?

Also, indexed sums this nonsense up quite nicely: http://thisisindexed.com/2011/06/cho...oral-majority/

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Can someone else step down for Anthony Weiner?