or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Adobe adds support for building iOS apps with Flash Builder, Flex

Adobe adds support for building iOS apps with Flash Builder, Flex - Page 2

post #41 of 44
deleted
post #42 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

The challenge is that we can have one-person website teams. But a one-person iPad app team? Except for the highly talented, anything significant is going to need more people. Or does it? What's your opinion.

The thing is with the iPad app, unlike the iPhone, I find the built-in interface widgets are only useful for things like Settings, etc. Everything else interface-wise for a decent iPad app will have to be custom designed.

If you can have a web design team of one (visual design + code) then you can have a team of one for ipad. iOS development is not harder than AS3 development -in many ways it is easier once you get to grips with it. It's also relatively easy to implement custom designed interface elements in ObjectiveC - Apple have done a really good job and iOS5 SDK will significantly improve upon what is already good.
post #43 of 44
@nvidia2008 A 14 yr old kid submitted Bubble Ball(free version) at the end of December 2010 created with Corona SDK and knocked off Angry Birds(free version).
post #44 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggbrigette View Post

Have you had the same programs for years? If so the CSS in Dreamweaver is so woefully out of date (and the html for that matter too) then you are completely wasting your time. If up to date, then you are a bit better off. It doesn't hurt to learn Dreamweaver since you can get more jobs if you know it, but you would be better off watching the CSS videos at Lynda.com, CSS drives all of the layout and is so crucial for good looking and functioning sites.

Just like you said, " it doesn't hurt to learn since you can get more jobs if you know it".
I was reading an article about "HTML5 vs Flash" and holy cow! the ones commenting could have started WW 3! The hierarchy of client then designer then developer, I'm a graphic designer and I have respect for programmers and developers trust me I wish there was an easier way for me to learn Cocoa Touch and XCode and Objective-C. But some companies look for graphic designers "MUST KNOW ADOBE CREATIVE SUITE" oh and/or flash and dreamweaver. So it is a little frustrating.

I've been delving in the usual iOS stuff that comes with coming up with an app. That way I can develop and design my own stuff and have the best of both worlds.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Adobe adds support for building iOS apps with Flash Builder, Flex