or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Building an Apple network

Building an Apple network

post #1 of 3
Hi,

I would like to build an apple network across my home.

I have a Time Capsule and three Apple Extremes.

Is it as simple as plugging in my Time capsule to the internet, setting that up and then adding the extremes?

I have been told I need to put the on extended mode, what is that and how do I do it.

Also I will not have a lot of memory on the network. How do I make best use of that and can I use it to store the movies I currently have in my iTunes on my iMac?

N
post #2 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by niallbrennan View Post

Hi,

I would like to build an apple network across my home.

I have a Time Capsule and three Apple Extremes.

Is it as simple as plugging in my Time capsule to the internet, setting that up and then adding the extremes?

I have been told I need to put the on extended mode, what is that and how do I do it.

Also I will not have a lot of memory on the network. How do I make best use of that and can I use it to store the movies I currently have in my iTunes on my iMac?

N

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.h...en/ap2043.html

You need to set up a WDS (Wireless Distribution System)
He's a mod so he has a few extra vBulletin privileges. That doesn't mean he should stop posting or should start acting like Digital Jesus.
- SolipsismX
He's a mod so he has a few extra vBulletin privileges. That doesn't mean he should stop posting or should start acting like Digital Jesus.
- SolipsismX
post #3 of 3
any one of these devices should suffice to build a home network--I don't know why you would need 4---the time capsule and the 3 extremes---

Just use one---follow the directions in the link that was attached---
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Genius Bar
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Building an Apple network