or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › More Media Bias

More Media Bias

post #1 of 2
I was reading through a brief Yahoo news "piece" on Romney joking he was "unemployed" too. Look at how brief the other paragraphs are in comparison to the one I've emphasized. It starts right from the beginning, too.

Quote:

Mitt Romney to voters: Im also unemployed
By Holly Bailey

It's a line that's sure to come back to haunt Mitt Romney.

At a campaign event in Florida today, the 2012 Republican frontrunner met with a group of unemployed workers who talked about their challenges looking for jobs in the struggling economy.

After they concluded, the former Massachusetts governor suggested he should tell his own "story," according to the New York Times' Jeff Zeleny.

"I'm also unemployed," Romney replied, with a smile.

The comment was clearly meant to hint jokingly at Romney's bid for the presidency, but it was also an odd statement coming from a candidate whose financial situation is so far removed from his audience's. A former head of Bain Capital, Romney is said to be worth at least $200 million--wealth that has enabled him to concentrate on running for president full time for the better part of the last five years.

But Romney's audience was in on the joke. According to Zeleny, the group "chuckled" along with Romney, with one man asking, "Are you on LinkedIn?"
The former governor replied, "I'm networking. I have my sight on a particular job."

Yeah, Holly Bailey (whoever the hell she is). Let's slam the guy for making a fucking joke that the audience liked. It's going to be a long 18 months.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #2 of 2
It's quite apparent to me that the mainstream media has picked Romney to be the Republican Nominee at this stage in the game. The election is a long way away and things might change, but the fact that they declared Romney the "winner" of CNN's debate pretty much solidifies him as their pick.

That's one more reason not to vote for him.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › More Media Bias