or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Updated photos from the Fellows family.

Updated photos from the Fellows family.

post #1 of 19
I have been away for a while and thought I would create a flikr page to host photos of my family etc.

I invite you all to share your recent photos as well if you desire to share them with us here at AI.

This set was taken tonight. (Pardon the cellphone camera quality) I took my son to the Church program that has been teaching about Noah for 3 days. The adults got a sermon by the pastor, the kids got their lesson as well. Followed by a Church production or play.

I will when I have time share some pics of the family.

In this set you will see my son Oliver from time to time.

Join me and share your pics.

Click the magnifying glass to have a nice slideshow format when clicking this link.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hisword...57626965359830

Fellows
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34

post #2 of 19
So how did Noah fit 10,000,000 animals on an ark, anyway?

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
post #3 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

So how did Noah fit 10,000,000 animals on an ark, anyway?

I don't think Fellows believes the story of the Ark was a factual account (and that all other animals on Earth perished).
post #4 of 19
So that's where Jon Kyl got his inspiration. It was clearly of divine origin. The Bible: not intended to be a factual statement.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #5 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

So that's where Jon Kyl got his inspiration. It was clearly of divine origin. The Bible: not intended to be a factual statement.

My question for Fellowship (if believes the ark story is factual) is this:

There were presumably two dogs on the ark, one male and one female. I've heard this again and again from creationists. Any dog can mate with any other dog, so they only needed two (this argument is made when people question whether all the animals could have fit on the ark).

The process that followed the flood, under which those two dogs "changed" into species as varied as a Chihuahua and a St. Bernard... does that process have a name?

Expanding on this question:

How about deer? Were there just two deer on the ark? Did they "change" into moose and pudú?

Exactly how many "kinds" of animals were on the ark? Were they all the species? All the genuses? All the taxonomic families?

Were amphibians on the ark?

What about insects?

Seriously, I don't understand why fundies insist that the Bible is fact. It was historically never presented as such. To claim it is factual history is just plain silly and worthy of pity (which is often seen as ridicule).
post #6 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

My question for Fellowship (if believes the ark story is factual) is this:

There were presumably two dogs on the ark, one male and one female. I've heard this again and again from creationists. Any dog can mate with any other dog, so they only needed two (this argument is made when people question whether all the animals could have fit on the ark).

The process that followed the flood, under which those two dogs "changed" into species as varied as a Chihuahua and a St. Bernard... does that process have a name?

Expanding on this question:

How about deer? Were there just two deer on the ark? Did they "change" into moose and pudú?

Exactly how many "kinds" of animals were on the ark? Were they all the species? All the genuses? All the taxonomic families?

Were amphibians on the ark?

What about insects?

Seriously, I don't understand why fundies insist that the Bible is fact. It was historically never presented as such. To claim it is factual history is just plain silly and worthy of pity (which is often seen as ridicule).

Mom! Mom! Look! That's the bigeest strawman I've ever seen!!!! Wow!
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #7 of 19
These pictures are of Heather, myself and the family.

Click the magnifying glass for a nice format to review the photos,

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hisword...57626843699571

Your turn to post your pictures.

Fellows

post #8 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellowship View Post

These pictures are of Heather, myself and the family.

Click the magnifying glass for a nice format to review the photos,

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hisword...57626843699571

Your turn to post your pictures.

Fellows

post #9 of 19
Really? Can the off topic articles be move the correct forum? Camping? Family photos? Keep it out of PO. \
post #10 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

Really? Can the off topic articles be move the correct forum? Camping? Family photos? Keep it out of PO. \

I'm afraid I must agree. That's what AO is for, no?

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #11 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

I'm afraid I must agree. That's what AO is for, no?

I apologize. I as a former mod should know better. If a mod will relocate this I agree with the sentiment. Sorry for the situation.

Fellows

post #12 of 19
Quote:

What a good looking family! Thanks for sharing tonton!

Fellows

post #13 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellowship View Post

I apologize. I as a former mod should know better. If a mod will relocate this I agree with the sentiment. Sorry for the situation.

Fellows

The "Free Speech Thread" here should be fine for posting this and your camping thread.
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

post #14 of 19
Judging from the Ark stuff, this is the right forum. And of course, we're kind of a special community here within PO who don't all frequent the other forums or choose to respond there.
post #15 of 19
I think Fellowship is fine in posting here. AO is obviously dead and the forum owners should combine it with a forum that is active like this one.

Quote:

Judging from the Ark stuff, this is the right forum. And of course, we're kind of a special community here within PO who don't all frequent the other forums or choose to respond there.

Speak for yourself. I go to the other forums.

I'm not sure to what degree I care to share pics but do appreciate those who have. A few folks on here have been a little extreme over the years. I found these two from our Mother's Day ride this year that share but keep it a bit protective.

The wife and the two boys on the dirt in the midst of our little 15 mile ride.

Me, myself and I.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #16 of 19
Tonton, you look a lot like how I imagined you to look and whilst I've been here I've not seen you mention your appearance.

Trump, you look much less like what I thought you'd look like, but I've imagined you with a slightly Italian appearance, so maybe wasn't completely off?

I'd put up a few pics, but I've no flicker et al accounts. The time I tried it I made such a pigs ear of it I thought "£uck it" and haven't tried again. Might see if I'm a bit more internet savvy though than I was and give it another bash.

Nice free bike btw from the camping thread! Recentky someone was throwing out a bicycle across the street from me and I grabbed what looks like a fairly comfortable seat. May bring my bike into town, but I much prefer taking it easy on tracks etc out of town.y brother here cycles in a cycling group. There nuts. They ride to conquer. If he's not timing himself he may as well not be on a bike!

post #17 of 19
Nick I saw the pic with the dirt road and I thought to myself....

Dang... I knews California had some fiscal / funding issues but little did I expect to see dirt roads!

LOL just messin!

Fellows

post #18 of 19
Thanks for sharing, Nick. I think it gives a lot more of a human feel to see each other here. We've all got similarities and we can work through our differences.
post #19 of 19
Quote:

Thanks for sharing, Nick. I think it gives a lot more of a human feel to see each other here. We've all got similarities and we can work through our differences.

I agree 100%

Fellows

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Updated photos from the Fellows family.